This should've been released on more consoles

I can't think of a single reason why I would buy a Wii U, and yet this game would be pretty enjoyable I imagine. If it resembles the Persona / SMT games more than anything else, why make it exclusive to a console that hasn't been the platform for the games in this series up to now?

I assume you're talking about putting it on PS or Xbox. Nintendo isn't too keen on putting their IP on competitor's consoles (see Marvel VS Capcom 3). If it was SMT alone, then sure. But Fire Emblem takes a part in it.

And it probably wouldn't run well on the 3DS.

It's a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console, I don't really see what else is there to understand. And they have to start somewhere, otherwise, we are locked in a loop :

"There isn't any X type of games" -> "Why put X type of games here if there isn't any in the beginning" (no audience) -> "There isn't any X type of games" -> ...

Also, you can try to look at the problem from another perspective, why aren't the other games on Wii U instead ? Anyway, all questions of that kind usually always end up in the same way.

Edited by Avk

as previously stated, this is a Nintendo IP lol

and besides, the Wii U has plenty of games whether they met your "standards" or not

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, this game, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Xenoblade X, Kirby, etc

it's not like the Wii U has zero games like people like to pretend

If it resembles the Persona / SMT games more than anything else, why make it exclusive to a console that hasn't been the platform for the games in this series up to now?

It's not like this is the first SMT-like game on a Nintendo console. Heck, the original SMT I + II were Nintendo console or handheld exclusive until they got a port via Apple products, and the Devil Survivor games still are Nintendo handheld exclusive.

For a moment, I thought this was going to be a suggestion about porting the game to 3DS or NX.

Actually, I think it'd be kinda nice to see it on 3DS, ala Xenoblade Chronicles or Hyrule Warriors Legends.

The Wii U has a strong library in my opinion, but if you just want to play RPGs, then you are better off with a PS3/4 since the Wii U only has Xenoblade Chronicles X and this game (not counting indie games). Otherwise, the Wii U has a good variation in its library. I have had many good hundred hours with the Wii U without feeling left out at all from all the popular games in other consoles.

Heck, the original SMT I + II were Nintendo console or handheld exclusive until they got a port via Apple products

PSX, PCE and Sega CD ports (first for both games, the latter two only for the first game) were a thing prior. I do agree with the sentiment overall.

More on topic; home console exclusives just connote way too much money spent and/or inconvenience from my viewpoint. Though I can't really blame anyone for attempting to invigorate a less successful platform.