Fire Emblem Cipher Utils

gumbyscout

Fire Emblem Cipher Utils is a desktop application in active development for viewing and managing Fire Emblem Cipher cards.

Current Features:

• Robust searching of cards with English translations
  • Make decks of cards and print out cheat sheets or even share decks with others
  • Track your collection of cipher cards
  • Ability to update card database with a press of a button
  • App automatically updates itself (Windows Only)

Most of the information in the app itself, was sourced from the wonderful TCG section of the Serenes Forrest's Wiki.

You can find the download links here on its github page.

Current version: 0.9.7 beta

If you are looking for the starter/structure decks to import into the app, they are located here.

If you have any suggestions or issues, feel free to voice them here, or on the issues tab on the app's github.

NOTE: I currently don't own a code signing certificate, so windows may ask to confirm install software from an unknown publisher or a virus scanning app may mark it as a false positive.

Thanks to my friend ZaFwamingDwagon for helping me with QA and coming up with new features!

Some screenshots:
CardSearch.jpg

CardDetail.jpg

CheatSheetSnagit.jpg

Edited by gumbyscout

Woah this is really neat! Thanks for making it :^_^:

(sadly I can't download on my laptop yet because it's a piece of crap, but I'll look forward to this in the future lol.)

Woah this is really neat! Thanks for making it :^_^:

(sadly I can't download on my laptop yet because it's a piece of crap, but I'll look forward to this in the future lol.)

What keeps you from using it? Do you have a like a 32bit windows install or something?

My laptop just runs chrome os, I'm buying a windows laptop soon (since it's cheap-ish).

While a chrome app version isn't 100% impossible, currently my app is too bound to a desktop environment to allow for non-desktop versions just yet :p. I'll try to keep a chrome app version in mind if/when I branch off to other platforms.

Edited by gumbyscout

btw, I'm that friend OP is talking about.

At this stage of the development process, I will be looking at feedback from you all on the application, and gumbyscout and I will discuss them. Any feedback is appreciated! Do you hate it? Do you love it? Do you have suggestions on how to improve it? Voice them! This is the Internet. It's like, amazing like that.

The only issue I have is adding cards to the collection from scratch is kinda tedious, there were also some cards assigned to the wrong set that I noticed as a result of trying to import the collection there (not at my home pc or I'd provide a list). (edit, of if there was a faster way to manage that collection it wasn't obvious at first).

Other than the utility is great, and much appreciated.

Edited by Draxal

It looks amazing!! I have a question though. How do I run it? I downloaded it from your Github Repository, and extracted the zip, but whenever I open the index.html file, only the blue background with the logo appears :(

Please help!!

Edited by BlueHorizon186

It looks amazing!! I have a question though. How do I run it? I downloaded it from your Github Repository, and extracted the zip, but whenever I open the index.html file, only the blue background with the logo appears :(

Please help!!

Look under the releases tab, and you can find the windows installer.

The only issue I have is adding cards to the collection from scratch is kinda tedious, there were also some cards assigned to the wrong set that I noticed as a result of trying to import the collection there (not at my home pc or I'd provide a list). (edit, of if there was a faster way to manage that collection it wasn't obvious at first).

Other than the utility is great, and much appreciated.

gumbyscout and I can discuss to see if we can improve this experience.

As far as the card errors go, please PM me the cards you notice issues with. They are most likely missed DB issues and I can try to rectify them on our remote database.

Thanks for the support so far, everyone!

gumbyscout and I can discuss to see if we can improve this experience.

As far as the card errors go, please PM me the cards you notice issues with. They are most likely missed DB issues and I can try to rectify them on our remote database.

Thanks for the support so far, everyone!

The collection feature was just cobbled together last version or so, so I'm still playing the whole thing by ear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've only poked around a little bit. And I have some issues and suggestions I might put on GitHub when I have time later. But I love this!

Thanks! Any suggestions or issues are appreciated.

Edited by gumbyscout

Version 0.8.0 has been released! If you already have the previous version installed on your Windows computers, it should auto update on starting the application! If that doesn't work OR if you do not have a Windows machine, you can find the download links, along with release information here.

A notable update introduced in this feature is the release of a Mac build! You will find the installation files you need on the github page as well.

Known issues:

• Mac scrolling slowdown.
  • Missing B05 cards
  • Missing some PR cards

As always, any feedback, reported issues, or suggestions are appreciated. Happy Friday!

Edited by ZaFwamingDwagon

Beta build v0.9.0 is out. If you are on Mac, you'll have to update manually for the time being; Windows clients should auto update. Also, I finally got around to making a Linux build. Let me know if anyone needs a specific package for their distro.

The change log TL;DR is fixed a few things, and added B05 cards.

• 3 months later...

Been out for 2 weeks now actually :p

That shows how much I've been paying attention to cipher releases, lol. I should have free time this Wednesday, and I'll update the db then. Thanks!

Edited by gumbyscout

That shows how much I've been paying attention to cipher releases, lol. I should have free time this Wednesday, and I'll update the db then. Thanks!

Be sure to message me as per usual. :P

I'm sure I've got quite a fair bit of mistakes.

So I went and rewrote my scraper to try to make it easier to scrape future cards, but I need to figure out how to actually get my CI solution sorted out so builds are automatic and I can have macosx builds again :p. Hopefully I'll get an app update out either tonight or tomorrow.

Here's some screenshots to show that I've gotten stuff done :p. I still need to add bond skill icons and figure out how to replace identical 'bond skill' tokens with their correct icons :P.

Okay! Verision 0.9.2 is out with support for yellow cards. Let me know if there's any issues or missing cards. This is the first time I didn't build the things by hand, so I have no idea if the macosx build works or not.

Edit: So it seems the db adapter is broken in the windows build. I have why, or how to fix it, and I won't have time to look at it further until Saturday, and after than until next Saturday. Hopefully I can get a new build out Saturday for windows users.

Edited by gumbyscout

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, I had enough free time to work on the app, and 0.9.3 is out which supposedly fixes the issues with backing db's not being loaded. Unfortunately, I had to totally overhaul which db adapter was being used, so you guys will either have to clone my repo and use the user-items-seralizer yourself, or just pm me your collection and deck db files/folders, then import the files manually into the app. Hopefully, this will make it where I won't have one version of the app being broken on certain os's. As per usual, let me know if you guys have any issues.

Edit: As a means to not keep posing after myself again and again, i'll post the update for 9.4, which is just a simple bug fix for 9.3

If coming from 9.3 follow this guide to clear the db so you can get the correct db with working thumbnails, if coming from an earlier version, you don't need to do this.

- Hit shit + ctrl + I to open the inspector, and

- go to the application tab, and then indexed db, expand it

- expand the _pouch_fireemblem-cipher-cards

- Right click on every item under it and click 'clear'

- Hit ctrl + r

- It should now download the correct db with correctly referenced thumbnails.

Edited by gumbyscout