[Request] The GBA thrown weapon mid-air sprites

cloverking

So this is a very specific and kinda odd request, I admit -- but basically I'm really just looking for the sprite sheets containing the thrown weapons from the GBA games. (The hand-axe, mostly.)

See, I'm currently making a simple little game for a friend using Game Maker Studio, and I'm using his favorite meme, Batta the Beast, for a boss fight. But for some reason no matter where I look I can not find a sprite sheet containing the thrown weapons. I can find the characters who use hand-axes, but their animations contain only the throwing and catching and not the axe itself. I even found all the magic animations, but no hand-axe or javelin.

So if anyone happens to know if there's a place that has ripped the mid-air hand-axe sprites, I would be very thankful.

I'm not positive about this, but it seems there's only one thrown axe animation used across classes. Here it is with berserker colors, ripped by BwdYeti:

b581f52e57a9951eb47a21d00333ac58.png

Of course, instead of an S motion it moves like a backwards C, but yeah.

Javelins however, there are a whole bunch of different ones in the GBA engine but I personally don't remember if they were all hardcoded to be class-based? It should generally just be whatever lance sprite that class carries though, probably.

(also cute display pic)

Edited by 47948201

Javelins however, there are a whole bunch of different ones in the GBA engine but I personally don't remember if they were all hardcoded to be class-based? It should generally just be whatever lance sprite that class carries though, probably.

(also cute display pic)

They are indeed based on class ID.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not positive about this, but it seems there's only one thrown axe animation used across classes. Here it is with berserker colors, ripped by BwdYeti:

b581f52e57a9951eb47a21d00333ac58.png

Of course, instead of an S motion it moves like a backwards C, but yeah.

(also cute display pic)

Oh hey, you found it for me in like, literally a minute wow. Thank you very much.

Sorry for the late reply, I left for vacation after forgetting to check on this for like a day and now it feels like a waste that you got it to me so impressively fast.

(Thanks, you too!)