Lol, wut?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is GhebFE a quality hack?

• Yes, I unironicly enjoy it
    • I think it's so bad it's good
    • I think it's so okay, it's average
    • No, but I have a bile fascination with it
    • I think it's so bad, it's horrible

I have a bile fascination with it myself.

I wasn't sure which section this would belong under, so I just went with FFTF because nothing is off topic here.

Edited by Matthewtheman

with that said its pretty damn bad when its not being entertaining with its badness.

This is true. I don't even think the tasteless and offensive dialogue is the worst part of the Gheb games, because at least that holds your attention and is fun to mock, I find the worst is when the dialogue gets straight up boring, such as when MFV is doing one of her many rants.

Nope. Aside from the programming, which was impressive for its time, it's a poorly designed, poorly written piece of tryhard garbage. The only reason I read through the LPs of it and GhebSaga is a combination of trainwreck syndrome and morbid curiosity.

I stole the final boss's weapon in my playthrough, no joke.

it was ridiculous and felt more like an nes era "everyone is now a penis nazi" style of hack with the same kind of testing (a lot of the descriptive text just died, I dtole the final boss's weapon, etc.)

it was tired and bad even when it came out in like 2008 when the internet was most likely to go along with that humour

Edited by Tryhard

The game itself wasn't that bad. If I recall correctly it was enjoyably difficult in the first half but quickly devolved into FE8 style easiness. I also don't remember the humor being as awful as everyone complains it was, even with the Gheb/lolirape shenanigans.

So bad it's good but it's actually not that bad. A lot of stuff is pretty funny and overall it's better written then Fire Embem Awakening for sure.

MFV still is very annoying and the portal stuff is very random.