Do bond units serve any practical purpose?

Alastor15243

Even by the earliest time you can get them, level 1 is laughably low. I mean there's always grinding, but even then are they really worth the investment? The only use I've found for them is to put 2 procs (maybe more if you're lucky) on them and use them with Nohrian Trust for procstacking. Are there any other actually good uses?

I like them for aesthetic reasons since you can get all kinds of nice combos with hair, gender, and body types. Naming them is also something that I find a huge perk and I like to have several bond units to train up and keep in my logbook that fill various spots on my team for either Conquest or Birthright that I can't normally get class wise. As an example I have a bow knight I like to use in Birthright and a kinshi knight I like to use in Conquest. I keep them in the logbook and use them when I need additional support or members like when I'm grinding new characters I just got in the last chapter.

Well, they can easily become OP if you get lucky with their personal skill. I've got one that has Bloodthirst and I gave her Galeforce so she can abuse it. Now, shes on my team all the time because she easily kills anything within reach. even with a joke weapon, she does between 25-35 damage a hit.

I'm doing a fates: unlimited blade works inspired run and my bond units are all named after servants from the fates universe. I haven't leveled them up yet but I have some interesting ones with potential.

Arturia (Saber Class)
Personal skill: Sol
Inherited: Quixotic, Aptitude
Mercenary, Samurai

Carmilla (Assassin Class)
Personal Skill: Lethality

Spear Fighter, Samurai

Mordred (Saber Class)

Personal Skill: Quick Draw

Inherited: Swordfaire, Quixotic

Mercenary, Samurai

Semiramis (Assassin Class)

Inherited: Gamble, Swordfaire

Samurai, Fighter

I enjoy potential of rolling for awesome :P Lethality as a personal skill is pretty broken.

You do have to grind them up from level 1, but if the RNG is with you, you can get fantastic Personal Skills - you can get nearly any class skill as well as most characters' own Personal Skills. Of course, this requires luck, and most of them are going to be garbage, but the potential is there.

And of course, having an army of Corrins. That's also cool (or not, if you hate Corrin).

I'm doing a fates: unlimited blade works inspired run and my bond units are all named after servants from the fates universe. I haven't leveled them up yet but I have some interesting ones with potential.

Arturia (Saber Class)

Mercenary, Samurai

Spear Fighter, Samurai

Mordred (Saber Class)

Mercenary, Samurai

Samurai, Fighter

I enjoy potential of rolling for awesome :P Lethality as a personal skill is pretty broken.

Woah, might actually do it as well

Arturia (Saber Class)

Mercenary, Samurai

Spear Fighter, Samurai

Mordred (Saber Class)

Mercenary, Samurai

Samurai, Fighter

Loved the anime and especially its theme song. This seems like an interesting play through but wouldnt Arturia be a Paladin since

<spoiler> Shes a famous Knight </Spoiler>. Or would Paladin make her more of a Rider Class? Was the other Saber from Manga, i dont remember anyone else being designated as saber?

Sorry for not properly tagging the spoiler, How do you do the spoiler tag?

Edited by Mysteryshadow5`

This seems like an interesting play through but wouldnt Arturia be a Paladin since Shes a famous Knight

Or would Paladin make her more of a Rider Class? Was the other Saber from Manga, i dont remember anyone else being designated as saber?

Arturia Pendragon doesn't really ride a horse when she is summoned, despite her high riding skill. She does occasionally ride a motorcycle when her Ride skill was boosted to A rank under Kiritsugu, but under Rin and Shiro her ride skill was only B rank. She can basically ride anything that isn't a divine beast so paladin is not out of the question. The reason I went with a mercenary though was for a Hero class version of Arturia with Sol (personal skill) and Aether for as much holy-ish effect as possible (although I can also use a seal on her to make her a great lord, which is another awesome option). There is at least 18 Saber class servants in the Fates universe that I can think of off the top of my head (a couple hero's can qualify for multiple classes, such as Hercules who qualifies for all classes but caster). Another option would have been to name that particular bond unit Souji Okita and end up in the sword master or master of arms class.