DLC - Is that it? Are we done?

Shadou

Map pack 2 came out right on the heels of map pack 1's last DLC release, but we're here after the last of map pack 2, and there's no map pack 3. So, is that it then? I'd been expecting the first of map pack 3 to go up today, but nothing so far.

We're still missing the weakness guards, a way to get more than just one Paragon, the scramble-type maps, and the Fates version of Awakening's Apotheosis. I'm also a bit unhappy that the only way to get some of the content is to gather collector's items.

I have to say, if we're done, I'm extremely disappointed.

There are two maps that came in the same pack as heirs of fate in the japanese version. Dunno why they didn't come here

It's called translation and localization. With the sheer number of conversations in those 2 maps, it's not a surprise that it's going to take a while.

There scramble maps are still coming.

However, after that, the DLC is pretty much done.

It's even hinted in Heirs of Fates, with Shigure's song.

One part of the lyrics is "Sing with me one last time."

And it's "The End" screen is different, with Azura's pendant breaking.

It all implies to be that Heirs of Fates was the very last chapter of Fates's story.

However, I'm rather fine with it, the DLC was good in my opinion, and we really don't need another Apotheosis map.

Edited by Water Mage

There are two maps that came in the same pack as heirs of fate in the japanese version. Dunno why they didn't come here

That accounts for the Exalt Brand and the Hero Brand, being able to get multiple of them, and the scramble-type maps, but still leaves us without the aforementioned items or a version of Apotheosis.

That accounts for the Exalt Brand and the Hero Brand, being able to get multiple of them, and the scramble-type maps, but still leaves us without the aforementioned items or a version of Apotheosis.

Considering that Heir of Fates and the Festival maps came to Japan 9 months after FE Fates' release (and 5 months after the previous DLC map release, which was the Witch DLC map), IS could very well be making more.

Edited by Roflolxp54

We still don't have Ema, Shade and Yuzu from Cipher yet...

I think that after the Scramble Maps, we'll get another DLC pack. If I'm remembering correctly, there were Skill Scrolls that gave access to Bold Stance and the Winged/Beast/Armor Shields found in the files of the game. And considering how Vanguard and Witch had Skill Scrolls of their class skills, I really hope they give Skill Scrolls for the other DLC classes. I don't think it's very fair that Female Units can't use Ignis (without Nohrian Trust) and Male Units can't use Awakening.

However, I'm rather fine with it, the DLC was good in my opinion, and we really don't need another Apotheosis map.

I'm still hyping for a possible apotheosis 2.0, but yeah I'm fine with the current dlc too.

Edited by Jin

It's called translation and localization. With the sheer number of conversations in those 2 maps, it's not a surprise that it's going to take a while.

This is why I am sad as I wait, as the amount of conversations seems staggering to me and these 2 maps are the ones I have been waiting for since they were released for Japan. I don't like the sad stuff they do with 'everything goes wrong' and just like the funny silly stuff so these maps have been a dream come true since I learned of them.

Nevermind Apotheosis, aren't we still missing a 5 star difficulty map?

With everything else mentioned, I'm pretty confident there will be more DLC.

Weird how they're taking their sweet time with things though. Not even Awakening's DLC took this long (I think), but I suppose they put a lot more effort into Fates's DLC.

Nevermind Apotheosis, aren't we still missing a 5 star difficulty map?

With everything else mentioned, I'm pretty confident there will be more DLC.

Weird how they're taking their sweet time with things though. Not even Awakening's DLC took this long (I think), but I suppose they put a lot more effort into Fates's DLC.

Awakening's DLC had a lot of "the same map three times with different units" which is probably a fraction of the work.

It also makes no sense to design a difficulty rating system out of 5 stars, and release DLC that only goes up to 4 stars. There are also all of those skill items that are not available yet (and i would expect to be able to get infinate paragon, but we cant yet). we also can't get a bond emblem yet

There is also that unused reward list (which includes copes of everything we can't obtain yet, plus the drain skills, the balistician/witch reclass items, a few boots and divine dragon herbs, and a bond seal): http://serenesforest.net/2015/09/13/fates-lingering-mysteries/

Edited by sirmola

Still waiting for my bride outfit

I wonder when the remaining two DLC maps will arrive. Lots of dialogue in it so I would assume they come out on the same day so maybe the 23rd, but that might be pushing it.

Hopefully it's not the end. No 5-star map yet. I loved the Lote's shield so maybe it might be an option. The one DLC map I would love is a christmas themed one since the Nohr one looks like Halloween.

I'd be pretty miffed if this was all the DLC since they released a bunch of stuff to power up your characters and no maps to actually use any of your own goddamn characters on. Basically all the higher-difficulty maps are fixed character maps, so there's effectively no point to the rewards on an aspirational level. Stuff like Point Blank and Bold Stance would imply building toward an Apotheosis-style map to use them on, but we don't even have Bold Stance yet let alone hints of such a map.

I guess wait a little more and see what's announced for JP, if anything.

Awakening's DLC had a lot of "the same map three times with different units" which is probably a fraction of the work.

It also makes no sense to design a difficulty rating system out of 5 stars, and release DLC that only goes up to 4 stars. There are also all of those skill items that are not available yet (and i would expect to be able to get infinate paragon, but we cant yet). we also can't get a bond emblem yet

There is also that unused reward list (which includes copes of everything we can't obtain yet, plus the drain skills, the balistician/witch reclass items, a few boots and divine dragon herbs, and a bond seal): http://serenesforest.net/2015/09/13/fates-lingering-mysteries/

Exactly my point ^^

Although I have a bad feeling the unused reward list was a scrapped idea, considering we ended up getting the -Taker skills and Ballistician/Witch via other methods.

Not sure if it's related, but I think the Bond Emblem got renamed to Master Emblem in the English version. So maybe that's the reward for Fates's hypothetical Apotheosis map?

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not more DLC will be made/released. I think it WILL be, if Fates turns out successful in the west. Take Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for exampe. The game was released in Japan like three (I think?) years ago and came out at the start of this year and the last DLC for it came out around two months later, so I guess we'll just have to be patient.

I also hope for harder maps where I can use my own characters on.

one week plus passed since last dlc...

^ and no bond festival dlc to be found...

Also, the japan map pack 1 ended w/ the two-part hidden truths map, while japan's map pack 2 started w/ vanguard's trial and ended w/ witch's trial...

^ meaning japan's map pack 3 is the childrens' arc, and doesn't end in a fates version of Apothesis... And FYI, Festival of Bonds contains unlimited versions of the class change items obtained in "Before awakening"(in "Before awakening", they are limited to one per save file... :( )

^ Unless they release them next week or so, I assume the US is done w/ fates dlc, and that the bond festival dlc maps are japan-only just like Cipher... :(

Edited by shadowjam

one week plus passed since last dlc...

^ and no bond festival dlc to be found...

Also, the japan map pack 1 ended w/ the two-part hidden truths map, while japan's map pack 2 started w/ vanguard's trial and ended w/ witch's trial...

^ meaning japan's map pack 3 is the childrens' arc, and doesn't end in a fates version of Apothesis... And FYI, Festival of Bonds contains unlimited versions of the class change items obtained in "Before awakening"(in "Before awakening", they are limited to one per save file... :( )

^ Unless they release them next week or so, I assume the US is done w/ fates dlc, and that the bond festival dlc maps are japan-only just like Cipher... :(

You are aware of the immense amount of dialogue they have to translate? Do you honestly think they could released them a week after Heirs of Fates?

You are aware of the immense amount of dialogue they have to translate? Do you honestly think they could released them a week after Heirs of Fates?

I am aware.

Hence, "unless they release them(festival of bonds dlcs) next week or so..."... Nothing stays in japan until Nintendo/IS says it is staying, if Nintendo/IS says it is staying...

^ That's why I'm not upset that it's not released this week... The amount of content to be translated... I'm ok w/ a week of no dlc newcomers to America... But I will be upset if they announce that they are scrapping the dlc altogether... I'm not worried, however... Give them time to translate. The dlc is still a go, even if we have to wait at least a week longer...

Edited by shadowjam

they released all dlc for awakening even those with much dialogue

why not this time?

Maybe they're waiting the end of heirs of fates in EU

The Festivals and Heir of Fates DLC released in Japan last March, while America was still getting staggered releases of maps from pack 1 and well before FE Fates arrived to Europe. And once again, there's so much dialogue to localize. Seriously, be patient.

The Fates's festival DLC has more than twice dialogue content than of Awakening's festival DLC.

I wouldn't be surprised that that's the case. Awakening's character cast size is 51 (counting both genders of Robin and Morgan) while Fates' cast size is 71 (counting both genders of Corrin and Kana).

Before looking at apotheosis (with all maxed stats), they haven't even started releasing DLCs for characters with stats above final chapter level, something that Awakening did for a while before Apotheosis itself.

I think there's a chance they left that kind of map for the upcoming mobile game, if it's anything like mainline Fire Emblem, and so cut the plans from Fates, but it's just pure speculation.

Only the first "season" of Awakening DLC reused maps though, and Fates DLC has its own share of reused maps too (like the two royal battle DLCs and the children DLC)

Edited by NeonZ