SB and Paperblade Suffer: Pokemon (Jan 14: Part 61 up)

Paperblade

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such abuse of those poor Crustle! They were just trying to enjoy their cave life and Tanjela drugs them to use as platforms! For shame, Tanjela!

Live on TV! - Team Meteor's newest plan and all of Reborn's invited! Announcing our plan all over a crappy region is a good idea, right? I mean no one can possibly have the will or resources, or hell, even authority to stop you, right??

...So why is the walking AIM Bot one of Reborn's most trusted citizens again? Aaah, whatever, it's not like she'll be doing anything anyway like the rest of the Gym Leaders. (please don't let her do anything)

Titaniaaaaaw snap!

Suddenly this turned into some wretched third-rate lesbian soap opera junk. On the next episode of Days of Our 'Mons...

You know I never got to say this but, regardless of opinion about D/P/Pt's mining mini-game, Essentials managed to recreate it damn faithfully. Like it's exact, hot damn.

The more I read Hardy's dialogue the more he's becoming my new favorite character. He just straight up doesn't care.

Holy shit, Sirius exerting his dominance over the mods! Alternate Serenes Forest has a real checkered past...

Nice. Fern actually chose to side with Team Meteor. Beautiful.

I'm with SB, in fact I'm honestly surprised he hadn't done so earlier considering he hates the player so much. Now he's even more of a jackass to laugh at. ' 3'

also what the fuck is this writing jesus

Of course Charlotte's Gym was designed after Wallace and Juan's, by far the most fabulous duo. ' 3'

Oh dear, I think dear Miss Charlotte needs a dousing of reality on her. Reborn's most trusted citizens!

christ what are the modifiers on that field that Heat Wave is killer.

The Door with a 9 on it is definitely a reference to the Zero Escape serie (999, Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma).

"Everybody makes mistakes".

No, I have the song in my head, so no reason I'm the only one, right ?

And here we have Coldsteel the Hedgeheg in the middle of a game of Dragon Kickball because he's a shitty OC who probably told one too many ice puns.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been so long since I uploaded. It's okay though, we get the entire Water Treatment Center in one update, yaaaaay.

2 more until we're done with the current game, and the next update could come any day now.

Edited by Paperblade

Oh dear I'm behind like 6 parts again. Guys I'm so sorry. bet you're happy you haven't had to deal with my rapidfire posts for a while!

[spoiler=all comments since there's so many parts]Oh shit that's right some of the kids are still in danger and Fern's a joke, okay now I'm caught up to speed already.
Speaking of jokes, actual use of glitch Pokémon as Trainer battles, I think we've transcended the meta and and now gone to a zeta state. Pokémon Zeta Reborn. (and Pokémon Omicron Reborn??)

zeL's dark and edgy backstories.

Blake's all full "nothing personnel, kid" mode. Blake and Fern the Edgehogs.
Paperblade really getting into the whole "Pitiable Heather" role. Keep going, my son. And once again, we could've been spared a monologue if you'd just have your Pokémon break down a blockade instead of waiting. Thank God I'm not keeping count...

Meteor Aces now? The hierarchy keeps moving up.
Cal I am disappointed with your overreliance on Flamethrower, you're smarter than this. :c
Oh good! Terra's a Team Meteor member! That gives us free reign to kill her without us having to feel bad!

You know, a part of me wondered what a Pokémon x Megaman Battle Network crossover woul be like. This... This was not what I was expecting. (but I admit I do like the field effect being basically reverting gameplay to Gen 1 rules, that's kinda neat)
aww they ruined it by having the Trainers be Missingno instead of Gen 1 Trainer classes
.OP pl$ nerf!-// - uncle mewtwo pls

auuugh of course she's an edit of Whitney, Reborn ruins yet another canon Gym Leader I like. :<
Featuring the most bedridden Pokémon battle in Reborn history!

Titania embodies literal edge by using Aegislash as an actual sword and shield as she's going around actively killing dudes in cold blood. Reborn's most trusted citizens.

pfffff PULSE Swalot is literally Atomos. Quick, Tanjela, use the Dark Spark/Lv. 5 Death combo!

...You know maybe it was a good thing I took a break from this playthough. At least it's almost over.

The next game update (Ep. 16) is gonna be out any day now, which will probably be another 5 or so videos

I messed up title screen editing for this video but redoing it is effort

e: the obtainable list got updated this morning so for sure any day now

Edited by Paperblade

The water is blue again! But we still feel blue inside.

Titania is ungrateful, Shade alliterates to anonymity, Julia returns when her time was long past, and finally Tanjela can learn how to spread her wings and fly. With currently one episode left before we have to wait for more. Thanks, Reborn team!

Oh my, Flobot returns with a S A V A G E vengeance!

... You know, what would happen if the player, after coming from the sewer plant but before going back to Amaria's pad, deposited and released all potential Surf Pokémon they have and cleared fighting Solaris only to witness the Gym being flodded and the player denied access to return outside without Surf? Would they be stuck in that small area with the Heal Machine and PC with nowhere to go? I doubt Julia would help you. Sometimes you have to account for Unwinnable by Insanity when designing something.

Yes actually! No man's an island, but Cinnibar becomes your prison. I know D/P/Pt has a moment like this as well involving a Magikarp trade on an island.

Come out of your seaCiel and dance in the air(because that Seel pun from last time made me cringe)! (Ciel's sprites look fairly decent actually, but jeez that Talonflame sprite is bigMcLargehuge)

oh shit she has Mega Altaria, respect for Ciel UP.

Good way to end for now after the copious amount of trash we had to sift through. But now we must go back and sleep until the next time...

So what have we learned!?

That what Paperblade theorized about only 18% of Reborn's Gym Leaders are actually trustworthy citizen is true. rip in peace for now Reborn.