How does the Level Up RNG work in this game?

The impression I get is that the characters have growths similar to FE, with random +1 on STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/DEF/RES. However, it does seem that every now and then the game gives you larger level ups to compensate for any RNG screwage you may have gotten on previous level ups. Some times I've gotten +2, +3, and even +4 on a single stat on one level up.

HP and EP work different since you get them in bigger bulks, with +3 being the lowest and +12 being the highest I've gotten.

Any thoughts?

I must admit that I'm curious too, I didn't see anything about it (I didn't really look hard though). I think there is a theory stating that the luck status has some influence on level ups, but I'm not sure there is any proof of that.

One thing I suspected was the class (promotion branch) affecting level ups, but I think the effect is minimal, if existent.

I must admit that I'm curious too, I didn't see anything about it (I didn't really look hard though). I think there is a theory stating that the luck status has some influence on level ups, but I'm not sure there is any proof of that.

I am unsure. My playthrough's Eleanora has decent stats despite having bad luck.

I'd like to know how this works too, considering my Itsuki's magic is considerably higher than his strength, depsite being a Lord who should be more strength based than magic basedt

Itsuki is supposed to be an average character. Lord/Great Lord should have slightly higher magic, but Overlord has considerably higher strength.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Does anybody know what each and every stat does? I can make guesses since I think they are similar to the FE stats but have no confirmation of whether my guesses are true or not. Like the Skill stat: I suppose it affects the hit rate? (though I have never missed once so far)

Magic affects EP. Defence affects HP.

Skill determines the chance of triggering Dual Art in addition to determining hit rate. (And yes, it is possible to miss.)

Speed is a factor in determining the attack orderin addition to determining avoid rate.

These stats also work as they do in Fire Emblem, determining attack power and hit and critical rate.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Magic affects EP. Defence affects HP.

Skill determines the chance of triggering Dual Art in addition to determining hit rate. (And yes, it is possible to miss.)

Speed is a factor in determining the attack orderin addition to determining avoid rate.

These stats also work as they do in Fire Emblem, determining attack power and hit and critical rate.

What do you mean by affect? Do you mean that Magic minimizes EP loss and Defence minimizes HP loss?

Aha, maybe that's why I haven't seen any noticeable effect (haven't gotten any Dual Arts yet). Thanks for the info.