Do all kills count for statue upgrades?

Farore

Maybe this was addressed somewhere, but so far I haven't been able to find anything about it- granted, I'm not great at searching stuff sometimes but well.

So, I was wondering; do the kills in dlc maps and my castle battles even count for the statue upgrades? I'm starting to think that they don't, as I have recruited Kana first and Shiro last, have definitely used Kana more often (at least, I thought so) but still no Kana statue; Midori, Shiro and Caeldori already have a statue. Now I have mostly been playing my castle battles and some dlc lately so I'm thinking that's probably it, but I am not entirely sure about the dlc. (so far I've been too lazy to actually start counting kills, maybe I'm overestimating Kana)

Another thing I've noticed is that profiteer never kicks in (on Midori or Azura) in my castle battles. Is that a stupid (and percentage-wise sort of impossible) coincidence, or can someone confirm my suspicion? I've tried using them a few times, nothing. In a normal battle it triggers almost every turn for Midori at least.

Kills from My Castle battles definitely count, even in Conquest where they are the only reliable option (barring DLC) to grind for them. I don't know about Profiteer in My Castle battles, though.

Edited by Sétanta

I believe any map in which your own unit (i.e. your Shiro and not HoF Shiro or Einherjar Shiro or something) gets a kill, it counts for statue purposes. One thing that probably doesn't count is the Arena (and I'm not even 100% sure of that), but maps where you deploy units and such like My Castle battles do.

My intuition is probably that any battle that counts as a W in the character's postgame credits profile is counted, and given my ludicrously high W count for certain characters in my grinding file it's reasonable to think Challenges and DLC count.

Kills in DLC maps (provided that the DLC map in question does allow you to use your own units) do count for statues.

Though in Birthright and Revelation, Plains of Hoshido (2 groups) map is the most efficient for grinding kills in my experience -- 22 kills per map, mostly open area with not much terrain.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Kills from My Castle battles definitely count, even in Conquest where they are the only reliable option (barring DLC) to grind for them. I don't know about Profiteer in My Castle battles, though.

Thanks (everyone), I probably overestimated his amount of actual kills after all. :)

profiteer does not work in my castle battles, but it does work in dlc chapters.

I've indeed had it trigger in dlc maps. Thanks for confirming this for me, this means I can definitely swap out those skills for better ones during castle battles- or use other units altogether.