How far are you guys?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the game and trudging through 106 Illusory dungeon. Hard mode. That mini-boss was a nasty wake-up call because I didn't account for the enemies using Session. One-shotted Itsuki and Tsubasa.

While I haven't moved from Chapter 3, I did some side stuff. However, my shitty sense of direction is holding me back. I guess I could use the extra farming materials?

Finished all pending sidequests in the Ch.2 Intermission and started Ch.3 and advanced the story. Haven't started the dungeon just yet.

At the start of chapter 3, personally. For those in the area, can you recall where you got Maca leaves? I'm one short for the cafe sidequest and can't recall if it was a drop or a random chest item.

Just finished chapter three. Everyone's in their early thirties and have some use thanks to the glorious Open Audition skill.

Anybody know if there's a downside to class changing immediately?

I'm not using Tsubasa much.

I mean, Tsubasa's is not a bad party member, but this game has little need of healer. Besides, Itsuki can work as healer too, since he can learn Dia.

Say, mind if I ask a question?

I just finished Chapter 3 and got Mamori.

Is she a good party member?

I'm not here yet, but from what I've seen, Mamori is pretty good. Exclusive access to axe element means that she's pretty invaluable (when you need that, of course), but on top of that, she is able to protect the other members of the party and can save your life (or suicide, since she still does that against Sword attacks... and can get session'd pretty hard). She is a good tank and support, but you can build her more offensively depending on promotion. I don't think there is any useless party member, and the game encourages you to switch to the most useful member that you need in each fight.

Tsubasa gets Media, though, which means for a little more SP (which she has an abundance of) she can heal the entire party. Not to mention that her stats are geared towards being a healer, while Itsuki is more balanced. (And honestly, I envy you if the bosses have been so easy for you that you don't need a healer.)

Anyway, I just beat chapter 2 and am doing sidequests in the intermission. I like the game so far, and technically and aesthetically it's fantastic for the most part. The character's battle outfits look great, the combat system is fun and the sessions and Ad-Libbed Performances add a layer of depth to the battle system that a lot of RPGs don't have, the visual design is bright and gorgeous, and the graphics are beautiful. My only major letdowns are that the plot and characters are by-the-numbers anime tropes played straight and that Itsuki and Tsubasa are both kinda boring as protagonists, Itsuki moreso because of his complete lack of motivation and generic anime male protagonist personality, which makes it kind of hard to get invested in their character arcs.

Overall the game is good so far and I'm sad I almost didn't buy it because of how bitter I was over it not being a proper crossover.

I see this statement a lot, and while this is absolutely valid to think this way, I think that it was made on purpose to have Itsuki being more "bland" to contrast with all the other characters. I don't mind him being like that, but I can see why some don't appreciate him.

Finally got the game and trudging through 106 Illusory dungeon. Hard mode. That mini-boss was a nasty wake-up call because I didn't account for the enemies using Session. One-shotted Itsuki and Tsubasa.

Did you face any Savage Mirages yet ? I play on Normal, but I think that most of them are harder than the mini-boss and bosses. Just a reminder, if you want to try to fight them, don't forget to save before that. Glad that you seem to enjoy the game despite (thanks to ?) the difficulty. You are still early in the game, I think I can confidently say that the best is yet to come.

Just finished chapter three. Everyone's in their early thirties and have some use thanks to the glorious Open Audition skill.

Anybody know if there's a downside to class changing immediately?

Well, besides the fact that you can't use that Master Seal to promote another mirage until you get another one, no. There are exclusive Carnages and Skills depending on the promotion you choose, but there are enough Master Seal in the game to promote each mirage twice, so no real "wrong" choice.

Played a little more, currently in the middle of chapter 2. I was almost able to kill the semi boss in 2 turns (thanks Poison proc !), but things got out of hand (archers kept hitting Tsubasa...), but I managed to prevail. I have also a newfound appreciation for Kiria's Meiro after doing her first sidestory. Next, Black Rain and the end of chapter 2.

Edited by Avk

While I haven't moved from Chapter 3, I did some side stuff. However, my shitty sense of direction is holding me back. I guess I could use the extra farming materials?

Well I'm about halfway through... wait, you're username is Eclipse...which means...WHICH MEANS...SHODAN!?!?!

*Runs away screaming for his life*

Edited by wraith

Did you face any Savage Mirages yet ? I play on Normal, but I think that most of them are harder than the mini-boss and bosses. Just a reminder, if you want to try to fight them, don't forget to save before that. Glad that you seem to enjoy the game despite (thanks to ?) the difficulty. You are still early in the game, I think I can confidently say that the best is yet to come.

Yes I did. I generally run away from them unless I have Special Performances ready, otherwise their high SPEED nets them several hard-hitting attacks in turn and I simply won't have the time to feel out their weaknesses. I am actually glad of the higher difficulty because it keeps me on my toes lest my party gets absolutely slaughtered because of some oversight. The gameplay has far more tactical elements than I expected, with the combination of weapon/element types, Session skills and other skills. The Radiant Unity play a much larger role than I thought as well (like Itsuki's Director Unity, that Overkill has saved me more than once).

So far, the games have surpassed my expectations. You deserve some praise since I do remember you posting around these threads and gave a positive view on the game. You were not wrong.

I haven't played since a little bit yesterday since I had to work all day today. But I'm off tomorrow and I was thinking about starting some side quests. I just wanted to check with you guys and see how they are. Are they fun and are the stories cool?

I'm at the Chapter 3 Intermission, and I feel like I've kind of hit a wall. I'm at the point where enemies are giving out less EXP, but the request, side story and savage hunt enemies are still beating me senseless when ever I fight them.

In particular, Lorenz from Mamori's first side story is a huge stumbling block. Not only does he have a huge amount of HP and defense, but it feels like the enemies that accompany him also have a ton of HP and defense, and enemy Session synergy basically means that anyone he attacks is going to die unless they get lucky and dodge. Given all the trouble I've had with him and the Illusory Daiba sub-boss, I'm considering turning the game down from Normal to Easy. This is actually the first RPG in a while that I've gone out of my way to play on Normal since I'm more of a story guy.

Edited by AzureSen

Well I about halfway through... wait, you're username is Eclipse...which means...WHICH MEANS...SHODAN!?!?!

*Runs away screaming for his life*

Run, run, or you'll be well done~! :P:

If you have to watch ANYTHING about this game, I'd recommend Chapter 3. Favorite stage music, and you'll see why having a bad sense of direction is a huge detriment!

I haven't played since a little bit yesterday since I had to work all day today. But I'm off tomorrow and I was thinking about starting some side quests. I just wanted to check with you guys and see how they are. Are they fun and are the stories cool?

Generic side quests are pretty simplistic. Not all of them require fighting.

I have yet to play a character side story that I regretted.

So I'm at the final boss. I'm just gonna say right off the bat that I love love love how much Fire Emblem made its way through into this collab. My team is all just under the level 70 mark and the fight is still difficult. I'll be grinding some more today to hopefully beat the game. I'm glad it turned out to be as long as it is, but I'm hesitant to finish since I love the game so much.

Run, run, or you'll be well done~! :P:If you have to watch ANYTHING about this game, I'd recommend Chapter 3. Favorite stage music, and you'll see why having a bad sense of direction is a huge detriment!Generic side quests are pretty simplistic. Not all of them require fighting.I have yet to play a character side story that I regretted.

You're not turning me into a Cortex Reaver you insane A.I.!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QGEjKoGHzO0

Edited by wraith

At the start of chapter 3, personally. For those in the area, can you recall where you got Maca leaves? I'm one short for the cafe sidequest and can't recall if it was a drop or a random chest item.

It's an enemy drop. You can find it in the 2nd and 3rd areas in Illusory Shibuya, though later enemies may also drop it.

I just ignored that quest and played naturally until I got enough, keeping in mind that I should never consume those.

Yes I did. I generally run away from them unless I have Special Performances ready, otherwise their high SPEED nets them several hard-hitting attacks in turn and I simply won't have the time to feel out their weaknesses. I am actually glad of the higher difficulty because it keeps me on my toes lest my party gets absolutely slaughtered because of some oversight. The gameplay has far more tactical elements than I expected, with the combination of weapon/element types, Session skills and other skills. The Radiant Unity play a much larger role than I thought as well (like Itsuki's Director Unity, that Overkill has saved me more than once).

So far, the games have surpassed my expectations. You deserve some praise since I do remember you posting around these threads and gave a positive view on the game. You were not wrong.

You are welcome, but I don't think I did anything special. I thought that the game looked great and just didn't want people who like RPG to overlook it. I'm really glad that most people that did give the game a chance are satisfied with it.

I was just got myself killed multiple times yesterday too while playing (chapter 3), but somehow destroyed the boss of chapter 3, so I'm changing the difficulty to Hard now to see how well I will fare, but I think the game is pretty well balanced, even in Normal.

I really liked all the side stories I did. The "gameplay" parts aren't especially interesting since you just mostly go to multiple places one after the other, but what you learn about the characters makes it really worth doing in my opinion.

On my progression, finished chapter 3, I'm going to do requests and side stories during the Intermission before starting chapter 4 (I'm already dreading the boss encounters...).

Now if you will excuse me, I have a donut errand to do...

Edited by Avk

Mid chapter 3. I'm still lost looking for Barry's limited edition CD or something like that.

I don't like Tsubasa so far so I'm benching her(though I'm planning to get her Recarm and Diarama/Media so she can be somehow useful even in sub-cast). Touma is a beast though. His stats are superb and he's crazy strong. Kiria is also strong, she has like 50 MAG so far without any items that increases magic. Itsuki is meh. Too bad I can't change him. I heard Yashiro's mirage is Navarre and I have a thing for swordmasters, it would be nice to replace Itsuki with Yashiro if it was possible but it's not.

Oh and I'm also benching Ellie. Touma and Kiria are my mains so far.

Edited by BeMine96

Mid chapter 3. I'm still lost looking for Barry's limited edition CD or something like that.

I don't like Tsubasa so far so I'm benching her(though I'm planning to get her Recarm and Diarama/Media so she can be somehow useful even in sub-cast). Touma is a beast though. His stats are superb and he's crazy strong. Kiria is also strong, she has like 50 MAG so far without any items that increases magic. Itsuki is meh. Too bad I can't change him. I heard Yashiro's mirage is Navarre and I have a thing for swordmasters, it would be nice to replace Itsuki with Yashiro if it was possible but it's not.

Oh and I'm also benching Ellie. Touma and Kiria are my mains so far.

Try to look for a place where you met him a lot.

Uzume Dance Studio

And I don't think you are supposed to outright ignore characters, but Itsuki, Touma and Kiria is a solid team party composition that covers a lot of elements (sword, lance, fire, ice, elec, force, body) with some buffs/debuffs, so if you can manage just with them, that's good. Kiria and Touma are pretty specialized, maybe that's what makes you think they are stronger than the others (Touma being a physical damage dealer with good defense and Kiria the dedicated magic damage dealer of the team).

Try to look for a place where you met him a lot.

Uzume Dance Studio

And I don't think you are supposed to outright ignore characters, but Itsuki, Touma and Kiria is a solid team party composition that covers a lot of elements (sword, lance, fire, ice, elec, force, body) with some buffs/debuffs, so if you can manage just with them, that's good. Kiria and Touma are pretty specialized, maybe that's what makes you think they are stronger than the others (Touma being a physical damage dealer with good defense and Kiria the dedicated magic damage dealer of the team).

Thanks for that. I've been looking for it. I didn't play the first chapter because my brother was the one who beat it.

I don't really outright ignore 'em. I let 'em learn watchfulness so they can gain EXP while in sub-cast. I also try my best to master some of their carnages or let my brother handle 'em. By benching 'em I mean I don't use ;em in combat at all unless I was grinding. I actually HAVE to use 'em to increase their stage ranks and unlock their side stories. My main problem is Tsubasa since she's kinda weak and I don't really need healers in my team, I can manage without 'em. It's a pain in the ass to grind her so she's on my brother.

Edited by BeMine96

So...I just obtained one of Touma's Perfoma.

Try to guess it's name.

Fight for my Friends

That has to be a reference to a certain someone.

Speaking of which, I obtained this Perfoma by defeating a certain optional boss

Abel!

He even has an ability called Panther's Roar!

I'm on Chapter 5 but in the last couple days I haven't really been in the mood for playing it for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the game or if it's just my mood. I did try playing DBZ XenoVerse today but I got pretty bored of that fast. I was planning on playing TMS all day today but I just couldn't bring myself to play. I hope I'll be in the mood tomorrow and I hope I don't get bored.

I haven't been on here in a while! :)

I'm at the mini-boss of chapter 3 and all my characters are in the low 30's. (32)

ALSO I'VE BEEN STUCK ON THIS BOSS THANK YOU TO THE PERSON ABOVE ME THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT UPGRADING RINGS.

I haven't been on here in a while! :)

I'm at the mini-boss of chapter 3 and all my characters are in the low 30's. (32)

ALSO I'VE BEEN STUCK ON THIS BOSS THANK YOU TO THE PERSON ABOVE ME THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT UPGRADING RINGS.

Are you using Kiria?

Her Pastel Power can help a lot with bosses and can give you a bit of breathing room during the fight.