The Absolute Worst Fire Emblem Characters.

His low luck is still pretty damning, since it takes his otherwise respectable durability and makes it subpar in practice. And his garbage tier personal doesn't help.

It's funny.

He was the MVP in my first Conquest run. I never ever expected to see a fighter with the most kills in a FE run since I hate this class.

My Arthur was blessed in defense and speed so I was a bit lucky.

All in all he's far away from being the worst.

Goddess icons and luck drinks (you can buy for each chapter) help.

If his luck is still too low, pair him up with Effie to let him survive one crit or pair him with Elise to get more luck.

Subaki is the definition of trash.

Yeah, he was the worst unit statwise in my Birthright run.

His only good point was his mobility.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny.

He was the MVP in my first Conquest run. I never ever expected to see a fighter with the most kills in a FE run since I hate this class.

My Arthur was blessed in defense and speed so I was a bit lucky.

All in all he's far away from being the worst.

Goddess icons and luck drinks (you can buy for each chapter) help.

If his luck is still too low, pair him up with Effie to let him survive one crit or pair him with Elise to get more luck.

Yeah, he was the worst unit statwise in my Birthright run.

His only good point was his mobility.

Yeah, well, I wouldn't expect him to do much other than drag the team down. I've seen my fair share of unreliable fighters, and Arthur's just another one of them, albeit for different reasons as most of the rest. Aside from his piss-poor luck, his ability to hit things is questionable, too.

As for Subaki, I'm not sure if he really is that bad, but I'd personally expect more from him than Rinkah.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, well, I wouldn't expect him to do much other than drag the team down. I've seen my fair share of unreliable fighters, and Arthur's just another one of them, albeit for different reasons as most of the rest. Aside from his piss-poor luck, his ability to hit things is questionable, too.

As for Subaki, I'm not sure if he really is that bad, but I'd personally expect more from him than Rinkah.

Arthur's actually got one of the highest Skill growths in the game. 55% before class considerations, and 70% as a Fighter. Not RNG proof, but pretty close. His low hit is mostly attributed to having Axes, which raising the weapon level can help a lot with.

I agree with Subaki being pretty trash. He's the slowest Peg Knight I've ever tried to use, and his growths range from mediocre to awful. Being a Flyer is the only thing he has going for him. How someone with a 20% Speed growth can call himself perfect, I have no idea.

You can also take Gamble off of him to get rid of the hit debuff, since he doesn't really want the crit before promoting.

Edited by Gradivus.

You can also take Gamble off of him to get rid of the hit debuff, since he doesn't really want the crit before promoting.

Arthur's actually got one of the highest Skill growths in the game. 55% before class considerations, and 70% as a Fighter. Not RNG proof, but pretty close. His low hit is mostly attributed to having Axes, which raising the weapon level can help a lot with.

I agree with Subaki being pretty trash. He's the slowest Peg Knight I've ever tried to use, and his growths range from mediocre to awful. Being a Flyer is the only thing he has going for him. How someone with a 20% Speed growth can call himself perfect, I have no idea.

I guess you two are right, but still, that's something that'd stand out when your presence on the team is already more of a hindrance than a help.

I guess you two are right, but still, that's something that'd stand out when your presence on the team is already more of a hindrance than a help.

Now that part is just something you're randomly taking for granted.

Now that part is just something you're randomly taking for granted.

Maybe it is, but I'm kinda justified in saying that when letting Arthur see combat, more often than not, is akin to playing Russian roulette, thanks to crit being more valuable for the enemy than the player.

Wait, if Arthur is considered worst (which I don't know yet), then what about Knoll in Sacred Stones?

Knoll has access to the Hoplon Guard, as stated earlier. Also, he can contribute without needing to be on the chopping block.

I haven't heared yet that FE14 gives you an item which prevents you from crits. (DLC maybe ?)

Well, one of the skills from the Vanguard class boosts crit evade. Also, there's a scroll for said skill.

Then of course there is the option to use Bronce weapons among other weapons. Works better then one might think since they can be easily upgraded.

Edited by BrightBow

Then of course there is the option to use Bronce weapons among other weapons. Works better then one might think since they can be easily upgraded.

not to mention bronze weapon also help with Arthur's early hit rate issues.

"luck is a worthless stat" and "bronze weapons are useless" are bad memes that should die just like "gerik doesn't have the con to wield axes" and "Gheb" did.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Wait, if Arthur is considered worst (which I don't know yet), then what about Knoll in Sacred Stones?

He's not, Levant is just afraid of a slight crit chance in the same way he won't use Takumi because a 90% hit rate isn't enough for him for some reason.

Edited by Jedi

He's not, Levant is just afraid of a slight crit chance in the same way he won't use Takumi because a 90% hit rate isn't enough for him for some reason.

if you want my honest opinion, Subaki is the worst unit in general on Fates, i mean what niche can he fulfill that others in his class can't?

Arthur is literally the opposite of Charlotte, i've made use of both of them on my Conquest (and Revelations) run because they fulfill different niche's and excel at them given the proper resources.

i still haven't been answered who else makes better use of goddess icons then Arthur on Conquest, because there isn't an answer.

I suppose Kaze, but his Passive is nearly useless since it runs off his luck stat and his luck is awful, heck Selena i'd argue has an awful passive as well, Arthur's you can atleast make use of this and work around the disadvantage, i'd rather have that then a passive that will almost never see the light of day and might as well not exist.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

if you want my honest opinion, Subaki is the worst unit in general on Fates, i mean what niche can he fulfill that others in his class can't?

Arthur is literally the opposite of Charlotte, i've made use of both of them on my Conquest (and Revelations) run because they fulfill different niche's and excel at them given the proper resources.

i still haven't been answered who else makes better use of goddess icons then Arthur on Conquest, because there isn't an answer.

I suppose Kaze, but his Passive is nearly useless since it runs off his luck stat and his luck is awful, heck Selena i'd argue has an awful passive as well, Arthur's you can atleast make use of this and work around the disadvantage, i'd rather have that then a passive that will almost never see the light of day and might as well not exist.

Doesn't Kaze's passive run off the luck stat of who he's supporting?

Anyways, I'd assume that Camilla, for one, might like one since her Luck isn't too hot. And for me, it's that the positive effect of Arthur's personal not only fails to be relevant, but it also doesn't come close to making up for the negative effect, for reasons I already stated. At least Selena's does have some situations where it can be useful, which is more than can be said for Arthur's.

WRT Subaki, I'd say he at least has some use in Revelations because Hinoka joins waaaay later than she does in BR, and Shigure and Caeldori, respectively, require marrying Azura and Subaki himself off.

By opposite of Charlotte do you mean in that she loves giving Crit gifts and he loves receiving them? :P

They're both awesome units in my opinion. If I had to name someone as the worst in Fates it's most definitely Odin, everyone else is quite helpful but he's just sort of there.

I really question if RD has a candidate for worst unit in the series when there are so many resources available and every unit is usable despite its conditions.

Fiona discussion caught my attention when people say Meg is better than her. On paper you'll think Meg is better because she joins earlier and might catch up, but she grows terribly by having awful hit, and awful move. On the other hand, Fiona is far better in the long term, and by Part 4, you'll forget the crappy unit she was at base; while Meg's usefulness is limited.

Lyre is terrible because she tinks enemies, but BEXP + Blossom is the way to go with her. However she's just terrible in the long term and will rely on reaching SS rank and triggering Rend.

That said, I guess the worst unit is Wendy. I've had better experience with Sophia then Wendy.

Well, if a unit's always always facing crit chances, it's not a matter of IF that crit chance will fuck you over - it's WHEN. Aside from that, a crit doesn't have to be fatal to be bad. All told, if a unit's always facing crit chances, that's generally grounds for me to deem that unit a liability, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In comparison, misses aren't much more than an annoyance, most of the time at least (though that does depend on what you're attacking).

Well, if a unit's always always facing crit chances, it's not a matter of IF that crit chance will fuck you over - it's WHEN. Aside from that, a crit doesn't have to be fatal to be bad. All told, if a unit's always facing crit chances, that's generally grounds for me to deem that unit a liability, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In comparison, misses aren't much more than an annoyance, most of the time at least (though that does depend on what you're attacking).

What if you receive no damage? I think you're making your Arthur hate go far beyond needed.

Arthur's main issues are early game where he needs hit and ddg buffs to kill enemies consistently. As soon as he gets Hero he'll have nice def to take low dmg and even a crt isn't a huge deal on him. He then gets Axebreaker and can wield Dual Club to consistently face Sword and Axe dudes without Dual Katana.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Tormod in FE10. He joins decent enough in about 2/3 of the way through part 1 and then you don't get him again until the end of part 4 along with Muarim.

Tormod nor any unit in the LEA are an issue because by Part 4 you get a truck load of BEXP from the 3 teams. Tormod can get all the BEXP from base to 20 and cap every stat except lck, then promote, give him one or two mag and sp lv ups to meet benchmarks, either Resolve or Adept and just watch him wreck everything. It's not even an issue when in Part 1 you can give him 3 or 4 level ups with BEXP.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Tormod in FE10. He joins decent enough in about 2/3 of the way through part 1 and then you don't get him again until the end of part 4 along with Muarim.

Probably because his actually good in the First Part... Then again, Tormod is pretty much destroyed for his availability.

And well... Unlike Fiora, he can actually work in the game with BExp, because he actually has good enough bases that can be capped easily with some BExp.

Edited by Troykv

What if you receive no damage? I think you're making your Arthur hate go far beyond needed.

Arthur's main issues are early game where he needs hit and ddg buffs to kill enemies consistently. As soon as he gets Hero he'll have nice def to take low dmg and even a crt isn't a huge deal on him. He then gets Axebreaker and can wield Dual Club to consistently face Sword and Axe dudes without Dual Katana.

If you're taking that little, or even no damage, it wouldn't matter much, at least unless your unit was dangerously low. All told, whilst it's true Arthur might be able to survive a crit, depending on what it was that crit him, he might not be able to take much more than that.

Anyways, I saw mention of Charlotte, and I'm convinced she ain't much better than Arthur is - she has the same "I can't hit the broad side of a barn" problem he has, but instead of being ridiculously susceptible to crits, she's just fragile.

You know what, I don't think I can care anymore about Arthur's bad luck. I'm going to give the American patriot a try in my LP and see it for myself. (I guess I'll have to get him the Hero promotion for his radiant American glory!)

I can't agree with you on this because like the others said he can get a lot of BEXP and he has by default A in fire tomes making it easier for him to use spells like Rexflame.