Volunteers to help with TMS#FE section

VincentASM

Hi, I'd be interested in helping with information if I'm able to. I'm not an expert on SMT but I did buy this game and am playing it... I found myself wondering about resources and couldn't find much, so I'd love to help out so others don't also find themselves lacking.

Edit: Would rather not double post so I'll just edit, I just noticed on the skill page for Itsuki that it says Slash... I'm sure in game it says Cleave for that 5EP sword skill. Are you using translations or checking the game itself?

Edit again: If you need anyone to help with the songs and lyrics, I have the special edition of the game, as well as the CD that went on sale in February with all the songs, so I could add that if needed, as well as things from the game itself.

Edited by yaycupcake

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, silly me, I'll fix that in a bit.

Yeah, that was the other option I was considering, but with so many Carnages, I was concerned it would make the page too unwieldy. Plus, historically, SF generally has comparison tables ^^

I'll have a think about the icons and colours as well. I do think they can be useful, but I'm also careful not to clutter things. Haha, so much to think about sometimes XD

In any case, these things can be changed later and it shouldn't be too difficult to do so either.

Yeah, I understand, the first objective should be collecting as much information from the western version as possible, finding a better way to present them can wait until we have everything but this is just a thought I had when I saw all the tables. Another way of presenting could be like in the official guide (scans graciously provided by user HusabandoIke) ?

I have yet to receive the game (probably delayed until after the weekend), but I'll start adding the localized names whenever I'll be able to.

Also, may I ask you if you would be able to read some japanese ? I can think of something that could require translation from other wikis, since that mechanics is hidden in game (and spoiler-ish). I know what it's about, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the specifics with my current level of japanese proficiency.

Hi, I'd be interested in helping with information if I'm able to. I'm not an expert on SMT but I did buy this game and am playing it... I found myself wondering about resources and couldn't find much, so I'd love to help out so others don't also find themselves lacking.

Edit: Would rather not double post so I'll just edit, I just noticed on the skill page for Itsuki that it says Slash... I'm sure in game it says Cleave for that 5EP sword skill. Are you using translations or checking the game itself?

Edit again: If you need anyone to help with the songs and lyrics, I have the special edition of the game, as well as the CD that went on sale in February with all the songs, so I could add that if needed, as well as things from the game itself.

I think VincentASM is currently using my translations from the japanese version, feel free to share all the localized names. My translations are very likely to be inaccurate despite all the research I've done at the time.

Edited by Avk

So far the weapons and skills I've unlocked for Itsuki are as follows:

Falchion:

Cleave 5EP

Lance-Slash

Rakukaja 10EP

Str Boost

Iron Sword:

Zio 6EP

Dia 10EP

Wind-Thunder

Surefire

Epee:

Cleave 5EP

Fire-Slash

Wind-Thunder

Mag Boost

Rapier:

Rakunda 10EP

Horseslayer 8EP

Lance-Slash

Skl Boost

Deathbringer:

Ice-Slash

Dia 10EP

Def Boost

Mazio 14EP

I can provide for the other characters and weapons I've unlocked as well if needed. And of course I can add anything I unlock as I play. I'm only in chapter 2 at the moment.

Edit: formatting and stuff

Edited by yaycupcake

Yup, more volunteers are always welcome ^^

I see, the enemy data is a bit like I what expected. Hmm, trying to think what's the best way to fit everything in. Although Dodge Dusk has already started on the Prologue enemies and managed to fit most of the data.

Edited by VincentASM

I created the song cards and lyrics page with a list of the songs. Unfortunately I'm not sure of all the English localized names yet, but I put in what I could. (Also, I'm not sure how to romanize Touma's song.) I feel like the song names in Japanese should be noted because that's how they'd be if people buy the retail CD. I can work on making individual pages for each song in a bit. Any styling of the names is how they're credited on the CD (Kiria is written with just her given name in romaji, TIKi is written with 3 caps and a lowercase, etc. Names were reformatted into Western order by me though.) If there's any mistakes or anyone can fill in the localized names, that'd be great.

I figure for lyrics, there should be 3 sections, official translation, romanized Japanese lyrics, and original Japanese lyrics (kanji). Additionally, it might be good to do something along the lines of what project-imas does, in the sense that the lyrics of the short in-game version are highlighted. Other wikis and sites that have songs with a short version and full version just list them separately but I guess we could go with anything that works. It's just an idea.

I can get the other characters' weapons information like stats, skills, required stuff.

... Well, mostly Tsubasa, Eleonora, and Mamori right now. I'm still on like chapter three but yeah.

Edit: Uh... when Vincent adds the other characters' pages, I think.

I'm not sure if it's because of my own run but I got some weapons of Itsuki's that isn't on the wiki page.

Edited by Altina Orion

I've tried to think of a new template for the Carnage page, and I would like some feedback, it's on the "SF wiki test" tab of my spreadsheet. I've also no idea how to implement something like that in the wiki yet, but it's only a test right now to find something that I find more pleasing and hopefully will not please only myself.

The Skills page seems fine as it is, maybe put the different types of skills in different tabs just like in the current Carnage page. I'll try to do it but I'm not entirely accustomed to editing yet.

Edit : Done. I don't think it turned out badly.

Edited by Avk

I can get the other characters' weapons information like stats, skills, required stuff.

... Well, mostly Tsubasa, Eleonora, and Mamori right now. I'm still on like chapter three but yeah.

Edit: Uh... when Vincent adds the other characters' pages, I think.

I'm not sure if it's because of my own run but I got some weapons of Itsuki's that isn't on the wiki page.

I only updated Itsuki's page with the weapons I have available to me at the moment. If you have weapons that are missing, definitely go ahead and add them and then we can figure out what to do from there.

I've tried to think of a new template for the Carnage page, and I would like some feedback, it's on the "SF wiki test" tab of my spreadsheet. I've also no idea how to implement something like that in the wiki yet, but it's only a test right now to find something that I find more pleasing and hopefully will not please only myself.

The Skills page seems fine as it is, maybe put the different types of skills in different tabs just like in the current Carnage page. I'll try to do it but I'm not entirely accustomed to editing yet.

I actually do like the template, so much so that I went ahead and made a sample to see what it would look like. Here is what it would look like, and here is a pastebin that has all of the code that I used. I couldn't find any pictures of the elements or skills, so I couldn't add them in but we could if we wanted to. I'm also not sure how we would organize all of them on the page if we used this, so any suggestions would be helpful and somebody can try to add it in.

One more suggestion I've found is that instead of sorting the enemies into chapters like we currently do, perhaps we would be better off sorting them into which areas they are found. In the different chapters, the same enemies are found in the same area so it might be easier to separate them that way and would be easier to find where a certain enemy will spawn if you're looking for it.

It might be because the localized names are different than those listed, possibly. If in doubt I'm sure we could just cross-reference each others' info.

Yeah I realised that after, haha.

I only updated Itsuki's page with the weapons I have available to me at the moment. If you have weapons that are missing, definitely go ahead and add them and then we can figure out what to do from there.

Oh, that was you. Yeah, I added the stuff I had ready. Just one right now anyway haha. The rest is just waiting for Vincent to create the pages, I think.

One more suggestion I've found is that instead of sorting the enemies into chapters like we currently do, perhaps we would be better off sorting them into which areas they are found. In the different chapters, the same enemies are found in the same area so it might be easier to separate them that way and would be easier to find where a certain enemy will spawn if you're looking for it.

Oh, really? I had no idea. Sure, I can do that. Do you know if there are any enemies that are exclusive to sidequests? If so, I can change the "E. Area" column to "Notes", so that anything special about the enemy can be mentioned there.

I actually do like the template, so much so that I went ahead and made a sample to see what it would look like. Here is what it would look like, and here is a pastebin that has all of the code that I used. I couldn't find any pictures of the elements or skills, so I couldn't add them in but we could if we wanted to. I'm also not sure how we would organize all of them on the page if we used this, so any suggestions would be helpful and somebody can try to add it in.

Thanks a lot, it looks great, and having the tiny element icons or type of skills icons like in the SMT wiki or our own SF Cipher wiki (thinking about the ACT, AUTO, Cont icons) shouldn't take too much place and add to the presentation (I thought of placing them left before the element or before the skill name). Now, I guess we should wait for approval before editing the current page ? Or maybe test that with another character's page. I won't be able to do it right now, but I'll probably give it a try later when I get more time.

Also, the weapon list for Itsuki should be complete, I didn't miss any weapon from the japanese version (I used the official guide lists to make mine, and verified using this japanese wiki). Are you sure it's just not that the names are different since I couldn't use the localized names at the time ?

Oh, really? I had no idea. Sure, I can do that. Do you know if there are any enemies that are exclusive to sidequests? If so, I can change the "E. Area" column to "Notes", so that anything special about the enemy can be mentioned there.

I'm pretty sure there are sidequests exclusive enemies (thinking about sidequest bosses as an example), but maybe you were referring to more common mirages ?

Edited by Avk

For a few of the sidequests, there are is a group of enemies that will spawn in previous dungeons that you've explored but they appear on the map, don't spawn in random encounters, and are only there for that sidequest. There is also one enemy, named "The Sixth Element" that can spawn in multiple dungeons and is listed in the game as having the location "Unknown Land." So far that is all I know.

I honestly have not been paying attention too much to if there are any enemies that only show up in sidequests, but I'll try to keep an eye out if any of them do.

Or maybe test that with another character's page. I won't be able to do it right now, but I'll probably give it a try later when I get more time.

I've got quite a bit of free time right now, so I'm going to go ahead and create a page for Tsubasa's carnage with the information from your spreadsheet and from how far I am in the game at the moment. It wouldn't be too hard to change it if we don't end up liking it, and then at least the information is on the page. I'll edit and link it when I'm done and then we can decide what needs to be done from there. If we end up liking one more than the other, it shouldn't be too hard to change.

Edit: Or not, Vincent has created a much better table than I did and realizing just how long it's going to take to change I would rather wait until we decide on the template.

Edited by Akineku

Thanks all! Been a bit busy today organising the giveaway and traveling, so I haven't done much.

Not bad. I started on it here.

I do think the proposed template could do with some improvements though. Namely the placement of the Class and Power seem a bit haphazard compared to the rest.

EDIT

Almost finished it, but got a bit stuck trying to fit everything in. I think it's just Class and Power that are hard to squeeze in.

EDIT2

Made one closer to the original proposal.

Edited by VincentASM

Not that I'm a contributor, but I'm curious on how a section on Savage Enemies would be set up. They appear, as far as I know, in any Idolasphere except for Illusory Daitama and Illusory Urahara, and what enemies appear is based on Itsuki's level (I think every 5 levels they change).

EDIT: Fought Savage Enemies in Illusory 106, Shibuya, Daitou TV, and Studio at level 39, they were all the same group of 2 level 41 Red Shamans and 3 level 41 Regal Paladins. I'll edit again when they change.

EDIT: Level 40 Itsuki, Savage Enemies are now 2 level 46 Bloodwing Knights and 2 level 46 Regal Knights.

Edited by Konnor97

I just added lyrics for Under the moon because I happened to already have romanized it for my own personal use a while ago... I figured I'd put this up and see what you think about the layout... I'm not really sure if this is the best way to present it. Of course it can always be tweaked or changed. I'm not super familiar with all the ins and outs of Wiki code, just enough to get by with basic editing.

I'll be out today but I'll keep checking this thread for feedback of course.

How did you get the different tabs for Under the Moon? I'm currently working on Kiria's Reincarnation page for both Romanized and English lyrics and frankly I like the idea of switching between tabs than looking at a table.

Edited by Replica Model

Thanks all! Been a bit busy today organising the giveaway and traveling, so I haven't done much.

Not bad. I started on it here.

I do think the proposed template could do with some improvements though. Namely the placement of the Class and Power seem a bit haphazard compared to the rest.

EDIT

Almost finished it, but got a bit stuck trying to fit everything in. I think it's just Class and Power that are hard to squeeze in.

EDIT2

Made one closer to the original proposal.

Version 2 looks pretty much perfect to me. After we decide to settle on one template, filling the pages should be the easy part. I just got the game, and now started to update my spreadsheet with localized names, I will try to carry the changes to the SF wiki at the same time.

I saw that you managed to partner with NintendoUK for the giveaway, that's really nice. And the screens picked for the giveaway are really good too, looking forward to the results.

I just added lyrics for Under the moon because I happened to already have romanized it for my own personal use a while ago... I figured I'd put this up and see what you think about the layout... I'm not really sure if this is the best way to present it. Of course it can always be tweaked or changed. I'm not super familiar with all the ins and outs of Wiki code, just enough to get by with basic editing.

I'll be out today but I'll keep checking this thread for feedback of course.

Personally I would prefer if you manage to fit all 3 side by side, instead of having them separated on different tabs.

Version 2 looks pretty much perfect to me. After we decide to settle on one template, filling the pages should be the easy part. I just got the game, and now started to update my spreadsheet with localized names, I will try to carry the changes to the SF wiki at the same time.

I saw that you managed to partner with NintendoUK for the giveaway, that's really nice. And the screens picked for the giveaway are really good too, looking forward to the results.

Personally I would prefer if you manage to fit all 3 side by side, instead of having them separated on different tabs.

Alright, I guess I'll do that. If by popular demand we could always change it if need be.