The Best Fire Emblem Arena?

Lord Tullus

So, in your opinion, which arena in the series was the best? Yeah, some allowed you to grind to your heart's content, but it gave you money. Plus, risk vs reward is a great way to have players really consider whether or not grinding is good for them.

In other words, which Fire Emblem arena is the best, and which alteration would you like to see return to the series?

For example, consider the GBA ones giving you X ammount of money back after you won, or the first one giving you back your money X10 as alterations, or something like that. Fates's my castle arena is included in the discussion as well.

Thanks!

FE11 was good for the amount of fights you could do in a row, Fates is good because you won't lose units who are defeated, and FE4 has units that help you gauge how your units are doing. FEGBA arenas are good and well-timed, but they are probably the most optional in the series.

I think FE4's was handled the best, for a number of reasons.

1. You can't abuse it, you only have a set number of people a character can beat per chapter.

2. You don't lose a unit for losing a fight in it.

3. It helps you get money for your individual units without having to do other absurd things.

I think FE4's was handled the best, for a number of reasons.

1. You can't abuse it, you only have a set number of people a character can beat per chapter.

2. You don't lose a unit for losing a fight in it.

3. It helps you get money for your individual units without having to do other absurd things.

Pretty much my opinion.

I think FE4's Arena is the best for the reasons that other people have explained on this thread.

I think FE3's is the worst because it'll sometimes have your unpromoted units fight promoted units. Like Level 12 Cavalier vs Level 12 Paladin.

I think FE4's Arena is the best for the reasons that other people have explained on this thread.

I think FE3's is the worst because it'll sometimes have your unpromoted units fight promoted units. Like Level 12 Cavalier vs Level 12 Paladin.

I'd agree if FE14's arena didn't exist, like it doesn't even give any benefits aside from betting your resources, plus you can only like use it once at a time.

Edited by Glorious Nippon Steel

I've also heard sometimes it'll pit you against Manaketes when it won't let you use manaketes yourself. Which I find to be hilarious unfair. Especially imagining it from an in universe perspective.

I'd agree if FE14's arena didn't exist, like it doesn't even give any benefits aside from betting your resources, plus you can only like use it once at a time.

I feel like it only really makes a difference on and not being able to give your units experience on Conquest because you can grind and Birthright and

Revelation so you don't even need an experience Arena. That's why I don't mind it gives you resources, but I can understand why you would think it's the worst

I've also heard sometimes it'll pit you against Manaketes when it won't let you use manaketes yourself. Which I find to be hilarious unfair. Especially imagining it from an in universe perspective.

I remember that. It was such a D**k move. I lost Ogma to one of those guys in chapter... 3? I believe 3 was the one with the long path around the mountain. Anyway, like half the people here already said, I too, like the FE 4 arena the best. Plus its cameo before you begin a fight is my favorite remix of the classic FE 1 map theme. This next part is me nitpicking. [Forgive my rant]

I don't like the FE 14 arena. At all. You get resources and you don't die. Great. But how does that help you in the real campaign? You don't die? Well, sure. It would be a real d**k move to die in what is effectively the base. And your reward? Resources.... bleh. I don't like them. They are constantly needed to get anything done in my castle, and you need TONS of Resources, money, and weapons (even more money) just to get a worth-while weapon forge out of the forging. When forging in the past games would cost less just to get a weapon of similar caliber - with no resources or 36+ extra weapons of the same type. Again, I apologize for the rant. I needed to get it off my chest.

I remember that. It was such a D**k move. I lost Ogma to one of those guys in chapter... 3? I believe 3 was the one with the long path around the mountain. Anyway, like half the people here already said, I too, like the FE 4 arena the best. Plus its cameo before you begin a fight is my favorite remix of the classic FE 1 map theme. This next part is me nitpicking. [Forgive my rant]

I don't like the FE 14 arena. At all. You get resources and you don't die. Great. But how does that help you in the real campaign? You don't die? Well, sure. It would be a real d**k move to die in what is effectively the base. And your reward? Resources.... bleh. I don't like them. They are constantly needed to get anything done in my castle, and you need TONS of Resources, money, and weapons (even more money) just to get a worth-while weapon forge out of the forging. When forging in the past games would cost less just to get a weapon of similar caliber - with no resources or 36+ extra weapons of the same type. Again, I apologize for the rant. I needed to get it off my chest.

Haha. Chapter 3. I would have thought that would be something the game saves until much later when you actually start encountering manaketes.