Volunteers to help with TMS#FE section

VincentASM

Next week, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will be arriving in the West and I'm looking to (finally) expand the TMS#FE game page on the website with useful game information.

Trouble is, I don't currently own a Wii U and I'm not that familiar with the SMT series, like I am with the FE series. So I'm looking for knowledgeable and passionate volunteers who can help build and manage the TMS#FE section.

Right now, the most convenient way for others to add content is via our wiki. We've had great success with the Berwick Saga section (which Othin single-handedly managed) and our recent Cipher section.

In case you've never used (or edited) a wiki before, it's fairly straightforward and I can teach you if necessary. Basically, if you can write a fairly complex post (with images and links) on the forums, you're practically qualified for the most part.

If you're interested in helping, please let me know in this topic. Additionally, if you have any suggestions, feel free to mention them here as well.

Creating a SF Wiki Account

Currently, user sign ups are disabled on the wiki, as a strict measure to stop bots vandalising the wiki (which has happened in the past).

To sign up, simply post here to register your interest and I'll send you a PM. Alternatively, you can PM me with your desired username on the wiki.

Beginner's Guide to Editing Wikis

Note 1: You can also check out the Help section on Mediawiki.

Note 2: The | symbol is the one to the left of Z on a QWERTY keyboard (you need to press Shift as well).

Note 3: Please use the ♯ symbol (and not #) when creating links with TMS♯FE in the name.

1. Editing pages

You can edit existing pages by going to the page and clicking the "edit" tab along the very top of the page. Likewise, you can create or view discussions, check the page history, etc.

When editing a page, you should find the editor similar to the one you use for posting on forums, but a bit more simpler. You can use the buttons to bold text, add links etc. or you can manually add formatting yourself.

Before you become accustomed, you can refer to this cheat sheet for commonly used formatting codes.

2. Creating and linking to pages

If you want to create a new page, the best way is to edit an existing page that will link to the new page and create an "empty" or "tentative" link to the new page.

Green links are pages that exist, while red links are pages that don't exist. Clicking a red link will allow you to create that page.

You create links by placing [[ and ]] between the name of the page. For example [[sidequests]] if you want to create a link to a new page called "Sidequests".

Sometimes, the name of the page doesn't really suit as a link (or vice versa), in which case you can add | after the name of the page and put the text you want for the link after it. Eg. [[TMS#FE Sidequests|Sidequests]] will create a link to "TMS#Sidequests" and the link will say "Sidequests".

3. Managing Tables

Tables can be tricky beasts at first, but easy to tame once you get the hang of them.

A typical table may be coded like this:

{ |
! Header 1
! Header 2
! Header 3
|-
| A
| B
| C
|-
| D
| E
| F
| }

Which looks like this:

Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
A        B        C
D        E        F

To start a table, use { |. To end it, use | }

Each time you use |, you will create a new column. Meanwhile, using |- starts a new row. Using ! is similar to |, but treats it as a header.

If you want more columns, simply add more |. Likewise, if you want another row, add another |-.

You can also add formatting to tables. By default, you should always start a table with

{|class="sf"

This tells the wiki to use the SF style for tables, which adds green colours for the headers etc.

Often, you may want the table or columns to have specific widths. Simply add width="N px" or wdith="N%" either after class="sf" or before the column content. For the latter, you'll need to use | as a separator. Eg.

!width="25%"|Column name

Additionally, sometimes you may want to collapse multiple rows or columns into one. In these cases, you can add

colspan="N"

OR

rowspan="N"

before the content in a row or column to make that row or column occupy N rows or columns. Similarly, you need to add a | as a separator. Note that if you occupy multiple rows or columns, you'll have to remove the "absorbed" rows or columns as well. Eg.

!colspan="2"|Column that occupies 2 columns
!Column 2
!Column 3
|-
|Content in column 1 (A)
|Content in column 1 (B)
|Content in column 2|
|Content in column 3

4. Templates

[To be added]

5. Other things

If in doubt, press "Show Preview" to check what your page looks like with your current edits.

Finally, if you're really unsure about something, let us know in this topic!

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it, I just need a basic lesson on how to edit a wiki.

from what I've seen of the game outside of the names attacks it's mostly FE.

I guess I'll find out if and how it's connected to the Amala network

happy to help the community in any way

I'm up for it, I just need a basic lesson on how to edit a wiki.

It's not very difficult at all. I kind of taught myself the basics when I was working to convert my Newcomer's Cipher Guide to wiki format. The edit pages themselves have buttons at the top to help you with formatting, just like here on the forums, and there are lots of pages like this one that can show you the actual code for more advanced formatting options.

I wouldn't mind helping out. My knowledge on Shin Megami Tensei isn't fantastic, but I can always look up information if I need to. Fire Emblem I'm fairly confident in, outside of the games I haven't played (which, if #FE purely focuses on the Akaneia games and Awakening, that shouldn't be a problem). Never edited a wiki before, but I can work my way around the format options here on the forums pretty well. And I can always ask if I run into a problem.

Thanks!

There's no rush, unless we can somehow find somebody who's already played TMS#FE in Japanese, but it's probably easier if we based the information on the English release to begin with.

So feel free to go ahead and play the game at your leisure, while we plan things here ^^

For starters, user sign ups are disabled indefinitely since we don't have stable measures to deter bots and we had a very nasty run in with bots one time, which we don't want to repeat. Instead, I can make accounts for you (I'll send you both a PM later with details).

Secondly, the link that Kirie provided is really helpful. You can also refer to the cheat sheet here (towards the bottom).

The only thing not really covered are tables, which are slightly complex. However, if you look at how an existing table is coded, it's not that hard to figure out.

A typical table may be coded like this:

{ |
! Header 1
! Header 2
! Header 3
|-
| A
| B
| C
|-
| D
| E
| F
| }

Which looks like this:

Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
A        B        C
D        E        F

To start a table, use { |. To end it, use | }

Each time you use |, you will create a new column. Meanwhile, using |- starts a new row. Using ! is similar to |, but treats it as a header.

If you wanted more columns, simply add more |. Likewise, if you want another row, add another |-.

You can also add formatting to tables, but we'll get to that later.

If you're unsure what your table looks like, you can hit "Show Preview" to take a look.

Edited by VincentASM

I'll help out with what I can, but I've got no experience in editing wikis. My knowledge mostly stems from FE as I've only played SMT IV, Persona 3 FES, and Persona Q (if that counts) but I know the skill names and the overall battle system for the SMT games. The skill names looks like they're from SMT but I'll have to play the game today to really find out.

Your SMT history is pretty similar to mine, though I've also played the first Devil Survivor game, and a bit of SMT: Nocturne/Lucifer's Call. So we should be fine!

Sorry if I sound impatient when I say this, Vincent, but I've already started to copy the game's script into a google doc file, mostly prepared to be copied over. Some changes to the formatting will probably occur (I haven't had a look at the two resources already linked here, though I will do when we're finally ready to start inputting data). Would it be all right if I send you a sample of said text when you send me the PM? It'll just be the introduction before the prologue starts. Compared to what the SF wiki has with its script for Awakening, it should be all right. But I just want to confirm I'm not being too wordy or anything, or if I'm missing something you think should be there.

Edited by DodgeDusk

The only one I've beaten is P Q- not that the games are too hard, I just hadn't beaten them yet. Although, I would like to play P4 but I hear it's better to play P3 before you play P4 because 4 is an upgraded version of 3 and you don't want to regress in the gameplay. Been meaning to check out Devil Survivor for awhile now.

I'll be picking up my copy of TMS # FE the Special Edition in a couple of hours but I got a question. Do you want me to scan the song cards and put them in the wiki? The back of them have the Japanese lyrics written out in English but not translated though, which seems a little odd to me. The problem is, I'm not sure if my old printer can scan them though.

If you are going to, the artbook featured in the Fortissimo Edition has the English lyrics for all the songs featured on the song cards except for Dia Sweet Witch. That too is an option.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Oh, okay. Either way, we are going to scan something, right? I got an idea- I could scan the song cards and take the English lyrics from the artbook and put them together showcasing the official art for the character, song title, and the lyrics to the side somewhere along the lines of the Cipher TCG cards on the wiki.

That sounds like a great idea : D

By the way, I made a tentative (and very empty section) for TMSFE over here.

If you have any suggestions for content, you can let me know or simply create a tentative "red link" in the section page. To do so, just type in the name of the page you want and put [[ ]] around it.

For example, if you wanted a Song Cards and Lyrics page, you could input [[song Cards and Lyrics]]. In fact, I'll do that immediately after this post.

Then to make the actual page, simply click on the red link created. A red link means that a page doesn't exist, while a green link means it does.

I wouldn't mind helping, but I have absolutely no experience editing wikis and things like that. As to my knowledge of the game, SMT and FE :

I've played SMT4 (not finished, but on Neutral Ending near the end), Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 on the SMT side.

I think I have the usual FE player experience, started with 7, played Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, then Awakening and now currently playing through Fates (finished Conquest Hard/Classic, currently in chapter 22 in Birthright Hard/Classic).

I think I have fairly decent knowledge of both series.

I also did both of these near the japanese release of #FE (1) and (2), with some help of course. It's not much, especially with my dreadful japanese understanding, but that was what I was able to do at the time without having access to the game. I hope people having already played the japanese version of the game will help, Nocturnal YL on the sub forum already did a lot of very informative threads.

There are a few japanese sites with useful information if you are able to understand it, I didn't really check out for more but here's two of them (1) (2).

Maybe trying to expand what I started with the spreadsheet and put the localized names and the crafting components for each Carnage. Also listing the items in each shop, with their effects and prices.

I don't have the game yet, but I think I'll start doing that as soon as I get the game.

Edited by Avk

I got the game, so I wouldn't mind filling in info like weapon skills. I've played all FEs but 10 and 14, and I've played enough Megaten to know which spells are which (MT1 finished, around halfway through SMT1 before my save corrupted and glitched my party out of existence, started SMT4.)

I wouldn't mind helping, but I have absolutely no experience editing wikis and things like that. As to my knowledge of the game, SMT and FE :

I've played SMT4 (not finished, but on Neutral Ending near the end), Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 on the SMT side.

I think I have the usual FE player experience, started with 7, played Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, then Awakening and now currently playing through Fates (finished Conquest Hard/Classic, currently in chapter 22 in Birthright Hard/Classic).

I think I have fairly decent knowledge of both series.

I also did both of these near the japanese release of #FE (1) and (2), with some help of course. It's not much, especially with my dreadful japanese understanding, but that was what I was able to do at the time without having access to the game. I hope people having already played the japanese version of the game will help, Nocturnal YL on the sub forum already did a lot of very informative threads.

There are a few japanese sites with useful information if you are able to understand it, I didn't really check out for more but here's two of them (1) (2).

Maybe trying to expand what I started with the spreadsheet and put the localized names and the crafting components for each Carnage. Also listing the items in each shop, with their effects and prices.

I don't have the game yet, but I think I'll start doing that as soon as I get the game.

Thanks, that's a lot of info to digest. Haha, I figured there'd be a lot of data to cover for the game. I think adding all of that shouldn't be a problem. Just need to figure out the best way to organise everything.

Experience isn't a problem either, especially if you can handle something like a big forum post or spreadsheet ^^

Anyway, I'll try and mess around a bit, before sending you a PM.

Edited by VincentASM

The song cards have been scanned as .PNG images and I'll type out the English lyrics for those six songs later. I'll be busy all of today, but more than likely be free tomorrow to put this in the wiki.

Sounds great! No rush ^^

Alright, I started on a page for Itsuki Ao's weapons: Link here

Any comments or suggestions?

I'm thinking the most optimal way is to split the information into four separate tables, which can be accessed via the tabs provided. It will be a bit fussy to edit, but it's more convenient than one super-wide table.

If I have time, I'll add a few more weapons. Anyone with wiki access is free to swap in the localised names or add in more weapons.

EDIT:

Added the rest of Itsuki's Carnage. Just missing the materials to make them (in table 4).

Edited by VincentASM

Good work, just a typo, Itsuki's last name is Aoi and not Ao. I would have prefered something more condensed like this (not necessarily the same way, I linked just to illustrate what I meant by "condensed"), but the problem is that it would make comparing Carnages more difficult ; also adding icons (like the different elements) and maybe color would be nice, but I'm not sure if all of this is feasible (or if it's preferable at all).

Edited by Avk

Whoops, silly me, I'll fix that in a bit.

Yeah, that was the other option I was considering, but with so many Carnages, I was concerned it would make the page too unwieldy. Plus, historically, SF generally has comparison tables ^^

I'll have a think about the icons and colours as well. I do think they can be useful, but I'm also careful not to clutter things. Haha, so much to think about sometimes XD

In any case, these things can be changed later and it shouldn't be too difficult to do so either.

Oh, just so you guys know, I made a page where you can fill in Enemy Data. There was one of two of you who said you'd be willing to fill in some of it, so there you go! I was thinking about putting a table template somewhere so anyone registered can just grab and use it, but I'm not entirely sure where I'd put it. Or even if it's something Vincent would allow. If so, I'd also put down instructions on how to fill in the data and add additional rows without breaking tables. But again, I'll wait for Vincent on that one.

If any of you have any ideas on how to improve the presentation, please, do tell. I'm new to all this, so I doubt it's the best as it could potentially be.

Edited by DodgeDusk

In total, there's:

• Name
  • Level
  • Class
  • Condition. These include: HP and EP
  • Resistances. These include: Weaknesses, Resistances, Null, Drain, and Repel
  • Stats: These include: Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Defence, Resistance, and Luck*.
  • Attack and Armor. How these are calculated, I do not know.
  • Skills
  • Item Drops
  • Encounter Area

*Luck isn't a numerical stat; instead, there's five different possibilities for one's Luck. These include: Poor, Weak, Normal, Good, and High

Aha, I see. Is there a bestiary or compendium where you can view this info or is it in battle only?

With so much info, you may have to split it into multiple tables, like Itsuki's Carnage page.

Also, I started on Itsuki's skill page.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the page before I sleep.

If you're still looking for volunteers and would have me, I would love to help.

In terms of Shin Megami Tensei I've completed Shin Megami Tensei IV, Persona 3 FES, and Persona 4 while having played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. In terms of Fire Emblem I've completed Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and all three routes of Fates while having played Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, Mystery of the Emblem, and Genealogy of the Holy War which I'm currently working on.

I picked up the Special Edition for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and have thus far been really enjoying it. I'm currently on Chapter 3 on Hard and have been making great progress. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with editing wikis, but from reading through the thread thus far it appears as if it is something that I can pick up rather easily.

By the way, what kind of enemy data is there? I do remember the elemental weaknesses and resistances. Maybe item drops as well. HP?

ZWC3UAV.jpg

Going along with what DodgeDusk has already said, this is what the enemy Analysis menu in game shows you so that you might be able to see how it is laid out easier. Tapping on "Skill Info" brings up a list of all the skills that the enemy has and from there you can tap them to get a description if you didn't already know. This particular enemy has one Skill called "Attack" with the description being "(Phys/Beast) Regular Attack."