Just beat Conquest on Hard *Spoilers*

This was my first game clear, it took me this entire last semester to beat it, but that's also cause I've had class, and I've also been doing Biochem over the summer. But seriously, Conquest on Hard was teeth grittingly hard and I loved it. Totally awesome. This is the definitive FE experience in my opinion. Final Chapters (27 and Final) were a bit of a let down though in terms of story. Monster Garon was cool, but the true final boss just being Possessed Takumi? I was expecting a bit more...especially with Awakenings' final boss being the Fell Dragon. It just seemed like one last loose end to take care of as opposed to the Finale it should've been.

But now...

Not quite sure what to do next. While I was looking at characters and stuff during my playthrough, I stumbled upon various bosses for Birthright, and even on Hard it seems piss easy. For those who have played through, is it really as easy as it seems? Is it worth it to play? Or should I just go straight to Revelations?

Birthright is intended to be the easier version (it was my first FE game), with more units and a wider range of classes. If you wanted to play with Hoshido as well and get both sides of the story, then sure. It'll also acquaint you to several characters you'll be playing as in Revelation, since it combines units from both games.

But the writing is lackluster, as it is for Revelation. If you don't feel like dealing with Birthright and just want the 'canon' version of the story, then go for Revelation.

Birthright was relatively piss easy on Hard. I suck at Fire Emblem, and I found it easy except for one, maybe two, of the maps, and a castle battle. For awhile, I forgot I put in on Hard mode.

The story left much to be desired and the maps were kinda ho-hum, but the characters were enjoyable. The new classes were fun.

My personal opinion is that hoshido lunatic is only slightly easier than nohr hard mode so if you want that challenge play Birthright on lunatic (even then it drops off a bit) I have no idea about revelations though

Conquest's story overall was pretty bad, mainly because of Corrin's poor judgement, but the gameplay was sooooo good. Birthright is piss poor easy in terms of gameplay up into chapter 24? I think, but the story is a little better. You should play both paths before Revelations, since Revelations is the "true" ending. However, I will say the endings of each game are pretty unsatisfying.

Yeah CQ has better story, characters and gameplay compared to all the other 3DS games.

Compared to the older fire emblems it definitely improved gameplay and balance and innovated with a more controversial plot.

You should play Birthright to see the other side since that's the premise of Fates plot in the first place. But be preparded for a very different gameplay focused on quantity rather than quality. The grind opportunities are there for a reason.

Yeah CQ has better story, characters and gameplay compared to all the other 3DS games.

Compared to the older fire emblems it definitely improved gameplay and balance and innovated with a more controversial plot.

You should play Birthright to see the other side since that's the premise of Fates plot in the first place. But be preparded for a very different gameplay focused on quantity rather than quality. The grind opportunities are there for a reason.

I won't even touch upon the older games as I haven't played them but saying Fates is better than Awakening in terms of story is a bit of a stretch or at least, in my opinion it is. Fates just has too many plot holes and felt lazy. Heck, even the cutscenes were only used for fanservice or boring character 'introductions'.

Monster Garon wasn't threatening in the least. Mike Wazowski is scarier than he is. Takumi I feel was actually a better antagonist than Garon, and the only good part of Conquest's story, until he joins the Corrin Blowjob Brigade, that is. He was the only one in that entire damn story that acted like a real person. But yeah, the gameplay is euphoric, and the final chapter itself is good. Unfortunately it was a real Dick move making you replay Chapter 27 if you fail the Endgame.

• 2 weeks later...

Birthright is very easy compared to Conquest, mainly because you can grind levels on challenges and the overall difficulty of levels is lower. Conquest had unique objectives an fun mechanics compared to Birthright's straightforward "kill everyone in the map". However, the fact that the game costantly reminded you of how horrible you are for siding with Garon ruined the experience for me. It felt so unsatisfying that I speed ran through it and finished it in a couple of days (28 hours compared to Birthright's 50/60) so I could start Revelations. Both games' final bosses were too damn easy though.