Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

Dear Brexit,
You are the Ghost, Purple Mirror, a demon from the SMT series, but especially well known in SMT Devil Survivor 2.
"A mysterious mirror that mediates curses. If you don't forget about its existence by the time you turn 20, you will fall victim to misfortune. Mirrors are often used as tools of religion, but this one is an implement of curses. It may seem like mere foolish superstition, but the unfounded anxiety it causes can be said to reflect the human fear of death."
—Devil Survivor 2 Compendium
Purple Mirror is the strongest member of the Ghost race, and is notable for its multiple immunities. If one were to impart Phys Repel and Force Null/Drain/Repel to it, it will become immune to anything save for Almighty attacks, a feat that can only otherwise be accomplished with Metatron and Titania.
Being a mirror that can reflect most elements, you may reply twice in the game, once a night in your role PM: "Reflect actions on USER1 to USER2, actions on USER2 to USER3, and actions from USER3 to USER1." It will be done as said. You cannot do this more than two times, because then the rest of the game will get to know your elemental weakness and use attacks of those elements which you cannot reflect.
You are the Triple Driver. You are allied with the Mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Hiiro,
You are the Demi-fiend Protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei 3:Nocturne.
You were actually a human, but a strange girl made you come into contact with a magatama- a charm filled with demonic power, and thus you became a demi-fiend - a being with a demonic body but a human heart.As a result of his parasitic fusion with the Magatama, the protagonist becomes capable of performing a variety of demonic feats, ranging from using powers granted by the Magatama to conversing with other demons. He can gain information and possibly recruit them to his side as allies if he utilizes proper skills of negotiating, taking intoACCOUNTarrow-10x10.png the demon's behavior and the phase of Kagutsuchi, which significantly affects them in the Vortex World. Throughout his journey in the Vortex World, the protagonist slowly realizes his role in the creation of the new world, and how he has significant influence on which of the established Reasons created by various factions and tribes will come into being. Even if he gains new allies and minions, he also slowly loses his friends, Isamu and Chiaki, who become hardened after realizing that they possess the potential to shape the world to their liking. Aside from them, many other individuals hope to establish the Reasons they've created in the Vortex World as well, and would actively seek out the protagonist's cooperation. Depending on the characters whose motivations he supports, various endings can be unlocked.
As a being with great power, you have the capability to stop other players in their tracks. Every night, reply in your role PM as follows :"Use my demonic powers to restrict USER!" USER will be restricted from performing any action for that night.
You are the Roleblocker.You are allied with the Mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.

Dear Santa,
You are the Persona Jiraiya of the Magician Arcana, from Persona 4.
Legends say that you are a great ninja with the ability to transform into a giant toad using shapeshifting magic. In Persona 4, Jiraiya is Yosuke Hanamura's Initial Persona. When he and the protagonist enter the Midnight Channel to investigate the death of Saki Konishi, Yosuke faces his "other self" and obtains the facade used to overcome life's hardships, the Persona Jiraiya.
Becauase you are a ninja, you have the power to create illusions of other players in the game. Twice in the game, once a night, you may reply in your role PM as follows: "Using the power of illuion, fake USER1 visiting USER 2!" USER 1 will have appeared to have visited USER2, but in reality, would have not.
Also, being a ninja, you do not appear in any investigation dealing with visits.
You are the Ninja Visit Faker You are allied with the Mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.

And finally, the alias list:

1.Lord Gaius- Santa

2.SB- Upbeat
3.Scorri -Bast
4.Refa-->JBCWK - Best Girl
5.Freyjadour- cutiefly
6.Ken masters- Sharp
7. Mitsuki- B-Cup Camilla
8. Faerie Knight- Azure Blood
9. DLE- Fly Amanita
10. Elieson- Bolt
11. Zeonth- Tether
12. Eurykins- Tetsuo
13. Boron-->kirsche- Brexit
14. Shinori- Hiiro
15. Regret- YHVH

Woah

Here I was, convinced that Eurykins was in the game, thinking she was not Tetsuo. Good job at concealing your identity with not-mega-wall posts!

3.Scorri -Bast

what

Just thought I'd post this:

[14/07/2016 4:54:23 PM] Abhi: I like how
[14/07/2016 4:54:30 PM] Abhi: I ended up giving you SB's account
[14/07/2016 4:54:31 PM] Abhi: its like
[14/07/2016 4:54:38 PM] Abhi: you two really tied the knot with each other
[14/07/2016 4:54:56 PM] Roofa: lmao

The ship is real!

Ok more seriously, this game did a very good job of reminding me why I stopped playing mafia. It's zero fun when half the game is inactive and especially when they're around to post actions but are not posting on thread. See also why I should have shot Santa. The other part is I hate hate hate when people throw emotion at you just because you accuse them of being scummy. I don't care of it's the worst case in the world, you should respond to them in a not rage way. See also why I should have shot Hiiro and also the reason I didn't because I was afraid I was letting my bias towards that way of playing get to me. Sorry freyj for shooting you. You prolly didn't deserve it, I just felt like unlimited motivator was a weird role.

But yeah really mafia sux

It's fine. I had my internet access withdrawn for two whole days, and when I came back, it was really hard to jump back in.

I purposely set my gender to Female and put my member badge icon to Elibe to try to throw off my identity for whatever reason.

FWIW the triple driver was overcomplicated to the point of not wanting to even use it and the Safeguard was relatively unnecessary, as we wanted buffs just as bad as the next guy. The only real benefit it gave us was dodging the trackers, as we had no idea town lacked a hook/redirect/standard cop

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It was pretty funny how you figured out my alias, though. I should probably make something more neutral for future Anonymafia games.

Man, I really tried to be 100% honest in this game, and act like a little innocent Townie, but life kinda decided to get on the way.

At least what I can get from this is that no matter what you try, what's important is to just never give up and push till you either get lynched or your read is dead. It was also a realization that readlists, while complete garbage on its own, can be used to generate content, which is the only way to catch Mafia. I mean, look at those mafiosos, and half of'em where doing nothing the last day :P

All in all, good experience on how some of the mechanics truly works.

No need to mind that much of a loss when there are plenty more games to be played :)

I hope ken's IRL situation is ok

While it's not solved, i'm on much better situation as of now.

Thanks for caring :)

Edited by Riptor

Okay, so I want to talk about hammers.

I understand why we started using them - it forces town to work together and if the town is inactive then they deserve some kind of punishment.

HOWEVER, this punishes the townies who are actually around and trying and benefits scum to lurk because then they can just deny town's lynches. Very rarely are maflynches hammer wagons made up of all townies, and expecting as much is kind of unreasonable. If a mechanic relies on scum bussing then I don't think it's that solid.

I also don't think hammers are really compatible with 72 hour days in general - especially for D1. If RVS lasts for 24 hours and consolidation for 24, that only leaves 24 to play the game - and sometimes you get slow RVSes that just don't break even when people are posting which take longer.

D1 of this game feels so bad because we're being punished because there are like 4 people who signed up and decided not to play. Brexit got busy and that's whatever, things happen but everyone else just kind of left us out to dry.

Okay, so I want to talk about hammers.

I understand why we started using them - it forces town to work together and if the town is inactive then they deserve some kind of punishment.

HOWEVER, this punishes the townies who are actually around and trying and benefits scum to lurk because then they can just deny town's lynches. Very rarely are maflynches hammer wagons made up of all townies, and expecting as much is kind of unreasonable. If a mechanic relies on scum bussing then I don't think it's that solid.

I also don't think hammers are really compatible with 72 hour days in general - especially for D1. If RVS lasts for 24 hours and consolidation for 24, that only leaves 24 to play the game - and sometimes you get slow RVSes that just don't break even when people are posting which take longer.

D1 of this game feels so bad because we're being punished because there are like 4 people who signed up and decided not to play. Brexit got busy and that's whatever, things happen but everyone else just kind of left us out to dry.

clearly this is why we should be running modified hammer games like i do

:P

while we're here, forced hammers suck. having also said that, you still need a minimum of people to lynch at deadline imo otherwise the gamestate stagnates. and it's not like these problems have exactly come about recently; in my very first game hosted we had minimal votes for a majority (like, 3 out of 12 or smth) and that wasn't okay. that was 4 years ago now?

i think the other point that needs to get tied in is that you shouldn't sign up if you don't intend on playing, and also noting that anonymafia is a bit more effort required than a normal game. it has other issues as well, but that's not what i'm here for currently

Oh, the game ended.

I wanted to keep playing in this game just so I could make Brexit jokes, but Marth had asked me to play when I didn't really have the time to begin with … and then I got busier at work. (In addition to other things that I do that are not work but time consuming.) This was an interesting game.