Anime & Manga

Raven

More on this Higurashi no Naku Koro ni anime:

The anime seems to split into several arcs, and in each arc, there is a disaster which results in one or more of the main character's death, apparently due to this demon which seems to possess people...

I've watched all the first story arc, and I must say I'm personally disturbed by the anime. I know that the arcs are kind of like a different story, but to see the characters alive again after I just saw them die isn't something I'm used to when watching an anime.

However, I'll probably continue to watch it, just because it's an intriguing anime, to say the least...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite manga of the moment is Reborn!

the anime is ok, but i prefer the manga over it.

the manga is more random and sarcastic, i think!

random+sarcastic=hilarious!!!

Fairy tail is also good.

Well done 4thF, another Kanon fan to join our ranks. Has Wist watched any Kanon yet? I remember saying I would go into detail about Kanon, but I've not got round to it yet, apologies. I will one day though.

And yes, I'll confirm it's "Uguu~", hehe.

There is no need to apologize, the discussion in this thread itself suggests that Kanon is definitely worth a try. I will see if I can get my hands on the first few episodes this coming week.

There is no need to apologize, the discussion in this thread itself suggests that Kanon is definitely worth a try. I will see if I can get my hands on the first few episodes this coming week.

That's good news, I'm very sure you'll like it.

I decided to try Kanon (choosing the subbed version because the English dubs always suck) and watched the first episode. It was meh, but I'm watching more because the first episode always sucks. No exceptions. Unless it's one of those funny shows that has no storyline.

I decided to try Kanon (choosing the subbed version because the English dubs always suck) and watched the first episode. It was meh, but I'm watching more because the first episode always sucks. No exceptions. Unless it's one of those funny shows that has no storyline.

The english dub for this is actually very good, I even read that at some official site that it was agreed on. That's truth about first episodes.

Don't worry, I watched the first 5 episodes of the anime and didn't really see whaere it was going, you just need to keep watching, the stories will unfold in time.

I found a nice music video on Youtube, it contains some scenes from later episodes, but it wouldn't really spoil anything for anyone. The song is nice too.

Anime - Kanon (2006) - Canon Bell - AMV

Naturally, I 5-starred it and saved it to favourites.

I'm somewhere in episode 14 (because my computer started going slow) and everything's coming together.

What did you think of episode ten?

Sadder than when Aeris dies.

I think so too, it wasn't one of the first parts that upset me though. Seeing her change in personality was just as sad, I thought.

Wow. I NEVER would've saw THAT coming. (Kanon episode 15)

Damn memory of mine, I wish I could remember what happened at what episodes. Can you hint it, or even put a spoiler tag around what happened?

Also, me too RFoF.

Damn memory of mine, I wish I could remember what happened at what episodes. Can you hint it, or even put a spoiler tag around what happened?

Also, me too RFoF.

They kill the remaining demons. There's still one left. Yuuichi remembers stuff about Mai. He tells Mai about it. She stabs herself in the heart. The remaining "demon" turns out to be a fragment of her super healing power and it heals her. Also, this may have happened in episode 14, but Mai's friend (what's her name again? Sayuri?) is hospitalized by a demon and it's not pretty when you see her on the bathroom floor. Also, Mai goes to the hospital at the end of episode 15.

They kill the remaining demons. There's still one left. Yuuichi remembers stuff about Mai. He tells Mai about it. She stabs herself in the heart. The remaining "demon" turns out to be a fragment of her super healing power and it heals her. Also, this may have happened in episode 14, but Mai's friend (what's her name again? Sayuri?) is hospitalized by a demon and it's not pretty when you see her on the bathroom floor. Also, Mai goes to the hospital at the end of episode 15.

damn it. shouldn't of read it. but i just had to know...