Something tells me you might have bought a bootleg.

well crap.

Something tells me you might have bought a bootleg.

i looked up what all a bootleg lacks and this is a legit copy but its probably been used to the point that it stuggles, do these games use an internal battery? Edited by Balcerzak

i looked up what all a bootleg lacks and this is a legit copy but its probably been used to the point that it stuggles, do these games use an internal battery?

One, edit your posts so that you avoid getting warned. Two, that could be possible, as some games, like the Hoenn Pokémon games, have issues when the internal battery dries up.

i looked up what all a bootleg lacks and this is a legit copy but its probably been used to the point that it stuggles, do these games use an internal battery?

Yes, when my internal battery hiccuped, I lost all my save data, including my current run, and my full support gallery. It didn't completely die, as I was able to do more runs after that, but I never fully trusted that cart again.

Edit: At least, that's what I associate the cart wipe to, I guess I could be wrong.

Edited by Balcerzak

Yes, when my internal battery hiccuped, I lost all my save data, including my current run, and my full support gallery. It didn't completely die, as I was able to do more runs after that, but I never fully trusted that cart again.

Edit: At least, that's what I associate the cart wipe to, I guess I could be wrong.

I have to say you might be.

I just double checked, and my original thought was correct - there is no save battery in 7, or 8, for that matter. I have legit copies and I remembered being very happy when I cleaned them that they didn't require a battery. Of course, there may have been separate prints of carts, but others would have to chime in.

Binding Blade is the only GBA FE that uses a save battery to my knowledge.

Batteries last a long long time when the game isn't keeping an internal clock like Pokemon. All of my GBC games still work on the original battery (sans Silver), and all of my NES games on battery still work for that matter.

TC, If this IS a legit copy, then it sounds like it might have gone through the wash or baked in the heat. Check your pin connections to see if they are dirty.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

I have to say you might be.

I just double checked, and my original thought was correct - there is no save battery in 7, or 8, for that matter. I have legit copies and I remembered being very happy when I cleaned them that they didn't require a battery. Of course, there may have been separate prints of carts, but others would have to chime in.

Binding Blade is the only GBA FE that uses a save battery to my knowledge.

If they don't have a save battery then how do they save data to the cartridge?

If they don't have a save battery then how do they save data to the cartridge?

GBA games were kind of an in-between the old battery carts and the DS carts (let me ask you, how do you think ds/3ds games save without a battery? It's a similar thing, just a bigger board).

GBA has 4 official save methods:

EEPROM

Flash

SRAM

FeRAM