So, this is a little reflexion that popped when I and my best friend were having a discussion. He started getting to my nerves, and then we argued a bit. Then, it became a humouristic thing, and finally, it ended with the reflexion that I'm posting. And I'm doing it, because I felt like sharing my thoughts with you. Who knows, maybe it can change your ways of seeing everything? You'll have to read this to discover it!

[spoiler=Warning: Huge wall of text frickin' incoming]So, you should know what things like puberty, adolescence and that kind of stuff do to people (the
youth, in which I still belong): It makes them act differently. It makes them think
differently. It makes them be total jerks, when they shouldn't be. How many children
in the age of 5-10 or so are jerks? Not a lot, I assume? In my country, we call this
''the rooster age''. Or something like that. I'm not perfect at English, alright? >:c
It may sound stupid in English, but it's quite certain in my country, because there, a ''rooster''
is a person that it's a total jerk, and he doesn't give shit about being it. But at the end of the day,

he is just a chicken who isn't able to tell things to the face.

But to resume: The adolescence is an age where people start acting rebellous. And my reflexion
is, that from there, there are THREE types of person, each one acting differently to the changes that the adolescence delivers:

Person 1: He is mentally mature. He knows the consecuences of the adolescence. He knows that he shouldn't be
acting like a total jerk. And he won't take the idea of succumbing to the adolescence.
He is well aware that, those guys in the school, who are jerks and need to have the
feeling of being superior to the others, or bully the most inoffensive ones (the person 1
type), shouldn't act like that. However, in an irony, he acts rebellous against the adolescence. He doesn't like
the idea of being someone else, and not themselves. And because of the thoughts he has,
other people of the school will reject him from groups (friend groups, heck, even sport
groups), because not a lot of people think like he does. He will suffer in the adolescence. A lot, or a little, depends. I think It's fair enough
to say that, I belong to this kind of people. However, I won't go in depth with my story.

Person 2: You could say that he can be as mentally mature as Person 1 is. However, he
DID succumb to the adolescence. He didn't resist the thought of being a rebellous little
jerk. He adapted to it. He knew that, were he have thoughts of the Person 1, he would
get rejected. So, in a try to have a lot of friends and stuff, his social worries overcome his pride.
Person 2 can be a little jerk, a middle ground, or a total asshole. That depends.
But, in the end, it's not his fault. He may be lucky enough to not have any problems with his life. My best friend belongs to this category.

Person 3: This can be considered as a thing apart. Person 3 thought: ''Well fuck this shit,
why I need to care about moralism and stuff, I will just go and smoke some weed with some other junkies who also think like me!''
I don't think he is very mature, mentally-wise. He belongs to this kind of people who you can find smoking in a corner,
making girls of 15 years pregnant (who also think like them), and stupid stuff like this.
To be honest, these guys can almost never be trusted. They'll surely back-stab you, if needed.
And due to this, Person 3 will SURELY suffer a lot in the future, even if he is cooky at the adolescence, because most of these guys are uncultivate and I doubt they'll ever get a job,

or have the determination to study and get one.
Sadly, there's one person of my school that I know that belongs to this kind of people. And he's a total motherfucker.

Think of this like a cycle. Person 2 may turn to Person 3. Person 3 may became mature, mentally-wise,
and turn to Person 1 or 2. Person 1 may change his mind and succumb to Person 2. And in a worst case scenario, Person 1 may have enough with the life and became Person 3
because he doesn't have any choice. Either that, or commit seppuku.

However, misunderstoods, discussions and fights may happen. It's to hard to take factors and analysis in account when talking to someone without screwing it up. We're too lazy to think what to always say, because we have to interact with sooo many people everyday, that it would get so tedious. So, don't let fights get in the way of relationships. But sadly, sometimes, it can't be helped. It has to happen.

Well, if you managed to read all of this, I thank you for sparing a bit of your time reading this kind of stuff, that may very well depress you,
or make you feel better. If it's the former one, well, I'm sorry!

So, that's it! And no, I'm not emo, and I'm not a person who tends to be depressive. I'm a very optimistic person. I just like to do these kinds of reflexion.
This one in particular made me feel better with myself.

Thank you for your attention, and remember. We all have to get through adolescence, one way or another, sadly. And I'm too lazy to make this look better. I know it's a mess, mostly because it was a bit rushed, the paragraphs are messed up, English is not my main language and it can be a bit of a problem to understand it, but you'll have to DEAL WITH IT. Have a good day!

Well, as long as puberty doesn't hit you on the back of the head like a rock, u good.

I personally like to think of puberty/adolescence as a "class tree branch off" if ya know what i mean. Idk where i'm at tho :P

I guess I belong to the category of the Person 1, but that's more because, to me, adolescence doesn't look like so different from the years I had as a child; no I can even say that nothing has really changed at all: yes, I've changed my idea on some things and get my own idea on other, but the way I live my life, the bonds I havd with my family, my way to socialize etc...

hasn't changed. Perhaps It's a bad thing, perhaps It isn't, but I can personally say that I am satisfied with how things are now.

The teenage years aren't easy for anyone, man. Nobody's mentally mature, and everybody's got to find a way to blow off steam. Some face challenges that let them come off looking pretty capable and innocent in others' eyes, but that doesn't mean they didn't make mistakes. Others find no escape to their difficulties except drinking, starting drama, obsessively playing games at the expense of their social life and academics, or other variably addictive, variably destructive behaviors.

My advice is try to find an outlet that's productive or at least neutral. Dedicate that energy into art, music, reading and exploration. Go for sweet girls, not street girls. If you really must use a substance to feel good, limit it to coffee and pot. Don't procrastinate your goals, the better you do earlier in life the easier it is to do still better later.

It doesn't magically get better when you turn 18. Being a young adult isn't easy, either. But there's a peace that comes as you come to know yourself and accept your path in life.

Hey, honestly, your post comes across as pretty condescending and arrogant. It basically groups you into the most authentic, mature and true to yourself category. You blame people rejecting you on them, and you assume that the person in group 2 is more accepted because he's sort of sold out and compromised himself.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You might be absolutely right about, to be specific, you and your friend. I mean, apparently you talked with him about this. I don't think you should assume you're right about him if he disagreed with you about whether his social worry to get friends overcame his pride - you should consider you might be wrong about him. But maybe you are right. Also, I wasn't involved in the conversation, so maybe he agreed with you to a certain extent and admitted he often acts insincerely to look better in front of others.

In a more general sense,

I'm not sure I've ever seen many people falling away from their friends and frequently getting rejected who I'd say deserve it by any stretch of the imagination, but some people I've seen in that situation really are rather immature. Though not necessarily hard to like.

And I think there are plenty of people who don't "sell out" and act much differently than they would otherwise in order to keep their friends. I definitely think that I've kept my friends despite frequently being true to myself. I think my friends like me mostly because of who I am, for example, and some of my friends I've had since middle school. (Most of my grade school friends went to a different middle school so I sort of lost contact with them) For the record, I'm 27, and still have friends I've known since I was 10 or 11, and I have one friend I've known since I was in pre-k (but we've only been friends since late after ending high school). Of them all, I'm probably the closest to category 3...my guess is I've smoked the most pot of them (don't anymore), and I don't earn much above minimum wage while they have decent careers by this point. But I've never backstabbed a friend and I consider myself to be light on suffering.

I don't reject that you're correct about the specific people you thought of as you were reflecting on this, but I don't think most adolescents would fall neatly into those 3 categories.

I will, on an unrelated subject, say that your english is good if it's not your first language. I definitely see it and think "english isn't his first language," but I don't think there was any point when I read a sentence and said "I don't know what he's trying to say."

Even though I was rather critical, I don't wish you poorly by any stretch of the imagination. Do good!

Edited by PP UP