The official Sothe Sucks thread

Mufasa

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volke also has 32(capped) strength after gaining only 3 levels.

Now add that to the "Volke rape equation"...

Or only one if he had the cap from Por.

The volke from my broken playthrough comes with capped Spd, Hp, and nearly capped in Skill and Str.

RNG seems to hate him though.

32?

that's the strength my Marcia and Nephenee had on my last playthrough!

:o

now add that insane critical.....

That's also the strength that Edward and Stefan have around 20/20/20....

True. But Sothe is on the DB. Which gives him a disadvantage there as well.

Not really... due to how crappy the DB can be, you'd probably use Sothe and he's also forced in the endgame chapters so you may as well use him to avoid headaches. Plus he has access to Beastfoe and a chapter that's packing plenty of them.

Heather spends time with the Uber Mercenaries, you've got plenty of other units who beat her in combat (why bother using her) so she won't get much use unless you're really committed to training her.

its final, im gonna do a whisper/assassin/Ike run through next :D

stole the words right out of my mouth!

this thread should totally be in the RD section. its actually useful and not full of spam

One possible strategy is to have him steal experience without stealing any from the DB, if you know what I mean. ^^

I know. And I do that. I even take his weapons away so he gets exp from people targetting only him. (Remember, I have him capped in everything but Skill, Spd, and str, with my broken playthrough, so it's easier for me. Hell, I don't even need him to get to level 20 before his class change. )

Somehow I think that Lethality equation isn't quite right. I doubt they'd give us a free pass to kill any enemy in a single shot.

But Sothe is great in Radiant Dawn. He's totally amazing until endgame, which is where he's needed the least.

Somehow I think that Lethality equation isn't quite right. I doubt they'd give us a free pass to kill any enemy in a single shot.

But Sothe is great in Radiant Dawn. He's totally amazing until endgame, which is where he's needed the least.

It's not a Lethality equation. It's the chance of Volke killing an enemy with either a critical or Lethality, and that's assuming the critical will be enough to kill the enemy, but nonetheless, I just noticed that that equation was missing something...

Volke gets an automatic +25 to his crit for being an assassin.

With a Stilleto, he gets another +20 to his critical.

With 40 skill, he gets another +20 to his critical.

With Gamble, that doubles his critical.

All together, that's a 130% chance of a critical if and only if Volke hits the enemy. Also, even if the enemy had 30 luck, which I highly doubt, Volke would still have a 100% chance of a critical.

Also, with 40 skill, Volke's Lethality rate is 20%.

So 130% critical and a 20% Lethality all together, make a 150% chance of Volke activating something.

This doesn't factor in the fact that Volke will likely double-attack an enemy, thus, giving him another chance to critical or activate Lethality. Wow...I never realized how godly Volke is on paper...

Edited by Fireman

Adding Gamble isn't really helping. If his chance to hit at all is too low, he won't be killing as often as it seems. And I really don't think you can add the critical chance with the Lethality chance. They have nothing to do with each other. He has a great critical chance without Gamble and a great Mastery skill. He's great, but it seems you're over-hyping him.

Adding Gamble isn't really helping. If his chance to hit at all is too low, he won't be killing as often as it seems. And I really don't think you can add the critical chance with the Lethality chance. They have nothing to do with each other. He has a great critical chance without Gamble and a great Mastery skill. He's great, but it seems you're over-hyping him.

No...I'm not overhyping him at all Fox.

No joke, I've had it where Volke uses gamble, has a 100% hit rate, and a 100% critical rate.

And Sothe is an EXP hog in the beginning, then a liability for the whole rest of the game.

If you had to name one character as the Jeigan in RD, it'd be Sothe.

No...I'm not overhyping him at all Fox.

No joke, I've had it where Volke uses gamble, has a 100% hit rate, and a 100% critical rate.

And Sothe is an EXP hog in the beginning, then a liability for the whole rest of the game.

If you had to name one character as the Jeigan in RD, it'd be Sothe.

Seriously? Wow, I didn't know that was possible. Was it normal mode?

Sothe is never a liability. A liability is someone that has a hard time staying alive, and that is not a problem with Sothe. He's awesome through part 3, pretty good in part 4, and ok in the endgame. He's great where he's needed.

Gamble halves the user's chance to hit. Although 100% is the maximum, for Gamble it uses their true hit (which would be their hit if 100% wasn't the maximum for hit), so if a unit uses Gamble and they would have 200% chance to hit then they'll have 100% chance to hit with Gamble.

Gamble halves the user's chance to hit. Although 100% is the maximum, for Gamble it uses their true hit (which would be their hit if 100% wasn't the maximum for hit), so if a unit uses Gamble and they would have 200% chance to hit then they'll have 100% chance to hit with Gamble.

Then you must take into account an enemy's avoid.

Seriously? Wow, I didn't know that was possible. Was it normal mode?

Sothe is never a liability. A liability is someone that has a hard time staying alive, and that is not a problem with Sothe. He's awesome through part 3, pretty good in part 4, and ok in the endgame. He's great where he's needed.

Well it was on easy mode, but I remember trying it on normal, and his hit was still around 80, with a 100% critical. So he's still psycho.

And I guess Sothe isn't a liability. (At least no more than any DB character) but he can't kill anything. Only weaken them at best.

I've never really tried using him on the dragon chapter without dragonfoe, but I imagine if I did, he probably couldn't hurt anyone.

Well, this is Volke's highest possible accuracy in the game. (average level 20 stats, with Baselard, the highest Biorhythm bonus, a Heaven affinity A support, and a height bonus)

Weapon Hit + (Skill x 2) + Luck + Weapon triangle bonus(none) + Biorhythm bonus + Buddy support bonus + Leadership bonus(has none) + Affinity bonus(I didn't count this because Volke is a wind affinity, and the only map that's a Wind affinity that you can use Volke is the Izuka one) + Height bonus

100+(40x2)+20+10+27+50=287% hit

This isn't factoring in an enemy's avoid.

Edited by Fireman

Overall, I'd say Sothe is better than Volke. Sothe is highly useful throughout the game, while Volke can easily never be used. He's better than Sothe for Endgame, but that's pretty much all he's available for...

Overall, I'd say Sothe is better than Volke. Sothe is highly useful throughout the game, while Volke can easily never be used. He's better than Sothe for Endgame, but that's pretty much all he's available for...

That's a good argument I'll try to counter it...

BAM, most useful in endgame. The most important chapter. And to counter myself:

Sothe is actually supposed to go to endgame, Volke does not. So we mine-as-well make Sothe better instead of Volke.

That argument doesn't mean that Sothe is better than Volke though. It just means you have to take Sothe, so why bother taking Volke?

Statistically, Volke pretty much trumps Sothe in everywhere that matters. And though Sothe is there for most of the game, that doesn't mean he's any good.

Meg is there for most of the game, but no one ever uses her.

Sothe is forced. That's all he really has going for him. If he wasn't forced, I'd bet you anything that people would ditch him for Volke in a heartbeat.

I just dislike Sothe's caps and animation <_<

I was expecting something a bit better....though he still is a amazing unit with Baselard. He's not that bad compared to other units

Volko rocks :lol: I love his skill lethality ^_^