Dinar87's first battle sprite gallery!!

Dinar87

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad that I haven't uploaded anything in ages...sorry about that guys. I've started my a levels now and it's a lot of work to manage at the moment! But since so much time has passed,  by now I've already made a new demo of my game with lots of new stuff, like a new boss battle in sector 2, a full opening sequence showing what happens before the beginning of the game and finally I've redone all my player sprites so they're not as pillow shaded.
https://dinar87.itch.io/dinar87s-metroidvania-demo/devlog/98807/new-demo-better-shaded-player-sprites-and-some-other-stuff

blueguy.stand.leftbreath2.gif.bf77d6ff2dedc39c0891bf98d78e3d62.gifold player sprites

stand_left.gif.fec3f5a2717f04a4aa7f402ab089057f.gifnew ones, the far leg is properly shaded now, and the armor pieces are not pillow shaded any longer either, same for the rest of the sprite in general...this was done for EVERY SINGLE ONE of my player's sprites!!

Here's a link to a bigger gif of the newer sprites in action...
https://twitter.com/Dinar8777/status/1167386128107868160

Edited by Dinar87

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've done this today...let's see if this link displays as a gif, because unfortunately I've asked the mods and unless I delete some of my older posts' gifs, I can't upload anymore here.
h6IvSZM.gif

This is just a dead, corrupted version of my game's "Sector 2" area. For now it's mostly just a palette swap, but I'd like to make the changes more meaningful in the future.....

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd re-upload my most recent fire emblem custom animation as it now has custom map sprites, though I'm not sure what class to call it tbh.

Anyways, here it is...
pI5zS2n.gif

And here's the full animation.
kNXpuuu.gif

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...

I've made some more original-ish designs for my doors which now look a lot more different to metroid's doors than what they used to look like, and I've gotten rid of the metroid-like map HUD thingy too.
0GMkQ0l.gif

I'd like some thoughts on these animations for some new enemies I'm making...
ryZKzxJ.gif
and another one
surDaan.gif
for the bottom enemy, it's too hard to see on the white background, but he's shooting shotgun blasts from each cannon on each side.

Lastly we have mini cthulhu!
c3Pgabp.gif

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holy crap I haven't uploaded here in a month!? I guess I just kinda forgot about this place...

Anyways, here's some things I've made so far I wanted to share.
SsgupnL.gif
Alien relic
kjUdQ6h.gif
Powered down sector 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really need to make my game much more original than just copying metroid tbh...this is why I've made my player sprites different again.
W0d36eN.gif

Now I just need to think of some new core mechanics...maybe a sonar function from the start of the game, that can detect where XGA is+items are located BUT it has a chance of telling XGA where you are?

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy Jesus it's been a while again hasn't it since the last update!!! :facepalm: .......

Well anyway, I've been going through some rough personal stuff and have been REALLY confused on where to take my game next, I think this is called "mid game development hell". But right now at least I'm feeling more and more like I wanna go back to my original source of inspiration-Metroid Fusion, but just add maybe some new things here and there if there'll work with the rest of the game design.

oFcCudb.gif

I'm slowly getting back into working on my game, trying to make it more horror like while still keeping it metroid

Edited by Dinar87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more things...
Zjrn3Tr.gif
Walking left
Kq3ay7C.gif
Walking right
PyE8EDO.png
screen shot of boss in sector 3
NV7ZazJ.gif
Harambe

So yeah, I'd appreciate some feedback on how I can go forward with my game, since I'm getting confused again with it's current direction. I just can't figure out how to make more impacting environmental setpieces (like when in metroid fusion, the game mine is based off, the sa-x blasts through the wall and looks at you)..

Edited by Dinar87