The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

Balcerzak: I haven't submitted for a bit, because I wasn't sure what to pick that wasn't too similar to other things I've shared. But then I was reminded of this one. Have something German with a punky feel.

I have that problem too when it comes to picking songs to submit, so sometimes I'm lazy and just go with whatever even if it's pretty typical for me. I think it's something we all run into after submitting for long enough.

As for the song itself, I really dig it. The supporting strings in the softer sections were a very nice touch. I also heartily approve of the whistling outro.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh "tangerine dr" pulls up "tangerine dream weed" in google heheheheheh

I thought about submitting something from this album several months ago but decided against that because it was probably a little too, uh, much, even if it would be quite different from all of my Anarchist submissions at that point (and still is). Then Disinnocence submitted that 18 minute Archive song so I think this is okay now

I now hold the record for longest song submitted please don't try to outdo me otherwise I'll have to passively aggressively submit a longer song.  Unless it's a good song, then it's ok. 

Caravan: Ya like Jazz?  good, I do too.  i don't have anything intellectual to say about this song, because i'm not WELL-VERSED in the jazz world, but it's good and that's all there is. 

Schrei nach Liebe: thumbnail quality is not indicative of the musical contents. its pretty nice.  

Phaedra: quietly googles "how to smoke weed tutorial" some very goob and nice cinematic ambient space music, if a little unsettling, but that's what I like about it.  i feel like tangerine dream probably plays when in space, contrary to the popular opinion of NOTHING.  

disiNNoceNce: some of you will probably know this song from HOTLINE MIAMI from the scene where the man with the chicken head is asking you questions about hurting people or something I don't really know.

>hasn't played hotline miami

Yes of course, the chicken head man. A fitting song for that scene. (it is actually to my taste, though I've forgotten what I was going to say about it so I went with the useless shit I'm typing right now)

there's no need to play hotline miami to appreciate how good this song is, so it's all ok. 

All Night: ABRUPT ENDING IS JARRING, but don't worry the song is still LEGIT.  I... don't remember all of coloring book, but I do remember this song. 

Backseat Freestyle: I PRAY MY DICK GET BIG AS THE EIFFEL TOWER 

uhhh, listen to the rest of the coconuts' ep (I think it's self-titled).  it's pretty good.  there's not much to say about it. 

disinnocEncE: some goob post-hardcore with colorful lyrical style and some SICK GUITAR sounds.

Initial reaction: is this what System of a Down would sound like if they weren't bad?

Final thoughts: I'd agree with the description that the guitar sounds are sick and I like his vocal style; in short, I dig the sound and tone. Didn't catch the lyrics but I'll believe you on that.

fuccboi: i'm still struggling to find my peace

Tbh I really dig this. It feels chill but still has some energy so it's not a bore, y'know? Vocals are also pretty nice. Good stuff.

Sometimes the struggle is worth it, I guess

Edited by Knight Falchion

disinnocencE: i'd write something about this but im in a rush

Well I'm not, so I'll say that while I wasn't into it at first, that changed as the song developed. Quite like the sound, will check out the rest of the album

Edited by Knight Falchion
i forgot to bold. i am bad at this.

pineapple on pizza is a sin

Honkey Tonk Heroes: it may possibly be a dumb phrase, but it's a good song.  I like the way the song shifts in the more... EXCITING section.  plus I can't deny harmonica. 

Goalkeeper: beaten to the american football joke, but I like the nostalgic sound to the song.  dreamy, but with some louder elements to prevent me from completely falling asleep.  very nice. 

All At Once: I hate myself for not remembering the band this song reminds me so much of, but I really like the build up and the percussion is nice.  fun, vibrant sound. 

Black Lake Niðstång: I've been meaning to check out agalloch for quite some time now and since I've finally heard something by them, I think i'll finally get on that.  the blend of multiple sounds and genres turns out really nicely and the atmosphere is beautiful.  perfect winter soundtrack. 

pales horses is really good check the band out I guess I don't wanna write about why.  that's too much work. 

kodama was my favorite alcest release of 2016 (coincidentally being their only), so I mean give that a shot too.  you should know by now that everything is good.  

Edited by Disinnocence

diisiinnocence: i forgot about my BURNING PASSION for this band, but now i remember why these guys are still one of my all time favorites. i'll be honest though, as much as i adore this song, i always feel the majority of the song doesn't live up to the first 3 minutes. it's still stellar, but that first section is just divine.

I'll listen later

@Lunar Wilderness: ok, I'm gonna speak some heresy, but I still much prefer their work in Coma Ecliptic to their other stuff. It's not even just that the vocals are mostly harsh, I don't like the instrumentals here as much as in, say, King Redeem, Queen Serene either. This is still a good song imo but I'd rather listen to something off of the aforementioned album.

fucc: song starts at 3:32 if the link doesn't work. this is the singer from midori of fucc fame

I thought I recognized the vocals lmao

Tight shit as expected since I loved Midori