[FE7] Fire Emblem Nova <3 (+Screenshots)

Sweet_Basil

The title isn't final but this is my concept for a small project i'm working on. It uses a lot of free stuff such as Mugs, maps, animations, and even some of my own stuff :^_^:. There is a particular niche to this project, every single recruit-able unit references an existing character in the FE history via their starting items and bases but I won't tell you who they are until you're finished :3. There's also planned to be a Cath-like recruitment of course! I aim for this project to be simple, small but still fun. (Around 10-12 chapters)

The story is about the Nova kingdom succeeding in expanding into new territories, but struggling to keep control over their new land. The main villain (name pending) is the representative of the king in the New Nova, but gossip of his corruption and dirty tactics reach the king. The King (name pending) sends his niece Esther (with her bodyguards) as an ambassador to New Nova. She is meant to replace him momentarily and he is to show up to the King's court to be judged of his actions. The bad guy sees this as a threat and tries to kidnap her in order to manipulate the King's brother to turn against the king.

Esther's bodyguards are tasked to take her back to Nova safely at all costs, and have to face New Nova's army, bandits, and former allies.

Screenshots:

cEjMlWJ.png

Some Characters:

ARmwfV9.png
Lord Stuart: He is the Nova general in charge of protecting Xyleena Esther, he secretly loves her.
MTJIjSS.png
Lady Xyleena Esther: She is sent on a mission to New Nova, she's very smart and kind.
8XfUq7K.png
Erasmus Xavier: He is one of New Nova's patrol. He is fed up with the corruption going on in his group.
vGEF65s.png
Nancy: She is Stuart's ex-girlfriend and is part of Uma's squad sent to kill him. However she still loves him. (credit to NickT for mug's armor)
pk7BzU7.png
Sir Octavius: He is tasked by the main villain to get rid of Stuart's army and take Xyleena at all costs.

Things I may or may not do:

+Weapons like Wind, wing spear, and the bronze weapons
+Importing these classes: Griffon Rider, Rogue, Wyvern Knight (Valter's class), Halberdier, Priest, and the mage knights.
+/- Maybe the Dancer (Lalum) if I manage to succeed importing her map sprite. If not I'll use Ninian or Nils.
+/-Maybe some music if I learn it, but if not then I'll just use the base music.
-I may not do the world map for this project :(.
-The title screen.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

Nice mugs you got there!

I'm not creative enough to suggest names, yet you could use this page: http://www.behindthename.com/names

for reference. For example, if there's a Cavalier boss, you could search for names that mean ''horse'' or something like that. My advice.

By the way, the story is also very cool. I tend to like stories of people who turn against their country for fair reasons, so I hope this doesn't let me down!

Good luck!

1. Do you want a theme to your place names? I don't suggest themes for party member names, unless it's a very subtle theme (FE4 was a little too blatant for me).

2. I do NOT like Xyleema as a name - looks like it's an effort to shove letters into a name. Erasmus sounds a bit odd. Don't mind everyone else's names so far.

For now, I'd do placeholder names, and iron out the major things. Sometimes, my character names come to me as I write the story out.

I agree about the placeholder names.

I did the ABCs and everybody got their name from each letter :3. Xyleena got the X and Erasmus got the E.

As for town/place names I think something nice would do but everything I come up with sounds corny.

You know how in FE10 Oliver's castle is called Tanas Manor? I would like names like that. There are a few group names I plan to use.

1. For the kings army (npcs)

2. Bandits (maybe they'll just stay bandits?)

3. Bad guys army.

4. Mercenaries that fight against you.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

If you really want X and E, then do something like Xavier for the dude and Esther for the lady. They don't look quite as ridiculous, and they keep the "reference old FEs" theme.

1. NPCs in the king's army - how many, and how important are they to the story?

2. Bandits - see above.

3. Bad guy's army - do you have an overarching theme to your story? For example, your current kingdom name is Nova, so if you wanted Maximum Cheese, you could make the bad guys named Umbra.

4. Mercenary group - heavily depends on how you want the audience to see them (hired hands on the wrong side, corrupted guys driven by money, etc.)

I'm adopting Esther and Xavier, thanks!

1. Some of the King's army are going to appear in this map. Helping you out against the enemy, or some of them betray the king and join the enemy. Some of them also appear as messengers. All of them are minor characters except one whom is recruitable (aside from your starting group).

G2rtjd0.png
It's supposed to be a defend the king map.

2. The bandits are a little more prominent as they appear in more maps, but they are allied to the bad dude.
3. I kind of do like that name Umbra.
4. I'm leaning more towards corrupted men driven by money.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

1. Recruitable guy - you're on your own. Minor guys - again, depends on how many, and how memorable they are. If you want easily-forgettable guys, just give 'em the Nova faction name and a generic mug. If you want something more involved, it'll highly depend on how many of them there are.

2. Bandits - If you are committed to Full Cheese, perhaps these guys might offer some inspiration.

4. Since the Cheese is strong, maybe something like "Iron Blades". "But wait, that's lame!" Keep reading.

What do all of these have in common? Do a bit of research about what happens when a nova expands too much. :):

EDIT: Not totally scientifically correct, but close enough

Edited by eclipse

i think the pink is hard on the eyes, especially with the white font. I'd suggest you shoot more towards what Primefusion did with the Road to Ruin. His looks similar to what you have so far, but the land is green and the font is brownish.

Scratch that! Here it is complete with names and everything. :D

B9Bl9EE.png

The little Star things are for the bigger cities.

Bubble gum world!!! I like the color, its just the white text that bothers me.

Do any of these look good?

iTExUO0.png

I think i'm going to stay with the pink one instead of the blue-green one since a lot of people liked it..

Bottom left one. Though speaking from a color point of view, you'd have more contrast using the upper left one but with a lower brightness.

I'm looking for different route maps...and edited these from the free maps:

Snow Map

V5zlG84.png

Sacae Map

F273sxT.png

Do you think they're ok?

those almost look like my maps. . . are they edits of my maps? i mean if they are that's cool. Just wondering.