The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole album ended up being good imo, but Devil is Fine's probably the best track

give us this day our daily satan so i can make bad jokes about being sacrilegious or m-m-maximum edge

On 3/3/2017 at 7:40 PM, Disinnocence said:

been busy the past few days but I'll post thoughts later tonight. 

two days later but I'm not dead I promise (but I sure wish I was hahahaha) let's move on with the program

Something In Japanese: mmm I can't get enough of this shit I'll be sure to listen to the entire thing later.  as per usual great shit very goob <3

The Mollusk: reminds me of some bends-era radiohead which coincidentally I think I brought up last time ween was posted.  cool song, and I think I like it better than the other one. 

Road: oddly enough, I was prompted to check out nick drake because of boris, because their akuma no uta album's cover is a tribute to one of his albums.  nothing to do with the song, but it's interesting maybe probably sort of.  good song.  not much to say about it but it's nice. 

O Father O Satan O Sun: behemoth's alright, but this song's pretty cool. 

anyway, I'm not gonna write a long paragraph(s) on why you should listen to BtBaM since I'm really fucking heated right now, but I will agree with the fact that coma ecliptic is probably their best work, probably because of the broader musical stylings which for btbam, is hard to do.  although, i still think colors and the parallax (1 and 2) are superb records that everyone should listen to at least once in their lives.  i really have a hard time deciding a favorite with them. 

disinnocence: according to the comments, nickelback is apparently better than this, but whether that statement is true or false remains to be seen. NO is not a very pretty record. in fact, it's downright ugly, but FUCK this shit is heavy and I love it.

There were some parts of the vocals that recalled Remission, which isn't a bad thing, but I'll admit the song never fully gripped me and I have quite mixed feelings about those last two and a half minutes. Worse than Nickelback, though? lol fuck no

Go ahead. I left the door unlocked and everything

disinnnocennnce: self-described as "spiritual folk", these guys remind me in a way a lot of some of arcade fire's work, and any band somewhat related to o'brother is usually a hit for me.

That appears to ring true for me as well, since I quite enjoyed this; I appreciated the vocals and the grander moments especially

kira did nothing wrong

Lipslap: kkb is almost too cute to not love, but I really enjoyed their debut last year.  one of the few really happy and peppy bands I actually dig quite a bit. they're just so cute. good stuff. 

anyway, for old man gloom, I'm not versed in their works before NO and the ape of god, but i can however assure you that both of these records are some really good sluge/doom/post-metal with some weird experimental ambient tendencies and whatnot.  aaron turner apparently can do no wrong, even though his work with sumac still hasn't clicked. 

for the soil & the sun, i'd say just go in release order, since they only have three albums and they're all pretty similar stylistically to this song, so if you liked the song, you'll like the band for sure.  meridian is their best work I believe, but all of them are special so give them a listen some time.  

Edited by Disinnocence

disinnocenceimrunningoutofwaystospellmyname: i may have shamefully discovered this song/rapper through leafy, and this guy's bars aren't anything that great, but i love the beat on this song. plz no judge

I thought it was pretty chill and overall was pretty okay

I didn't know what to do without my DAILY MUSICAL SUBMISSION but it's all fine now

High Ticket Attractions: I feel I know these guys from somewhere, but regardless it's pretty fun and catchy, and it reminds me of the cars in a way, which I have a great fondness for them.  I like it. 

uh the rest of the rejovich is pretty good, but like I said, his lyrics are kinda bad at some parts, but he does have some cool bars here an there, and the beats on it are really fucking good, so check it out at least for the atmosphere I guess?

Yeah, I'll probably give it a listen since lyrics are less important to me than atmosphere, as is the same for many other people lol

And today on Fruits of Falchion's Attempts to Get Into Country, we have Emmylou Harris 

i don't know why the thumbnail's of, uh, not her. maybe that's the guy who sang this as a duet with her once?

Edited by Knight Falchion
i realized the thumbnail's a little off lol

ecneconnisid: some pretty pop mixed with some avant-garde and noise tendencies or... something like that. I really don't know

Me neither, but it's cool and engaging, so it has also been added to the listening list

I'll post thoughts tomorrow (don't worry this time I'll actually be there on time), but I will say south side of the sky is one of my favorite yes songs from probably my favorite yes album.  even though it's not TO BE CONTINUED meme song, it's still absolutely wonderful.  yes's colorful lyrics and complex musical styling make them a favorite 70's prog act. 

JoJo memes are superior but the rest of Yes's work deserves the same attention, as you obviously know

DISINNOCENCEEEEEEE: WORK THAT INSIDE OUTSIDE WORK THAT MORE WORK THAT RIGHT SIDE LEFT WORK THAT MORE god I love this song

:O (am impressed)

19 hours ago, Disinnocence said:

I'll post thoughts tomorrow (don't worry this time I'll actually be there on time), but I will say south side of the sky is one of my favorite yes songs from probably my favorite yes album.  even though it's not TO BE CONTINUED meme song, it's still absolutely wonderful.  yes's colorful lyrics and complex musical styling make them a favorite 70's prog act. 

i saw a thing that unironically called it the jojo song and i wanted to never listen to yes again

15 hours ago, fuccboi said:

i saw a thing that unironically called it the jojo song and i wanted to never listen to yes again

wait really?  as much as I like jojo memes, there's no reason to not call it ROUNDABOUT I'm sure everyone knows that

Pieces Of The Sky: not too bad, and I liked her voice quite a lot.  

South Side Of The Sky: see thoughts in previous post.  i guess one other thing is that this song has a bit darker sound to it than the rest of the album. 

uh, check out the rest of tiny hazard's debut ep and their debut album, greyland.  i haven't listened to it yet as I only knew it was out like 3 days ago, but i'm sure it's good, i don't know.  for hot chip, in our heads is fantastic disco worship and whatnot so yeah whatever listen to it or something you know how it goes. 

dissinnocence: for anyone wondering what the word means, I guess it means "the inexplicable urge to push people away, even close friends who you really like." somewhat relatable. anyway, I'm pretty sure this whole band is pretty much mars volta and dear hunter worship, but these guys still manage to make some great stuff, and at least fill the hole TMV left after breaking up.

Maybe I simply haven't listened to enough of either TMV or Dear Hunter, but they sounded a lot mellower than either of those two. Not that that's a bad thing as very much liked the tone of this piece, but aside from the vocal style, I'd reckon this song at least does enough to stand on its own. Great pacing and instrumentals imo.

No apologies this time, just an admittance that I finally got a PS4 and played Bloodborne and NieR all of yesterday

i visited my old dorm and someone was playing this on guitar hero and i thought "hey i like that, why not share it in anarchist since i'm running out of ideas"

MAY THE GOOD BLOOD GUIDE YOUR WAY

The Fox: i remember seeing the vinyl edition of no cities to love and thinking it was really cool packaging, so since I liked this well enough, maybe I'll pick it up.  vocals might take a bit getting used to, but I like the aesthetic displayed here.

An Endless Sporadic: sounds like some really noodly prog stuff I'd jam to back in the day.  don't get me wrong, I still have a fondness for this type of music though.  it's always a fun listen.  

the song I shared is a bit softer than what they usually do.  I guess closure in moscow is basically TMV but without the eccentric jazz/latin/funk/etc stylings and tendencies.  children of nova and these guys are very closely related in terms of sound too.  did one rip of the other's sound?  probably not.  anyway, pink lemonade is a extremely strange journey told through new-prog.  featuring video game references (one song is named dinosaur boss battle, and the ending track I SWEAR IS FROM THE KATAMARI DAMACY SOUNDTRACK I KID YOU NOT), some weird disco song (?), and well other things.  check it out if you miss the mars volta and can't come to terms with their breakup (even though they'll probably get back together soon).  first temple's a lot less weird, and is a bit more toned-down, but it's good.  they're fun.  (wait hold on I know i compare these guys to TMV a lot, but they do stand on their own as a really good band, it's just that they DO happen to share a lot of similarities.  i love these guys)

oh yeah i forget but I swear the dude in closure in moscow channels cedric so well and it's kinda cool how close he gets sometimes.  not to say he's not unique, and he doesn't do it often, but just something I notice occasionally.

Edited by Disinnocence