Twitch Plays PokéMafia [Game Over, now with Postgame]

Elieson

Ken: If you're town, never lie about your actions. That is the way to confuse town and let mistakes happen. It is not good play. If you don't trust someone, don't tell them, but don't lie.

I will have to pass on that.

Lies are needed, and I will use them at my will. In OC, you have to make people think you trust them anyway you can, even if you don't. And I had a safe switch in case I died, explaining everything (never got to use it anyways) on Regret and DragonFlare.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's the main problem besides the keck of activity that I can see. Tien should never lie about their actions. If you don't trust town leader, fine. But if you already have claimed to them, lying about your action does nothing but cause confusion and rifts. Almost no one in town that lived past day 2 played well from what I saw.

I guess it's easier to judge when you have no accountabilty for your actions and only your fate depends on your choices :P:

I did what I had to do, and went to the moon and back trying to move the Town towards lynching Gaius and Kirsche. And so did Team Idle :3:

1). What could I have improved on? Obvious mistakes are trusting SB and not initially communicating well with Ken (and just ignoring Marth after the guilty which was kind of dickish), but what else?

2). How to find trustworthy people, I have trust issues and I'm convinced that the only reason I win EiMM games is because people don't hate me?

3). How do I play OC early game? I'm definitely going to claim to a scum TL one of these days just because nothing is getting done

4). Not an improvement for me personally but I feel like town is fucked unless 1) it has a good TL and backup or 2) the rest of town is actually playing the game. This seems like kind of an issue considering hosts hate TLs and town is never going to do the second. How to overcome this???

5). I get why OC is inherently town sided but I feel like being scum is a lot easier in OC. True/false?

going off experience with basically 1 TL game but it was a clean sweep so i guess this works

1) don't overthink things, if an answer seems obvious its probably right

2) try and keep all of your important cards close to your chest unless its essentially guaranteed a person is town. form associative reads without flips to keep in mind for later on (eg me working out paper and shinori weren't buddies in badass 2) and overall don't beat yourself up for misreading people because it happens but if you can avoid it you shouldn't put yourself in a situation where you can be backstabbed without any other choice

3) idfk. i want to just play noc d1 in the next oc game and then go from there

4) this is a flaw of oc because scum can lurk hard if they have good fakes. pressure lurkers hard and don't let them get away with things. this applies for noc too.

5) overall true but i think this is down to context

Yeah, I clearly need advice on how to play OC games because self improve the isn't working. The only times I've enjoyed OC games were when I was either mafia or anything but TL, yet I somehow keep on getting TL roles anyways. Might as well learn how to play it better, so here are some questions.

1). What could I have improved on? Obvious mistakes are trusting SB and not initially communicating well with Ken (and just ignoring Marth after the guilty which was kind of dickish), but what else?

2). How to find trustworthy people, I have trust issues and I'm convinced that the only reason I win EiMM games is because people don't hate me?

3). How do I play OC early game? I'm definitely going to claim to a scum TL one of these days just because nothing is getting done

4). Not an improvement for me personally but I feel like town is fucked unless 1) it has a good TL and backup or 2) the rest of town is actually playing the game. This seems like kind of an issue considering hosts hate TLs and town is never going to do the second. How to overcome this???

5). I get why OC is inherently town sided but I feel like being scum is a lot easier in OC. True/false?

1. I definitely got the feeling you didn't talk to people much. I don't recall what all I told you or what, but I do recall considering checking kirsche to you and I feel like this should've factored into whether you trust SB (I had originally given kirsche a choice between checking you and SB before you claimed, and he intended to target you, and I made him switch once you claimed, and I had slight feelings of SB/kirsche scumteam from that but this wasn't something I told you which was probably my bad). You really should have talked to Marth, stonewalling people on reasons for lynch contributes a lot to the problems you discussed in 4.

OC is like NOC, think about why people are doing things. One of the big things that bugged me is after Marth flipped, your slot seemed to just accept that Marth targeted me with a Track without wondering why he would do that (I think Blitz is more guilty here though, and this is because he overthinks things and doesn't consider simplest solution sometimes)

2. Can't really give advice here because for me it's sort of a gut feeling. As town leader it's easier because you have people's roles and people feel more open with you, so I had trusted you/Marth/Ken/Toren, and you all had the common theme of limited use roles which strengthened that feeling

3. talk to everyone about stuff, thoughts on what is going on etc.

4. Yeah it's hard, but if people don't try there's not much an individual can do. Team gaym

5. True, mostly because of reasons mentioned in 4 that people are idlers

why should people trust you (especially in the future when you have a role that isn't obvious town) if they know you're going to lie to them

why should people trust you (especially in the future when you have a role that isn't obvious town) if they know you're going to lie to them

You don't have to!

But you can pretend you do, which is what I did with you anywyas :Kappa:

Also, wow.

Looking at my posts I now realize I look salty as fuck, lol

I guess it's easier to judge when you have no accountabilty for your actions and only your fate depends on your choices :P:

I did what I had to do, and went to the moon and back trying to move the Town towards lynching Gaius and Kirsche. And so did Team Idle :3:

It's almost like I played mafia for ages and was pretty good at it when I did...

Lying about your actions to the town leader when you're town is never a good idea. If you don't trust them, don't tell them anything. You lying about stuff helped cause a split in town, which caused a mislynch, and resulted in you getting vigged. How exactly did that benefit town?

Peace :<3:

In response to this:

What can I say.

I was alone, the only one who actively tried to dig stuff out.

And now, an explanation.

Day 1 happened and I think we can all agree that Nexus Lynch is the best of the worst results for that kind of situation.

By Night 1 I had reached out to 3/4 of the players.

You were active in trying to figure stuff out, but you could've been more vocal about your findings. If you find something scummy, out it, publically if need be. If you had died on N1, mysteries might exist that could've never been solved.

Also yes, I feel like the D1 lynch was fine based on policy. It's a risky role to work with and when nothing conclusive exists, Passives/Swingy roles are often worth the push.

Day 2 was were things started to go down. Paperblade death left the town just as I had predicted: Rellying on a substitute leader that was clearly not ready for the job.

I also got a strange message, and how I handled it was both a mistake, and somewhat of a win.

-I thought that my role was actually used. Refa came to me asking me what was my "result on JB" even though I never told Paper that I was gonna cop anyone. Since I had a pretty solid Town read on him, I said he was Town, effectively "clearing" an actual Townie. Why didn't JB used that to his advantage is not of my concern.

-Having claimed that my one shot was used, I also realized that Mafia would now handle the possibilty of me becoming vainillized. Even better.

-Also brought to the table the chance of an unknown role messing with roles. Obviously I made it up, but is funny to think I actually predicted Twitch :P:

This was a weird one. You went about this in a way that was pretty much the worst way to handle it, primarily because you towncleared somebody and you shouldn't have (what if you were asked to scan Kirsche and came up with the same thing, clearing him?). Idling on the scan and sending mixed information to the town is half of what started spec against you, because without an established leader, people who were comfortable sharing bits and pieces of info had come across results and things that just seemed inconsistent (Mostly, from Leader to Leader). Why didn't you ever out the strange results -at the time- btw? You never shared that with me that I recall...

Continuing, JB didn't really act on it because he had nothing to gain from it (not being scum, of course). If he had trounced around, you would've obviously done something about it.

Was all of this brought up in OC? I don't remember seeing it...though I had sooo much OC to read through. I very well may have missed it

The Lynch on Marth was when I knew the game was over. Even with numerical advantage, the Town was asleep. Only me, Dragonflare and Regret saw what was going on. We were the Town last stand, and we lost anyways.

Day 3 saw the death of JB, solidifying my position as "clearly a cop" yet for whatever reason, MsBunch fell for the most obvious of baits. The lynch on Regret was not needed when Occam's Razor said "KILL FUCKING GAIUS!" Go figure.

The lynch on Marth v/ Lord Gaius was basically a 1-v-1 that in all honesty, wasn't that unjustified. LG claimed investigative in thread, and voted Marth. There was obviously something going on there. After the town flip, discussion should've occurred debating why LG is or is not scum after the town flip. There could've been a bit, and TBH kirsche was the one I saw talking about this the most (who of course, had reasons to defend LG). JB's death was anticipated after you "Cleared" him, which implied that you probably weren't mafia without the utmost of WIFOM cases...which could've theoretically been presented but well we saw how that happened. The second 1-v-1 with LG and Regret shouldn't have happened though, as lynching LG would have allowed town to in theory, follow up with a lynch on Regret. It was tough to interpret though because lynching investigation roles is sometimes difficult to swallow.

On my 8 results after copping Refa, having 8 results was so disheartening to me. I felt frustrated, bored and over it. It was unfair as fuck, so I just decided to go for my gut. He was an arsonist, so he would have to be a third party. It would also explain (in my head) why he appeared to take so many wrong decisions, plus it would explain why he was like "IDGAF" when I tried to talk to him, until I threatened to cop him.

Still don't know why you didn't share this, as if you felt you were getting bogus info, you outting it could have offered clarity to the rest of town, helping solidify your innocence after conflicting information from D1 happened re: JB's alignment.

To the Mafia, congratulations. You straight out outplayed us, and that was it. Well done!

To TEAM IDLE, the bestest of teamz! I really hope we get to play again. It was really fun and it was actually nice to see there were people that saw what I saw. Love you guys :3:

To the rest of the town, a good hand shake and an advice: A Sleepy Town, is a Dead Town.

To Twitch, I envy your role so much.

Mafia did well. SB blended in finely, and LG's gambits paid off because they took advantage of town's distress. Kirsche walked the line just long enough to dodge lynches when better options came up.

TEAM IDLE...god so many idles. You OC'd hard though. You and Dragonflare and Bunch and Regret OC'd really hard and I was happy to see the involvement from you all.

scorri messed with everything, in typical Twitch fashion. I think she got a bigger kick out of her role rather than her Wincon, which offered me a solid chuckle.

To Elieson... Man. I can see the effort that went into this. The planning, the care, you put part of your timme and soul into this, and the result was an amazing puzzle.

But ungortunately, the greatest puzzles are not always the best Mafia games. One has to balance till which point will the flavour affect the gameplay, and while I respect your decision of Flavour>Gameplay, I have to say that I didn't have fun in this Mafia. And that's the very first time it has happen.

Having an allmight God messing with your results at will with no control is not fun. Not being able to OC in an OC game is not fun. Having a Town with 2 couriers in an OC game is not fun

Being a one shot Cop and a miller, was not fun.

All in all, I have to say it was a fantastic puzzle, but a terrible Mafia game.

I now unserstand the "Eliegames" memes. But man, I really think you shoukd at least warn people on how bastard the game will be.

I'll play again, for sure. But I'll ask before hand.

WHICH LEADS ME TO :POSTGAME:

..::Postgame (The Setup)::..

Game Conceptualization

Obviously, the game was themed on the legend of the Twitch Plays series. I had to start from the beginning, and I started by taking the most known characters and threw them in a pot...15. Originally, I had also included Twitch as a standard role, and The Dome Fossil. I scrapped the latter, figuring a safe Fake-Claim would be too difficult for mafia to work with, and Twitch became ITP because it didn't match up with everyone else being Pokemon. All that being said, I threw the setup out as 10:3 and was set to call it a day.

Even more originally, was the intent to include a Limited OC (2 outgoing messages per player per phase) as well as a Democracy/Anarchy system that would be initiated during Day 2, but I scrapped that due to the fear of it being too Complex. The idea was to have the game begin in Anarchy and be L.OC, and offer up a secondary daily vote to allow for Democracy to be hammered, which if hammered, would allow full OC, but reduce Day Phase time to 24 hours instead of 72. Like I said above, I scrapped it for being too "conceptual", but it's a system that I think I'd like to include in the future, if I decide to re-visit the TPP series with a followup game. I made it strictly OC to compensate.

Ultimately, I realized OC setups are inherently townsided, usually, just because of how the setup is. I changed the numbers from 10:3 to 9:3:1, removing town'snot-fitting Twitch role and making it into an ITP that would be able to function on its own. This, of course would make things a bit swingy, so I figured that I would try basing the role on something I'd seen in the past, during a game called Mystery Mafia (I think), which while I didn't play in, remembered being a hoot. Anywho, the idea was that there was a Phase Namer which was also a Cult or something, and I figured since Cults are dumb, I'd just include the Phase Namer. I gave it a wincon of being "Make the game into LYLO", and the idea came to me to have it be a role that also sends out bogus information, as it renaming the phases strikes confusion, and confusion is sort of the theme of the game anyway. This slot would not really have the power to end a faction, because she was hostile to both sides and at the same time had to try to mitigate casualties to extend the game's playtime through careful manipulation.

Of course, this left the Town and the Mafia to figure out Alignment and Roles for. I threw the primary 13 slots into Random.Org and had the final 3 come up as Mafia (which happened to be Battery Jesus, Jay Leno and Rick Gastly). After that, Roles needed to be built.

My idea for Roles came from the concept of mistrust. In OC games (in games that I've been in, for instance), Town can take a little effort and get very very far with it. The idea of some role inspiration came from the core of being beaten out in Fakeclaim and CYOUR mafias simultaneously, as the SK in both. I went for Town's roles first, figuring I could build mafia off of it. Immediately, my mind jumped to duplicates.

• I put in two Millers and two Couriers, anticipating that town would have difficulty just going down the usual "turbo a town leader and stomp the game after Day 2" strategy, since people would likely shout information out and cause a conundrum almost immediately regarding Dupes. Couriers are slightly functional Vanillas, and Millers basically are Vanillas, but they all had something to claim, which give town something to hopefully discuss immediately into the game, taking advantage of the fact that you can indeed post things in-thread during OC games.
  • A Nexus, while also being a powerful asset to town, existing as negative utility, would definitely spark discussion, and have to be worthwhile to keep around before facing the possibility of a policy lynch. It was supposed to be a counter to the yet-to-be-designed Mafia roles, as they could get really flubbed information if they targeted the Nexus, and that helps mafia not.
  • I couldn't include any flat out standard roles due to things already being strange with two duplicates and a negative utility standing out as controversial topics, so I included town's Vig in the form of a Lightning Rod & Arsonist combination. The idea behind the Arsonist comes from my Duelist Kingdom Mafia game, in which Mitsuki took the Town Arsonist role and used it very well to apply pressure under the guise of a mock-StrongWilled Shot. The Lightning Rod was for the power to take a bean after becoming essentially vanilla, or to try to early on act on the gambit that protection exists and draw in the shot early on. I kind of expected this role to go after the Town Leader slot, with the ability to apply excellent pressure and also basically ensure that it wouldn't die, as long as protection hadn't been lynched yet. One-shots of course, because any more is ludicrous.
  • Protection, then, came in the form of a Bodyguard. A single night of death prevention hits mafia below the belt, hard. Skewing their kills is less effective but doesn't lop-side the game that hard for Mafia, early on especially.
  • Secondary Protection came in as a Jailkeeper, because it synced well and is a pretty powerful role, able to drive info (preventing a kill) or just protect (hitting a Courier leader without impacting the rest of the game).
  • Lastly came the Commuter, who I kind of threw in as an extra role because I wanted to include a third protective-type role but couldn't think of one that would really handle it well. Ultimately, I merged this with one of the Millers, giving it a reason to potentially get around being auto-Killed after a quick claim, and to also give it a bit of influence on the game itself.
  • With these done, the JailKeeper doesn't give solid info on its own, so I added a Tracker, but nerfed it to Two-Shots, to keep it in theme of the rest of the game's X-shot Power roles.
  • The last Town Role existed to punish killers for being "killers", and to allow testing of claims and threats for leaders to actually exist. If town did go traditional Leader-route, this role would've been designed for it, as a Bomb is a fantastic leader role, since it threatens mafia both by info and role, but since this bomb doesn't kill, mafia would have no way of knowing that.

This brought me to Mafia, and I started from the bottom, up, based on what existed for Town.

• Since the Bomb!Leader was a realistic possibility, I didn't give mafia the typical "Scum Rolecop" that they normally get. I instead gave mafia the original idea of a Watcher and Tracker, but wanted to modify them to make them clever and interesting . I ended up with a lot of thoughts on what to give mafia, and ended up merging a bunch of it with other modifiers and roles to make it all seem like if one scum died early on, it wouldn't cause the game to go to shit.
    • First, scum's basic Info role, the Watcher. Getting back to the "prevent the team from getting sandbagged" idea, I gave the Watcher modifiers that would give him One-Shots of various other roles, to mitigate the loss of his team, as well as a Day-Vig to really help catch things back up. This was the backbone role for the Mafia, as it held most of its basic modifiers but could always score useful information. I ended up nerfing it's communication abilities to balance it out. In hindsight, this was a bad idea. I thought that the nerf to OC would make this role come across as a "Powerful but Tricky-to-use Info Role", and that it'd work well as a safeclaim to Town, should info on it get out into the open somehow.
    • In the event that the Watcher + Mods role died, Mafia needed another staple Info-role, but one that could also Blend in. I gave this to the Tracker, that could disguise his Track under the guise of making people into Announcers. It was a new idea that I hadn't tried ever before, but thought it would allow an easy method of blending in to the rest of the game. I gave him a standard Hook, and bumped his track to Day-based with the Announcer-enable, to make him feel like he could either claim A or B and still be able to score factional benefits either way. It's not a role I regret building
    • The final scum role, I wanted to feature some Vote-based modifiers. A simple Persuade is powerful in the right hands, since it can, IMO, help mafia drive out information publically from town. People being persuaded tend to share a lot more information, and I expected that to be put to use. While it kinda clears some people up as far as townies, it could be used both ways and help WIFOM scum into a safer position should the need arise. The Priest modifier existed because I mainly wanted to give it another reason to blend in with a Vote-altering role physically evident through the Persuasion. This kinda sucked, and I ended up throwing the Restless Spirit on top of it all, with a delayed flip, to encourage a good way for mafia to Mole into the Town Leader slot without really worrying about sacrificing too much. I mean, they'd already be dying. If they could score additional info from the rest of the game before their time "runs out", why not give them the opportunity.

In all, this game would feature a method for a traditional Town Leader to try to come out and operate, but it would also throw a wrench into a Town Leader's functionality, when he finds duplicate claims and a bunch of roles that are generally not too useful to work with. I guess you could say I designed the setup in a way to punish the traditional Town Leader concept and encourage scumhunting through standard practices rather than keeping various doors shut and discouraging late-game socialization, because when you get right down to it, that's how things go in the aforementioned kinds of games. Late game, the TL coordinates things and people speak up or shut up depending on the ferocity of the town leader(s). Power Roles run the show and the rest of the game just kinda sits and watches and takes commands, hoping to spot a slip. That sucks unless you're fortunate enough to have a role valuable enough to work into the setup, and what sucks about it even more is that if you do have a OC-appropriate role that gets you into the "in", you've got a huge target painted on your head for scum bullets.

Finally, would come Da Rules.

Hammer is standard around here. 72/24 would be as well. I included a few rules, which I thought people might analyze after a while, including Rule 7 and Rule 10. Other than that, everything's standard.

Helix vs Domes with a wildcard manipulator seemed simple enough, and Roles built to encourage a variety of methods of play with a random "Results" generator didn't seem like too bad of an idea in conceptualization. Once things started not making sense, people would have to work to figure out what was real and what wasn't, in terms of results. If something didn't seem right, the hopes were that communication would occur publically and that the Twitch would be assumed to exist on Maf-side or ITP-side, having players bring back the basics and focus on scumhunting without Role-heavy Results driving forth their playstyles.

And I just got D1 lynched. *sighs* Maybe another time, I'll be useful.

I suggest updating your avatar. It helps Refa live longer!

Nah mate, I did not cause any split.

See, that's the real issue here. Had the Town been half awake, they could have easily called me out. But I was alone with Team Idle. I was 100% honest with'em, but since the Town Leader was actively fucking the Town up, what did you expect? I copped him to see if he was to be trusted with truth. Too bad Twitch decided that info was not needed, right?

I don't understand how being "honest" could have worked out, when everysingle bit of info I gave privately appeared to have been magically spread among every player. So yeah, I spread missinformation to the people once Team Idle was formed to make sure the Mafia had no idea what the fuck was going on with me or Team Idle. Town getting that fake info was irrelevant, seeing how they were too busy doing absolutely nothing or falling for baits.

Generally, I was treated by both Mafia and Town as "an overthinker", that I was too loud or too eager to know the ins and outs, putting people out of their comfort zone. And that's whjat I do, people. I'm a barker, not a biter. I can go and create reactions, but I have no idea how to handle them. Someone else, with a bigger brain than me has to do it, that's called Teamwork. And this game, there was none of that on the Town.

2). How to find trustworthy people

Hi Refa I'm here!

From my point of view in this game it seemed like town was in a chaotic state. There are several things that need to be done to solve this but I suggest that having a common means of communication is required for all players (Skype, IRC, Discord... whatever you want, just not only PMs). Activity levels in OC should be measured not only knowing how much someone talks with others, but also how available they are for communication.

3) idfk. i want to just play noc d1 in the next oc game and then go from there

This is really important. The fact that you're playing OC doesn't mean that you should not play like you do in NOC, because let's face it, we're bad at OC. So at least until we improve let's think of OC as a resource, not as an entirely different way of doing things.

By the way: Maybe I just haven't been following the game properly, but I'm with Ken here. You shouldn't be censoring a player for critical thinking, even if the critical thinking has lead to bad outcomes this time around. The town leader system was clearly sub-optimal this game and it was up to the players to find a solution for that. There are a lot of reasons why you should or shouldn't lie. I just don't think telling town not to lie because that makes it hard for you to discern the truth is the way to go.

One thing I think was overlooked was that my silence probably helped my side of the Marth case, since people couldn't talk to me themselves all they had was I was investigative and Marth was scum. Also the fact that scum don't usually 1v1 in non LYLO/MYLO situations was another plus in my favor.

Meanwhile I still think there should have been a discussion about the Marth lynch.

There was lots of time left to do so and yet, everyone just seemed to go along with it.

Can we just stop for a moment to aknowledge that first-time-player Dragonflare did amazing in such a chaotic situation?

..::Postgame Player Analysis::..

Feel free to debate what I said, and justify your stances. As a general overseer of OC, these are my interpretations based on what I saw happen through the game as well as in Private. You all have logs, so if you feel like you need to post anything in particular to hold a stance, please do so.

[spoiler=acidphoenix]

Alignment: Town

Role: Miller & 1x Commuter

Play Analysis: Kept to herself a lot, but was active enough to avoid general suspicion beyond bullshit fearmongering on her being Eevee [Flareon]. If anything, I'd just suggest that you speak up more and bug others harder / more frequently.

[spoiler=Darrman]

Role: Nexus on Non-Killing Actions

Play Analysis: Bad luck with the claim and policy lynching sucks, but you played right for when you were around. Get more involved with OC (iRC, Skype and Discord are now Browser-usable, so you don't need to download anything) to use them, and they involve groups better & in Real Time, so you can be more strategic with your claims etc.

[spoiler=Regret/Toren/Daiya]

Role: 2x Bodyguard

Play Analysis: Glued to dragonflare7, and I'm not sure why (Noobies unite?) Did well with talking to Dragonflare but didn't really act on any of the [admittedly, good] ideas that they both had. Regret talked a bunch with Refa but never got too far, and an accidental slip up in words (a joke?) caused Blitz to misinterpret you and drive a lynch home. Be a bit more careful about what you say, even in sarcasm, and express your thoughts (with reasons) more vocally and repeatedly, until somebody responds to them.

Also, why didn't you protect Paperblade on N1?

[spoiler=Dragonflare7]

Role: 1x Jailkeeper

Play Analysis: Glued to Regret, and I'm not sure why (Noobies unite?) Did well with talking to Regret but didn't really act on any of the [admittedly, good] ideas that they both had. Kept to themselves a bit too. Be way more vocal about your reads, with everyone if you need to, and in public even. You had good gut reads and if you and Regret talked more to others combined, you both probably could've got kirsche either lynched or very set up for a lynch.

Also, you had "Fake Results" of Kirsche being aligned with the Domes. You talked to i think only Regret about it, but should've expressed it more. For all you knew, that was a fake result from a scum!(something) and they were setting you up. You are inexperienced in Roles though, so I don't blame you for being confused. I just want you to question everything that seems unusual. It's a great way to help town move forward, because you're getting involved really helps your alignment either way.

Probably the best "New" player out of the bunch, IMO. Good reads but a lack of confidence show strong potential, and I'd like to see you stick around and improve.

[spoiler=Ken Masters]

Role: Miller 1x Alignment Cop

Play Analysis: Hoo nelly. Misinterpreted Results and immediately outed "results" go second hand to your "Hot Headed" nature (I've been wanting to use that for a while). Strategic lying has its place in mafia and even as town, but I'm not sure if your choices really worked, because even though you were super active, inconsistencies and grapevine gossip led to town trusting you in an on-and-off way. Scanning Paperblade on N1 could've confirmed him as town for you (especially since you were Miller, the only thing you'd have to worry about speculation about is Godfather), but that actually ties into my main point. You were all over the place, which is actually something I used to be notorious for doing, where I had decent or even correct ideas but I couldn't push them because I overthought just about everything I was doing. You weren't Town Leader and you weren't unanimously recognized as a backup, so kinda playing "Other secret leader" didn't work in your favor because of town's disorganization. I guess if I could suggest one thing, it's to kinda list out all your thoughts in simple bullets, on each player at a time, and try to validate them with a probability based on context of what you're aware of, before pushing for more info and/or passing out information for the rest of the game. I enjoyed your involvement and your enthusiasm, and I just want to see you get better at controlling it.

[spoiler=JBCWK]

Role: Courier

Play Analysis: Played pretty casually and OC'd ok via PM, but got "Cleared" by both the cop and by not looking scummy for any reasons. Rode the town clear in a very optimal way though, like seriously, people usually go nuts over this and JB just kinda kept doing his thing. I can't say much else about JB tbh other than Happy Birthday and welcome back.

[spoiler=Ms. Bunch]

Role: Vengeful Action-Hooking Bomb

Play Analysis: Unexpectedly, had really solid reads, but never pushed them beyond telling a few people in OC that "I think these ppl are scum". Because of not very many explainations, never got viewed as a threat, and was left alone by Mafia killers (which was unfortunate, since you could've rushed Town Leader or presented yourself as a role threat or hunting threat to draw the mafia kill and screw them over). While you're on the right track, be sure to do better in the future about explaining your Whys (Bullet points work wonderfully for this).

[spoiler=Magnificence Incarnate/Marth/Bluedoom]

Role: 2x Tracker

Play Analysis: Got Bad-Luck Turbo'd by Gaius, and lost it all without being able to defend himself. OC'd fine and was probably one of the more decent Town players following Paperbrad, while he was able to. Good early-game reads though (nailed 2/3 scum on first guess).

[spoiler=Paperblade]

Role: Courier

Play Analysis: Figured out how to Town Leader early on, but died because he was Town Leader, and town wasn't coordinated enough to capitalize and/or protect him. I really can't suggest anything for strong Day 1 TL play other than just play like it's NOC on D1 but claim TL and make sure town understands what will validate you as a trustworthy TL for N1/D2 and onward. Strong OC and strong play otherwise.

[spoiler=Refa/Blitz]

Role: 1x Arsonist & 1x Lightning Rod

Play Analysis:

[spoiler=Refa]

Refa was Backup Town Leader after Paperblade's fall, and did the best he could. He seemed uncomfortable, but still engaged in OC pretty regularly and tried to commit actions where he could. If I could suggest one thing, that would be taking a lot more into the thread, including the activity rates of your fellow players. You kept your PRs safe generally, but you not out'ing a lot of basic thoughts to the public helped limit discussion. Subbing out to Blitz was ok, but I wasn't sure if you talked to him much before then, because he seemed misdirected when he came in for you. You had the sheet, but keep a strong list of notes available for you to glimpse at on a moment's notice. It'll help you maintain your reads and/or quit doubting yourself if you're unsure of something, and it'll also help a Sub with a detailed list of info for "whys", rather than just raw unexplained role claims etc.

[spoiler=Blitz]

You made some uncharacteristically basic mistakes, like not pushing the fuck out of Ken Masters, and also not really addressing other scumreads. You also read wayyyyy too hard into Regret's OC, without really giving him an opportunity to defend himself, That, with your vote in a *YLO situation allowed mafia to swoop in and sweep up after town was too confused to think of anything else. Next time you have a scumread through a log, Post the log, Highlight it, and explain why it's a scumread before voting. Town could've knocked you off of your pedestal here and helped you figure out some other options, or at least slowed you down before you voted and vanished.

Ultimately, I think it was due to Subbing in and struggling to catch up into a high-pressure situation (Town Leader) that you played how you did. You were hyper nervous about Ken, and not entirely sure what made scum "scummy", which was unfortunate, because you didn't have much to fall on. I blame the sub-in, because I know you're better than this.

[spoiler=Lord Gaius]

Alignment: Mafia

Role: No OC & Role Earner on Team Deaths (Ninja/1xDayVig/1xStrongStrongWilled) Watcher

Play Analysis: Despite the lack of OC, he found an intelligent way to communicate in-thread, which scored him an early lynch for maf on a townread and powerplayer who simply lacked the ability to defend himself due to timing Gaius played really well in utilizing his role and pushing 1-v-1s wherever he could. The early sac and self-defense logic held up to get him out of a follow-up lynch after Marth took the fall, but should've definitely received more flak afterwards. I'd probably give him Game MVP just for pushing the first 1-v-1, and again for capitalizing on town's disorganization to score a second lynch.

[spoiler=kirsche with rice]

Role: Day Announce Enabler w/ Hidden Track Enabler + Roleblocker

Play Analysis: OC'd hard and initiated enough with the TL to get just schmoozy enough to avoid being scumread #1 for a while, but later looked scummy after his role claim really didn't look or feel like anything Town could realistically have. Intimidated some of the newer faces, by posting thoughts and reads without a lot as far as dedicated explainations. What stood out to me was your defense of Lord Gaius going into D3 but not really explaining why. You kinda talked in OC about possibilities and more or less "townread" the guy, without explaining where the townread was coming from and why out of whichever possibilities existed, you went with X over Y read.

[spoiler=SB.]

Role: Priest + No-Flip Restless Spirit Self-Vote Activator/Deactivator + Persuader

Play Analysis: Played pretty standard and avoided doing a lot. Blending in worked well for SB since other people were constantly in the spotlight. Lurked really really heavily though, and could've easily been pushed.

[spoiler=scorri]

Alignment: ITP

Role: Hidden Miller Manipulator (Aware Results Distributor + Phase Namer)

Play Analysis: Played well, caused mischief and named the days in mostly fitting ways. Somehow got Refa to hook her up with the Town Sheet, which gave her all the info she needed to screw with the game in every way. Probably helped mafia out way more because town took her results a bit more seriously than they should've, but nobody could've predicted that.

Edited by Elieson

tl;dr

Town MVP: I'll let the game decide

Scum MVP: Lord Gaius

Best Newcomer: Dragonflare7

Play of the Game: Gaius getting out of two 1-v-1 situations with a handicap, and taking down town's lead Info role in the process

What I suggest you do, as players: Open up your respective spoiler and read my thoughts on your play

Edited by Elieson

What stood out to me was your defense of Lord Gaius going into D3 but not really explaining why. You kinda talked in OC about possibilities and more or less "townread" the guy, without explaining where the townread was coming from and why out of whichever possibilities existed, you went with X over Y read.

?????

I didn't defend Gaius going into D3? I was the one who thought he was auto scum amongst the scum team.

Also I'm pretty sure I explained all the townreads I had? Could you give an example?