Is It Possible For The Awakening Trio To Be In The Next Fire Emblem Game

IAmBadAtNames

Posible? Yes, it does exist that posibility. Probable? Not sure, while it seems that is true that the general recepcion of the trio was lukewar,there's no way to now if IS knows about that, and even if IS does actually know, nothing stops them from not acknoweldge it, and yet even if they do know and acknowledge there's no guarantee that IS will understand why. So while the proablity is no 100% it's most likely not 0% either.

Now, the more aparent important question: Does IS should do it ? Personaly, I say no, at least not in the main game canon story. I will be perfectly fine if it's some kind of extra, non canon stuff, but I think it will be better to not use the trio again in the main story of a game. Also, the general consensus in this thread seems to be: "No" wich is understandable in my opinion, the franchise should, in my opinion, use new settings and characters for the main game. Though that being said, for extra DLC or whatever I'm perfectly fine if they go with fanservice/legacy stuff.

The Awakening trio from Fates shouldn't return unless FE15 is a Fates sequel (doubtful) because it'd be illogical for them to go anywhere except return to Ylisse or remain in Nohr. I wouldn't mind something similar happening if it's original, but I doubt that it'll turn out to be original, so they should probably just pass up on it.

The reincarnations are pure fanservice and make the characters unoriginal so they should absolutely not return.

I personally appreciated them showing up in Fates, but it would get stale to have them appear again in FE15. IS can come up with plenty of characters without recycling old ones.

On a side note, is it ever made clear just what SOL are doing in Nohr? I've already completed Conquest, but their supports with each other weren't clear at all.