Power Master's Power Master Thread

Alex95

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stephan_by_powermaster64-daikkyv.png

This is what I have done of Stephan's sprite sheet so far. I edited slightly since posting it on DeviantArt, I fixed that weird bump in his hair. I'm also not entirely sure what to do with the "death" set of sprites yet. Still experimenting with that, but so far, Stephan's the only one with them.

jennifer_by_powermaster64-dajxlq1.png

This is Jennifer. She has long, Palutena-length hair, and I added a shadow on the ground for the hair. I thought that'd be a nice touch. :D Her head looks a bit thick here, but I shortened it after posting.

hamilton_by_powermaster64-dajxlz7.png

I had a hard time getting Hamilton to look right, but eventually, I had to settle for removing the spikes on his armor. I couldn't get them to animate right. His battle sprite should have them, though I have yet to get to those...

helen_by_powermaster64-dak155a.png

Helen's attire changed vastly upon the transition to MV. I like the way the dress came out, but I'm a little iffy on the way the hair animates. I have trouble getting those down.

Will post more later.

Edited by Power Master

15232287_1343227545722039_16169649252238

Drew up some concepts of the characters. Looks largely unfinished now. Plan is to scan them and touch them up on the computer. From left to right, it's Stephan, Jennifer, Hamilton, and Helen. Likely only going to use the neck up in-game, but I'm still going over the options.

Been working on the more behind-the-scenes stuff, trying to ensure that the proper mechanics of the game play out before actually moving forward to what the game looks like. Here are some of the weapons in the database and a number of the scripts that will be at work.

Power Master 1 MV and Power Master 2 will both run on the same engine, so I'm trying to develop them both at the same time. They will share the same tilesets to make it easier on me, though the mechanics and database stuff will be slightly different.

15271799_1348135215231272_7596933225189915235922_1348135225231271_19379931381932

stephan_by_powermaster64-daqyo00.png

Working on the face portraits of Stephan, trying to come up with a good basis for the rest. I can tell I'm getting better, though some things, like highlights, I just can't quite get. So I added a glow effect to the one on the right, which gave him a bright face...

idk, thoughts/tips? How is it?

• 5 months later...

Majorly bumping this thread to say that 1) I am still working on this, and development is progress rather smoothly, to the point where 2) I have demo of Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV! If you want to, you can download it on either Windows, Linux, or Mac here: https://powermaster.itch.io/power-master-1-a-strange-journey-mv-demo

I'll be working on a Steam version as well later today, and I have someone to contact about getting it on Nintendo eShops as well. Um... wikia has some more info on the game, and uh, yeah. Hello again! I've been mostly lurking, sporadically posting. Maybe I'll continue to update this thread? I've been more focused on, well, the game itself, as well as my duties on the MarioWiki. But maybe I'll try to be more active here.

I'd post some development images here, but I don't know how to do that with the new forum update, so uuuuuhhhh... If you want to see what I've been up to, you can view the thread over on the Mario Forums?

o/

Edited by Power Master
tipo

• 1 year later...

Whoo, lookit, another major bump! Been a while, but got stuff to say :) I don't plan on posting much here anymore, but may pop in to say hi sometimes.

Well, biggest update is got a new demo of A Strange Journey MV. Only took me, what, a year and a half? Progress has been slow...

Second biggest update is new Patreon! $10 tier will allow you to get later updates (which will happen more frequently).

Links to everything I do is in my itch.io profile: https://powermaster.itch.io/

Hello! Follow things I do to keep updated :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Total necrobump, but the stuff is relevant, I promise :))))))))))

There's been plenty of stuff happening over the past 4.5 years since this thread was last updated. Power Master: A Strange Journey MV is still a thing, wiki is still a thing, content is progressing slowly but surely. Abusive relationship problems ended up costing almost two years of development time, but it's still going. All the characters have been designed, still implementing things into the game. Don't have a release time window yet, but I'm not giving up on it.

The full cast is here and ready, let's keep it rolling.

Dark Wall Logo.png

• 6 months later...