Long time lurker, first time poster.

Mikhail Naumov

Hello, people of Serenes Forest. I've lurked here for the absolute longest time, not usually much, but I do a lot of FE googling and it sometimes ends up taking me here. I finally figured I'd join. I'm not much of a forum junkie, but being an introvert, even with an eventful life I still end up with too much free time on my hands.

About me, my name is Mikhail Naumov, I was born in Serbia in 1992 and lived there until 2005, upon which my family brought me to Tennessee in the US and essentially left my ass. I was adopted, then I left that family. Now I'm an electrical engineer by degree and profession and I work from home. I had a shit life for a long time, now I have a fairly great life. I'm a pretty neutral person and overall a recluse. That's about all I feel is worth sharing about me.

As far as Fire Emblem goes, it's BY FAR my favorite series. I've always been a gamer, though I've never been one of those stereotypical gamers who stays up into the wee hours before morning (I do this anyway, but not because of gaming, because I'm not a huge day person and I work from home.) sweating and munching down Doritos while I call in my CoD killstreaks; screaming into a microphone about how useless my team is. I am PC Gamer when I do game, and even though I have a 4K gaming PC, I mostly use it for emulating older FE games.

My love for the Fire Emblem series is borderline an obsession. It's the only gaming I do seriously for hours on end, usually every day. I recently bought an original Wii along with an $80 used copy of PoR and a $45 used copy of RD just to experience the games outside of emulators. That's all that Wii will EVER be used for, those two games. Dolphin is great, but it has plenty of problems. The only FE games I emulate at this point are the ones in Japanese. FE1-6 and FE12. FE7 and FE8 I play on an old Gamecube with a GBA addon for big screen action, FE9 and FE10 I play on the previously mentioned dedicated Wii console, FE11, FE13 and the FE14 titles I play on my 3DS. I do own a FEW games outside of the three Fates titles, the DS Shadow Dragon and Awakening for the 3DS, but I bought a N3DS XL JUST to play the newer Fire Emblems. Like I said, borderline obsession.

I've never been a huge proponent of hacks and mods. Not that I have anything against them, I have played two, but overall I can get plenty of fun out of the original games themselves. I've also played and enjoyed emulated/translated versions of the TR Saga series. I've played (and beaten on all modes) every single FE game and FE spinoff to completion several times. My least favorites are probably Gaiden (Not sure why this one even exists, it's not a bad game but it's so unlike every other FE, and Celica's dual healing can be a bit game breaking at times.) and Thracia 776. The reason for 776 is because I had such high expectations built up for that game, everyone said it would be as hard as Lunatic mode is on Fates: Conquest and it wasn't. The entirety of the difficulty of 776 comes from the reinforcement spawns that attack you immediately, but by the time I played 776 I was already made used to this by the harder difficult modes on other FE's. 776 is very easy if you're not playing it blind or if you're used to reinforcement spawns. Also, fuck Leaf. Take away that Light sword and he's one of the worst Lords in FE (Though really this is only in the start.), though he by no means beats Roy in terms of uselessness.

Conquest and Path of Radiance are my two favorite games. I like Conquest because unlike SO MANY of the newer Fire Emblem titles, it does not baby you and present umpteen billion opportunities to grind your ass into god mode and the harder difficulties are ACTUALLY hard. PoR is another because while the game itself is a fucking cake walk (though it's nothing compared to Sacred Stones or Awakening Normal mode in terms of easiness.) it had what I personally feel is the best story line in the series as well as some phenomenal world building. It really laid out a red carpet for Radiant Dawn, which I did enjoy but I feel a lot of the potential RD had story wise was wasted due to the way they executed it. It was sort of like Sacred Stones, a bit too ambitious for its own good. This of course is just my opinion.

I was introduced to FE a long time ago with the first international release, FE7 on the GBA. Then FE8, then the GC/Wii titles, and it's been an obsession ever since. I know that's a rather long intro, but, I type fast and this honestly took about ten minutes. I don't see myself posting a ton, so, I felt like I might as well give a good greeting.

Edited by Mikhail Naumov

Welcome to the Forest, Mikhail Naumov!

Also, fuck Leaf. Take away that Light sword and he's one of the worst Lords in FE (Though really this is only in the start.), though he by no means beats Roy in terms of uselessness.

Ahaha, I must agree with you on that.

Also, that's a hell lot of writing for an introduction.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome, Mikhail Naumov.

I'm not sure you'd see it this way, but your story is pretty inspirational to me. Excellent job getting to where you are.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm finally getting around to playing through GotHW again today. I really like the SNES Fire Emblem games in the sense that chapters (ESPECIALLY GotHW) last a lot longer. Seems like when I play FE6-FE13 that I just end up blitzing through the game after the initial chapters are over and I have a good team. To be fair GotHW isn't exactly hard at first because with a healer Sigurd could essentially solo the maps.