Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - WW2 Pacific Theatre Edition! Endgame Intro uploaded!

Okay, so I initially wrote a series of blogs over at the Blogs section of Bulbagarden, but for some reason they have the access setting as members only. Because I couldn't get an answer from them in regards to the settings issue, I decided that I shall transfer my blog entries to here. So here is my very first attempt at Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Normal/Classic, because I am NOT a noob as to play this in Casual. Also due to widespread aversions I have heard about the story, I decided to have fun with the story myself. There will be tons of references of Hirohito vs MacArthur of WWII days, with also references to Walhart.

As I already did up to Chapter 6 before making a full Let's Play Log, Chapter 1-5 will just be a summary. Without further ado:

Chapter 1-4:

So, yeah, after doing some levelling ups for Felicia and myself (Avatar) over the last (or first) couple of Chapters, Hans ambushed my battle mentor (Gunter; who has some quite stuffy yet somehow funny British stereotypes), then Rinkah ambushed me to abduct me to The Most Glorious Empire of Shoyo, no the Glorious Empire of Japan, NO! Hoshido. After expecting Emperor Hirohito come in and order my execution under Ryoma and his Special Higher Police, instead, this "Queen" Mikoto, who is supposedly my mother, came to meet me as a "lost" child.

Then the supposedly Nohrian Facelesses came and wreck the place so we slaughtered them all. Then Princess Hinoka, who is supposed to be the next gen of Sully goes all emo and yelled "BROTHEEEEERRRRRR!! I MISSED YOOOOUUUU!" Uhhh what? So let me get this straight. Garon is pure evil and Mikoto is not???

And I finished the chapter with my Walhartian ambition somewhat deflated...

On a lighter note, here is stand-up comedian Takumi and his misadventures in driving!

Chapter 5:

...Well,it looks like everyone seems to be happy around me...except Takumi. I guess I wouldn't mind doing a bit of spying for Brother Xander, I mean I don't even know these "real siblings" in Hoshido. Sad to say, the Queen has died. Nooooooo! ...And now I know everything what Garon did. But then again, I feel bad for the siblings back home, y'know? They're more real as siblings than the Hoshidans. As for the fight. I've made sure to just raise up Azura and Kaze, as I will be ditching Sakura and Rinkah.

Myself: Lv 8 Nohrian President Candidate Prince

(Str 11, Mag 2, Skl 11, Spd 10, Lck 8, Def 8, Res 3)

Kaze: Lv 4 CIA Employee Ninja

(8, 0, 10, 15, 4, 6, 10)

Azura: Lv 2 Songstress

(5, 2, 8, 9, 11, 5, 8)

As luck would have it, Xander and others have arrived! Ooooh and looks like they've got General Doug Mackie in tow. Sorry Azura, but I'm going with the Nohrian way. And f*** you Hoshidans; especially Takumi. You guys are so xenophobic, I swear you've all been brainwashed by your general Hideki. Time to regain and unleash my inner-Walhart!! Mwahahahahahaha!

ufsIzCt.jpg

Also, the real reason why the Nohrian Allied Forces and the Hoshidan Axis started this war? Well...Takumi lived to tell the tale:

And, yep, King Garon was so pissed, he assigned a vendetta against house-breaking Sumeragi. Plus, Garon needed to de-influence Corrin before he became a delinquent lost cause.

That's it for now.

Edited by henrymidfields

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 6: Battle of Midway Embrace the Dark

So, the time has come to side with the Doug, his Yankee boys, and my Nohrian siblings, in order to unleash my Walhartian ambition and conquer Japan Hoshido! Anyway hooray for Xander's rescue!

NFahAT4.jpg

Xander: Hisashi! You're alive! They haven't harmed you, have they?

Doug: By the looks of it old son, he looks alright.

Then the moment has come.

f9Iffl5.jpg

Me: Sorry, Ryoma. I cannot support the fascist regime of Prime Minister Tojo and Emperor Hirohito. So long sucker.

Hideki Ryoma: You traitorous son of a b****! You shall pay for this! Hoshidans! Spare him no mercy! He shall be made an example of how traitorous lapdogs of kichiku-bei'eis Nohrians shall end!

All, right, onto a more serious note. I must admit, I had to do several resets onto this, due to my insistence on keeping wasted EXP to a minimum. This means both myself and Felicia fighting as much as we can against Ryoma, and especially Hinoka and Takumi. Mistakes involved both forgetting that:

• Hinoka is paired up with Takumi (and thus can attack 2 spaces), and
  • Hinoka having ungodly speed compared to everyone else except maybe Xander, and can especially double attack against me and Felicia. (For f**k's sake, I even died once!)
Nevertheless, on the first turn, Elise went up to activate her Dragon Vein and dry up the river, while Xander sets up an Attack Stance with her, hopefully for some extra hit and avoid rates bonuses. Meanwhile, Camilla comes down south to group with Leo, myself, and Felicia. Takumi shot at me with a not insubstantial critical chance of 7% in the enemy phase. Then Felicia slashes Takumi's defense and resistance with her dagger. Leo, and Camilla also gangs up on Takumi, with the finishing blow by myself. After surviving Hinoka's double attack, Leo and Camilla (with their Attack Stances) chip away at Hinoka. At 3HP remaining, Felicia incapacitates Hinoka at -3HP damage! Nice one, girl!

e0PzT7V.jpg

After that is settled, we regouped with Xander and Elise who were helding Ryoma back. Elise freezes Ryoma, Xander wields his Siegfried, and I morphed into the Dragon to finish Ryoma off.

axkoe7g.jpg

Considering that my hit rate was 43%, it was cathartic to see my lunge attack connect.

VTvv0Ob.jpg

And Hideki screamed like a eunuch and started running for the hills. That coward... Then we ganged up on Yukimura (NOT Sakura! We'd never hurt women or children!) and we emerged victorious at the Battle of Midway! Then Lilith came to the front and congratulated us on our victory, teleported us to Paris so that we can enjoy our salon dancing with our good friend Lieutenant General George Patton to our astral castle as our place of rest. Hooray!

As for stats so far:

Numbers are (Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Def, Res)

Myself Nohrian President Candidate Prince, Lv 9

11, 2, 12, 11, 8, 9, 3 Sword D, Dragonstone D

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 7

6, 16, 14, 13, 16, 6, 8 Dagger D, Staff D

Edited by henrymidfields

Try using imgur to upload your images. They'll be posted at full size, and you can save your attachment space for other stuff.

Try using imgur to upload your images. They'll be posted at full size, and you can save your attachment space for other stuff.

Yeah, sorry. For some reason, my internet stopped working in the middle of my upload last night. I'll have a check later today.

EDIT: Is the 9.5MB cap for all posts in the thread?

EDIT 2: Updated and complete. :D

Edited by henrymidfields

@Eclipse: Thank you, as always, for tending the Forest's gardens!

Everyone: So, I just finished Chapter 7, battling against the Faceless. The question is to pair up who with who. I am planning to keep using everyone, but I also wonder if Mozu is worth using. While I don't intend to reclass anyone, I'd like to know if anyone has a really good reason for doing so.

I am especially planning to use Arthur, because what is a LP run based on Doug and his conquest of JapanHoshido and his plans for the enemy/future ally's postwar democracy without Arthur and his American patriotism? In fact, I just gave him a Goddess icon to help with his bad luck.

I'll upload my Chapter 7 story this coming weekend. Stay tuned.

@Feldmarschall Rommel and @blah the Prussian: That's classified information, according to the CIA. Just kidding, I'm still haven't decided yet what I should do with the Frozen tribe and Cheve. Do we have other rebellions besides those two?

@Feldmarschall Rommel and @blah the Prussian: That's classified information, according to the CIA. Just kidding, I'm still haven't decided yet what I should do with the Frozen tribe and Cheve. Do we have other rebellions besides those two?

How about making the Ice Tribe the Aleutians Campaign and Cheve the Confederacy? I mean, Cheve are even led by someone named Scarlet. It fits perfectly. Edited by blah the Prussian

Chapter 7: Battle of Yukon Forest A Dragon's Decree

Post Victory Celebration

Spoiler

After our victory battle, we returned to Washington DC for our debriefing. However, it turns out Father Garon wasn't entirely pleased with my return. Some say that I am a Hoshidan spy...
cENccpW.jpg

4G611Z1.jpg

...while others (which tankfully includes the rest of my family) insist of my loyalty and even made counter-accusations of Garon and Iago being Nazi sympathisers. Doug even mentioned that they're on the FBI's graylist of possible seditionaries. However, as they have no proof as of yet, Father Garon and Iago are there to stay.

npOG3Yo.jpg

Reuz98C.jpg

Anyway, we have been assigned to take out Japanese forces and their sympathisers over the Alaskan islands. While my siblings were apprehensive about me going alone, High Comissioner and Father Garon threatened my siblings with treachery, so I have no choice. At least it's shouldn't be full of fascists on my way through...

Yukon Forest

Spoiler

ZflQx69.jpg

Except it was, with subversives and their Faceless on my way through the Yukon Forest. Aah! I'm surrounded!

9nJlpRO.jpg

Except that Felicia and others secretly followed me to the Yukons. For the moment Felicia and I'll have to ward off the Faceless for a couple of hours until Doug's further reinforcements comes in.

SwnmLXi.jpg

We initially camped out in the woods in middle of the stage, baiting the two Faceless from the west. I've found out that it wasn't a good plan, due to their Poison Strike skill. Turtling does not seem to be as viable as in most games up to, and including, Awakening.

No sooner than half-an-hour, Doug came in to give us a hand. As he told me with these words: I've got y'all covered, ol' son. First, Silas from the National Guard (and an old friend of mine) came in to group...

QbkFg7c.jpg

...then there was my sister Elise and her warrior regiment which both includes Doug's old friend Arthur...

8sIbqML.jpg

...and Effie from Elise's regiment, who came to help rid of the subversive faceless with us.

zzi2xOs.jpg

As it turned out, Xander received a tip-off from the Veteran's Association of Iago and Garon's subversive activities, and secretly deployed Elise and her regiment to assist me! Hooray for big brother!

zEIITBw.jpg

Anyway, we briefly moved down south the get rid of the non-Skilled faceless first, and possibly recuperate for a bit. However, after a couple of turns, all of the Faceless started to close in on us. I was hoping that I could have Elise abuse her staff for EXP, but we did not have time for that. We rushed back to the centre of the stage to take our position in the woods, and Defense-stanced everyone in the hope of blocking some of the Faceless's gauntlet blows, and to protect Elise from dying.

c4WymX4.jpg

The Pair-Up-induced blocks did help to some extent; especially when the Boss Faceless went after Effie, in which Arthur blocked one of the Boss's double-attacks. And oh boy, Effie is quite a powerhouse as we can see below...

K3Or905.jpg
ErqmbDl.jpg

After a long hard fight, Effie gave the finishing blow to the last remaining Boss Faceless, and we've declared victory! Later on, the Yukon Territorial Council and the Canadian Governor-General came to us to thank us for putting down the fascist insurgency with their Faceless, which terrorised the locals.

5JdouNU.jpg

...It turned out that there was an inside job by Iago who is suspected by the FBI for subversive activities. Later investigations by the FBI and the Roosevelt administration has revealed that the Faceless were financed and purchased by Gerald C MacGuire (shown in below photo opposite to Iago, cringing at my successful breakthrough) from the biochemical Unit 731 from Hoshido. As Xander had told me, he suspected some unsavoury dealing with the two (and eventually with our father), but he could not find any proof as of yet.

YVsXzDZ.jpg

Character stats

Spoiler

As for stats after Chapter 7 completion:
Numbers are (Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Def, Res)

Myself Nohrian President Candidate Prince, Lv 10
12, 2, 12, 11, 8, 9, 3 Sword D, Dragonstone D

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 8
7, 12, 15, 13, 16, 6, 15 Dagger C, Staff D

Elise Medic Truck Troubadour, Lv 5
2, 11, 5, 10, 14, 4, 13 Staff D

Silas Light Tank Prince, Lv 7
12, 0, 9, 9, 8, 10, 5 Dagger C, Staff D

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 7
12, 0, 9, 8, 5, 9, 4 Axe D (Note that I already gave him a Goddess Icon.)

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 7
14, 0, 9, 5, 11, 14, 4 Lance D

Edited by henrymidfields

Okay, Chapter 7 is all complete! And gee, Blah, thanks for Ninja-ing my idea here lol. (I just read about the Business Plot just hours before your suggestion!)

Okay, Chapter 7 is all complete! And gee, Blah, thanks for Ninja-ing my idea here lol. (I just read about the Business Plot just hours before your suggestion!)

Always happy to help.

Make the Rainbow Sage Indonesia. Indonesia, after all, had a lot of oil, and that was the main reason the Japanese attacked the Western colonial Empires. Similarly, the Rainbow Sage is a huge strategic goal/source of power for Hoshido.

What are you going to do with the tripply floaty island land that must not be named?

Make the Rainbow Sage Indonesia. Indonesia, after all, had a lot of oil, and that was the main reason the Japanese attacked the Western colonial Empires. Similarly, the Rainbow Sage is a huge strategic goal/source of power for Hoshido.

Wait, I thought Alastor was talking about Valla in Revalations?

EDIT: Also, everyone, I can't make a decision to do Paralogue 1 and get Mozu first or do Chapter 8 first then get Mozu later. I guess it also depends on whether I should use Mozu in the first place, as I am getting conflicting recommendations from everyone...

EDIT 2: Also I've thought of slogans for Nohrian propagandas. Have a read, and if you like it, then I'll upload a photoshopped propaganda poster with this...hopefully soon. I've got four, so far

• You can pummel down a Hoshi-down with WAR BONDS! (originally from the "Slap-A-J**" posters including one from a Superman comic issue cover page)
  • Fight the Hoshite with patriotic Marmite/Vegemite!
  • If you drive alone, you're ridin' with Ryoma. (originally from a rubber rationing poster with "Riding with Hitler.")
  • Left on a light? Welcome the Hoshites! (blackout propaganda)

Oh, and all of the posters depicting Uncle Sam would have Arthur's head/portrait in his place.

Edited by henrymidfields

Don't use Mozu. She isn't that good compared to other Ests, and you can't afford to use that exp when you have a limited amount already. She isn't worth the effort.

Also, "We can do it!" but with Effie as Rosie.

@Blah: Is it still worth going through that chapter to milk the EXP for the rest of my team? If so, is it better to do that now, or after Chapter 8 when I have Niles?

Don't use Mozu. She isn't that good compared to other Ests, and you can't afford to use that exp when you have a limited amount already. She isn't worth the effort.

Well it depends. If you give her one of the special class seals then the advance loan she gets on promotion stats means she becomes great really quickly and is a massive help for the rest of the game. Plus she makes great children thanks to aptitude basically working like holy blood in terms of child inheritance.

Also, have one that says "Nohr does what Hoshidon't". I know it's not from propaganda, but it would be hilarious to slip in with the parodies of real ones.

Edited by Alastor15243