Anankos and Grima have the same face/mask?

CrazyFiasco

I saw how these two have similar face motifs in their design. With a comparsion between the two shown in the spoilers,

tumblr_nxv31jByAS1ua5w9do1_400.jpg

tumblr_nrcw1s13My1uzunw0o1_500.png

is it a coincidence or are the faces supposed to mean something entirely different?

o̶r̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶

I think it's just rehashing the same idea over again. A method that's pretty common in this series.

It wouldn't be that surprising if that was the case, it be cool if the faces had some meaning behind it.

Looking back at Anankos's mask form, the face looks a lot like Buddha's face lol

Edited by GoldenBlossoms

I never noticed Grima even having a mask. Well if the final boss in the next FE has this mask then it's no coincidence. This is an interesting thought to have in mind, but at the moment I can't seem to get an idea on what this means. Maybe it's because they're both dragons or something.

The idea is actually a bit different.

Grima's mask only appears after dealing a lot of damage to him, implying that it is his true face.

While Anankos's mask appears first, but later it is revealed that the mask is not his true face.

The idea is actually a bit different.

Grima's mask only appears after dealing a lot of damage to him, implying that it is his true face.

While Anankos's mask appears first, but later it is revealed that the mask is not his true face.

So Anankos used Grima's face as his mask? XD

iirc the lore of Fire Emblem generally has dragons descending into mortal realm, so maybe that's just what dragons in Fire Emblem look like?

It wouldn't surprise me if we got another dragon like Grima/Anankos, mask and almost-omnipotence in the next Fire Emblem and THEN get the backstory for all three: that they are three of twelve dragon who waged war against each other (as explained by the Rainbow Sage in Revelations), survived and got mad, because they lived too long.

And in the end, there will be the hilarious conclusion: It sucks being a dragon in a Fire Emblem game, because you're either stuck as lolicon fanservice (if you're female) or descend into madness and get killed by random dudes/gals (if you're male). [/joking]

But in all seriousness, it would be cool if that actually was the case.

In fact, that would be a cool way to link Awakening and Fates in a sequel: Grima is a descendant of Corrin or Kana who went insane, because he discovered some dark power, giving him necromancy and time travel powers and misused both, thus forcing the first Exalt to beat him.

Alternatively, Grima was once very friendly, but was corrupted by the third dragon, who will be the big bad of this game, and in addition to people slowly beginning to antagonize him, because they feared a second Anankos incident, he went on a rampage, thus forcing the first Exalt to beat him.

In the game, sometime before the final battle, you meet Anankos' and Grima's spirits and they tell you their stories and grant you their power so that you can go and kill the third dragon, who may or may not be more powerful than Anankos and Grima put together.

Get on it IS!

Edited by DragonFlames