Anime & Manga

Raven

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did like Rurouni Kenshin a lot, really, it's just that I don't really have the money to buy much manga, and I don't particularly like reading it on the computer.

I just mooched the manga off of my friend.

Good times, gooood times.

By the way, has anyone here seen Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? A few people have recommended it to me, and it looks interesting, but... well, if you know anything about the anime, you can probably guess why I'm hesitating to watch it. >_>

I'm not really into horror movies or anime (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen one before), to be honest, so I'm not sure it would be something I'd like.

By the way, has anyone here seen Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? A few people have recommended it to me, and it looks interesting, but... well, if you know anything about the anime, you can probably guess why I'm hesitating to watch it. >_>

I'm not really into horror movies or anime (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen one before), to be honest, so I'm not sure it would be something I'd like.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni seems interesting, I just read it up on Wikipedia. It apparently involves murder, but I can't tell if there are any gruesome scenes involved. After I finish watching Clannad (Which is going very nicely, but not half as upsetting as Kanon) I will probably give this a watch, and report back.

Edit:

Just saw the first episode of that anime, it's very strange to say the least... It's different from animes like Kanon and Clannad, and I'm not sure if I like it just by watching the first episode yet, so I'll have to watch more episodes... Murder and cute anime girls don't quite go together in my opinion, but we'll see.

Started watching Kanon. So far, I don't really get it, but it's good.

Also, I'd like it if we could not only post what we have read and watched, but also say if it is worth watching or not, to separate the good from the bad.

Started watching Kanon. So far, I don't really get it, but it's good.

Also, I'd like it if we could not only post what we have read and watched, but also say if it is worth watching or not, to separate the good from the bad.

Don't worry about it, I didn't really get it at first either; things will fall into place as more is revealed about what Yuuichi remembers from the past.

As per The Fourth Fox's request, for those who may be interested, I have elaborated on the anime and manga I mentioned in my first post in this topic and done my best to explain who may or may not enjoy each of them.

As per The Fourth Fox's request, for those who may be interested, I have elaborated on the anime and manga I mentioned in my first post in this topic and done my best to explain who may or may not enjoy each of them.

Wow, Wist. I only meant something like a rating out of 10 and a short 2 or 3 sentence summary, but yours works as well. Thank you!

Can I ask how long that took you? If I tried writing a small review of everything I've watched, then I would be there for at least 30 minutes, minimum. Pretty cool. If I'm bored and have nothing to do, I may elaborate and update my first post, since I have finished watching Kanon and Clannad. I have also just finished watching the second episode of "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni", it's still a strange anime, to say the least. I believe it will stay strange throughout, though.

The Fourth Fox, I am glad to have proven helpful. Keep in mind that while some of my explanations may cast an anime or manga in a more negative light than others, I only listed those which I enjoyed; I found all of those mentioned in my post worthy of attention to some extent.

I cannot recall how much time I spent amending that post; I would estimate that a thirty minute estimate, much like your projected prediction, would not be grossly inaccurate. I have little else to do today aside from some studying so that expenditure of time did not interfere with any other plans nor did it feel wasted in any respect. I scanned a few Wikipedia articles to confirm information on anime I have not watched for a fair amount of time which helped to accelerate the process.

Raven, when or if you have the time to write your reviews, I would be particularly interested in reading a slightly more thorough impression of Kanon. From what you have posted thus far, it seems that I might enjoy watching Kanon when I next have a vacant week.

Raven, when or if you have the time to write your reviews, I would be particularly interested in reading a slightly more thorough impression of Kanon. From what you have posted thus far, it seems that I might enjoy watching Kanon when I next have a vacant week.

I'm sure you would enjoy it too, if you liked Air (which from what you say, is an emotional anime) then Kanon, being an anime which is capable of moving even me, would be for you too. I will write a review of it, also give my own impression of it in more detail, without trying to include spoilers of course.

I am confused.

Is Kanon 2006 english dubbed, and if so, where can I find it?

What I did was:

Go to Veoh and download it's VeohTV (Beta) program. This program is directly linked with the website, and is more useful than having to load a new browser window to watch a new episode.

After downloading the program, click "Search" at the top, then search the anime's name and episode number (eg. "Kanon 2006 episode 1"). Search results will probably give alot of results. I watched the subbed episodes of Kanon, I don't mind having to read and watch at the same time. I can't promise there will be dubbed versions of it, but there will more than likely be if you search for it.

This program provides a nice, large quality picture, so it's first choice for me when watching any anime.

The only manga that I buy are Shonen Jump and Eyeshield 21. I read some others, but since I'm poor, I just go any read them at Borders. I usually just read whatever...

-Death Note

-HunterxHunter

-Claymore

-Black Cat

-Bleach

-Battle Vixens (when no ones looking)

I used to read a lot more manga than I do anymore (I had more time). Now, mostly I read:

Fullmetal Alchemist- people have already summarized this. Love the manga, loathe the anime.

Azumanga Daioh- mostly clean comedy about a bunch of girls in high school.The only way it could possibly be funnier is if Ilyana were in it.

Inuyasha.

I used to read RuroKen, but I lost track of the story.

I don't buy 'em, I either sit and read them in the bookstore, read them on the internet, or get them from the library.

Dang, I really love Kanon and I don't know why. I've watched 5 episodes today and I'm tempted to watch another.

I had that feeling all the time. I think I got through all the episodes in less than four days.

Oh...My....God. Episode 10 of Kanon was soooooo sad. I nearly cried, and I've never cried from a t.v. show before, or practically any work of fiction. Does this kind of thing continue?

Oh...My....God. Episode 10 of Kanon was soooooo sad. I nearly cried, and I've never cried from a t.v. show before, or practically any work of fiction. Does this kind of thing continue?

Sadly it does, I believe it gets worse too, well I thought it did anyway. Just call that the first serious incident.

Even though you see her lying on the floor at the end of episode 10, you never see her again.

Sadly it does, I believe it gets worse too, well I thought it did anyway. Just call that the first serious incident.

Even though you see her lying on the floor at the end of episode 10, you never see her again.

You know, i didn't want to know that. I was still holding onto some hope....

You know, i didn't want to know that. I was still holding onto some hope....

The truth is sad, I know. But I believe worse is yet to come, though. I personally found it upsetting anyway, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about .

I watch animes Everyday =P. My top 5 are:

1: Full Metal Alchemist

2: Fate Stay Night

3: Bleach/D.Gray-man

4: Reborn!

5: Claymore

Top 5 Mangás

1:Saint Seiya Episode G

2:Bleach/D.Gray-man

3:Reborn!/Mx0

4:Black Cat

5:Black God