Dinar87's first battle sprite gallery!!

Dinar87

it looks SO much better than the first draft. I told you: the foundations are there, your work just needs a bit of refining :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, good job dude! I myself am having a tidbit of trouble doing scripts but I guess I'll learn once I've got the animation completed.

1 hour ago, Kyne said:

Holy shit, good job dude! I myself am having a tidbit of trouble doing scripts but I guess I'll learn once I've got the animation completed.

Well the animations wouldn't be nearly as good without people like you giving constructive criticism making it better...so thanks again! Though tbh I think I'm finished with that particular set of animations for the most part. I'm currently doing a complete sacred stones play through with this new Eirika. Also iron swords now have 30 crit because I wanted to test something but was too lazy to change it back.

As for helping you, this tutorial by blazer is EXTREMELY helpful.
http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/
Also this file I've attached is my new Erikia script feditor uses (though it's still not finished yet but I don't care at this second) so if you ever get stuck you can reference mine to see the orders of things like "Cwhatever" and other commands and stuff. Don't worry about the weird names for images since it matters more than you correctly link them in the script (i.e. spell them correctly and add .png to their ends) than what they're actually called.

Remember that images have to be 248x160 and, while it's not required on all or even any of the images, having a palette in the right corner (the extra 8 pixels that won't be seen can house the palette) does help since every color you use (and there must be 15 or less not including the background) must appear in every single frame otherwise feditor shits itself and you won't be able to progress sadly. Happened to me loads before I followed blazer's advice better. You can get away with placing the palette only in the frames that are "broken" though so there's that.

I think your animations will look amazing once they're done :)

pls workmagic.txt

Also here's the salvaged chat if you want anymore help.
https://discordapp.com/channels/191717474264285191/191717474264285191

Edited by Dinar87

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what the game looks like in motion (at least in gif form). Warning! I'm only showing you all this even though it has glitches up the arse because I though some people might like to see what in looks like playing it....as you might imagine it's not even close to being done so just bare that in mind.
http://dinar87.deviantart.com/art/Extremely-unfinished-game-1-678309835

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some game play of that game I'm working on. It's not pretty but this is actually what it looks like as of now. I also demonstrate the two most annoying bugs currently in the game as well.

New game play of my incomplete game

I really like all of this! I haven't much to critique on because it isn't FE style spriting but it all looks so cool. The only thing I have to say is that the huge text for saving seems a bit unnecessary.

2 hours ago, Agro said:

I really like all of this! I haven't much to critique on because it isn't FE style spriting but it all looks so cool. The only thing I have to say is that the huge text for saving seems a bit unnecessary.

Thanks for the feedback! I just hope one day my game will actually look like this instead of just these mock ups. I REALLY want to play another GBA-like metroid game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...