Could Forrest be a transgender lesbian?

The game makes it clear that Forrest's interested in girls, but one thing I noticed about his supports with his father is at one point he says the reason he likes dresses and cute accessories is because it makes him feel like a beautiful princess. This make me wonder if he might be a transgender lesbian.

No. He states in his support with Soleil that he's male when she confuses him with a woman, so I don't think he identifies as a female.

EDIT: In the Jap version. It's different in the NA/EU version.

Edited by Phillius

The whole point of Forrest's character is that he is a guy who likes to wear feminine clothing.

All he wants is to wear clothes he likes, and he doesn't believe his gender shouldn't affect what clothes he wants to wear. As it shouldn't.

Is there really a problem for a man to wear the clothes he likes?

Edited by Water Mage

Hey man, headcanons are a beautiful thing so if that's how you feel, rock that headcanon. The possibilities are endless. Personally, I just see him as a guy who likes feminine things including dressing up femininely because in a few of his supports, specifically with Soleil, he'll constantly correct her that he's a boy and not a girl.

But hey, even then, there's no one stopping you from having that sort of headcanon.

It would be a very out there headcanon.

there is no basis for it in-game. He states in multiple supports that he thinks of himself as male, and that he shouldn't be restricted in his clothing choices just because of his gender.

Frankly I find your line of thinking to be kind of problematic. So guys can't enjoy wearing dresses and looking pretty? They absolutely have to be girls?

Sorry if this sounds mean, but I have encountered too many people insisting that Foleo has to be a transgender girl, even though it directly refutes canon. You are free to have it as a headcanon, but it can only be that. A headcanon.

Forrest just doesn't conform to the gender norms of men. It's that simple. He's a red blooded Nohrian man who eats wyvern steaks and believes in (dragon) God and country.

He just a prefers to do it in adorably feminine clothing.

Edited by kcirrot

Frankly I find your line of thinking to be kind of problematic. So guys can't enjoy wearing dresses and looking pretty? They absolutely have to be girls?

This!

Clothing doesn't have a gender.

We (rightly) don't tend to call women who enjoy wearing pants and other clothes commonly worn by men, men.

I saw this one girl claiming that Forrest is a transgender girl and when people pointed out to her that he uses male pronouns, she claimed that the only reason he uses those is because he's afraid of being made of for being trans...

Anyway, yeah, Forrest is a boy, as already said several times

he has a penis so he is a man, there is literally nothing wrong with wearing girly clothing.

As I said, I agree that there is nothing wrong with men, including Forrest, wearing girly clothes. However, some girls actually do have penises. You know, transgender girls..

Anyways, the way I see it is a guy who happens to like cosplaying as a girl...so yeah.

He's not cosplaying as anything. He's simply wearing the clothes he wants to wear.

Forrest is very bohemian, but that's because the game is trying to be progressive, which is always a good thing if done right. I think that out of all the Conquest parents, Leo is the one that really shows his ass as a parent. All the others have good reasons for locking their children away in Deeprealms, and some of them don't even have damaged relationships with their parents. Leo, on the other hand, is an intolerant asshole that almost got Forrest killed because he hated his fashion sense.

Forrest is very bohemian, but that's because the game is trying to be progressive, which is always a good thing if done right. I think that out of all the Conquest parents, Leo is the one that really shows his ass as a parent. All the others have good reasons for locking their children away in Deeprealms, and some of them don't even have damaged relationships with their parents. Leo, on the other hand, is an intolerant asshole that almost got Forrest killed because he hated his fashion sense.

I agree that Leon's actions towards Forrest are pretty abhorrent, and he doesn't deserve any father of the year awards. However, it is never stated (at least in the japanese version) that Forrest fashion sense was the reason he was sent to the deeprealms. Babies don't have fashion senses.

And well, Leo's treatment of Forrest derives from his own issues with shame and social appearances. Leo also hides his own crush on his older sister and absolutely freaks when his clothes are inside out. Forrest expresses himself while Leo prefers to hide, which is why Leo is so harsh towards him. Is it right to treat a child like that? Obviously not, but very human and in line with Leo's characterization.

To be fair, Leo does apologize, and tries to mend his relationship with Forrest. There are many real life parents who never do that.

Also, it might be somewhat personal for him.

Leo is a very self-conscious person, always worried about what others think of him, and there's Forrest, someone who is often mocked for his appearence and is judged by a lot of people, and yet, despite all his hardwhips, it's clear that Forrest is someone with high self-esteem and who is very comfortable with himself. Forrest takes pride in who he is.

That might be a sore spot for Leo.

Actually it's rather interesting, both Leo and Takumi has issues with themselves, are very self-conscious and both aren't very good with people, but their kids are the opposite. Both Forrest and Kiragi are very comfortable with themselves, they don't let what others think of them affect their way of life, and both are very friendly and social.

It's all quite interesting.

Edited by Water Mage

I agree that Leon's actions towards Forrest are pretty abhorrent, and he doesn't deserve any father of the year awards. However, it is never stated (at least in the japanese version) that Forrest fashion sense was the reason he was sent to the deeprealms. Babies don't have fashion senses.

And well, Leo's treatment of Forrest derives from his own issues with shame and social appearances. Leo also hides his own crush on his older sister and absolutely freaks when his clothes are inside out. Forrest expresses himself while Leo prefers to hide, which is why Leo is so harsh towards him. Is it right to treat a child like that? Obviously not, but very human and in line with Leo's characterization.

All of the Conquest children have a disconnect with their parent in some way. Forrest is just the one who stands out the most.

He states in his support with the avatar that he identifies himself as a heterosexual male (romantically interested in only girls).

He's just very indiscriminate with his clothing choices and/or clearly favors feminine clothing.

In Japan is socially acceptable to dress up as the other sex without being trans (even though if you are trans you aren't dressing up as the other sex, but you got the idea)

No? He's a guy who wears feminine clothing because it's how he wants to dress and how he likes to dress. Does he have to be a girl?

All of the Conquest children have a disconnect with their parent in some way. Forrest is just the one who stands out the most.

Tbh that would go to Nina. She really doesn't like papa.