Best mother & pair up for Selkie

Tias

So I finished conquest today and since I have a LE version of the game I have all 3 routes in 1 game and now I'd like to play birthright and afterwards Revelations. I have many ways of playing these games. Sometimes I go with the pairings I think are cute and what I think is canon or whatever and other times I see a character and I go "i'm gonna hit that". Now I love me some cute fox girl (and adoptive elder sister with the same name as my ex so that's not weird at all) So I want to make her as powerful as possible. I see a lot of people say that Selkie is an avoidance tank so they either say Setsuna but others say Hana and some say Azura.

When I play I just about always pair up everyone up to make certain units stronger or even more tanky(for example charlotte and xander in my conquest game were OP and helped me win the game), so for this part I'd like to know which pair-up gives Selkie the best stats.

For some of the other children I already have an idea.

Orochi!Rhajat

Hinoka!Caeldori ( the urge to use Selena in revelation is strong but stat wise it seems to ruin her)

But yeah. Back on track.
Anyone got some advice on how to perfect Selkie?

I'd say it mostly depends on two factors; What skills/classes you want Selkie to inherit and Will you use the other kids.

I'd say Setsuna. She has the better Modifiers between the three, however that's assuming you don't want a certain skill. Even if you do there's a thread for skill hunting. So personally, Setsuna is the way to go.

I had fun with a Orochi!Selkie in one playthrough. Selkie is one of the few children who doesn't suffer much from Orochi's speed and her magic will be raised to an acceptable level.

Alright, so I might look at Setsuna!Selkie.

What about for pair-up? Would a character that gives spd be best to further raise their avoidance or would they need some dmg instead?

I was thinking about making a tank MU by taking +skl -mag and having them learn aegis & pavise while also pairing them up with someone else who had plenty of skills, which would be accessed by norhian trust and amplified by hoshidan unity.

Alternatively I was thinking +spd -mag, master ninja MU and pair him up with Selkie