Thoughts on the English Voice Cast?

The DanMan

When I first heard clips of the dub, I didn't really like the voices too much. When I heard the voices in the context of the game, I actually thought most of them sound really good! I particularly like Takumi, Sakura, Keaton, Silas, Oboro, Odin, Laslow, and Kaze. The only ones I really didn't like were male Kanna, Effie, and Hinata (Cam Clarke, you let me down!). Surprisingly, I didn't really mind Peri, Selkie, Nyx, or Camilla (I don't think she sounds that old). Haven't heard enough of Siegbert to tell.

I'm still bitter that Fates have dual audio, though. D: Why did you deny of me of Nakamura Yuuichi's Ryouma, Nintendo?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard clips of the dub, I didn't really like the voices too much. When I heard the voices in the context of the game, I actually thought most of them sound really good! I particularly like Takumi, Sakura, Keaton, Silas, Oboro, Odin, Laslow, and Kaze. The only ones I really didn't like were male Kanna, Effie, and Hinata (Cam Clarke, you let me down!). Surprisingly, I didn't really mind Peri, Selkie, Nyx, or Camilla (I don't think she sounds that old). Haven't heard enough of Siegbert to tell.

I'm still bitter that Fates have dual audio, though. D: Why did you deny of me of Nakamura Yuuichi's Ryouma, Nintendo?

I thought it didn't have dual audio. :P

From what I keep hearing from around the net, you pretty much have Azura's Japanese song to blame. The company that the singer works for copyrighted it and it couldn't be used internationally. Thus, they basically had an incomplete voice track and no company is going to use that.

People call Matt Mercer the "Discount Troy Baker" and I think that is an insult to his abilities as a VA. Personally, I think Troy Baker is a rather one note VA (seriously no offense to him) while Matt Mercer has quite the character voice range.

I think this originated around the time Persona 4 was getting a bunch of media but Troy was also reaching huge fame with star roles in TLoU and Bioshock Infinite so he really did end up a discount Troy. He has long since passed that and he really has shown that he is extremely talented. Who could believe this guy could go toe to toe with Seiyuu legend Sugita not once, but twice (Chrom and Alvin from Tales of Xillia). Seriously.

According to Behind the Voice Actor, the voice actress for Felicia and Setsuna is Julianne Alexander, who seems to be new to the field because she has no other roles. I hope the terrible reception to her Felicia voice when the game first came out was not too discouraging. It also seems that Natalie Lander is indeed the voice actress for Elise and Nina, not Laura Bailey.

According to Behind the Voice Actor, the voice actress for Felicia and Setsuna is Julianne Alexander, who seems to be new to the field because she has no other roles. I hope the terrible reception to her Felicia voice when the game first came out was not too discouraging. It also seems that Natalie Lander is indeed the voice actress for Elise and Nina, not Laura Bailey.

From what I can tell, I think the reception to Felicia's voice has cooled down. I'm seeing a lot more people becoming more receptive of it after the initial impressions.

Judging from what I'm reading, this was Julianne Alexander's first time voicing for a video game. I'd say she did well for a rookie. There are plenty of VA's that have been in far more games yet have done far worse.

Honestly, other than her one line and a few MyRoom ones, I thought she was fine with Felicia, and I like her Setsuna a lot. Learning she's a newbie explains much though.

English voice acting, huh?

I'll start with the ones that I don't really like much and im sad to say poor Siegbert is one of them. His voice just doesn't suit him and makes him sound like he doesn't have energy or something. I still love the kid though. xD A lot of people complain about male kana but to me his cuteness just makes me facepalm and laugh whenever he cracks his voice lol. I don't understand why people don't like peri's voice. It sounds fine to me lol. Some people don't like Asugi's vocie but i pretend that he just hasn't changed his voice yet. and gaius husbando bias

For the ones that i like, uh, Xander, Leo, Takumi, Laslow, Arthur, Shigure singing, and maybe more. Takumi's voice is just gold. Nohrian scum is on point. Leo's amazing of course. Laslow's voice is just sexy. Justice, nuff said and I just like Xander's.

Shoutouts to Niles's "Ooooh yesss~" line.

Shoutouts to Niles's "Ooooh yesss~" line.

Haha yes

And additional shoutouts to the same VA for not only Takumi but also for keeping a straight face throughout all of Hisame's lines.

How he managed to voice a line like 'our love is stronger than the world's most pungent pickle. Won't you dive into the brine with me?' without cracking up has all my respect. I mean, the confessions lines have to be embarrassing enough by themselves, but that one...