The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

casting samarecarm is fun

We're back with a song submitted by Koneko, shared without comment. I personally dug the chill vocals and beat, so it gets a thumbs up from me. So yeah, Anarchist isn't dead yet

Edited by Knight Falchion
i'm trying to get the thread looking like it used to

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hey it's back. can't reiterate enough how much i wasn't crying btw

DiSiNnOcEnCe

recs (**metal non-fans do not read this**): listening to cult of luna makes me wanna re-listen to mare's self-titled ep, still one of the best metal albums i've heard. atmospheric, sludgy, posty, you'll love it. dunno how familiar you are with julie christmas, but she did a collab album with a guitarist who worked with neurosis + friends, as battle of mice, called a day of nights. the story with that album is she and aforementioned guitarist were in a crumbling relationship while making it. not quite fleetwood mac-level but who doesn't love drama

kurose

fun electronic sounds but i didn't really get into the song

knight falchion

might be the best thing on fox confessor, which everyone should check out, knight falchion really wants you to check it out

dijon mustard

one of my 2016 faves however i did do a p butt job of keeping up tbh

Koneko

sounded like... anime(?) for the first ~30 seconds. wasn't feeling dude's voice but there's promise here production-wise

Queue at zero, so unless y'all want me to clog up the thread with whatever I want, get submitting

unless this is a sign that i should make a new thread, idk, we'll see

A submission by myself from a group I first shared in the ol' Vicar thread. They mix shoegaze and post-rock (leaning more towards the former), a combination that I enjoy quite a bit

Pink Season dropped and the thread is back on again. not a bad start to 2017.

Playing With Fire: instrumental's alright but i didn't really like the majority of their voices so it's... alright?

Star Witness: okay you convinced me i'll go check her stuff out you don't have to be so forceful but legit this instrumental on this one is so pretty and i like the vocals a quite a lot but i'll probably like them even more with the full record and/or discography

Bubble: i'm not sure if the disconnect between the this dude's more grimey (is that the right term?) flow and peppy beat is great or not, but i like it

Fault Line: this sounds like it could fit in the animal crossing soundtrack if it had stuff like this. it's chill.

Swarm: i'm not sure if the cover of blue satan quenching his thirst with a nice cold glass of cherry (?) kool-aid is a clever metaphor for something or it's just an album cover but like the last song i heard by them i dig this shit and that would usually mean i would check out the rest of the album but ohohoh that's not me i have to put everything off for a half a year. fuck i wanna go to a jam session with these dudes (okay i just went to their bandcamp page they changed the cover for this album what the fuck)

oh yeah thank you for your recommendations i was interested in getting into more of julie's stuff after mariner and i'm always down for "atmospheric, sludgy, posty" shit so i'll check them out sometime you know me

Edited by Disinnocence

Hooray for submissions!

Balcerkzak: I honestly really enjoy the couple of Edgar Allen Poe poems they made into songs as well, maybe more so even than this one, but I figured I should share a wholly original thing from them to the thread and leave further exploration to users' own time.

I think I might check out their other stuff, especially if the haunting instrumentals carry over into said other stuff because I dug those deeply. Poems turned into songs also appeal to me, so they're definitely on my to-listen list.

Star Witness
: okay you convinced me i'll go check her stuff out 
you

don't have to be so forceful
 but legit this instrumental on this one is so pretty and i like the vocals a quite a lot but i'll probably like them even more with the full record and/or discography

I expect you will like her discography, but I'm also heavily biased. Aside from recommending that you start with Fox Confessor because it is the best, I don't really have a recommended order for the rest of her work. I consider Blacklisted and The Worse Things Get (etc) to be second best myself, so I guess I would recommend those next? All of her stuff's pretty great tho (but again, heavily biased lol)

Swarm
: i'm not sure if the cover of blue satan quenching his thirst with a nice cold glass of cherry (?) kool-aid is a clever metaphor for something or it's just an album cover but like the last song i heard by them i dig this shit and 
that would usually mean i would check out the rest of the album but ohohoh that's not me
i have to put everything off for a half a year.  fuck i wanna go to a jam session with these dudes (okay i just went to their bandcamp page they changed the cover for this album what the fuck)

I'm pretty sure they changed the artwork from the blood/kool-aid-drinking demon to the... other blood/kool-aid-drinking demons (?) because they're re-releasing Ujubasajuba alongside their upcoming new album, Ruination, which will be out some indeterminate time this year

Today's song was submitted Freyjadour without comment, and it's quite a lovely song in my opinion. I've been meaning to check out Solange's recent album for some time now, and if her vocals and the instrumentals on this track are indicative of the quality of the rest of the album, I should stop procrastinating on this one

Oh god, I have catching up to do. Started with and quite enjoyed Swarm. Really liked how the song builds up to its climaxes.

i hunger to submit ;)

knight falchion

reminds me of "tzar morei" by finnish post-gaze shoe-rock band kairon; irse!

Balcerkzak

appreciate the darkwave (why are genre names so embarrassing) elements going on in the background. underappreciated style, darkwave (it's the name, isn't it). throw in the other influences and the concept... dunno how i feel about it all but it's original

I consider Blacklisted and The Worse Things Get (etc) to be second best myself, so I guess I would recommend those next?

yeah i'll second blacklisted @disinnocence

Freyjadour...I've been meaning to check out Solange's recent album for some time now

this is a v good song. probly the best on the album, which was better than her sister's. worth checking out. of the ~8 albums that topped every mainstream music site's "best of 2016" list, it's the one that wasn't wildly overhyped imho

D-Innocence: Though it might be a little too indie-pop for some people, I really enjoyed this record and it's definitely one of my favorites of 2016. I know it's a departure from what the band usually does, but I haven't listened to any of their other records yet so don't ask me. I just think this a really pretty album.

Well, I'm a fan of indie-pop and this song, so I guess I should check out their 2016 release, huh? Edited by Knight Falchion

frankie saw my take and made me sleep on the couch last night

today's band strikes me as something like a lower-pitch version of mew (an indie band that fans of heavy music tend to like). dreamy but the percussion is kinda playful. all in all pleasant

ping: Wikipedia says this is "Visual Trash Punk". I'm not sure if I love or hate labels created to describe one band and only that one band.

I guess the visual trash part is supposed to apply to the video? 'Cause the rest of it sounds like a punk song (to my admittedly inexperienced ears), if an enjoyable one with a solid guitar line and catchy percussion

@yourself

reminded me to try dling this album again (it got corrupted again) and why i decided to dl it in the first place, good shit i hunger i consume i must be satiated

@balcerzak

p cool w this actually

@freyjadour

yall know i love this song

@disinnocence

i'm a fan of indie pop stuff and this song is nice

@ping

its aight

@you

this is very your aesthetic

@dijon mustard

shrug emoji

@chene

i wasn't expecting any of this

fuccboi: you might know him as the dude from those rtj songs. this record is actually really good, it sounds like a brainfeeder album if you're familiar with that label

I'm not familiar with the label, but I am now intrigued. I quite enjoyed the production and liberal use of clapping in this particular song

Mark Kozelek and Seth Putnam should have done a collaboration album.

The Dreadful Mirror: the "spooky-scary" instrumental and the theatrical vocal work is pretty NICE.

Cranes In The Sky: didn't expect to like this, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think the more intricate instrumental sold it to me.

Anti Anti: I wouldn't have thought of this song any differently with or without the video, but it's pretty decent. it's cool in it's simplicity.

1816: man this song had me thinking it was gonna be some abstract drone piece from the first 5 seconds, but I can't say the final product is bad. maybe if schools taught history through cool music like this, maybe people would be more interested.

Cold Gettin' Dumb: i like the saxophone (?) samples that pop up around in the song, but it's pretty nice.

Hell To Your Doorstep: there's a specific band I had in mind that this really reminds me of, but I can't for the life of me remember and I wanna die. good and fun song though. thanks for this.

AQUARIA: i love boots, i love this song, i love you

Thanks (both of you, you know who you are <3) very much for the Neko Case recommendations, and I promise I'll try to set aside a time to listen to her stuff.

Well, I'm a fan of indie-pop and this song, so I guess I should check out their 2016 release, huh?

I highly suggest checking out the rest of Everything Feels Better Now, because the album does make everything feel better. It's just a really good collection of pretty indie-pop that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Every song on it is really good, and there's no wasted space. It's a fun, chill, spacey, and ethereal record. Fuck, I love it.

Edited by Disinnocence

I highly suggest checking out the rest of Everything Feels Better Now, because the album does make everything feel better. It's just a really good collection of pretty indie-pop that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Every song on it is really good, and there's no wasted space. It's a fun, chill, spacey, and ethereal record. Fuck, I love it.

In an unexpected turn of events, I actually listened to the full album right after posting that day. So yeah, I would agree with your assessment of Everything Feels Better Now.

I made a new playlist with all that's been missing from the old one, which you can find

Disinnocence: some goob post-ambient-black metal or whatever you wanna call it.

I appreciated how the vocals were made to sound like they were being sung in a cathedral, or at least that's the image I got from it. The echoing distortion on the guitars also adds to this, and it's an atmosphere/image I dig- the title fits the sound snugly. Very nice.

Today's song was submitted by kurose, without comment. I also have no comment since I haven't and likely will not have a chance to listen to it today. I'll post my thoughts later.

"i sext it away, i reddit away" - solange knowles, 2016

ping

got that bratty, early lcd soundsystem brand of dance punk i can appreciate. simple formula but the kids love it

knight falchion

every subject should be goth. times tables are goth now

chene

haven't played a moba but maybe that's because i hadn't listened to this motivational tune or because i didn't know what a moba is. also i haven't read the book (picked up a copy in the library, saw it had 1300 pages and gasped out loud). listening to theatre outside a theatre is weird tho

fuccboi

now brainfeeder, i know what that is. mood music for a mood i didn't know existed

Disinnocence

i just don't be feelin' it

lol @ the yt recs being female-fronted metal bands that sound nothing like this

kurose

like the chorus on this one, see i can like k-pop see see it can happen see

I'm just gonna go on as if nothing has changed

Belated thoughts on Fall Back: I liked the vocals and the way the instrumentals cut back during the chorus, since they felt kinda overbearing during the verses

Balcerzak: This song, Who are You?, is probably my favorite track off their Крылья album (Wings). Sometimes you're just in the mood for pure, concentrated power metal. This is the kind of juice you want for times like those.

I'm inclined to agree! I quite liked this track, largely due to enjoying the vocals as well as the instrumentation rather than just the latter, which is not something I can say for most power metal I've listened to.