Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DaveLeon

Confusion with growths

Recommended Posts

Hi there. I was messing around with Nightmare and I saw that, for example, Raven's base stats are the mercenary's base stats PLUS his character's base stats.

But then I saw that there are class growths and character growths, separately.

But, I mean, they cannot be added to result into the final growths, right? It would be silly that Rave had 160% HP growth (80+80).

So have the character growths have priority over the class growths, or how does this work?

Thanks a lot :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

class growths are for enemies and calculating hard mode bonuses for PC characters.

unlike FE11 and beyond, class and personal growths are not added together to get a character's actual growths.

Edited by Irysa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

class growths are for enemies and calculating hard mode bonuses for PC characters.

unlike FE11 and beyond, class and personal growths are not added together to get a character's actual growths.

Thanks, all clearified now ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Character growths and class growths are separate things. Character growths are the growths that a playable character uses and determine the odds of a given stat increasing on a level up. Class growths are used by enemy and NPC units and determine what their stats are when autoleveled. So say, for example, there's a level 10 enemy female archer who is set to autolevel and has the class bases as her bases and her base level is 1, she would receive 9 level ups using the class growths for a female archer which would determine her final stats. Because it's RNG based, her final stats could be different if you decide to reset the chapter, but enemy stats seldom stray too far from their averages, so you likely wouldn't see any drastic changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, ok. So these class growths are used to create enemy units, but they have a maximum depending on the level I assume. Because it would be awkward if an enemy got extremely lucky with its level-ups and got massively good stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the thing is it doesn't actually run a X amount of levelups on each enemy. Instead the unit's class growth is multiplied by the amount of levels, and some other tomfoolery happens to deduce a total growth rate that is ran once.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Generating_Enemy_Stats_%28GBA%29

Quick example from the Soldiers in Chapter 11 of Hector Normal Mode.

Soldier class bases

HP    ST    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS
20    03    00    01    00    00    00

There are two Soldiers in this Chapter that are level 5, so they are 4 levels from the class base.

Soldier class Strength Growth rate is 50.

50*4 = 200

200/8 = 25

25*7 = 175

25*9 = 225

This means that the level 5 Soldiers are guaranteed to get at least one proc of Strength for a total of 4. At minimum, they have a 75% chance of getting a second proc to put them at 5. At maximum, they are certified the second proc and have a 25% chance of getting a third proc to put them at 6.

I'm not entirely sure how the game determines the 7/8 or 9/8 value though (or whether it's entirely variable between 7/8 and 9/8, or just fixed to 7/8, 8/8 or 9/8) so I can't calculate the actual chances of a 4 Strength Soldier versus a 5 or 6 Strength one. Extra bonuses like Hard Mode Bonuses or Promoted Enemy Bonus have the levelup routines ran afterwards instead of totaling the growth rate, so the average stats of enemies are a bit lower than what one may expect if you just added all the bonus levels together into a single number.

Edited by Irysa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...