Dinar87's first battle sprite gallery!!

Dinar87

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your game mock-ups look cool. :):

Thanks for the compliment! :Santhos: What would you like to see me make next?

Also, if anyone's wondering why I linked that fire emblem animation and didn't post it here as a gif, it's because in order to see the guy's sword properly you can't have a pure white background.

Edited by Dinar87

I don't think it's considered necroposting if it's your own gallery thread. Besides that, a lot of these sprites are smooth, but a lot of people have forgotten to address one crucial thing- Shadows! It's actually incredibly hard to draw proper feet without them.

I don't think it's considered necroposting if it's your own gallery thread. Besides that, a lot of these sprites are smooth, but a lot of people have forgotten to address one crucial thing- Shadows! It's actually incredibly hard to draw proper feet without them.

I'm bad at a lot of things to do with making sprites since mine tend to be anatomically incorrect and somewhat cartoon y. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but the thing is that I eventually want to be able to make sprites in a more realistic style.

I think what I'll do about that is just keep practicing. Anything more and making sprites will start to feel like work rather than a fun activity.

Also I've updated the "fire stage" mock up that I've made...here it is again!

9m9m3FD.png

Annnd here's a link to the DA version of it. There's no difference other than it being on DA though

http://dinar87.deviantart.com/art/Another-game-mock-up-24-655149386

Edited by Dinar87

So I made...this...today. It's pretty shitty honestly but I was having such a hard time getting the feet to look right and I don't think I succeeded in the end. Here it is anyway...obviously still WIP...
6HX08vb.gif

I made these today just now. My teacher wanted a new standing pose and he likes the new one I've made. What do you guys think of it?
lAGpRbz.png
I've also created new animations for the separation of the upper and lower body. Why does both need to be separate? Because you don't want the running animations to reset when firing your gun during running.
wglnHuy.gif
saifTmQ.gif
UGVzi7B.gif
http://dinar87.deviantart.com/art/Another-turning-animation-656603131

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome fire gun, another great mockup ~ <3

I'm not sure if the purple bar is in the foreground or background or if it's used later with a weapon/tool (?), and the ammo icon got lost on the platform, but that's about all I can think of critically. When is your release date? ^^;

14 minutes ago, Lenh said:

Awesome fire gun, another great mockup ~ <3

I'm not sure if the purple bar is in the foreground or background or if it's used later with a weapon/tool (?), and the ammo icon got lost on the platform, but that's about all I can think of critically. When is your release date? ^^;

Thank you ^o^

The purple bars don't have a red outline around them meaning they aren't interactive. That's a shame the ammo icon gets lost on the platform but I don't see how I can fix that without breaking the current theme of colors and stuff.

I'm just making stuff in gimp currently so what you see doesn't exist yet even (in game form that is). However, if I still feel like doing this in the future, then it'l probably be done in a few years realistically...maybe even as much as 5 years. I know it's a long way away but I can't help but be honest with you. In fact, the truth is that I have no idea how long this'll take me to do...like at all. Sorry about that.