New Logbook Exploit

Cor Leonis

I was messing around and stumbled upon this by accident. Apparently, when you Update a Logbook unit's stats, it for some unknown reason also saves the My Castle stat statues in its memory permanently. For instance, my maxed-out generic Lancer had 40 Spd with all golden Spd statues in my castle. I Updated his stats, Dismissed him, and Recruited him again. I then destroyed some Spd statues, yet my Lancer's Spd stat didn't drop. For some reason, he kept his Spd stat like those statues still existed. I then applied golden Str statues to see if that would cancel out this strange effect, but he kept the Spd bonuses alongside the new Str bonuses. If my assumptions are correct, you could theoretically give any Logbook unit the benefits of all 67 My Castle stat statues available in Revelation without having them built in your castle. Mind you, it would take a lot of Gold and patience and would only work on Logbook units, but I think it's a great trick to make some crazy units.

Here's a guide to doing the trick:

• Have enough Gold to Recruit your Logbook unit three times.
  • Set up all your Skill/Spd/Lck golden My Castle statues.
  • Update your Logbook unit.
  • Dismiss your Logbook unit.
  • Recruit your Logbook unit.
  • Set up all your Str/Mag/Def golden My Castle statues.
  • Set up all your Res golden My Castle statues.
  • Congrats! You have a Logbook unit with the benefits of all 67 golden My Castle statues in Revelation!

You can probably set up all your Str/Mag/Def/Res statues at the same time if you want to save some Gold, but you'll have to destroy pretty much all your buildings in order to do so. I'm completely unaware why or how the Logbook keeps My Castle statues in a unit's memory, but it does. You don't even have to max out a units stats to exploit this initially, so you could save a lot of Gold doing this to your Logbook units sooner than later. It was consistent across multiple Logbook units for me, so anyone willing to confirm my research is welcome to further prove this exploit.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Can PvP even sink any lower, though. Let's find out!

If it's Guests only, Final Destination. Support bonuses are a thing though (something that guest units can't get).

I'm still scratching my head on how would the statues work if we bring in a fully Revelation-boosted unit from the Logbook into Birthright for the Yukimura and Izana statues or in another file where the avatar has different Boon/Bane combos (since the avatar's and Kana's statues boost stats differently based on the Boon/Bane chosen at the start of the game) and of course, if the avatars and Kanas are of different genders.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm still scratching my head on how would the statues work if we bring in a fully Revelation-boosted unit from the Logbook into Birthright for the Yukimura and Izana statues or in another file where the avatar has different Boon/Bane combos (since the avatar's and Kana's statues boost stats differently based on the Boon/Bane chosen at the start of the game) and of course, if the avatars and Kanas are of different genders.

Oh, my. I hadn't even considered that. Mind you, I haven't actually tested bring it over to a different save since I've only grinded statues in my Revelation file. I suppose it's more likely nothing would happen since setting up one Skill statue (Yukimura) is less than 12 Skill statues (the amount available in Revelation). I figured I'd bring it up, however, in case statues are kept track of individually within Logbook units. If so, it's likely whatever Corrin and Kana statues are present at the time of Updating will take priority since they're technically from the same characters, just in different stats.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Grinding for statues:

Plains of Hoshido might be the best place to do it -- rather open area and the map doesn't feel too big and the enemies are rather low-level unpromoted units. If you scout the area twice (or once if a bandit party is already there), having 1 unit solo the map scores that unit 22 kills. Easily done if that unit uses a 1-2 range weapon, moreso if the unit can move around on the map quickly.

Grinding for statues:

Plains of Hoshido might be the best place to do it -- rather open area and the map doesn't feel too big and the enemies are rather low-level unpromoted units. If you scout the area twice (or once if a bandit party is already there), having 1 unit solo the map scores that unit 22 kills. Easily done if that unit uses a 1-2 range weapon, moreso if the unit can move around on the map quickly.

Shigure's map, Astral Sea, is much better imo. Very small and the enemies are decently leveled to where you can grind off it. Only contains 19 units but you can finish it in less then 30 sec with a double scout.

Edited by PizzaRice

Tested the extra Birthright steps. Didn't work, unfortunately. It looks like the exploit relies on quantity of statues and not the uniqueness of them. I'll go ahead and remove that from the OP, but the Revelation side of the exploit should work perfectly. Here's the outdated instructions I removed in case anyone gets confused on what we were talking about:

If you want to go the extra mile and get the benefits of Yukimura and Izana (and Scarlet if you missed getting her statue in Revelation), you could probably even transfer the exploit over to a Birthright file. Here's some extra steps for that:

(NOTE: These steps do not work.)

1. Have enough Gold to Recruit your Logbook unit four times in Revelation.
  2. Have enough Gold to Recruit your Logbook unit one time in Birthright.
  3. Follow the above guide in your Revelation file from Step 2 up to and including Step 11.
  4. Save the game in your Revelation file to update the Logbook globally.
  5. Recruit your Logbook unit in your Birthright file.
  6. Set up your Yukimura/Izana/Scarlet golden My Castle statues.
  7. Update your Logbook unit and save the game.
  8. Load Revelation and Recruit your Logbook unit.
  9. Congrats! You have a Logbook unit with the benefits of all 69 golden My Castle statues available in Fire Emblem Fates!

Edited by Cor Leonis

Shigure's map, Astral Sea, is much better imo. Very small and the enemies are decently leveled to where you can grind off it. Only contains 19 units but you can finish it in less then 30 sec with a double scout.

enemies on that map scales off your current progress though, Plains of Hoshido has consistently low-leveled enemies. It also costs more.

Tested the extra Birthright steps. Didn't work, unfortunately. It looks like the exploit relies on quantity of statues and not the uniqueness of them. I'll go ahead and remove that from the OP, but the Revelation side of the exploit should work perfectly. Here's the outdated instructions I removed in case anyone gets confused on what we were talking about:

If you want to go the extra mile and get the benefits of Yukimura and Izana (and Scarlet if you missed getting her statue in Revelation), you could probably even transfer the exploit over to a Birthright file. Here's some extra steps for that:

(NOTE: These steps do not work.)

1. Have enough Gold to Recruit your Logbook unit four times in Revelation.
  2. Have enough Gold to Recruit your Logbook unit one time in Birthright.
  3. Follow the above guide in your Revelation file from Step 2 up to and including Step 11.
  4. Save the game in your Revelation file to update the Logbook globally.
  5. Recruit your Logbook unit in your Birthright file.
  6. Set up your Yukimura/Izana/Scarlet golden My Castle statues.
  7. Update your Logbook unit and save the game.
  8. Load Revelation and Recruit your Logbook unit.
  9. Congrats! You have a Logbook unit with the benefits of all 69 golden My Castle statues available in Fire Emblem Fates!

OK, that makes it much easier to go for max caps.

May need to do multiple playthroughs (a minimum of 4 playthroughs since there are 7 different stats to boost and all have to be Revelation) if you truly want to boost all stats as high as possible (and run different Boon/Bane combos while transferring guest units around). So, if you want to do this for a lot of guest units, you better have at least 4 save slots to spare to pull this off.

In the case that Avatar has HP as his/her Boon or Bane, avatar's (Boon) or Kana's (Bane) statue boosts STR.

Examples:

File 1: +STR/-MAG Corrin (have all STR and MAG statues available)

File 2: +SPD/-SKL Corrin (have all SPD and SKL statues available)

File 3: +DEF/-RES Corrin (have all DEF and RES statues available)

File 4: +???/-LCK Corrin (have all LCK statues available)

May be good to give Corrin a name based on his/her Boon/Bane combo for this (ie. "STR/MAG").

Edited by Roflolxp54

+Str/-HP (or +HP/-Str but why would you ever do that to yourself) is the only one worth pointing out since it gives you two extra statues for the same stat that you can't get any other way since you can't run the same boon/bane combination (like +Spd/-Spd). Being optimal, you'd only need to do four playthroughs with something like +Str/-HP, +Mag/-Res, +Spd/-Lck, and +Def/-Skill with one of the four being your main file. The problem with doing this is, even though you only need four Revelation playthroughs, you'd still need to grind out all the relevant stat statues in each one (not to mention having to reach the point of unlocking all the relevant characters to even grind the statues) since the quantity of statues built in your castle is ultimately what matters. I'd say that's not really worth the investment for an extra stat point on a Logbook unit, but it's interesting to point out.

Edited by Cor Leonis

The problem with doing this is, even though you only need four Revelation playthroughs, you'd still need to grind out all 67 statues in each one since the quantity of statues built in your castle is ultimately what matters. I'd say that's not really worth the investment for an extra stat point on a Logbook unit, but it's interesting to point out.

Let me get this clear: so total # of statues built in castle, not just total # of statues of a specific stat built in a castle, is what ultimately matters?

Let me get this clear: so total # of statues built in castle, not just total # of statues of a specific stat built in a castle, is what ultimately matters?

Sorry, I got a bit mixed up myself. See my edited post. It would just be the relevant stat statues.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Sorry, I got a bit mixed up myself. See my edited post. It would just be the relevant stat statues.

Well, then it wouldn't need to be 67 statues per file then! It would just be ~20 statues per file with the exception of the HP/STR one.

And if you have the Ghostly Gold DLC map, you can abuse that and just drop in stat-capped Einherjar units and give them weapons to cheese the game.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, then it wouldn't need to be 67 statues per file then! It would just be ~20 statues per file with the exception of the HP/STR one.

True enough. And I suppose the time investment isn't too much of a concern since you could do your extra boon/bane files on Normal-Phoenix to brute force your way to unlocking everyone relevant with minimal effort. I stand corrected. Go nuts and get those extra stat points on your Logbook units.

And if you have the Ghostly Gold DLC map, you can abuse that and just drop in stat-capped Einherjar units and give them weapons to cheese the game.

This also works.

Edited by Cor Leonis

This isn't exactly news to me. The talk happened early on, and the Japanese version also had this problem. NOA only fixed so many things through localization of the game, and by that I mean nothing at all (for example, you can still forge a Bronze Axe and get a crit stat on it, without it being able to crit at all still). Only difference would be that we don't need to install a 1.1 update... as of right now, anyway.

But back to the actual topic at hand. Yeah, statue abuse isn't new. 3rd gen Kanas with stats higher than your Omega Yato+Battle Seal+Visitation Seal-boosted Avatar at max potential are out there as such examples. Even amiibo are affected by the glitch. IIRC, if your character wasn't originally part of your save file or isn't the most up-to-date in your logbook, you can remove the statues in your castle AND keep the statue bonuses intact on them (as mentioned in the OP- I say this because my duplicate MU does seem to drop stats in-game, but not others). From there, build stuff that gives other passive bonuses and you find yourself at a even bigger advantage in your MC.

Personally, I find that any character with a white background (Einherjar) isn't fair game to use or play against for reasons like this, but that's just me. Awakening also had problems with its logbook (as you had the potential to use an infinite amount of stat boosters on a character this way), and it just looks like every time it has been a thing, there was always a way to break it. Sometimes I do wonder if I should think it was an oversight or that it's an extra tool for the player to "Awakening" their way through Fates, if you're catching my drift...

Edited by ItzMeeMario

3rd gen Kanas with stats higher than your Omega Yato+Battle Seal+Visitation Seal-boosted Avatar at max potential are out there as such examples. Even amiibo are affected by the glitch. IIRC, if your character wasn't originally part of your save file or isn't the most up-to-date in your logbook, you can remove the statues in your castle AND keep the statue bonuses intact on them (as mentioned in the OP- I say this because my duplicate MU does seem to drop stats in-game, but not others). From there, build stuff that gives other passive bonuses and you find yourself at a even bigger advantage in your MC.

In what universe does Kana end up better than a maxed-out Corrin? Sure, you might be able to min-max Kana more efficiently, but the Omega Yato alone is a free 16 stat points Kana can never have. Are you implying there's more to statue abuse outside of the Logbook?

In what universe does Kana end up better than a maxed-out Corrin? Sure, you might be able to min-max Kana more efficiently, but the Omega Yato alone is a free 16 stat points Kana can never have. Are you implying there's more to statue abuse outside of the Logbook?

The universe where a logbook Avatar cannot use the Yato, and therefore will not benefit from its boosts. He/she has to pick between one of two stat boosts: the Yato or the logbook. Meanwhile, logbook Kana benefits from two sources; the logbook itself and an additional one being inheritance, which in the end puts Kana at the top.

Logbook Kana not only gets sky-high modifiers from being a third generation, but also can use the extra statues from logbook abuse. Avatar gets 19 total from the Yato plus his modifier combo at most; meanwhile, Kana can get 12 from the right parents, on top of the number of extra statues acquired from the logbook (don't forget to add Avatar and Kana's other sets of boon/bane statues to the equation). And Kana can, as you mentioned, min-max to greater effect off the bat (among other things, reach if not break 60 skill in some classes without item/skill support, which leads to near 100% Rend Heaven/Toxic Brew activation without the need of Hoshidan Unity or rallies). Especially Toxic Brew, since Quixotic has been found to not boost it.

Ergo, Kana wins.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Ah, I hadn't realized you were talking about Logbook versions of the characters, so thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea Einherjar units couldn't use Prf weapons either since I've only used amiibo and Prison units. Einherjars can't get Support bonuses either, correct? I haven't really touched PvP at all because of how broken it seems, so I'm unaware if Support bonuses even exist there. Then again, I suppose that doesn't really even matter since using Pair Up sounds like it is completely inferior to Tag Team in PvP which Logbook units can take a better advantage of with their inflated stats.

Ah, I hadn't realized you were talking about Logbook versions of the characters, so thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea Einherjar units couldn't use Prf weapons either since I've only used amiibo and Prison units. Einherjars can't get Support bonuses either, correct? I haven't really touched PvP at all because of how broken it seems, so I'm unaware if Support bonuses even exist there. Then again, I suppose that doesn't really even matter since using Pair Up sounds like it is completely inferior to Tag Team in PvP which Logbook units can take a better advantage of with their inflated stats.

Yup, logbook units don't get support bonuses whatsoever as far as I'm aware.

enemies on that map scales off your current progress though, Plains of Hoshido has consistently low-leveled enemies. It also costs more.

I usually use "Town of Izumo" for grinding. No terrain effects, low level enemies and even 1 unit can usually get both sparklies before killing everything.

Okay, so I took the time to grind out three additional Revelation files (supports, statues, etc.) for the extra stat point from boon/bane statues. Here are some of my results:

iEeWdfy.jpg

YoC30qx.jpg

At45oU1.jpg
DcEJxz6.jpg
n9ZLdnd.jpg

The Logbook trick definitely works, and the additional boon/bane statues transfer over. It's a shame I can't give Logbook units Dragon Blood to fully max them out because damn these guys are ridiculous. Ike in particular was already the best amiibo unit, but this is just a whole new level of crazy.

Edited by Cor Leonis

This explains why that my capped logbook units often have white stats again. =P

Never knew that this was the cause of it. Thought that the game messed up or something. By the way, does all 69 character statues have to be required to do this?