Fire Emblem: Custom Dbz

Jackron

Hey, this has been on my mind for a while and it will be in this section for a longer amount of time until i finish my first game (Fire Emblem: WOTF). I don't necessarily know how I'm gonna make this, so Leave my your name or story ideas of what should be in each story that I make for people. In each story, there will be minor changes but I'll have the story adjust to the person's personality individually. Post your name and personality and other notes and I'll write the them down for later.

So do you want user-submitted saiyans? Will there be a weapons system, or will the characters fist-fight? Wouldn't mind making up a character for you, but I'd like a little more info so I know what you're looking for.

Also, will this story be pre-saiyan genocide? An alternate universe? Or will it coincide with DBZ cannon?

I mean, no one's going to be willing to make any contributions when there is literally nothing. No premise, even. "Fire Emblem: Custom Dbz" is really vague, and you've given nothing to back it up. You need a basic idea if you want any help on this.

What game engine is being hacked?

Estimated length of the hack?

Plot outline?

Major changes from Fire Emblem mechanics?

What DragonBall mechanics will be included?

Questions like these are things you should be thinking of before making a post.

Ok, ok, ok. I understand this and I'll go a little more in depth. First of all, I'm mimicing the FE8 engine. Using the common hacking tools A.K.A. : Mappy, Event assembler, F_Editor and Usenti.

It's gonna be around 80 chapters, maybe. Can't say the end before the beginning.

The majority of the weapons will be either fists or energy. Some will have extras, specialties as you will. I'll put in a few weapons as cool legendaries.

I don't care about what race, write the race down and I'll make it if you don't want to.

Ok, ok, ok. I understand this and I'll go a little more in depth. First of all, I'm mimicing the FE8 engine. Using the common hacking tools A.K.A. : Mappy, Event assembler, F_Editor and Usenti.

It's gonna be around 80 chapters, maybe. Can't say the end before the beginning.

The majority of the weapons will be either fists or energy. Some will have extras, specialties as you will. I'll put in a few weapons as cool legendaries.

I don't care about what race, write the race down and I'll make it if you don't want to.

"mimicing"

...So you're working in FE7 and adding FE8 features?

"80"

no

Making 80 chapters is inhumanly impossible and no one will want to play any game for that amount of time. Go for 10-20.

So the weapon triangle and 50% of the strategy and difference in units is out?

F_Editor

i'm tilted already

i don't mean to disparage your idea, but the one thing i'm going to offer is that 80 chapters is pushing the limits of what the GBA engine can handle

Edited by CT075

Okay, obviously people don't like long stories and things that might brake a gba. I'll make it about 20-30 chapters maybe. I don't know what you mean by saying the strategy is out and the difference between units, but neccisarrily, the weapon triangle is out. And I meant Mimic -Ing

This idea will be difficult to do, I made it that way and I plan to go through with it. It will take time and you guys keep giving criticism and I'll think a bit more than 5%.

Okay, obviously people don't like long stories and things that might brake a gba. I'll make it about 20-30 chapters maybe. I don't know what you mean by saying the strategy is out and the difference between units, but neccisarrily, the weapon triangle is out. And I meant Mimic -Ing

This idea will be difficult to do, I made it that way and I plan to go through with it. It will take time and you guys keep giving criticism and I'll think a bit more than 5%.

That's still a lot of chapters for a first project. Only the Last Promise has around that amount and TLP is...it's own thing. And by removing the triangle, you're removing a major part of gameplay. If everyone uses the same weapons, you don't even have to think about the advantages and all of your units will only be different in their stats.

Well, first of all, it's not that the people don't like long stories, it's that you don't have a story lol. If you're going to let other people decide the story for you, it won't be your game, and you won't achieve nothing at all. And yeah, 80 chapters is frickin' insane, first of all because it literally breaks GBA, and second because no one wants to go through 80 chapters to feel themselves satisfied with completing the game.

As Floral said above, if you remove the weapon triangle, that literally removes strategy. And counting that that ki-based moves go a LONG distance, the strategy will basically be ''keep the distance between you and your enemy and shoot ki waves at him until it drops dead, like a professional coward''

DBZ is so different than Fire Emblem that making a good game using GBAFE takes a lot of effort and good ideas to avoid problems like the one I described above. You'd need to revamp entirely weapons, stats and etc...

Good luck with doing 20-30 good chapters!

Edited by CrystalPoke

People don't tell me the story. I write them for them based on their personality and other aspects, note in my previous posts that I explained all of this.

Also,

YOU WANT A STORY? HERE YOU GO:

In the age of 549, the age of war is at hand. You, or the person you wanna play as, goes to earth in a space pod (You can't be human unless you came from another planet). You are originally sent there by another frost demon, or frieza race to destroy it. Since the development of strong people is a rare sight, at that time, you are a common soldier. You can have the chance to either, massacare the people of earth or go against your boss's wishes and fight against your own soldiers (note that if you attack your own soldiers, you'll have really weak earthlings at your side as you try to fight them, noted as hard mode) The story will end in one of two ways. The first (human genocide) will end in fighting the first half dragon, half people kind of things. If you win, then earth gets sold to your boss by your fellow soldiers. The second (Soldier genocide) will end in you fighting your boss on their own planet (possibly you going supersaiyan or reaching some other kind of form). If you win, you will be the boss and construct soldiers to conquer planets for you instead. (Humans and some fellow soldiers will accompany you on the journey and war). Meanwhile, on earth, all the countries are at war with each other and therefore, you will get people from all around and governments will pay less attention to you to start.

One last thing: the weapon triangle will not be discluded. Fists will be stronger than anything exept the special attacks. Fists are weak to energy volleys, volleys are weak to energy waves and waves are weak to fists.

Aight but....what happens to Defense and Resistance? Will Ki use the Magic Stat? Will Punches use the Str? Also, what happens to Bows, Tomes, and Healing?

What happens with flight? DBZ characters fly, right?

The story's fine, it's good.

Also, repeating what Floral said, what do you mean adding in FE8 features? Why don't you just hack FE8?

Are Ki lances or are Ki tomes?

Also yeah, you're just starting out and 30 chapters is still a bit pushing it.

defense is going to be put towards fists and kicks, resistance is put towards energy volley and wave. Magic will turn to Ki cont. (control) Punches will turn to Dex. Bows will be replaced with guns because thats what humans and the invaders use. Healing will go to plants or namekian healers elixer being the senzu bean. Most of dbz fights take place on the ground anyway, but I will make sky kind of levels if I can. Otherwise, they stay on the ground, they dash when moving. Also, I am hacking FE8, its hard to english sometimes. Depending on what ki type, will make it as a weapon.

The weapon catagories go as follows :

Fists & Legs, based upon Dex, can be used in range (dashing) as in close, easy to use, weapon skill; unarmed (Fist icon)||

energy volley, based upon Ki cont., can be used in range as in close, slightly "heavier"(people tend to get tired after fireing lots of ki) than using fists, weapon skill; blast (ki blast icon) ||

energy wave, based upon Ki cont., can be used in ranged as in close, "heaviest"(charge time and after feeling) weapon to use, weapon skill; wave (ki wave or kamehameha icon) ||

Guns, based upon Dex, can only be used in ranged, fast, but weak, weapon skill; Firearm (Pistol icon)

Healing hands, based upon Ki cont. can only be used to heal (obviously) weapon skill; Hand (Open hand icon)

Specials:

Ki fists, based upon Combo (replace luck), can only be used in close, almost perfectly in between fists and volley in "weight", weapon skill; Unarmed

Ki bomb, based upon Ki cont., can only be used in very long range (like a balista), can't move with it, marked with energy fields on the map, about as slow as waves, weapon skill; blast

Charged wave, based upon Ki cont., can be used like a longbow in only range, "heaviest" weapon, most damage, weapon skill; wave

Sniper, based upon Dex, can be used like a eclipse, strongest gun, slightly slower than volley, weapon skill; Firearm

Special touch, based upon Ki cont., can only be used by the most expierienced healers (S level), heals ailments and health, weapon skill; Hand

majority of weapons there. :Rei: