Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

As much as your defense of "what if I'm town" makes sense for yourself, think about this;

The Vig just claimed. Either they use their shot or they don't, and then town is theoretically down one Vig tonight if scum ends up taking them out. In terms of aiming, answering our Vig's request of who to shoot, and for that I'm Sticking with it because I'm not town reading you enough to warrant defending you. It sounds like you'd sooner see the vig take a risk and not shoot, and that's not smart right now, after the claim is alread yout!

I'm probably a bit bias because I'm not sure yet why you targetted me with whatever but theres a chance for a UL happening and I'm voting for my #1 scumread.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used my motivator N1 on Camilla just because they were the towniest player and my motivator is unlimited.

With Tether's mod kill and a possible Vig, it's possible to either win the game or lose the game just from today.

I haven't been particularly motivated and it's my own fault.

Sorry, had meetings in the am and work in the evening, making it near impossible for me to sit down and read through anything.

I need a bit to re-read thoroughly, so I'll be back in a bit.

PEDIT: I'm likely feeling that the numbers notion by Cutie may in fact be a scum slip in knowing what can/will trigger any sort of *YLO or win/loss, whether it can or can't be achieved today.

#2. There is something that can be said wrt clearing up hypothetical situations/thoughts, but unsure as to how to elaborate on such.

So a few things to note:

1. Why did Cutiefly motivate Hiiro of all people N2? The lack of reads, thoughts, etc. on anyone else aside from Camilla means that there seems to be little to no reason (obvious one, I mean) as to pick Hiiro. Please explain the target of choice.

2. Please explain to us why you believe a MOTIVATOR role warrants being BLOCKED? All it does is allow secondary use of actions, that is all. That is probably one of the lowest priority roles out there to care about blocking/redirecting/etc. unless they'd pick it to redirect themselves onto scum. I do not see why scumside would bother blocking your role at all, honestly, nor would they even care to kill it (which is probably why Cutie is still alive, if they're not scum), and would rather hunt after the more dangerous roles.

3. At this point, I feel like Bolt/Hiiro/Cutie all warrant consideration for getting shot. Killing one of Bolt/Hiiro may reward us with a semi-clear (though not absolute) of the other player, which can get our focus on other player slots/possibly lynching another of the three, but I think it's viable to consider as a whole.

> For the record, while I felt Hiiro's response was more townish than scummish in the prior day phase, I don't think he fully handled his reasoning of him glazing over the announcement N1, nor has he fully said/done much to validate his action(s) either. I don't care for it, and his slot is not by any means fully cleared in favor of townside to me.

Cutiefly has been shot to oblivion! They were:

Dear cutiefly,
You are Nalagiri of the Vile/Kishin race, a recurring demon in the series.
Nalagiri is a king of elephants of Sri Lankan myth. It is thought to be the origin of Ganesha. In one Buddhist tale, the Buddha's cousin, Devadatta, envious of his kinsman, incited the elephant Nalagiri into a mad frenzy, hoping he would trample Siddhartha. However, with a single touch, the Buddha calmed Nalagiri, and even gave him a personal dharma sermon. Nalagiri is usually of the Dark alignment, with a Law or neutral alignment depending upon the game. In the devil survivor series, being of the kishin race, you allow a party to attack twice a turn.
With your given abilities, you can reply in the thread every night as follows: "Allow USER to attack twice for the next night." USER will gain the power to use their night action twice, for the following night.
You are the Motivator. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

Fudge. I thought that unlimited motivator was odd and combined with that talk about numbers... ugh and tether is town. I think we seriously need to consider mass claim at this point but ugh. Sorry guys.

its ok im playing like shit and being busy for the past few days has not helped

##Unvote For mylo.

Should've shot Hiiro, their stuff on Best girl is bad but I'll let them address it for the most part. tl;dr is that accusing someone of tunnelling you is lame because

a) it's basically guilt tripping them into backing off. Very manipulative.

b) rather than attacking the logic for tunnelling it just throws shade on the attacker, as if that means anything.

I hope you guys like how tl;dr that was. =D

I reread Upbeat because I'm not sure how I feel about their claim now that cutie flipped with a better role. Is there even a roleblocker running around? I can't recall a single roleblocked claim.

His attitude seems just too relaxed. He didn't mind lynching Bolt even though he was a town read and he was scumreading Cutiefly all game. Look at these posts, back to back:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64749&p=4457032

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64749&p=4457038

It just doesn't read consistent at all. I get that to him lynching Bolt isn't lynching a 99% townie but it just feels like for someone who was cautious to lynch people he thought were town he said he'd let Bolt drop real quick, despite not voting for him and actually pushing what he said he was happy to do. If he would have preferred to lynch Cutie that's fine but at least say it. This isn't helped by the realisation that Sharp has dropped off the face of the planet.

Santa has also disappeared and Camilla was the only one really pushing him. Hiiro/Santa/Upbeat/Sharp scumteam imo.

i kind of want to lynch fly for flaking for a similar amount of time and not being punished but

this could be me just being kind of done with this game

zzzzz can we not let scum lose us the game like this holy shit. Not that fly is exactly confirmed town but we're not lynching a hyper inactive in first mylo just because "this game is so tiresome ugh".

His "claim" makes total sense as well from a scum PoV as he was clearly pushing the roles as incompatible, encouraging us to lynch one, effectively helping seal the victory. If you thought these roles were so incompatible why didn't you say anything yesterday when we had no one to lynch?

Well this game just went into a spiral of madness and MYLO'ness. That isn't good at all.

Should we just put out whatever information we can and hope we can procure scum as a result to give us some sort of chance? Mass claiming usually sucks, I feel, but if we're at the point of MYLO, I don't think we have much options left. Might also clarify some things, but also might not- depends on whatever information we end up getting.

I'm all up for it, but that's just becuse my role is no real danger of getting shot for the Mafia.

I doubt we have a cop because if by now he/she should have some results. But a doctor is a posibility, and luring'em out could prove worthless.

Anyways, I am a Vainilla Townie, as I had claimed before.

I don't know if we'd have a doctor with a motivator + bodyguard already on the table. Seems a bit too strong in terms of protection/death prevention for townside, even if the latter dies in protecting someone.