How far are you guys?

Thanks nocturnal. I will try that when I get home

And for specifics. . .

It's the mirage near the crepe place in Harajuku.

Still on Chapter 6, though I'm getting closer to the end. It's long, and my sense of direction is biting me in the ass again.

Yashiro/Touma/Itsuki turned Gangrel into mincemeat.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off-topic rant: This forum's editor is so quirky. Working with multiple quotes can be difficult.

You're welcome. I'm quite surprised myself that I sticked to this game for so long. It's not like I don't play other games, but those games (like FE Fates) don't need any extra "promotion".

Is this a language version difference? I have to exchange those at the rate of 9 to 1.

You were right, it's actually 9, it's been a while since I traded with that npc. I went back there last night, and I also got a solution to my earlier key problem at the same time.

And for specifics. . .

It's the mirage near the crepe place in Harajuku.

Still on Chapter 6, though I'm getting closer to the end. It's long, and my sense of direction is biting me in the ass again.

Yashiro/Touma/Itsuki turned Gangrel into mincemeat.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]All these fights up to Gangrel were fairly easy to me too, what followed was when things started getting difficult again for me. Also, I'm curious to hear how did you and others perform against Gharnef ? I was too high level for him to pose a challenge, but I remembered the fight as pretty difficult when I saw it for the first time.

Still completing requests and the arena before finishing the game, I reclassed everyone to get the the useful skills of the other promotions, I sadly I don't have enough Master Seal to reclass them again after that, but it's not too problematic.

[spoiler=post Chapter 4]I hope the animation for -Blaze EX of Yashiro is better than the original, which is among my favorite Session skills, with Tsubasa -Elwind and Eleonora -Snipe EX.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]All these fights up to Gangrel were fairly easy to me too, what followed was when things started getting difficult again for me. Also, I'm curious to hear how did you and others perform against Gharnef ? I was too high level for him to pose a challenge, but I remembered the fight as pretty difficult when I saw it for the first time.

Gharnef was more annoying than difficult for me, between the length of his animations, his drones and Imhullu. Admittedly he took longer than he probably should have because at some point I stopped making new Carnage for some reason (I think so I could catch up once the next Prestiges showed up) and thus stopped getting new skills.

Also, rare enemy farming is lame, so unless I find a better source of Macca converters, the vast majority of my cast will be short a weapon.

Rare enemy farming is actually super easy once you find places where they spawn, thanks to Mamori and Yashiro's field skills. The first rare enemy can be easily found on 7F of the Illusory 106, at the small isolated patch of floor to the right of the orange doll, while the second can be found in Illusory Studio, up the ladder found behind the treasure room in the upper right.

Edited by AzureSen

Gharnef wasn't really that difficult. The only major mistake I made against him was using a Magic Mirror, which gave him three rounds of healing.

Finished the game~

I don't know if it's just me or maybe my team were OP but Medeus was pretty easy. Itsuki, Mamori and Yashiro are like my dream team so I just used the same strategy of, Mamori uses Raindrop Memories and Freezing Strike, Itsuki uses Wyrmcide (sp?), and Yashiro switches from using Gale Strike and Sukukaja. Rinse and repeat and throw in a few bead chain uses if needed. It really helps to have Passive Skills on your cast or subcast which pushes the enemies turn back so you perform first. My cast were always able to perform after each other before Medeus. I also got a bit lucky with a couple of Duo Arts activations.

I feel like the ending would have been a bit more...sad and bitter sweet if it wasn't just Itsuki who saw the Mirages go back home. It would have been great to hear some final thoughts and wishes between Mirage and Master. I can just imagine Mamori crying and being upset over Draug leaving :c I know we kind of got a taste of that before the final battle where they talked about how far they've come, but that's different versus actually saying good bye and seeing them go. I'd probably would have shed a few tears if they included everyone saying good bye.

Edited by carefreejules

Damn, all these people finishing the game and I just managed to come back to it. Just finished chapter 2's boss and man was

Gangrel so damn hard. He and his minions covered the team's weaknesses and could just session my team into oblivion. Took me forever to finish him

On another note, why is Itsuki so schizophrenic? He gets all kinds of skills (Support, Magic, Physical) and at such a fast rate. Does anybody have a good recommendation of what a build to make him? I think I know for the rest so far (Touma's physical, Kiria's magical, Tsubasa healer) but Itsuki really is a Jack-of-All-Stats and yet vital because he covers some weaknesses the others can't get (yet at least).

Damn, all these people finishing the game and I just managed to come back to it. Just finished chapter 2's boss and man was

Gangrel so damn hard. He and his minions covered the team's weaknesses and could just session my team into oblivion. Took me forever to finish him

On another note, why is Itsuki so schizophrenic? He gets all kinds of skills (Support, Magic, Physical) and at such a fast rate. Does anybody have a good recommendation of what a build to make him? I think I know for the rest so far (Touma's physical, Kiria's magical, Tsubasa healer) but Itsuki really is a Jack-of-All-Stats and yet vital because he covers some weaknesses the others can't get (yet at least).

Nothing wrong with taking your time with the game (by choice or not).

Good luck with the next chapters, I feel like the game really becomes much harder starting from chapter 3.

Itsuki is supposed to be like that, he gets a little of everything making him a very balanced character, which is a good thing since his presence on the team is mandatory so having situations where he becomes useless would be no good.

I've seen people building him very differently, the big turning point will be when you get a way to promote Chrom :

Conqueror is more focused on physical offense with -slayer skills.

Great Lord is still pretty balanced with a focus on magic and support.

But in both case, you'll still get access to physical/magical/support skills from the shared carnages.

Personally I went Great Lord with :

Single target physical skill (Cleave, Fatal Sword, Focused Blade)

Multi target physical skill (Heat Wave)

Single target elec spell (Zio, Zionga, Ziodyne)

Multitarget elec spell (Mazio, Maziodyne)

Rakunda (really useful)

One buff (Rakukaja at first, I switched to Tarukaja much later)

And the last slot being whatever, currently it's Wyrmicide ; Dekaja or Dekunda could have been nice too, Fang Breaker was also pretty good early. You can also take a healing spell, but I rely on Tsubasa (Debut Smile is ridiculously strong for 1SP) or items for that.

If you take the Conqueror promotion, you could do something like :

Single target physical skill

Multi target physical skill

Horseslayer/Espada

Armorslayer/Diamondsplitter (using Dual Dispatch instead of both slayers skill is also a good option, but the skill is a little weak in power if I remember correctly)

Wyrmslayer/Wyrmicide

Rakunda or any utility skill

Charge or any utility skill

Probably keeping at least one elec spell would be nice, so Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne instead of one of the skills I listed, I'm not very fond of Charge/Concentrate in this game, so maybe instead of that ?

Just two examples, I'm sure you could build him differently, same things for the others characters, it's best to find something that suits your playstyle. Also, just a reminder that you get enough Master Seals to promote at least each Mirage twice if you don't skip doing requests and side stories, so you won't really miss anything in the long run.

Edited by Avk

Nothing wrong with taking your time with the game (by choice or not).

Good luck with the next chapters, I feel like the game really becomes much harder starting from chapter 3.

Itsuki is supposed to be like that, he gets a little of everything making him a very balanced character, which is a good thing since his presence on the team is mandatory so having situations where he becomes useless would be no good.

I've seen people building him very differently, the big turning point will be when you get a way to promote Chrom :

Conqueror is more focused on physical offense with -slayer skills.

Great Lord is still pretty balanced with a focus on magic and support.

But in both case, you'll still get access to physical/magical/support skills from the shared carnages.

Personally I went Great Lord with :

Single target physical skill (Cleave, Fatal Sword, Focused Blade)

Multi target physical skill (Heat Wave)

Single target elec spell (Zio, Zionga, Ziodyne)

Multitarget elec spell (Mazio, Maziodyne)

Rakunda (really useful)

One buff (Rakukaja at first, I switched to Tarukaja much later)

And the last slot being whatever, currently it's Wyrmicide ; Dekaja or Dekunda could have been nice too, Fang Breaker was also pretty good early. You can also take a healing spell, but I rely on Tsubasa (Debut Smile is ridiculously strong for 1SP) or items for that.

If you take the Conqueror promotion, you could do something like :

Single target physical skill

Multi target physical skill

Horseslayer/Espada

Armorslayer/Diamondsplitter (using Dual Dispatch instead of both slayers skill is also a good option, but the skill is a little weak in power if I remember correctly)

Wyrmslayer/Wyrmicide

Rakunda or any utility skill

Charge or any utility skill

Probably keeping at least one elec spell would be nice, so Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne instead of one of the skills I listed, I'm not very fond of Charge/Concentrate in this game, so maybe instead of that ?

Just two examples, I'm sure you could build him differently, same things for the others characters, it's best to find something that suits your playstyle. Also, just a reminder that you get enough Master Seals to promote at least each Mirage twice if you don't skip doing requests and side stories, so you won't really miss anything in the long run.

Thanks for the tip. I have half a mind of going the Great Lord route route since I've been relying so much on specific weakness and found little use in the slayer skills. Are multi-hit really useful? Enemies tend to come in different varieties and the session doesn't trigger unless all of them are subjected to the same weakness.

Is there a way to regain lost skills? Else I guess I have to be careful in my choices.

Thanks for the tip. I have half a mind of going the Great Lord route route since I've been relying so much on specific weakness and found little use in the slayer skills. Are multi-hit really useful? Enemies tend to come in different varieties and the session doesn't trigger unless all of them are subjected to the same weakness.

Is there a way to regain lost skills? Else I guess I have to be careful in my choices.

To be honest, I don't really use -slayer skills, but Conqueror is kind of specialized in physical and -slayer skills (Martyr Expertise is Conqueror exclusive and reinforces these skills), that's why I suggested them. Multi hit skills do trigger a session as long the opponent you are aiming (you can still target a principal target with these skills) is weak to it, I use them quite often when needed, it adds some damage to other targets softening them for later Sessions to finish them, but you can probably do fine with only single target skills if you worry about EP or repel/drain (not very frequent, but can happen, even then I don't find that too bothersome).

And yes, after some point later in the game, you gain the option to reinforce "+1" all carnages you have already maxed, so you can relearn their skills in addition to a new 5th skill.

Edited by Avk

Oh, we're comparing Itsuki builds? :P:

Mine's a mixed bag, with:

- Heat Wave

- Dual Dispatch

- Wyrmicide

- Maziodyne

- Ziodyne

- Rakukaja (or whatever the defense booster is called)

- Mediarama (mass healing spell that heals a decent amount)

If Itsuki can't initiate a session, he can support using Rakukaja/Mediarama. If I need to remove debuffs, I use items. He's currently a Conquerer to unlock a few more things, but will switch back to Great Lord, for better healing. My team is usually something like Itsuki/Touma or Mamori/Kiria or Yashiro, so Itsuki needs to be able to heal (Mamori's EP is awful).

To be honest, I don't really use -slayer skills, but Conqueror is kind of specialized in physical and -slayer skills (Martyr Expertise is Conqueror exclusive and reinforces these skills), that's why I suggested them. Multi hit skills do trigger a session as long the opponent you are aiming (you can still target a principal target with these skills) is weak to it, I use them quite often when needed, it adds some damage to other targets softening them for later Sessions to finish them, but you can probably do fine with only single target skills if you worry about EP or repel/drain (not very frequent, but can happen, even then I don't find that too bothersome).

And yes, after some point later in the game, you gain the option to reinforce "+1" all carnages you have already maxed, so you can relearn their skills in addition to a new 5th skill.

Welp, I have been totally missing out using the multi-hit skills and now I've lost Mazio and Mabufu f*ck. I tend to have EP problems with Itsuki since he uses skills every single turn, without a need to Guard at all. I am gonna have to adjust my tactics with him.

What is Great Lord's expertise?

Well that's a relief, hopefully I can plan my team's skill composition better then.

Oh, we're comparing Itsuki builds? :P:

Mine's a mixed bag, with:

- Heat Wave

- Dual Dispatch

- Wyrmicide

- Maziodyne

- Ziodyne

- Rakukaja (or whatever the defense booster is called)

- Mediarama (mass healing spell that heals a decent amount)

If Itsuki can't initiate a session, he can support using Rakukaja/Mediarama. If I need to remove debuffs, I use items. He's currently a Conquerer to unlock a few more things, but will switch back to Great Lord, for better healing. My team is usually something like Itsuki/Touma or Mamori/Kiria or Yashiro, so Itsuki needs to be able to heal (Mamori's EP is awful).

It looks like a decent coverage of skills and weaknesses if you ask me.

Now if I get this correctly, once you switch to Great Lord, you won't be able to switch back right? Due to lack of Master Seals?

Here's my Itsuki:

-Ziodyne

-Maziodyne

-Focused Blade

-Wyrmcide

-Charge

-Concentrate

-Diarahan

I tried to make him more of a mixed offensive fighter, which is why he ended up Great Lord with the above skillset. He didn't get Heat Wave because of Yashiro. Diarahan is for in-battle emergencies only, since Yashiro and Mamori can only use items, everyone that can has learned Victory Cry and he has Aether. I ended up building my team for as much type coverage as I could within reason; Itsuki and Tsubasa were the only characters who couldn't use at least three attack elements, and that's because Itsuki doesn't learn any more and Tsubasa was on the bench so often that she needed the slots more for post-battle healing and reviving.

Now if I get this correctly, once you switch to Great Lord, you won't be able to switch back right? Due to lack of Master Seals?

Nope. There's actually more than enough Master Seals in the game for all the Mirages to promote twice, and nothing is lost if you Class Change once and then again immediately after.

Edited by AzureSen

What is Great Lord's expertise?

It's slightly more magic-oriented, and is better for throwing out heals, Ziodynes, and the occasional session-starting item (Mabufu stones for things that are weak to Ice, etc.).

Here's my Itsuki:

-Ziodyne

-Maziodyne

-Focused Blade

-Wyrmcide

-Charge

-Concentrate

-Diarahan

I tried to make him more of a mixed offensive fighter, which is why he ended up Great Lord with the above skillset. He didn't get Heat Wave because of Yashiro. Diarahan is for in-battle emergencies only, since Yashiro and Mamori can only use items, everyone that can has learned Victory Cry and he has Aether. I ended up building my team for as much type coverage as I could within reason; Itsuki and Tsubasa were the only characters who couldn't use at least three attack elements, and that's because Itsuki doesn't learn any more and Tsubasa was on the bench so often that she needed the slots more for post-battle healing and reviving.

Nope. There's actually more than enough Master Seals in the game for all the Mirages to promote twice, and nothing is lost if you Class Change once and then again immediately after.

Wait wait. So I can class change from Lord to Great Lord, and then to Conqueror, and then to Great Lord again? Or does it stop at Conqueror?

You have nobody in your team to buff/debuff? Itsuki seems to be great for that.

It's slightly more magic-oriented, and is better for throwing out heals, Ziodynes, and the occasional session-starting item (Mabufu stones for things that are weak to Ice, etc.).

I meant more of special skills exclusive to Great Lord (though I guess I can get them and then switch to Conqueror).

Here's my Itsuki:

-Ziodyne

-Maziodyne

-Focused Blade

-Wyrmcide

-Charge

-Concentrate

-Diarahan

Tsubasa can learn Agidyne, but yeah, she is mainly a Force and Support spells user for me (also Sexy Dance, which is surprisingly helpful). Speaking of Sexy Dance, I never really used much the ailment spells in previous SMT/Persona, but they have been really helpful in this game, Sexy Dance, Tentarafoo and especially Pastel Power (Pastel Power is up there with Debut Smile as ridiculously strong SP skills, on the other hand, Sleeping Song didn't hit much when I used it...).

Wait wait. So I can class change from Lord to Great Lord, and then to Conqueror, and then to Great Lord again? Or does it stop at Conqueror?

I meant more of special skills exclusive to Great Lord (though I guess I can get them and then switch to Conqueror).

Eclipse answered that, but you can reclass as long as you have a Master Seal, and as AzureSen precised, you get enough Master Seals to promote each Mirage at least twice, and if I remember correctly, you even get 2 spares. You can get more, but since it's a lottery special prize, it's RNG based.

Great Lord gets advanced healing spells (Diarahan and Mediarama), Healing Expertise, Absorb Elec and Aether, also the -Elthunder Session skills.

Conqueror gets Diamondsplitter (advanced Armorslayer), Thunder Strike (Heavy physical Elec skill), Martyr Expertise (basically -slayer skills expertise) and the -Slash EX Session skills (the animation is really underwhelming).

The stats also differ, but you'll be able to see that before promoting, but it's more or less as we described :

Great Lord is still balanced with an orientation towards Magic and Support, while Conqueror gets a really good boost in Str making it more Physical oriented.

I have spent a few hours doing arena and getting the improved Session skills of the second promotion. I only get 9 coins after 3 Advanced arena sessions compared to the 18 of the previous difficulty, I'm afraid I'm getting too much exp before the final boss fight... I'm at around 70h, with the last several hours of just doing requests and arena. I think my most solid party composition (the one I'm currently using for Advanced arena) is Itsuki/Tsubasa/Kiria. The party member I tend to use the less often is Touma, he hits really hard especially with Piercing Void, but he only had 2 elements until recently and couldn't do much more. Hopefully that will change since I got him Gale Strike and Debilitate.

[spoiler=Animation talk, post Chapter 4 party member spoilers]Itsuki's -Slash EX has a really underwhelming animation, he just stabs the enemy. I can now add Touma's -Blaze EX, Kiria's -Elblizzard and Yashiro's -Blaze EX among my favorite Session animations.

The number of Master Seals is finite; I've found ~17 so far, and they only show up in chests or after certain battles. Basically you should just decide which class you want everyone to end up in based on the role they play, since the only thing Class decides is stats really. I wanted Itsuki to be more well-rounded, so I picked Great Lord as his final class over Edgelord Conqueror.

Mamori has Shellsplitter still, Touma has Debilitate, and Ellie has Fog Breath. No buffs, because I can just have Mamori use Raindrop Memories or Touma use Gaia's Whisper; since everyone has the Radiant Skill that nets them more SP from Sessions, one bar is restored pretty much every two rounds.

Tsubasa can learn Agidyne, but yeah, she is mainly a Force and Support spells user for me (also Sexy Dance, which is surprisingly helpful). Speaking of Sexy Dance, I never really used much the ailment spells in previous SMT/Persona, but they have been really helpful in this game, Sexy Dance, Tentarafoo and especially Pastel Power (Pastel Power is up there with Debut Smile as ridiculously strong SP skills, on the other hand, Sleeping Song didn't hit much when I used it...).

Honestly, Tsubasa has been completely underwhelming for me, both as a Falcon Knight and as a Wyvern Knight. Even boosted with Wind Expertise EX her Wind magic is subpar, she hardly contributes to Session damage, her Strength's low so her Lance skills are even weaker, and she's so fragile that unless she gets lucky with Mamori covering her, she'll go down in 1-2 Axe or Bow or phys-based Wind hits, even on Easy. Hence why she's mostly been relegated to bench warmer/heal bot/Session extender/Duo Art partner.

It doesn't help that my Kiria does Force as well and does it far better, on top of being sturdier. (Kiria has Naga, Bufudyne, Mabufudyne, Zandyne, Mazandyne, Megidolaon, and Concentrate.)

Edited by AzureSen

I assume you're talking about the lottery at the Hee-Ho Mart? That's good to hear! I've got a bunch of Melmarks, and collecting posters is more fun than useful at this point.

Yeah, that's the one. The Master Seal isn't listed in the prize list, but you can get it. My experience is that it's quite luck-based (you can get two Master Seals in quick succession, or spent your next 200 Melmarks not getting any of the higher prizes), but if you're at the very end of the game, you can always bulk sell/buy your items to quickly get Melmarks. You should have excess money at that point anyway.

Doing that « bulk buy → bulk sell → spend Melmarks → repeat » process gets boring really quickly though.

Honestly, Tsubasa has been completely underwhelming for me, both as a Falcon Knight and as a Wyvern Knight. Even boosted with Wind Expertise EX her Wind magic is subpar, she hardly contributes to Session damage, her Strength's low so her Lance skills are even weaker, and she's so fragile that unless she gets lucky with Mamori covering her, she'll go down in 1-2 Axe or Bow or phys-based Wind hits, even on Easy. Hence why she's mostly been relegated to bench warmer/heal bot/Session extender/Duo Art partner.

It doesn't help that my Kiria does Force as well and does it far better, on top of being sturdier. (Kiria has Naga, Bufudyne, Mabufudyne, Zandyne, Mazandyne, Megidolaon, and Concentrate.)

She doesn't die that often anymore when I use her, she dodges pretty consistently, and if she gets hit, unless it's a Session, she can survive at least that hit. Can't really argue with her damage output, although her Mazandyne are as good as Kiria's.

If you only want damage, she won't do as much as Kiria or Touma, but otherwise, I use her often during tough fights since she is very versatile, damage with Mazandyne, healing with Diarahan, Mediarama and especially Debut Smile, support with Sukukaja, Debut Smile and Sexy Dance. Grand Finale is also useful to keep fighting in the arena without having to get back to Shibuya for Moon Raga / Herbal Tea (can't find Muscle Drink DX consistently).

Yeah, that's the one. The Master Seal isn't listed in the prize list, but you can get it. My experience is that it's quite luck-based (you can get two Master Seals in quick succession, or spent your next 200 Melmarks not getting any of the higher prizes), but if you're at the very end of the game, you can always bulk sell/buy your items to quickly get Melmarks. You should have excess money at that point anyway.

Doing that « bulk buy → bulk sell → spend Melmarks → repeat » process gets boring really quickly though.

I can confirm that it's pretty boring. My method is to sell all Amrita Soda, Ma- stones, Attack and Magic Mirrors, and buffs stones, then rebuy them. I earn 66 Melmarks each time, so precisely enough for 22 trades each time, if anyone have a better method, I'll be grateful (probably buying and selling accessories at Carabia ? But it's probably not worth the loading times each time you want to get back to Hee Ho Mart to trade).

I should mention that Lck Incense is also a possible special prize at the lottery.

Finished Advanced mode in the arena then did the final boss yesterday.

[spoiler=End game spoilers]I really like Medeus design, his head with the sharp teeth and the mecha eyes, also the eye-looking things on his wings reminded me of Grima. The cutscene before the final fight was also really cool.

I ended up overleveled once again, Medeus being 61-63, Itsuki was 67 and the 2 party members I used for the fight, Tsubasa and Touma were 65 and 64, but even overleveled, Medeus did hit really hard especially with Dies Irae. I was fully buffed almost all the time and tried to keep Debilitate on him but the spell did like 90% of my party's hp consistently. That apart, I should've learned Prayer with Tsubasa and equipped my Null Sword weapons with her and Touma before the fight (maybe only Tsubasa, Drain Fire was useful on Touma). Something that surprised me is that he didn't use many skills during the second phase, Energy Drain (good thing I had 6 Soma), Dies Irae, Dark Breath, Dekunda, Tail, his bite and that's it. I think I remember him having Ma-dyne spells, so I expected him to spam them after some point.

I'll probably try Lunatic next to see how it is, but I'll probably take a break to do some irl stuff and help with the wiki before starting next playthrough.

Edited by Avk

So I am stuck on Tsubasa's second story. I have talked to everyone in town and nothing. Anyone in particular I should talk to? I watched Omegaevolution but those guys he talked to are not there

Is this the one with the cat? I used a guide on Gamefaqs for some of the side stories

Here are the steps for Tsubasa's second side story:

1: Go in front of the Cafe and talk with Tsubasa.

2: Go near the Hachiko statue and talk to the guy near the couple. He'll tell you that he saw the cat by the Gourmet Restaurant
3: Go north of the Hee Hoo Mart by the Gourmet place. Talk with the guy with the pompadour and he'll tell you he saw the cat go down a nearby alleyway.
4: Go south of the gourmet house and move toward the alleyway. You'll be prompted whether or not to enter it.
5: Radiant Unity.

Edited by carefreejules

Is this the one with the cat? I used a guide on Gamefaqs for some of the side stories

Here are the steps for Tsubasa's second side story:

1: Go in front of the Cafe and talk with Tsubasa.

2: Go near the Hachiko statue and talk to the guy near the couple. He'll tell you that he saw the cat by the Gourmet Restaurant
3: Go north of the Hee Hoo Mart by the Gourmet place. Talk with the guy with the pompadour and he'll tell you he saw the cat go down a nearby alleyway.
4: Go south of the gourmet house and move toward the alleyway. You'll be prompted whether or not to enter it.
5: Radiant Unity.

I remember that side story, the pompadour guy told me to look near an alley and you know the rest. Plus it was funny during that scene and I wish I post a miiverse of the cat knowing the fox from Persona 4