Sage's Sprite Gallery

SageHarpuiaJDJ

Hi SF! It's actually been awhile since I've actually haven't completed a sprite, like a few months, so I'll be taking requests and whatnot to help with my derusting and inspiration.

0tyk4pg.png
A Pseudo-CvS style that I did when the style piqued my interests. I still do this style, but I've yet to perfect it.

0Vt1tQi.png
I remembered trying to make the style a bit bigger to help in terms of detail, and I thought that Eirika would be a good design to practice on. It needs some huge refinements here and there, but I like the general shaping and lineart.

WYwtlAB.png

VP9V5bW.png

Eirika again, but in SSF2's pseudo-JUS style. I wasn't planning on being a dev; did it just for fun. Really liked what I did.

LKNVeOF.png
The original Myrm Lord, Lyn, in the same style as Eirika, but this one is older. The one in the middle was a reference edit for the colors. I can't remember if the left or the right one was the one with the fixes, because I was told that the colors needed to be darker.

bkru8MI.png
Giro from MMZX in the same style, and Heiachi in a similar style.

ryN6BFE.png
I was just brainstorming and came up with this design. Not sure what I was planning with it though.

Now for some incomplete stuff...
4IEV0BM.png
Roy with his Sm4sh redesign. This came before Eirika, but somehow the poses were exactly the same, which is weird because I referenced her GBA sprite like I did with Roy.

qBeOOeZ.png
Chun-Li. I still needed to improve the anatomy and the general base colors. Also, the red boxes were placeholder areas for Kyo and either Ryo, Terry, or Leona, and the Ryu was a quick edit I did of my Ken sprite.

psvy2Jd.png
Cable from the Marvel Universe as a request. He wasn't too complicated, but being the lazy bastard I am, I never got around to finish him or even start my other requests. I want to break out of that soon.

BkhORHi.png
And my most recent unfinished sprite, Zinnia from ORAS. Why did I decide to do that hunched down pose? The lineart is good imo, but the cape is gonna be a royal pain in the arse.

That pretty much covers most of my recent stuff. Like, Comment, Subscribe Tell me what you think!

Also, since there's a lot of threads here dedicated to FE GBA sprites and portraits, I was wondering what's the general guidelines for them? Like size, color limits, etc.? I'm actually interested in learning the style myself.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

Hi SF! It's actually been awhile since I've actually haven't completed a sprite, like a few months, so I'll be taking requests and whatnot to help with my derusting and inspiration.

0tyk4pg.png

Also, since there's a lot of threads here dedicated to FE GBA sprites and portraits, I was wondering what's the general guidelines for them? Like size, color limits, etc.? I'm actually interested in learning the style myself.

Hey, these aren't too bad! They're actually pretty good. Ads for GBA, there are a few things to keep in mind. The size should be no bigger than what is known as the hack box.

kI9Q1hP.png?1 (This is the hack box, the actual portrait goes into that large green thing above the red squares.)

As for colors, it should be no more than 16. When making the actual portraits, I recommend using the colors from the actual existing GBA fe portraits, and referencing them for proportions and shading. Reference FE7 and FE8 only, fe6 mugs are pretty bad.

Oooh, these are radical! Don't forget to add Zinnia's croissant boob things, they're the best part about her design.

Anyways, regarding GBA stuff, the talking frames are always in one spot, so you have to perfectly align it and then make your frames based off the area on which the frames are overlayed.

Oooh, these are radical! Don't forget to add Zinnia's croissant boob things, they're the best part about her design.

Anyways, regarding GBA stuff, the talking frames are always in one spot, so you have to perfectly align it and then make your frames based off the area on which the frames are overlayed.

I might be interpreting this wrong, but you can move the talking and blinking frames - they just have to be aligned to the grid, which you can use Usenti to easily see.

b4d07afffdb948d29bd931225ef39b22.png

then when inserting you can drag the frames around in feditor into the right spot

20981ea71d4d4824a54f5a0b66a77a52.png

inb4 i just misunderstood what you were saying

On the sprites themselves: they look great! Those Eirikas <3

I-

I never realized you can move them around, deary me. You still have to be very wary of where they go and how they fit with the main sprite, but I never thought how useful that could be for some poses.

Hey, these aren't too bad! They're actually pretty good. Ads for GBA, there are a few things to keep in mind. The size should be no bigger than what is known as the hack box.

http://i.imgur.com/kI9Q1hP.png?1 (This is the hack box, the actual portrait goes into that large green thing above the red squares.)

As for colors, it should be no more than 16. When making the actual portraits, I recommend using the colors from the actual existing GBA fe portraits, and referencing them for proportions and shading. Reference FE7 and FE8 only, fe6 mugs are pretty bad.

Thanks for the tips and the guide! What are the other boxes for since the green area is used for the portraits?

Thanks for the tips and the guide! What are the other boxes for since the green area is used for the portraits?

The two purple boxes are for blinking frames, fully closed on the bottom.

The red boxes are for talking frames. The right-most red box is used in the stat screen.

The next-rightmost should be for Smiling Closed Mouth on top and Normal Closed Mouth on bottom-- then the leftmost are Smiling Open Mouth and Normal Closed Mouth, with the one in the middle being a halfway.

Then the 32x32 box above the purple is for the chibi.

• 1 month later...

^There's needs to be tutorials like that lol. Informative yet filled with personality. I'll start learning the style once I get to the groove

anyways:

LPrm1qt.png

A few years ago I had this idea of Remixing Mega Man, and these were the old designs. I'm now going back to this, but now the story is gonna be rewritten and the designs revamped. Starting with 'Zero'

i4ZnApb.png I think I made the upper body too small, but other than that I like how it came out. Just need to redo the hair(it was gonna be a generic long hair style) and shade. Thoughts?

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

f75SmQD.png

Oh hey, Something Fire Emblem related. It's Female, edited from Eirika, but I decided to make her taller since I don't really work with super small sprites. I know the shadow isn't correct, but I don't wanna shade over the axe. How's my first FE attempt?

• 2 weeks later...