Censorship Sucks

Nintendo already killed my hype of it long ago and this is the only way that I can enjoy the game now. It has no English subtitles and I feel that they could have done a better job on it. -.-

It's going to be a shock but.- it's a japanese game never meant to be played outside of japan and most people in japan speak japanese only!

This about this from a business standpoint: game X is going to be translated in another country anyway, would you spend money to have an unnecessary translation in a game that's not supposed to need it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you guys haven't dealt with an Ayanami thread before.

im amazed they still exist, since i havent seen one in years... and i've been seeing them since 2006

Just got it in the mail today.
Unplayable at the moment though. -.-
Nintendo already killed my hype of it long ago and this is the only way that I can enjoy the game now. It has no English subtitles and I feel that they could have done a better job on it. -.-
Cero B is higher than Jap FE Fates rating when it was a Cero C rating. It'll be cool to see Touma Akagi in swim trunks with brawny shoulders in battle. ^^

First of all, WHY are you expecting a Japanese game to have English subtitles? How illogical. The game was out in Japan about 6 months before the West.

Also Japanese Cero B is a LOWER rating than Cero C. Cero B is often a T rating in the US whereas a Cero C is an M rating in the US (but not always), Fates had black 3DS boxes because a Cero C rating requires it in order to show it's a higher age rated title. So, again showing you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Leonarbow

>complains about there not being any English subtitles

>...for a Japanese region locked version of the game

I mean, that's the price you pay for buying the JAPANESE version of the game, for the ORIGINAL country that doesn't need English subtitles to begin with...

That's like me buying a Japanese exclusive game from Japan and then complaining that there are no options to play it in English.

There isn't any point to getting the Eng version if they have changed it into a game that isn't done for older audiences to enjoy it...too. When upon average 35 yr olds play games. Only getting both versions for the offical translation. The battle system and translation are all I can say good about it! Still...like Card Captor Sakura, they've removed a portion of the series and turned Tomoyo(Madison) into a blunt character. -.-

Stuff like this...you should import and will now have to watch the games more now to see what they remove from the game before deciding on whether to buy it, or import it.

.......Were you honestly expecting English subtitles? And if so, then why?

They just didn't want to either pay for Eng voice actors to do it, or plainly they've just wanted to leave it the way that brings a Tokyo kind of shock.

It's going to be a shock but.- it's a japanese game never meant to be played outside of japan and most people in japan speak japanese only!

This about this from a business standpoint: game X is going to be translated in another country anyway, would you spend money to have an unnecessary translation in a game that's not supposed to need it?

No.

They wanted to keep it the way that it is done to realistically be in Tokyo. But...not also making an uncut version of the game to bring the Japaholics kind of dressing to our environment and instead only leaving just the western way to dress (No Jap Battle outfits) are not acceptable. How else are older people going to enjoy it?

-----

How is B lower?! Shouldn't it be higher?! It would make sense with the game being at a more mature level than Fates.

Edited by PuffPuff

There isn't any point to getting the Eng version if they have changed it into a game that isn't done for older audiences to enjoy it...too. When upon average 35 yr olds play games. Only getting both versions for the offical translation. The battle system and translation are all I can say good about it! Still...like Card Captor Sakura, they've removed a portion of the series and turned Tomoyo(Madison) into a blunt character. -.-

Stuff like this...you should import and will now have to watch the games more now to see what they remove from the game before deciding on whether to buy it, or import it.

Yup, you clearly don't know how business works in Japan, you don't know how localization works in general, and on top of that, you are pretty entitled.

Also, "there isn't any point to getting the English version if they change it into a game that isn't done for older audiences to enjoy it too" you're making it seem like that YOU NEED BOOBS AND SWIM SUITS AND NAKED ABS in order for adults to enjoy a fucking game. People aren't that god damn simple minded and perverted, you know.

I don't need to import a game if I know what they removed because frankly, some people don't give a shit of what was changed because people can live without OPTIONAL swim suits.

Unless they took out Sessions or Weapon fusing, you know, things that are ACTUALLY integral to the gameplay, then we can talk.

Yup, you clearly don't know how business works in Japan, you don't know how localization works in general, and on top of that, you are pretty entitled.

Also, "there isn't any point to getting the English version if they change it into a game that isn't done for older audiences to enjoy it too" you're making it seem like that YOU NEED BOOBS AND SWIM SUITS AND NAKED ABS in order for adults to enjoy a fucking game. People aren't that god damn simple minded and perverted, you know.

I don't need to import a game if I know what they removed because frankly, some people don't give a shit of what was changed because people can live without OPTIONAL swim suits.

Unless they took out Sessions or Weapon fusing, you know, things that are ACTUALLY integral to the gameplay, then we can talk.

It's still inhuman to make it a fanserviceless game. That is T rated for crying out loud. Which should be E+10 at this point. The ratings are there for a reason.

They even did better in Fates to have it enjoyable enough. Plus, leaving the Summer DLC and everything alone was smart since the summer DLC is optional to buy. Editing Tharja was a riot itself especially for a paid episode. lol Glad they left Chrom alone. <3

Folks have complained in the Censored Tokyo Mirage Sessions vid which I don't blame them. They've ruined a great masterpiece for some of us to enjoy. -.-

Removing integrity upon their dancing to give them clothes and no shorts and bath towels in the certain point of the game doesn't make it J-Pop at all. They could have had both versions (Censored and Uncut) for everyone to enjoy. But...nope. They aren't willing to invest money on it.

Edited by PuffPuff

Plus hate being told what we can or cannot see.

Folks have complained in the Censored Tokyo Mirage Sessions vid which I don't blame them. They've ruined a great masterpiece for some of us to enjoy. -.-

Removing integrity upon their dancing to give them clothes and no shorts and bath towels in the certain point of the game doesn't make it J-Pop at all. They could have had both versions (Censored and Uncut) for everyone to enjoy. But...nope. They aren't willing to invest money on it.

...Have you ever actually watched a J-POP video before????????????? What j-pop videos have you been watching where the singers are wearing just bath towels??????

Give me a j-pop video where they're wearing just bath towels. Go on, I dare you.

Edited by carefreejules

...Have you ever actually watched a J-POP video before????????????? What j-pop videos have you been watching where the singers are wearing just bath towels??????

Give me a j-pop video where they're wearing just bath towels. Go on, I dare you.

Front page.

Front page.

front page of what? are you talking about the video?

yes because that example speaks on behalf of EVERYTHING that is j-pop...

now this time, give me a real life example of j-pop video with REAL people, who are wearing just bath towels.

because you know, j-pop doesn't appear in just video games and anime, you know.

It's not worth it man. Ayanami is not worth it.

Just stay away from this thead.

As a person who has the JP Tokyo Mirage Sessions and isn't super "OH MY GOSH HOW DARE THEY" with the exception of the wedding dress...

I'll tell you it's just not worth it to respond to the rants of a long time member of this forum that makes little sense.

It's not worth it man. Ayanami is not worth it.

Just stay away from this thead.

As a person who has the JP Tokyo Mirage Sessions and isn't super "OH MY GOSH HOW DARE THEY" with the exception of the wedding dress...

I'll tell you it's just not worth it to respond to the rants of a long time member of this forum that makes little sense.

I have learned this the hard way and will now listen to this advice.

Turning one area of the game completely different from the actual Jap version isn't acceptable. It may be a rant...but too much is changed and removed from the game to have it to an acceptable level for older audiences.

Turning one area of the game completely different from the actual Jap version isn't acceptable. It may be a rant...but too much is changed and removed from the game to have it to an acceptable level for older audiences.

Except when said audience is of a religion that tends to have issues with sexual themes. Also, objectifying teenage girls. There is a reason that the age of consent is 5 years older in the US. There is a difference between a 20 something in a bikini versus a 15 year old. If you have problems with that, maybe you shouldn't be playing the game to begin with. Besides, wasn't it their choice to? They don't need the likes of you criticizing them for attempting to avoid much wider criticism from people who want to avoid games pandering to pedophiles.

Except when said audience is of a religion that tends to have issues with sexual themes. Also, objectifying teenage girls. There is a reason that the age of consent is 5 years older in the US. There is a difference between a 20 something in a bikini versus a 15 year old. If you have problems with that, maybe you shouldn't be playing the game to begin with. Besides, wasn't it their choice to? They don't need the likes of you criticizing them for attempting to avoid much wider criticism from people who want to avoid games pandering to pedophiles.

As to why that they've changed their ages.

I just don't understand the Japanese way of knowing adulthood the way that they do this to 17 yr olds. Sure...it is acceptable to change Tsubasa and Touma. But...why to even Maiko Shimazaki when she is over 18 yrs old. Why they left Camilla, Kagerou, Xandar, etc untouched in Fates because of the same reason.

Edited by PuffPuff

As to why that they've changed their ages.

I just don't understand the Japanese way of knowing adulthood the way that they do this to 17 yr olds. Sure...it is acceptable to change Tsubasa and Touma. But...why to even Maiko Shimazaki when she is over 18 yrs old. Why they left Camilla, Kagerou, Xandar, etc untouched in Fates because of the same reason.

They didn't change Maiko's age. They didn't change Mamori's either, and her being 11 is probably the reason why the swimsuit DLC isn't coming over.

I'm just seriously starting to wonder if we're dealing with a troll because the level of the comments are somehow... both endearing and kind of creepy.

They just didn't want to either pay for Eng voice actors to do it, or plainly they've just wanted to leave it the way that brings a Tokyo kind of shock.

There is no effing point for a japanese game to have english voices! Why do you think games are out in japan first and usually a month (At least) later in other regions? Because the original games are often *only* in japanese and they need to be translated.

I don't know what you were expecting, honestly, but if a game isn't in your main language and you can't leave without half naked underage kids it's your problem- one solution? Learn japanese.

I'm just seriously starting to wonder if we're dealing with a troll because the level of the comments are somehow... both endearing and kind of creepy.

There is no effing point for a japanese game to have english voices! Why do you think games are out in japan first and usually a month (At least) later in other regions? Because the original games are often *only* in japanese and they need to be translated.

I don't know what you were expecting, honestly, but if a game isn't in your main language and you can't leave without half naked underage kids it's your problem- one solution? Learn japanese.

Yep. Is why that we have Japanese casts to almost, if not every game in the credits.

Having some knowledge enough for a two-three month study is all that is needed to understand the language to know weapons, menus and items. For the amount of Kanji that I still don't know yet, that's what we have Wiki and Serenes for as they're making transscripts for the game.

Edited by PuffPuff

While I am glad TMS#FE still merits some interest here in SF (since I still has yet to finish it) I can't believe the discussion revolves around a single person's complaints about lack of abs, cleavage and swimsuits who clearly hasn't thought through about their choices with their purchase of the game.

The Internet...

I personally thought some changes were more endearing.

Like the choice that you could pick from in Japanese when complimenting Tsubasa was "you could have showed more skin" to " I think I'm falling for you".

The Japanese voicing they had to redo for the change sounded more sappy and overall better for their relationship and made it more fitting why she was embarrassed.

I actually liked Tsubasa'a and Ellie's hiphop costumes more than the swimsuits. The swimsuits were just... swimsuits for me while the hiphop costumes exuded color and uniqueness and it's more fun watching the two fighting Mirages when they wear such costumes, yo.

For someone who is desperate to play the Japanese version, you've managed to be pretty offensive here. "Jap" is considered a racial slur. Don't do it again.

For someone who is desperate to play the Japanese version, you've managed to be pretty offensive here. "Jap" is considered a racial slur. Don't do it again.

Or it could just be a abbreviation, instead of saying the Japanese version of the game one could simply saying/write the Jap. version for the sake of brevity. People do it all the time. Instead of saying the United States version of a game, one can simply say the U.S. version.

Edited by wraith