Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

kidding, mostly.

upbeat's shot was...bad. Camilla was a bodyguard watcher, which should set off some alarm bells that some roles are gonna be kooky. Even if you don't believe the role claim, the way cutiefly played around it was 100% honest and never the right shot

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, had meetings in the am and work in the evening, making it near impossible for me to sit down and read through anything.

I need a bit to re-read thoroughly, so I'll be back in a bit.

PEDIT: I'm likely feeling that the numbers notion by Cutie may in fact be a scum slip in knowing what can/will trigger any sort of *YLO or win/loss, whether it can or can't be achieved today.

#2. There is something that can be said wrt clearing up hypothetical situations/thoughts, but unsure as to how to elaborate on such.

So a few things to note:

1. Why did Cutiefly motivate Hiiro of all people N2? The lack of reads, thoughts, etc. on anyone else aside from Camilla means that there seems to be little to no reason (obvious one, I mean) as to pick Hiiro. Please explain the target of choice.

2. Please explain to us why you believe a MOTIVATOR role warrants being BLOCKED? All it does is allow secondary use of actions, that is all. That is probably one of the lowest priority roles out there to care about blocking/redirecting/etc. unless they'd pick it to redirect themselves onto scum. I do not see why scumside would bother blocking your role at all, honestly, nor would they even care to kill it (which is probably why Cutie is still alive, if they're not scum), and would rather hunt after the more dangerous roles.

3. At this point, I feel like Bolt/Hiiro/Cutie all warrant consideration for getting shot. Killing one of Bolt/Hiiro may reward us with a semi-clear (though not absolute) of the other player, which can get our focus on other player slots/possibly lynching another of the three, but I think it's viable to consider as a whole.

> For the record, while I felt Hiiro's response was more townish than scummish in the prior day phase, I don't think he fully handled his reasoning of him glazing over the announcement N1, nor has he fully said/done much to validate his action(s) either. I don't care for it, and his slot is not by any means fully cleared in favor of townside to me.

soft defends hiiro

agenda pushes a miskill at a point we cant afford it

does it not based on inherent scumminess but on the way the role is being played itself reads which are bad because people play roles and interpret them differently. Reads like a misdirect from actual sucmhunting and trying to take advantage of a vigi that will sheep. couple this with a recognition of the scumminess of hiiro but not translating that logic into "shoot him" reads agenda agenda agenda

Still highly in favour of lynching hiiro, I guess I'd be ok with upbeat?

Glad to see that Fly is here but I'm not gonna read the case now because mobile. I will say that it looks really original though, which is probably a good thing?

Anyway I don't make the "idle until mylo and then accuse someone" play as mafia because it's a bad way to play and I would die of eternal shame once aliases are lifted. We need to pick a wagon, and if we're going to follow a wagon, I think mine is as good as any. Worst case we guess wrong and lose, best case I probably die and you guys reset and give more time for any potential remaining info roles to do their thing.

I reread Upbeat because I'm not sure how I feel about their claim now that cutie flipped with a better role. Is there even a roleblocker running around? I can't recall a single roleblocked claim.

His attitude seems just too relaxed. He didn't mind lynching Bolt even though he was a town read and he was scumreading Cutiefly all game. Look at these posts, back to back:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64749&p=4457032

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64749&p=4457038

It just doesn't read consistent at all. I get that to him lynching Bolt isn't lynching a 99% townie but it just feels like for someone who was cautious to lynch people he thought were town he said he'd let Bolt drop real quick, despite not voting for him and actually pushing what he said he was happy to do. If he would have preferred to lynch Cutie that's fine but at least say it. This isn't helped by the realisation that Sharp has dropped off the face of the planet.

stop taking things out of context

why would i crumb this as scum from day 1 to cc a townie that we could've just killed anyway if we felt like it? yeah it turned out badly but as maf i didn't even need to do anything here.

sharp and bolt were different situations because my read on bolt was just "townie" whereas sharp's play was borderline suicidal for mafia because it relies on someone calling out the play and not just letting him take the fall and get turboed with no reasonable counterwagon

this is all in my posts so i really don't like this

His "claim" makes total sense as well from a scum PoV as he was clearly pushing the roles as incompatible, encouraging us to lynch one, effectively helping seal the victory. If you thought these roles were so incompatible why didn't you say anything yesterday when we had no one to lynch?

i've been trying to lynch them all game if you haven't noticed

i didn't out it going into n2 because it was not likely we would get the lynch and i'd crumbed a PR that could have been actually useful and was kind of hoping i'd be shot for it. if i claimed we nl anyway and maf just get more information. i outed it d3 because it felt like a dead game and i was prepared to take the risk to try and get things going again.

im fine with fly now because

His "claim" makes total sense as well from a scum PoV as he was clearly pushing the roles as incompatible, encouraging us to lynch one, effectively helping seal the victory. If you thought these roles were so incompatible why didn't you say anything yesterday when we had no one to lynch?

i've been trying to lynch them all game if you haven't noticed

i didn't out it going into n2 because it was not likely we would get the lynch and i'd crumbed a PR that could have been actually useful and was kind of hoping i'd be shot for it. if i claimed we nl anyway and maf just get more information

fly is alright now, their case on tetsuo makes sense although i haven't really been considering them because i feel like the player is just playing the style they normally do and im shit at reading them. this also kind of leads me to suspect hiiro because i think the two of them can normally read each other really well but i don't really want to jump to conclusions here and think hiiro's play is more in line with his towngame?

help

Yeah alright.

##Vote:Tetsuo

We need a lynch, the case is solid, and I'm ready to just move on with this game. Though people basing large amounts of their reads on people based on identity spec in an anon game is pretty lame and kinda ruins the point of anon. Anyone can pretend to be someone else so it's not even less a sure thing than it already was going to be thanks to anon

Kept trying to make posts, and internet kept wonking out.

That vig shot did not go as I expected it to. So we seriously have two investigators and [two?] buffers on town. What the heck does scum have then?

Fudge. I thought that unlimited motivator was odd and combined with that talk about numbers... I think we seriously need to consider mass claim at this point but ugh. Sorry guys.

Empowerer claim basically verifies that a hooker or driver or redirector exists. Motivator could've gone either way...based on flips, I expected scum, but I'd expect empowerer to be town.

ugh and tether is town.

Modclears...if he flips Doc or Alignment Cop.....

i kind of want to lynch fly for flaking for a similar amount of time and not being punished but

this could be me just being kind of done with this game

Going through the list; Tether, Fly, and Santa are the biggest Flakers, in that order I'd say.

Okay, so!

This ain't over till it's over!

Come on Upbeat, don't give up, Town might be down but we're not out yet!

I say that in this situation, Santa is a perfect choice for a lynch, and here's why:

- Has done little to nothing in the game[/santa] to the point where no-one can feel anything regardless to him. Was voting around Upbeat a bunch, and then turned on me once the case was already done by 3 players. Feels like a hammering to me.

- Speaking of hammering, after Camilla asked people to not hammer YHVH yet so she could get a few thoughts out he goes on and hammers anyways ensuring a Townie lynch.

- Let's not forget that all his efforts revolved around me since I was an easy lynch, always backseatting the train and throwing shade without actually stepping on the field. Besides he assumes he doesn't have to explain anythinmg, when it's the other way around.

Now, onto another topic

I've been called out for poor content, and it was true. My content has been subpar and I almost got lynched for it.

But have you guys stopped to think, why in the world was I the only one called out when so many people were doing worse?

How about Fly Amanita, for example? Does anyone has a read on him (besides Bizzarro Flame)?

I'd call this convenient with timing, since Upbeat bringing him up is one thing but you latching on immediately after, without throwing down a vote on either (both Santa and Fly having 0 votes on them at the time, even during MYLO) screams suspicious.

Please. I didn't join a game just so people could throw it for the whole mass

Yea, what she said!

Though, ISO'ing Hiiro gave me this:

Ergo, it's not much.

I think the phase ends in like 15 minutes and I'm freaking out here about a UL. I'll throw down a vote on Tetsuo just to get the game going and hope that it doesn't end...

So I will!

##Vote Tetsuo

It's more that the post itself isn't, but it is. No one had said anything about Fly until Upbeat did, then suddenly, you appear and support it with a case. That's the weird part. The "Well...if you think I'm scummy for doing X, you should find Y scummy for doing X as well!" case doesn't hold much weight.

Tetsuo was lynched! They were:

Dear Tetsuo,
You are Heimdall of the Genma Race, a recurring demon in the SMT series.
Heimdall is one of the gods in Norse Mythology, called the "White God" in the Edda. Heimdall is the guardian of the Bifrost Bridge, or the rainbow, and therefore the link between Midgard and Asgard. Legends foretell that he will sound the Gjallahorn, alerting the gods to the onset of Ragnarok, where the world ends and is reborn. Heimdall was destined to be the last of the gods to perish at Ragnarok when he and Loki would slay one another.
Heimdall, as guardian, is described as being able to hear grass growing and single leaves falling, able to see the end of the world, and so alert that he requires no sleep at all. Heimdall is described as a son of Odin, perhaps a foster son.
Being of the Genma race, you are agile and quick to follow other players in the game. Type in your role PM, twice in the game, once a night, as follows, "Track USER." The following Day Phase, you will sound the horn, and alert everyone in the game of your night results. You will learn who USER had visited, and this information will be displayed in the thread.
You are the Public Tracker. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Tether has been modkilled! They were:

Dear Tether,
You are Akihiko Sanada, a boxer in highschool, from Persona 3.
Akihiko Sanada is the mature and confident captain of his school's boxing team, as well as a senior at Gekkoukan High. He is a hard worker who balances a high GPA with near-constant training. Since Akihiko is a boxer, he uses gloves and claws in battle, but his Personas also let him wield Electricity-based magic. His Personas are Polydeuces and Caesar of The Emperor Arcana. He cannot fight for the first part of the game, due to injuries received during the Dark Hour.
Akihiko was one of the three Persona users who originally founded SEES, alongside Mitsuru and Shinjiro. He and Shinjiro were close friends as children, having grown up in an orphanage together with Akihiko's now-deceased sister Miki. However, one night when the two were chasing down a Shadow, Shinjiro's Persona went out of control and an innocent bystander was killed: Ken Amada's mother. After the incident, Shinjiro left SEES and his friendship with Akihiko became strained. The two only reconnect when Ken joins SEES, and Akihiko convinces Shinjiro to rejoin the group in order to protect him.
When Akihiko realizes that Ken only volunteered for SEES as a means to get revenge on Shinjiro, he tries to save both of them from making grave mistakes, but he arrives too late. Though Ken lets go of his vendetta, Shinjiro is fatally shot while protecting him from Takaya. In the end, Shinjiro's way of facing death head on gave Akihiko the courage to carry on in spite of all his losses. Akihiko is determined that Shinjiro's death not be in vain and to be just as fearless in the face of his own mortality.
Being well versed on being a lookout and managing situation related to the shadows, you may reply twice in the game, once a night in your role PM as follows, : "Keep an eye on USER." You will actually learn if any action targeted the first person who targeted USER. Since you aren't very good at coming to the scene on time, you won't find out the identites of any visitors.
You are the Interceptor Voyeur. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

That leaves the following players being endgamed:

Dear Upbeat,
You are Hinako Kujou, a playable character from SMT Devil Survivor 2.
A dancer living in Osaka. She is studying various styles of dancing from around the world, starting with traditional Japanese dancing. She is the single daughter of the Kujyo family head. On Monday, she aids the protagonist's party in saving Wakui Keita from falling to his death after witnessing his death clip, and then proceeds to join JP's as a civilian volunteer. On Thursday, she is crucial in summoning the demon Shiva through her Kujou style of dance. The party summons Shiva to bring down of the Septentrione, Alioth, using his weapon, the Pasupata. Depending on the protagonists choices, Hinako may be a party member from the start on Saturday,if the protagonist chooses to side with Daichi, and can be recruited on all other routes if the protagonist has a social rank with Hinako of level 4 or higher.
Using your Kujou-tyle dancing techniques, you can motivate other players in the game to make sure that their actions succeed and are not redirected. Twice in the game, once a night, reply in your role PM as follows, "Perform a refreshing dance for USER". USER's action will neither fail, nor will it be redirected
for that night.
You are the Assistant. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Dear Best Girl,
You are Chie Satonaka, one of the playable characters from Persona 4.
A resident of Inaba. She is a second-year student in Yasogami High School and an ardent fan of martial arts. She mostly uses kicks while fighting.
Chie is the first to welcome the Protagonist in school. The Protagonist, Chie, Yukiko and Yosuke begin hanging out after school and Chie introduces the rumors of the Midnight Channel. One day, Yukiko is busy so the rest of the trio head to Junes where they accidentally discover the world on the other side of the TV. Eventually Yukiko is kidnapped, and Chie decides to rescue her from the Midnight Channel.
In Yukiko's Castle, Chie's Shadow takes the form of a long haired, masked dominatrix supported by three pale, trembling Chies. The dominatrix has long black hair, similar to Yukiko's. It represents her jealousy of Yukiko's naturalGIFTSarrow-10x10.png and talents, as well as her wish and need of control over Yukiko. Chie went through a majority of design changes as the others, one of her designs even being used to develop Teddie. Chie eventually
overcomes this ordeal with the help of the protagonist and Yosuke, and gains her Persona Tomoe, of the Chariot Arcana.
Since you are part of a forgettable cast in a story filled with formulaic clichés like facing your shadow, you have no special abilities.
You are a Vanilla. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Dear Sharp,
You are Wendigo of the Jaki Race, a recurring demon in the SMT series.
A cannibal spirit of Algonquian myth. Highly associated with coldness and famine, and are also embodiments of gluttony, greed, excess, etc. Some say that those overcome with greed turn into a Wendigo. All beliefs about the Wendigo agreed that humans could turn into a Wendigo if they become cannibals or if they are possessed by a Wendigo. It was once described as "gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave." They are large and grow even more with each human they eat. Wendigo is of the Dark alignment, and is generally a demon fought early on in most of the MegaTen games.
Being an early, weak demon in most games, you have no special abilities.
You are a Vanilla. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Dear Fly Amanita,
You are Beldr, one of the boss demons from SMT Devil Survivor.
Baldr is a god from Norse myth. In the legend, Baldr and his mother had a dream of his death. Since dreams were said to be prophetic, this depressed him, so his mother Frigg made every object on Earth vow never to hurt Baldr. All objects made this vow except mistletoe. Frigg had thought it too unimportant and nonthreatening to bother asking it to make the vow (alternatively, it seemed too young to swear).
When Loki, the mischief-maker, heard of this, he made a magical spear from this plant (in some later versions, an arrow). He hurried to the place where the gods were indulging in their new pastime of hurling objects at Baldr, which would bounce off without harming him. Loki gave the spear to Baldr's brother, the blind god Höðr, who then inadvertently killed his brother with it. Later, after Ragnarok, he will return from Hel, along with Höðr, and live happily together. Beldr first appears on Day 3, when the party attempts to save Keisuke and Midori from a group of demons. After the battle is won and they all think they're safe, Beldr appears and the party must then escape. Trying to attack him is useless.
On the beginning of the same day, the Laplace Mail predicts Beldr's coming at 18:00, with hundreds of victims to die, including the party. After hearing this, the protagonist and his party desperately try to find a way to defeat Beldr, even though he is said to be immortal. Someone tells them of an item called "Devil's Fuge", which is apparently the only thing that can hurt him. The party take the Devil's Fuge from three demon tamers by force shortly before the appointed time.
During the fight, the party must fight not only Beldr, but several demons such as Pyro Jacks and Cait Siths that have been summoned by him, and will be summoned again if they are defeated. As a result of defeating Beldr, the protagonist then unwillingly becomes a part of the War of Bel. Upon defeat, Beldr realizes that Loki aided the party in obtaining the devil's fuge.
Due to your immortality, all actions targeting you fail, although they will appear to the players as though they were successful. You may be only killed by a lynch, since every player in the game has a small part of the Devil's Fuge.
You are the Negator. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Dear Tether,
You are Akihiko Sanada, a boxer in highschool, from Persona 3.
Akihiko Sanada is the mature and confident captain of his school's boxing team, as well as a senior at Gekkoukan High. He is a hard worker who balances a high GPA with near-constant training. Since Akihiko is a boxer, he uses gloves and claws in battle, but his Personas also let him wield Electricity-based magic. His Personas are Polydeuces and Caesar of The Emperor Arcana. He cannot fight for the first part of the game, due to injuries received during the Dark Hour.
Akihiko was one of the three Persona users who originally founded SEES, alongside Mitsuru and Shinjiro. He and Shinjiro were close friends as children, having grown up in an orphanage together with Akihiko's now-deceased sister Miki. However, one night when the two were chasing down a Shadow, Shinjiro's Persona went out of control and an innocent bystander was killed: Ken Amada's mother. After the incident, Shinjiro left SEES and his friendship with Akihiko became strained. The two only reconnect when Ken joins SEES, and Akihiko convinces Shinjiro to rejoin the group in order to protect him.
When Akihiko realizes that Ken only volunteered for SEES as a means to get revenge on Shinjiro, he tries to save both of them from making grave mistakes, but he arrives too late. Though Ken lets go of his vendetta, Shinjiro is fatally shot while protecting him from Takaya. In the end, Shinjiro's way of facing death head on gave Akihiko the courage to carry on in spite of all his losses. Akihiko is determined that Shinjiro's death not be in vain and to be just as fearless in the face of his own mortality.
Being well versed on being a lookout and managing situation related to the shadows, you may reply twice in the game, once a night in your role PM as follows, : "Keep an eye on USER." You will actually learn if any action targeted the first person who targeted USER. Since you aren't very good at coming to the scene on time, you won't find out the identites of any visitors.
You are the Interceptor Voyeur. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

That leaves the mafia as the victors. They were:

Dear Bolt,
You are Arthur, the AI Computer in charge of managing the systems and relaying data on the Red Sprite, in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.
During the initial attack on the Red Sprite, Arthur's systems are hacked into by an unknown source and the Demon Summoning Program is distributed to the crew's Demonicas. After the death of Commander Gore, Arthur assumes command of the Red Sprite and organizing the continuation of the mission in the Schwarzwelt, accruing masses of data and intelligence related to the Schwarzwelt.
After the Red Sprite's crew leaves Sector Eridanus, The Three Wise Men attack the ship, sending it careening into Sector Fornax. They show the crewmen a vision and ask them to consult Arthur on the information they have dispensed to him, somewhat derisively calling him a "ghost cast in circuits".
At the very end of the neutral route, Arthur decides not to return to Earth with the Red Sprite's crew, believing humanity would come to misuse the immense supernatural knowledge he'd accumulated, coming to worship him. Instead, he remains to destroy the Schwarzwelt from within, downloading his personality matrix into the bomb's core to ensure its detonation, stating humanity should never lose control over its own destiny.
Since you have supernatural, accurate knowledge of the world, you can direct your allies to protect individuals with valuable inormation from being blackmailed by other people. Every night, type in your role PM, "Safeguard USER by positioning yourselves at these co-ordinates."
Your allies will position themselves to obstruct all non-killing actions targeting USER, because unfortunately, they're only human, and don't have supernatural abilities like you.
However, you cannot safeguard those who you nightkill because the rest of the mafia are highly confident in their killing capabilities.
You are the Safeguard. You are allied with the Mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.