Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - WW2 Pacific Theatre Edition! Endgame Intro uploaded!

Chapter 18 Part 2: Renegade Colonial Soldiers

Battle vs the Renegade Confederates

Spoiler

So we found ourselves in the back pavilion of the Central Hotel, where the Hoshidan Royals and Diplomat Shigemitsu were imprisoned. We needed to deal with the threat pretty fast (under 20 turns in the game) due to Zola planning to assassinate the captives. We split the army into two to flank the enemy and give them less room to evade. The list is as follows:

West courtyard: Myself, Silas, Leo, Felicia, Mozu, Arthur
East courtyard: Effie, Elise, Odin, Niles, Selena, Keaton, Xander
Turn 1:
Beruka (main) and Silas (attack support) prepared their positions to engage against the heavy infantries (Generals) in the west pavilion wing. On the eastern division, Odin (m) and Selena (as) carefully approached the east side entry into the north hall to take down the threats from the magic grenadiers (sorcerers), while everyone else secured the east pavilion wing. The western heavy infantries started to engage against Beruka, while the grenadiers were taken out by Odin and Selena's counterattack; Odin dodged their magic grenades (tome magic) and successfully counterattacked them with Selena's support fire (as).

Turn 2:
Beruka, with Leo's support grenade throw broke through the heavy infantries. A mid rifleman (Paladin) rushed towards us in the enemy phase, but Silas took him down with a well-aimed rifle shot.

Turn 3:
There was an Enfeeble Gas Mortar soldier (maid) on the western end of the north hall, so we needed to take her down fast before she can cripple our forces. Beruka withdrew from the west pavilion, joined with Arthur, and the two barged into the north hall's western side entry, and fired their rifles at her. Success! She went down like a fly. Meanwhile another infantry using Freeze Gas Mortar was causing us (or really, Keaton) problems, so Xander and Effie went into the south-eastern courtyard to take him out.

CpWouiY.jpg

This was when the enemy started to rush at us in panic, but we were able to overwhelm them with our superior firepower. Whether it was Silas, Beruka, or any other unit that was physically-oriented, they could counterattack the enemy like swatting flies.

Turn 4:
We all managed to locate where the Hoshidan delegate was held. Meanwhile, Niles went up through the northern hall to engage with the magic grenadiers. While we were fighting, we received notices of enemy reinforcements arriving via the side pavilion stairs.

gX6X2z3.jpg

Turn 5:
We moved further down south, while Arthur took his positions to engage the heavy infantries from the western stairs. Meanwhile, Niles took down one of the grenadiers.

Turn 6:
While we were still preparing for our assult against the guards, Keaton and I took out the lone mid rifleman (Paladin) just outside the south entry to secure the entire perimeter.

Turn 7:
The rest of the units took their positions, hiding behind tables and couches as makeshift barricades. I incapacitated the mid-weight paladin, and it turned out that...

NtIQiOI.jpg
I CAN DOOOOO IIIIIIIIIITT!!!!

Turn 8:
On my signal, we all assaulted the two heavy infantries defense-stancing each other. Felicia attacks first with her smoky tranquiliser dart (flame shuriken) - Xander pulled her out (Shelter Skill) after she took a blow from the enemy's counterattack.

p6W4aPs.jpg

The enemy became disoriented (stat drop), which was a chance for a further opening. A split-second later, Elise fires her flamethrower (Ember tome) at the enemy, which took him out with a bloodcurdling scream.

cuVGwAs.jpg

The other heavy infantry was assaulted with Silas'ssemi-auto rifle with Leo's (as) Brynhildar tesla cannon. Before he could fire his weapon, he was taken out by Odin's magic grenade and Effie's armour-piercing rounds.

NmXihQU.jpg

Turn 9-10:
As soon as we evacuated them (well, in gameplay terms, not really), we rushed towards the north hall to find Zola. Meanwhile, Niles was found out by the guards, leading into all of them firing their weapons at him. It was a close call, but he survived by his high movement, and also by taking our a couple of chasing units in the process.

5Eqreu6.jpg

Turn 11-13:
A well timed rifle shot by Effie took out the grenadier who had the Mjolnr-brand grenade.

yZDRZns.jpg

Meanwhile, Odin took out the remaining elite infantry (hero unit) with his magic grenade - with two consecutive Vengances, he is sure on fire!

Turn 14:
Zola, not content with surrendering, decided to retaliate with his magic grenades. As such, we had no choice but to bring Elise and Mozu (as) in. Elise first fired her flamethrower at Zola, with Mozu firing her rifle on Zola's kneecaps. While we thought that was good enough, he still refused to relent.

K8CNqrR.jpg

Turn 15:
Zola was annoyingly resisting our assault, throwing his magic grenades everywhere - even after all that clobbering. We decided to finish him with the old school method. Mozu made a perfect, clean shot on Zola's groin. With a girlish scream, he fell onto the ground - exactly how we wanted it.

Execution of Zola

Spoiler

TXPwN8O.jpg

Zola staggered back towards the wall as we approached him.
"It's over, Zola. Release your prisoners," I ordered him.
"But why?! I captured Nohr's enemies for you! You should be thanking me!", Zola retorted.
"Lair!", Leo roared. "You captured them in the knowledge of violating international law. And in the intent of pinning blame on us."
"Lord Leo...", Zola stammered.
"You are a mockery and a disgrace. It sickens me to think there are rats like you tainting our country's reputation. Impersonating a peaceful leader to trick diplomats into letting their guard down... That's a barbarian's game, Zola. And I have only one answer for barbarians like you."

Before I knew it, a couple of loyalist riflemen came into the office to take Zola into the courtyard. We followed the execution squad; for the entire time, Zola was snivelling like Luigi Mario did with the Confederates. Eventually, we got ready and the riflemen aimed their guns. Before we could start, Leo asked Zola for any last words.
"M-m-milord... I was wrong! S-so wrong! I have seen the error of my ways! P-please...spare my unworthy life!!", Zola replied, with a pathetic voice like Luigi Mario did with the Confederates.

oFAzXGI.jpg

"Make peace with it, Zola," Leo rebuffed. "Perhaps on the other side you will find forgiveness. For your crimes against humanity... Ready...aim...fire!"
As the riflemen fired at the blindfolded coward, he let out a girlish scream, again, like Luigi Mario did with the Confederates. Zola then sunk onto the floor. Thus are the end of cowardly d***s like Zola and Luigi Mario.

Continued onto Part 3.

Edited by henrymidfields

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe supervillains similar to, say, Wolverine (though he's a superhero) and make it a crossover episode with Captain America?

Oh hell yes. Make them the Japanese division of HYDRA. Also, it makes more sense to oppose Zola here than in the game, as it's just minor members of the Imperial Family we're talking about.

Edited by blah the Prussian

Chapter 18 Part 3: Dinner diplomacy disaster
A Hoshidan-Nohrian dinner

Spoiler

pstTWjv.jpg

So, after this incident, we resumed our dinner, with the main course coming in. However, due to a mishap with the table arrangements, my Nohrian family had to share a table with the Hoshidan family. I am at least glad that Under Secretary Grew and Foreign Minister Shigemitsu were on different tables.

We were all slient at first, merely whispering to ourselves. After some five minutes of silent eating, Takumi was the first person to speak out.

zayQhhv.jpg

"Let me make something perfectly clear. I feel no gratitude for what you've done. Saving us was the natural thing to do, even for Nohrian scum."
"Oh my," Camilla replied with her seemingly polite speech masking her caustic anger. "That face... You should have that looked at. It's not right, darling."
"Enough. We are...thankful that you saved our lives," Ryoma awkwardly declared. "Were the situation reversed, we would have done the same. As such, we feel no need to express our gratitude for your actions."
Xander also responded in a similarly awkward way. "Agreed. As it were, we don't want your gratitude. We only acted as Nohrian royals should."

Cj9U6Pv.jpg

2oVmqzY.jpg

Elise, Sakura, and I were sitting together, and we actually had a chance to talk together for a bit.
"Um! Hisashi-niisama! I, um...", Sakura spoke up.
"Go ahead, Sakura. Say what's on your mind," I verbally encouraged her.
"I was just, um...th-thinking...it's really nice to finally see you again. I'm glad you... I'm glad you f-found a way to be happy...", she shyly stammered.
"Sakura... I'm happy to see you too," I replied. "Even though we may be on opposing sides, I shall always your brother."

BwMjQBX.jpg

"So...she's your...you know, actual sister?", Elise curiously asked.
"Indeed," I affirmed. "Sakura, this is Elise, the sister from Nohr that adopted me."
"Nice to meet you!", Elise greeted with her usual bubbly voice.
While Sakura never had a chance to introduce herself, I can see that she had an exceptionally radiant smile. Sadly, this would be the last split second of our civilised conversation.

RaPPKkC.jpg

"Hey, you!", and angry voice slashed through our moment of peace. It was Takumi glaring at us. "Filthy traitors and Nohrians don't get the honor of speaking so casually to any of our family members!"
Before Elise and I could react with the shock, Leo was next to retort. "Oh? Well I guess neither your younger sister get the honor of speaking so casually to any of our family members, either."
"Leo! You barbarian! What the hell?", Elise yelled.
"Not another word, Elise!", Xander shouted at her.

9W4IrZp.jpg

"Takumi! Please, leave us in peace for this moment!", Sakura pleaded.
"Sakura, you idiot! Do you really want all of us to be branded as traitors?! Do not ever do this again!", Ryoma and Hinoka yelled at Sakura.
"Eeek! I'm sorry!!", poor Sakura stammered.
"Hmph. So you should be, stupid bitch," Takumi spat.
"Hey, watch your mouth, Takumi!", Ryoma scolded.
"Fine, I'm sorry!", Takumi spat back with an hollow apology.

dMcFy8r.jpg

Elise and I received similar warnings as well.
"Likewise, I ask both of you to refrain from fraternising with the enemy," Xander rebuked us. "At the very least until this war is over."
"But why?!", Elise whined, clearly annoyed at our divisive older siblings.
"Because we are still at war," Leo sternly reasoned. "We will similarly get into trouble. *sighs* Consider yourself lucky that it is Under Secretary Grew that is supervising us, and not the President. Or even worse, Iago."

8OlSwtt.jpg

Elise and I stared at each other, sighing at the same time. Xander and Leo were right in pointing out that, fraternising with the enemy is very dangerous. That nevertheless still does not make the line of division any less painful. Now that I am writing this I can definitely say that poor Sakura felt it the worst. She was very open-minded and had many doubts about the anti-Nohrian propaganda she hears back home. This is something that I cannot affirm with the other siblings, and ever since the war started, many of her friends and families started to disdain her for having such an independent mind. Elise may similarly get flak for having fascination with Hoshidan culture, but at least she had sympathetic people like our siblings or Under Secretary Grew. Anyway, the whole dinner table became too intense. I could not bring myself to endure such quiet, yet intense hostility between the two families.

"Hisashi, sir, there are a group of people wanting to talk to you," one of the waiters told me.
"Oh, okay, sure. Can you lead me?", I requested, eager to get away from the intensity. Surely any table would be better than this.
"Yes, they are on that table over there," the waiter instructed me. It was the Ylissean table.
I excused myself from my current table. Many of the others made grim glares at me, except for Xander, Elise, and Sakura, who had a more melancholy and sympathetic expression. They nodded, indicating their permission for me to leave the table.

A Ylissean Reunion

Spoiler

drrpP1A.jpg

No sooner did I call my wife to join me with the with the Ylisseans for the second course and onwards.
"Whew! That was close," I exclaimed.
"I suspected that might had been the case," Lucina replied, with an awkward expression. "How in heaven's name did they mess up with your family's seatings?"
"I don't know, to be honest," my wife replied back. "Frankly, I would have liked to kill the Hoshidans then and there for tormenting Hisashi."

ua7lRbq.jpg

"Uhh...Beruka, can we spare the barbarism outside the battlefield, please? Anyway, both of you should stay here for the time being," Chrom recommended. "Lay low until the dinner's over."
"All right, we'll do that then," I verbally confirmed.

Suggested listening track: Rule Britannia

bYzqWoH.jpg

"Actually, there is another reason why I asked you here," explained Anthony Eden, the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs from Ylisse. "Just before we arrived here, we had some talks with the Portugese and the Brazilian governments of a possible alliance for this war. This would be a good oppourtunity for us, as that would free up resources for a second front. I've arranged a meeting with Under Secretary Grew, but I would like to invite you and Leo as well."
"Sure. As one of your tacticians over at the European front say, two heads are better than one," I verbally affirmed.
"Oh, so you know our eccentric, yet resourceful and lovable Morgan. Splendid. Our plans shall not disappoint," Eden replied.
"Oh, she is quite famous both in Hoshido and Nohr," I explained. "At least when Hoshido's relationship was going well with the Ylisseans. It's a huge shame, really, because my family could have been fighting alongside you guys."
"Yeah, I know that the Hoshidan navy was heavily modelled by the Ylisseans. So were the railways and the westernised architecture too - I had colleagues previously stay in Japan as ambassadors and consuls, and they always mention the familiarity of Tokyo Station to a couple of buildings back home in London," Eden remarked.
"Well, that's something I didn't know," I replied.
"Yes, we used to be quite friendly allies, until the Hoshidan government started really going off the deep end since a decade ago," Eden remarked.
"Well, I say their thirst for ambition came in at the worst possible time. Cooler heads could not prevail against the growing fury amongst the mob," I continued. "I just had a talk to my sister on the other side, and well, poor her. Everyone just shouted abuse at her for even talking to me. And that's not the worst one can experience. This is the reason why our radiant light of Allied democracy needs to prevail! For our freedom, and for those oppressed."
"And we shall. God bless the United States of Nohr," Eden sent his wishes.
"Thank you. And may God save the King," I returned.

Suggested listening track: Misty by Errol Garner

Soon, our three Ylissean personnel joined us on the same table.
"Lucina! You're here!", Severa exclaimed.
"Our Ylissan Imperial Hero!", Odin proclaimed.
"We meet again, and smile again...", Laslow said.

3qBML63.jpg

"It's been too long, friends..." Lucina spoke. "How are you three? It looks like you have been doing well as before...this is reassuring."
"Not too bad," Severa said with her tsundere way of speech. "It ain't a bloody waste of time with Hisashi around. His commanding skills are certainly fair dinkum. So, shall we talk about old times? Oh, and did we properly introduce Beruka to you?"

And so they did, and we sure had a blast! All of us got somewhat tipsy with the champagne that was brought out. I learnt about their struggles against Plegia and the Grimleal party. I am honoured to have such brave soldiers from the other side of the Atlantic join forces with us. Let us be the light of democracy to Asia's oppressed, and let us claim victory!

For those that S-supported Chrom with Robin in Awakening

Spoiler

JCYdMIW.jpg

For those that S-supported Chrom with Sully in Awakening

Spoiler

HXqGt0g.jpg

For those that S-supported Chrom with Sumia in Awakening

Spoiler

fg4DkBr.jpg

For those that S-supported Chrom with Maribelle in Awakening

Spoiler

KeadbUx.jpg

For those that S-supported Chrom with Olivia in Awakening

Spoiler

ZOUd7IL.jpg

Edited by henrymidfields

I think you meant Chapter 18 in the title. Also, I forgot Brazil joined the allies, although I have no idea why.

Because German U-boats were attacking their shipping, IIRC. They did pretty well for themselves in the war too, having a highly praised Expiditionary force and everything.

Because German U-boats were attacking their shipping, IIRC. They did pretty well for themselves in the war too, having a highly praised Expiditionary force and everything.

Once again, unrestricted sub warfare made an unnecessary enemy for Germany from the Western Hemisphere. Seems legit, but what about Mexico joining the US against the Japanese?

Once again, unrestricted sub warfare made an unnecessary enemy for Germany from the Western Hemisphere. Seems legit, but what about Mexico joining the US against the Japanese?

Because Mexico was in America's sphere? And I don't consider Unrestricted Submarine Warfare by the Germans a mistake in WWI, as the British blockade was legitimately hurting them. In WWII, however, they had plenty of food available. Plus, America was actually sending the UK weapons in both world wars. Brazil, though, wasn't doing that hardly at all.

Most of all, convenience. Our country benefited greatly from the war. Depending on who you ask, joining the Allies wasn't so much being "Anti-Axis" as it was for "Self-Profit". After all, there is a reason why the Mexican Miracle, as it was called, started in the 1940's, with the war. It wasn't just Rosie the Riveter working while the men were out fighting. Lots of Latin Americans also traveled to the US to work. Also, oil. The rise in oil prices befenitted those who could export it, like Mexico and Venezuela. Essentially, Latin America as a whole took the war as a chance to sell basic resources and manufactured goods at higher prices to other countries.

Had those oil tankers not been sunk, it's likely we've had remained neutral for the remaining of the war. Keep in mind it was kinda an accident. The tankers, by law, were not allowed to use the Eagle in the flags. So the German submarine thought it was the Italian flag (ironic considering the tanker was confiscated from the Italians just months earlier), then concluded that it had to be fake if it was off the American coast, so it fired. But it's hard to say. Once you move past the first tanker things get foggy.

Or who knows. Having the US next door, our country was strategic. There is evidence and rumors of the Axis trying to establish some sort of prescence or influence over here. A Zimmerman Telegraph mark II, so to speak. Don't quote me on that, though. Would need to recheck.

Because Mexico was in America's sphere? And I don't consider Unrestricted Submarine Warfare by the Germans a mistake in WWI, as the British blockade was legitimately hurting them. In WWII, however, they had plenty of food available. Plus, America was actually sending the UK weapons in both world wars. Brazil, though, wasn't doing that hardly at all.

I wouldn't say so much being in their "sphere". In fact, over here especifically, in Baja California, there was as much if not more fear of the Americans invading as safeguard from a Japanese invasion through Baja, than there was fear of the Japanese doing just that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Hylian Air Force, @blah the Prussian, @Acacia Sgt: Maybe I should do all of my future LP's as WW2-themed just so that I can learn more about the war - and provide some good fanservice for your tastes, hahahaha. But seriously, I'm really happy that I'm getting some good knowledge here - this is ironically something that would NOT happen in my old middle/high school back in Tokyo.

So I've started to play Chapter 19...and I'm having some trouble with Camilla who, for a wyvern rider, seem to have some piss-weak defences. Most of the other units' Defences like Beruka, Silas, Arthur, and especially Effie are in their mid-to-high-20s, but she is, like in the mid-to-high-10s. That's hardly any different to Odin, and not much higher compared to myself/Avatar or Leo. Am I RNG-screwed? Should I keep using her all the way through? Or shall I retire her after the Eternal Stairway?

So I've started to play Chapter 19...and I'm having some trouble with Camilla who, for a wyvern rider, seem to have some piss-weak defences. Most of the other units' Defences like Beruka, Silas, Arthur, and especially Effie are in their mid-to-high-20s, but she is, like in the mid-to-high-10s. That's hardly any different to Odin, and not much higher compared to myself/Avatar or Leo. Am I RNG-screwed? Should I keep using her all the way through? Or shall I retire her after the Eternal Stairway?

How can Camilla's defense be in the mid to high tens this late in the game? Her base is 18!

Looks like you got def screwed with her, though it might also be that you kept her in Malig Knight when really after level 5 she's best off switching to Wyvern Lord, which has superior speed and defense and such.

Honestly though, when I used her as a Malig Knight I found her to be underwhelming by the end too, and I mostly only kept her around for Rally Defense and Rose's Thorns. I wouldn't recommend benching her though, as if you're clever, that's all you really need to make her useful.

How can Camilla's defense be in the mid to high tens this late in the game? Her base is 18!

Looks like you got def screwed with her, though it might also be that you kept her in Malig Knight when really after level 5 she's best off switching to Wyvern Lord, which has superior speed and defense and such.

I realised that I kept her from gaining EXP, actually, considering that she is a prepromote. She only gained 3 levels so far, as everyone else were unpromoted when Camilla came in during Chapter 10.

I realised that I kept her from gaining EXP, actually, considering that she is a prepromote. She only gained 3 levels so far, as everyone else were unpromoted when Camilla came in during Chapter 10.

Ah. Then she's only mildly been def screwed. I wouldn't worry about it except to switch her to wyvern lord as soon as she gets Savage Blow.

Ah. Then she's only mildly been def screwed. I wouldn't worry about it except to switch her to wyvern lord as soon as she gets Savage Blow.

Last night, I went crazy with my 3DS internet and got Aptitude Skills for more of my units including Camilla. I am hoping that the above helps a bit.

Before I get to the main story, there is one final thing I forgot to upload for my previous Chapter.

Stats upon completion of Chapter 18

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian Senator Noble, Lv 5, HP 39
20, 14, 19, 23, 16, 16, 16 Sword B, Tome D, Dragonstone B
Extra skills: Aptitude, Heartseeker, Vantage, (Renewal), (HP+5)

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 26, HP 28
10, 19, 25, 22, 30, 13, 25 Dagger B, Staff B
Extra skills: Strong Riposte, Tomebreaker, Aptitude

Elise Medic Truck Strategist, Lv 5, HP 25
3, 30, 18, 23, 29, 11, 31 Tome E, Staff B
Extra skills: Aptitude

Silas Light Tank + Paladin, Lv 4, HP 35
24, 3, 20, 22, 18, 24, 14 Lance C, Sword C
Extra skills: Duelist’s Blow, Sol, Aptitude, (Astra), (Luna), also acquired Movement +1 afterwards.

Arthur A true American Hero, Lv 5, HP 41
27, 0, 26, 17, 15, 26, 10 Sword D, Axe B
Extra skill: Lucky Seven, Aptitude

Effie Heavy Tank + General, Lv 5, HP 36
33, 0, 19, 15, 24, 28, 10 Lance B, Axe E
Extra skill: (acquired Aptitude afterwards)

Odin Magical Gun Tank Sorcerer, Lv 5, HP 29
13, 19, 23, 18, 22, 18, 15 Tome B

Niles Elite Sniper Spy Adventurer, Lv 5, HP 25
19, 17, 17, 31, 13, 17, 30 Bow B, Staves D

Mozu Elite Sniper Spy, Lv 4, HP ??
(I forgot to record her, thus I do not know her exact stats before commencing Ch 19. She was a Level 4 Sniper before we started.)

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 25, HP 27
20, 8, 24, 27, 26, 9, 16 Lance D
Extra skills: Aptitude, Profiteer

Beruka Fighter Plane Wyvern Lord, Lv 5, HP 35
23, 2, 27, 15, 18, 25, 12 Lance E, Axe B

Selena Royal Aussie Battler Ylissan Hero, Lv 5, HP 40
21, 3, 17, 25, 14, 22, 12 Sword B, Axe E
Extra skills: Aptitude, Shurikenbreaker

Camilla B29 Bomber (Atomic Bomb) Malig Knight, Lv 4, HP 31
22, 13, 17, 22, 16, 18, 18 Axe C, Tome D (Used Godess Icon)
Extra skill: (acquired Aptitude afterwards)

Leo Magical Light Tank Dark Knight, Lv 5, HP 36
17, 21, 17, 18, 17, 16, 21 Sword C, Tome B

Keaton Inglorious Bastard Wolfssegner, Lv 4, HP 46
27, 0, 14, 16, 15, 26, 9 Beaststone C

Xander Midweight Tank Paladin, Lv 4, HP 38
23, 4, 18, 15, 20, 23, 11 Sword B, Lance D

Kaze Anti-facist Counter-propaganda and Japanese translation officer
Retired from active combat due to injury.

Chapter 19: HYDRA: Mutant Kitsunes Part 1: Encounter

The Mutant Kitsunes

Spoiler

Leo, Doug, and I had some further talks with State Secretary Anthony Eden from the Ylissean Foreign Affairs Department. It has been decided that we would open up a second front to invade Manchuria, Korea, and eventually gain a foothold onto the Hoshidan archipelago. This was for two reasons:

Firstly, we have noticed that while the majority of Hoshidan troops were dispatched throughout South East Asia and the Pacific Ocean, there were much less troops along the Manchurian border and interior.
Secondly, despite Under Secretary Grew's misgivings, we came to the conclusion that in order to force the Hoshidans to surrender, we may have to actually invade the Hoshidan archipelago instead of firebombing. The problem was that sometimes, firebombing civilian areas can cause problems with the occupied in public relations terms, not to mention opposition from public opinion back home. (This is why they have been generally scaled back since this war, when more precise bombing is technologically possible now.)
Finally, we wanted to secure the area to close off USSR's access to East Asia. Over the past couple of years, they have suffered heavy losses against the Valmese Wermacht, most notoriously in the Battle of Stalingrad, where the casualties went into the millions. While they were busy driving the Valmese back, this proved to be a valuable opportunity to stall their eventual attempt in accessing East Asia.

One problem with this plan was to find a way to sneak around the Hoshidan forces. If our forces have been detected by occupying Hoshidan forces in Mainland Mokshu, then we won't stand a chance in going through the land route.

0eZbz2x.jpg

Meanwhile, Flora has decided to join us in our expedition to Hoshido. As we needed all the help we can get, I gladly accepted her as part of our "Rough Raiders" in spreading our radiant democracy to East Asia.

Back on to the subject: We had spent several days in formulating a route with the Nohrian and Ylissean headquarters, but seemingly to no avail. The breakthrough finally came when Azura explained to us of a hidden route we could potentially use; however, I get the feeling there's a catch.

dKQQWlJ.jpg

"To the north, there's a path through the mountains the Hoshidan army proper have not patrolled since the invasion. There would be no danger of them finding out our movements. However... That mountain is home to kitsune mutants, a mutated race of Hoshidan soldiers who can transform into foxes. If they find us, there's no guarantee we'll make it through alive. On the other hand, the more time that passes, the more time the Hoshidans will have to find out our movements and deploy accordingly."
"Your suggestion inevitable. However, I'd like to get some more information before we climb up the mountains. I know Keaton is a mutant human-wolf; he may have some idea about mutants. Keaton, are you here? Do you know much about mutants"

55TQdVt.jpg

"Oh yeah? Well, I guess I could. Where should I start?", Keaton nonchalantly answered. "Oh yeah, I forgot. Guess what? I'm a supersoldier too."
"I suspect that was the case. Do you know much about the kitsune mutants?", I asked.
"Hey, first off, no calling us mutants! We're supersoldiers!" Keaton snapped.
"So...about those supersoldiers..."
"Hah! They are our finest battalions of furball-lovers on the battlefield! We alone eat any of the Wermacht soldiers along the way...or we would have if those damn Huns didn't steal our ideas! Then the next thing we knew, an even better supersoldier came to glory-hound us! Captain Nohria is the name. In fact, word has it that the Cap is coming to town to help us. Not that I'm excited or anything. Ugh stupid tail..." I can tell that Keaton's a bad lair here. To be frank, I too would rather sell my family estate to have Captain AmericaNohria on our side.
"Do you know much about the Nazi supersoldiers?"
"Oh those mutants?"
"I thought you hated the word mutants?"
"Geez, you really are thick at times, aren't you? We are proud supersoldiers, defenders of the Nohrian way. They, on the other hand, are vile mutants, hell-bent in oppressing us. See the difference?", Keaton spelt out.
"Oh, right."
"Anyway, those mutants were first developed by scientists and magicians working under Hitler. Because of their generally high intelligence, anyone can replace a fallen leader at any given time. Hence the name Hydra."
"Hydra?"
"That's the one. And they can turn into wolves as well. Not sure what Mussolini's mutants are like. But the Hoshidan mutants under Tojo's division are foxes. After the formation of the Axis, Tojo got some of the research brains from Hitler and made his own set of fox mutants, apparently."
"Have you ever seen one?"
"No. That is why this would be so good. Fresh Hoshidan fox meat, yum."
"Uhhh, not too sure about that...", I stammered, bemused at his rather gallowish humor.

Now that we know that we have the backing up from both Keaton and Captain Nohria, we decided to tranverse the mountains to avoid the Hoshidan main armies' detection. It took us a couple of days to climb up the mountains. We were on constant alert against the Hoshidan mutants for the next couple of days.

EFYTwRa.jpg

"It has been at least 48 hours and we still haven't seen a mutant in sight... Are we really sure that they are supposed to be here."
"Well, very few regular soldiers survived to came back the tale," Azura explained. "For all we know, we can just only pray that we left the mutant's base behind."

UWd8aeT.jpg

"What?! No Hoshidan fresh meat?", Keaton complained. "Geez that no fun."
"Keaton," I started. Then I sighed. "I'd rather avoid unncessary battle before we get to Manchu-"

hydNY70.jpg

But I never finished the sentence. A figure lunged at me from nowhere while Keaton pushed me away. "Gah! Who's there?!", I yelled.
"These must be the mutants Keaton was talking about," Azura pondered about.

f07QTLy.jpg

IwqSy3z.jpg

Before we knew it, we saw numerous mysterious fox-like figures encroaching closer to us. Some of them started to growl at us, as if they smelt and desire our blood. Then, one figure has emerged as the leader of the group.

"Well, look who is here. The Nohrian main army," the fox-like chief said.
"Who is that creep?", Elise asked incredulously.
"Don't exactly know, but I assure you, milady, that he is not a friend of ours," Arthur warned her.

iZamYXA.jpg
"Is that what I think it is?!", I nervously said.

DSCIi4s.jpg
"Indeed. And you shall all die here, in both Tojo, Hitler, and Mussolini's names. Hail Hydra, where if one head's cut off, two shall replace it!", the fox-like figure announced.
Before we knew it, the Fox Hydra army rushed at us. We all panicked as we desparatedly armed ourselves. As the first waves of Fox Hydras start their attempt in devouring us, we all thought we were done for. Until suddenly, a projectile flew above us, riocheted off a couple of the Fox Hydras, and stopped the rest of the pack, who all flinched at a figure that happened to be behind us.

HDSWF9h.jpg

Suddenly, voice called out across the battlefield. "Not so fast, Nazi fiends!"

Suggested listening track: Captain America's Theme

Spoiler

"Captain!", Keaton exclaimed.
"Captain?", I repeated, staring at the figure. There he was, the super-athletic body with his shield, all adorned in stars and strips and in the colours of red, white, and blue.

2IbYYYM.jpg

"Tsch. Sneaky Nohrian mutants! Always there to annoy us!", the Fox leader cursed.
"Friends, let me join in your strength!" the Cap yelled to us.
"Captain, you have our gratitude!", I yelled back as we better armed ourselves.

mNGRSdF.jpg

And thus, boys and girls, to arms!

Battle vs Hydra - Hoshidan Division

Spoiler

So, well, luckily enough, the supply division brought ample amounts of milk and wheat for Peri to work with. In turn, she made us some exquisite macaroni, which helps us run and attack faster, and withstand enemy attacks better. This sure beats the standard issues that we get, which includes the meals that are rejected, even by the enemy. (I swear, even Felicia's cooking are better than that shit!)

Turn 1 - 1000 hrs:
The first Hydra Fox just nearby had his invisibility device on, so we took our positions around him, with stronger units around the outer perimeter. The enemy then targets Selena for his lunge move, in which Selena fired her rifle back at him, which she managed to defeat him.

YIELmRQ.jpg

Turn 2-3 - 1030-1100 hrs:
We took up new positions further out north and east, to prepare for the first wave of Hydra Foxes approaching us. Also, we had Selena pair up with Camilla so that she can be better defended. We were all ready in our stances to engage them for the first wave by the end of Turn 3.

6a1KpwW.jpg

On the enemy phase, the majority of units targeted Silas, Selena, and Beruka due to their lower defense, but the enemy suffered more damage than we did.

Turn 4 - 1130 hrs:
Now it was our turn to do business. We took out all of the Fox Hydras thanks to our superior firepower, and to our well-coordinated teamwork in the form of attack stances. As for myself, I paired up with Beruka for some defense boost. There were a couple of times where I had to change attack-stancing partner's equipments, either to correct damage calculations that would not quite KO the enemy, or forbetter accuracy. One example is as Effie and Silas below. Silas was initially arming a Javelin, which had 70% accuracy - which unlike past installments, is not quite reliable enough. I had him switch to a Bronze Lance which had much better accuracy shown below:

mvoLy0z.jpg

Keaton the Wolverine also joins in cutting one of the proverbial heads off from Hydra.

bV8P3v9.jpg

So we are victorious. But we do not have time for celebration, because the second wave is coming in. We take our stances once more for engagement. Luckily, it looks like our presence brought hesitation amongst the second wave of Hydra Foxes, and they did not attack anyone.

SCcxqkB.jpg

Turn 5 - 1200 hrs:
‎This was generally similar to the previous turn, where I just bought in my strongest and most reliable unit, point him or her which enemy to kill, and have the job done.

KXXWsVO.jpg

During this battle, Camilla gained a level, acquired Savage Blow, landed further damage on the surrounding Fox Hydras, and proved to me that...

WICiWB8.jpg
SHE CAN DOOO IIIIIIIITTTT!!!

So thus, the second division of Hydra Foxes from the north were annihilated. We then started to prepare for the third wave from the west, on the other side of the river.

Turn 6 - 1230 hrs:
By the end of the turn, we had our stances ready, with Effie at the front of our group. The enemies then started to advance through across the bridge.

Hm9xNZF.jpg

Turn 7 - 1300 hrs:
Noticing that the enemies were real and visible, we decided to make a run for it across the bridge,defeating the Fox Hydras.

RZht48V.jpg

pLYffyG.jpg

One by one, our units one-round KOed the enemies and secure the bridge across. Niles, Mozu, Silas, Keaton, and Camilla all were MVPs for the assault on the bridge.

Turn 8-12 1330-1530 hrs:
We took the time to tranverse the bridge to the western side, and took our positions. Beruka then rallied for better defense as we sunk into position.

BogiDGe.jpg

However, since we couldn't bait them as we were, Effie once again came forward to provoke the Hydras on Turn 11. We took out the visible Hydra foxes, but we couldn't locate the invisible ones, so we had to take defensive positions again. Meanwhile, Beruka gained a level, and it turned out that…

d5gldaH.jpg
SHE CAN DOOO IIIIIIIITTTT!!!

On the enemy phase, Niles had a close call when one of the Foxes snuck through the back lines, and ambushed him with a critical hit.

Turn 13-16 1600-1730 hrs:
But such sneak attack would inevitably stopped and crushed by our serior firepower on Turn 13...

tCNEpFT.jpg

So now, the time has come to take down Kaden himself once and for all. We approached the valley leading out from the mountains and took our stances. By the end of Turn 16, Kaden and his two remaining henchemen were cornered, unable to escape. I, with a microphone, implored the remaining three Fox Hydras to surrender. But this was to no avail.

bWn8y0z.jpg

orf956r.jpg

The problem was that Kaden had a higher avoid than almost all other Fox Mutants we have engaged. However, one sniper had an eye so close, an eye so keen to have a guarranteed hit against Kaden.

gFxgARp.jpg

That was Mozu, and she finished the job.

After that, it was a matter of not dying to a critical, and finishing the two remainders.

Mission accomplished. God bless the United States of Nohr.

NdIk325.jpg

Path of Escape

Spoiler

QDE8eOR.jpg

So we managed to defeat the majority of the Fox Hydras. But alas, many more Fox Hydra members have arrived!
"The worst thing you can do now is to underestimate Hydra. I shall lead my men to avenge Kaden!"
True to their word, a new leader was proclaimed on the spot.
"Oh won't you just give up? We just defeated 25 of your men!", I moaned, wanting them to surrender.

ZapQ142.jpg

"Cut off one head, two more shall take its place. Hail Hydra." Clearly, they had no intention to admit defeat.
Suddenly a gallant voice pierced through the tense atmosphere.

hmAetid.jpg

"Not so fast!" It was Captain Nohria! He came back to help us again! "I shall stop you, here and now!"
"Hah, do your worst, degenerate!", the new Hydra leader taunted the cap.
"My Nohrian friends, advance up to the border while you can!", the Captain yelled! "I shall take care of this! Soon they shall have no-one to replace the Fox Hydra!"
Indeed, now we saw an opening to make our way through!

s7rWBMq.jpg

"You have our gratitude, Captain!", I thanked.
"Never fear, friends and patriots!", the Cap assured us as he dove into the swarms of Hydra Foxes.

VgUhejT.jpg

I then turned to my troops. "All right troops, move out, on the double! Go, go, go!", I yelled, as we pulled ourselves together to escape.

We rushed over to the Manchurian border as fast as we could. Some of the Fox Hydras chased us, but every one of them who did so were knocked out by the Cap's projectile shield. I don't remember exactly how we tranversed across the mountain, but we made it over there. The last I have heard, every single Fox Hydra member has been taken down, with no one left to take the helm. No more shall take its place. May God bless the United States of Nohr.

Edited by henrymidfields

Okay, so I finished writing up the story for Chapter 19. I've got a bit of a problem for Chapter 20, though. One of the problem is that Chapter 20 is essentially the "exhibition/test match" between Fuga vs the Nohrian Army. The other problem is, the Wind Tribe is neutral here, but Manchuria is clearly not - it'a a puppet state of the Japanese. I'll have to do some further reading up of the history, but if you have clues which I can work with, then as always, they will be much appreciated.

I agree on that. Besides, it's not like the Wind Tribe were compeltely neutral, were they?

Considering what happens in Ch20 and the state of Manchukuo during WWII, perhaps it can also be seen as convincing the Manchu about deciding they're better off stop being the Japanese's puppet state.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Guys, just a heads up, I've had a cold for the past week, a Serenes friend to Photoshop pictures for his LP right now, and a series of Christmas parties to attend this weekend, so I can't guarantee any updates for the next week or so. Sorry.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 20: At the Fengmaguo Border

Stats prior to commencement

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian Senator Noble, Lv 5, HP 44
20, 14, 19, 23, 16, 16, 16 Sword B, Tome D, Dragonstone B
Extra skills: Aptitude, HP+5, Renewal, Shurikenbreaker, (Vantage), (Heartseeker),

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 26, HP 28
10, 19, 25, 22, 30, 13, 25 Dagger B, Staff B
Extra skills: Tomebreaker, Tomebreaker, Aptitude, (Strong Riposte)

Elise Medic Truck Strategist, Lv 6, HP 26
5, 31, 19, 24, 30, 11, 32 Tome E, Staff B
Extra skills: Aptitude

Silas Light Tank + Paladin, Lv 5, HP 35
24, 3, 20, 23, 19, 24, 15 Lance C, Sword C
Extra skills: Luna, Sol, Aptitude, Movement +1, (Astra), (Duelist’s Blow)

Arthur A true American Hero, Lv 5, HP 41
27, 0, 26, 17, 15, 26, 10 Sword D, Axe B
Extra skill: Lucky Seven, Aptitude, HP+5, Certain Blow

Effie Heavy Tank + General, Lv 5, HP 36
33, 0, 19, 15, 24, 28, 10 Lance B, Axe E
Extra skill: Aegis, Aptitude

Odin Magical Gun Tank Sorcerer, Lv 5, HP 29
13, 19, 23, 18, 22, 18, 15 Tome B
Extra skill: Aptitude

Niles Elite Sniper Spy Adventurer, Lv 6, HP 26
21, 17, 18, 32, 14, 18, 31 Bow B, Staves D
Extra skill: Pass

Mozu Elite Sniper Spy, Lv 6, HP 33
29, 5, 30, 27, 17, 21, 12 Bows B
Extra skill: Profiteer

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 25, HP 27
20, 8, 24, 27, 26, 9, 16 Lance D
Extra skills: Aptitude, Profiteer

Beruka Fighter Plane Wyvern Lord, Lv 6, HP 36
24, 2, 27, 16, 19, 26, 16 Lance E, Axe B

Selena Royal Aussie Battler Ylissan Hero, Lv 5, HP 40
21, 3, 17, 25, 14, 22, 12 Sword B, Axe E
Extra skills: Aptitude, Shurikenbreaker, HP+5, Sol

Camilla B29 Bomber (Atomic Bomb) Malig Knight, Lv 4, HP 31
22, 13, 17, 22, 16, 18, 18 Axe C, Tome D (Used Godess Icon)
Extra Skills: Aptitude, Swordbreaker, Bowbreaker

Leo Magical Light Tank Dark Knight, Lv 5, HP 36
17, 21, 19, 18, 17, 16, 21 Sword C, Tome B
Extra Skills: Shurikenbreaker, Aptitude, Nobility

Keaton Inglorious Bastard Supersoldier Wolfssegner, Lv 5, HP 47
28, 0, 14, 16, 15, 27, 11 Beaststone C

Xander Midweight Tank Paladin, Lv 5, HP 38
24, 4, 19, 18, 21, 23 Sword B, Lance D

Kaze Anti-facist Counter-propaganda and Japanese translation officer
Retired from active combat due to injury.

At the Fengmaguo Border

Spoiler

Another 48 hours of fleeing on the double from the Hoshidan Hydras, and we reached the southern border of Fengmaguo (風摩国). We stood by facing against the Kwantung Army who were deployed against us. There were tensions amongst us versus them - we wanted to go in, while they obviously wanted to keep us out.

roXDuGF.jpg

"Big ol' liars! They're about as neutral as...um... Oh, you know what I mean!", Elise complained. "They weren't even remotely swayed when Camilla used her feminine wiles on them!"
"Elise, you silly thing," Camilla gently chided. "I did not use wiles of any kind, love. But you may have a point about them hating westerners. Over the past few centuries, and especially during a war that happened nearly four decades ago, their villages were attacked by marauding Russian troops. As Russia and we are, well, allies, of course they would become suspicious about us."

I was still undaunted, though. The Mokshu people and the Korais who have been serving under their colonial Hoshidan masters would have every reason to be discontent of the colonial rule.

igSEvKF.jpg

"Well, I'm still going to try reasoning with them," I declared.
"You are?", Camilla asked. "Oh, little Hisashi! Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"Hisashi and I believe that we could sway them in our favour," Joseph explained. "According to our spies, there are cases of rebellion and low morale amongst the regular Manchurian troops. The only issue would be the Kwantung Army - those elite soldiers would not go down without a fight. Even then, however, they have been suffering from low reputation and low morale. What's more, they have been apparently ill-equipped for quite some time."
"So the chances of convincing Emperor Pu-yi would be quite high then," I followed up.
"Indeed, though we musn't let our guards down."

Under Secretary of State Joseph Grew and I decided to request an audience with Henry Pu Yi, the emperor of Manchukuo. Our request must have been granted as a convoy of delegations have appeared near our border. Some murmurs came from the Manchurian side, as people exited the cars that were carrying them.

jS9BFsA.jpg

"So, is it the United States of Nohr and their military that asks us for an audience?" Pu Yi inquired.
"Indeed so," Joseph and I affirmed.

The two of us had talks over at the nearby outpost. It was another one of those awkward diplomacies where were had to take on a fake smile and mask our reservations towards the Emperor, and disdain towards the pro-Hoshidan contigents of the military and governmental staff.

jHps0Uz.jpg

"We are going to be very blunt here," Joseph declared. "At least one of your military contigent is wanted by the Allies for war crimes. It is not too late to join the Allies' side. We will promise immunity to you and to your supporters if you surrender."
"...I am afraid that is not possible," Puyi answered. "As the emperor of Dongbei Fengmaguo (東北風摩国), I am obliged to ally with Hoshido."
"We acknowledge the influence that the Japanese government proper has on the Manchurian government. Still, we sincerely ask you to join the Allies - and we shall repeat: this shall come with a guarantee for the life of you and your family."
"...Sir. ...You do not understand. I've been indoctrinated by the Japanese authorities in creating the Fengmaguo... I have been running this country for over a decade... As long as the Kwantung Army retains the real power in what we do, then I am powerless to make any decisions."
"Having lived in Japan for a decade, I also acknowledge the importance of the emperor's authority. One of the conditions that I asked our President to accept was the retention of the monarchical head."
"I'm sorry, but...as I said before, I cannot make this decision myself... As much as I understand your purpose, I am utterly powerless to overturn the Kwantung Army's decision.", Puyi finished.

IIgEQ9T.jpg

Joseph and I drew a sigh. "...It is no use," I said in resignation. "The Emperor would not budge with us, even with the concession of retaining him as head of state."
"So a direct fight is inevitable...", Xander commented.
"I pity the Emperor who has been possessed by the evil spirit of Imperialism...", Kaze added. "Having said that, there may be an easier way," Kaze explained. "The key to us occupying Fengma is to expel the Kwantung Army. I know that the Mokshuites and the Korais would only be obedient to the Hoshidans as long as the latter shows power."
"Does that include the March 1st Movement that the Korais held?", I asked.
"Yes, Senator. The last I have heard, many of the resistance has gone to hiding in Fengma. I suspect that some of the insubordination incidents that our spies revealed to us involved the Korai independence activists. In fact, I have sent leaflets and fliers convincing the Fengmaites to surrender while you had your talks."
"...And, well, sorry to interrupt," Arthur interjected. "But we are being approached by a number of them, actually."
"Really?", I exclaimed.
"Indeed so, Senator; they have handed to us their weapons. For the moment, we are detaining them until their identities are established."
"Right," I acknowledged. "Sounds encouraging. Looks like we may be able to avoid some major fighting. Felicia, have we got enough staff to keep the detention area?"
"Ah, yes, sir," Felicia replied. "I...think we have at least 100 guards?"
"All on standby, sir," Jakob assured me. "We have just established a set of perimeters for our makeshift detention centre. While you and Felicia are on the front lines, Flora and I shall keep on watch."
"Thank you, both," I said. I then turned to everyone else. "Okay, everyone, brace yourselves. We are going to cross the border in an hour's time."

MqppUBJ.jpg

Indeed, as we took our positions, we could see the Kwantung Army approaching us from the horizon. We could hear the fanatics' yells of praises toward their Emperor and curses towards us.

9ADkidd.jpg

「大保志道帝国万歳!」(Dai-Hoshido-Teikoku banzai!) "Glory to the Hoshidan Empire!"
「天皇陛下万歳!」(Tenno heika banzai!) "Glory to the Emperor!"
「打倒鬼畜ノール!」(Datou kichiku Norui!) "Down with the Nohrian scums!"
「あの非国民を八つ裂きにするぞぉ!」(Ano hikokumin o yatsuzaki ni suruzo!) "We're gonna tear apart that traitor!"
「あの白い獣を撃ち殺せ!」(Ano shiroi kemono o uchi korose!) "Shoot those white beasts dead!"

1FwTDGs.jpg
And thus, boys and girls, to arms!

Edited by henrymidfields

Chapter 20 Part 2: Battle of Fengmaguo

Overview

Spoiler

Okay, so here is how this goes. The gameplay map will be designated as the following locations for this story. There will also be war plan maps of the real Fengmaguo/Manchuria.

Yp5fpWh.jpg
(Map of Chapter 20, from the Kawaki-chatei (かわき茶亭) webpage.)

So the supply division have yet again graced us with some more wheat and cabbage for Peri to make Cabbage Strudel. The nutrients from the two ingredients, and withstand enemy attacks (both standard and magic-powered projectiles) better. Again, we really should count our blessings, considering how appalling the meal-rarely-edibles are. (I swear, even Arthur's cooking isn't as cursed as that disgusting shit!)

I also used the following tonics for the following:
Resistance: Xander, Silas, Selena, Arthur, Mozu, Keaton, Effie, and Azura
Defense: Elise, Felicia, Leo, Azura
HP+5: Elise, Felicia, Azura, Odin

Day 1-7

Spoiler

Day 1:

Oo3slHH.jpg

(War plan, issued Day 1)

BB29u9h.jpg

I sent the flying squadrons led by Beruka and Camilla to attack and disperse the infantry group (Spear Masters) stationed at Talian/Port Arthur, located on the lower-right of the map. Particularly, Beruka 1-round-KOed one of the infantry battalion (Spear Master), while Camila strafed and disrupted the second one. (using the Thunder tome with Beruka's attack stance in game terms

55iIlXN.jpg

With Azura's Double-Time transporter ship (singing), I sent Silas and his tank battalion for further support firepower to defeat the surviving soldiers.

Xander then calls in the reinforcement from the Royal Ylissean Air Force, who strafed, firebombed, and forced some of the enemies off their positions (which will be the translation of the Dragon Vein-activated wind gusts). One of the infantry battalion strayed into our paths up north (left of our starting point in the game), where Arthur and my battalions defeated it. I gained a level and it has been brought to my attention that...

K8aVQm2.jpg
I CAN DO IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!

As with us, everyone else advance in my general direction.

During the enemy phase, the last remaining infantry attempted to break through Silas, but his battalion (with support bombardment from Camilla's) one-rounded the enemy.

Day 2:

xN7yg2K.jpg
(War plan, issued Day 2)

After confirming that replacement Ylissean units will be stationed there (lol) I recalled the units that I diverted to Talian/Port Arthur, and we advanced into the Northeast China Plains - avoiding the cities and urban warfare for the time being. We received transmission of a possible air strike with the Kwantung Army (represented by the winds blowing us away in the game's enemy phase). Leo then asked the RYAF to strike the Kwantung Air Force, and strafe their ground units...using his Dragon Vein phone.

QLYk6ik.jpg

With one of the magical bazooka battalion (also known as Onmyojis) straying into our path, disoriented, Effie and her group of heavy tank blasted them to smithereens! Once again:

6bgzC5G.jpg
EFFIE CAN DOOO IIIIIIITT!

aFHVuxZ.jpg

PT-Felicia flew on the southwest area of the Plains, with Selena parachuting onto the enemy. The former strafed the other Onmyoji battalion with extra support (attack stance) from Selena and her group of diggers. Via two paths (or walkways in the game) we aimed to reach Yingkou. (They are depicted as the right-of-centre platform occupied by the Onmyojis.)

xXLlTeS.jpg

For the enemy phase: Xander and Silas, who merged back onto the main group, was approached by another Onmyoji battalion, but returned fire, and. There were further two Onmyoji battalions from the Menjiang region, which approached my battalion accompanied by Elise.

Day 3:
Elise and I promptedly responded by firing our rifles and artilleries resulting in the Onmyoji battalions' rout. Some good news: Ylissean ground troops will be coming in and assisting us with their transporters and troops - they shall whisk us closer to our next objective point like the winds. The majority of us waited to meet our allies.

gzBhnHf.jpg

But not so fast: the Kwantung Army has called for air support, and their planes (Sky Knights) have taken off, approaching us.

Day 4-5:

zMjt1J2.jpg

Selena and her crew then set up anti-aircraft artilleries, taking out one of the bombers, and the rest of our army took their positions. Elise and I, on the other hand, merged with the last of the Ylissean transporters, which would fast-track us to Liaoyang to merge with our crew.

QiaKAKs.jpg

On the enemy phase, the Liaoyang Infantry Battalion (spear masters) and artilleries (snipers and onmyojis) stationed in Penhsi and along the Korean-Manchurian Railroad made their move to assault us. While we did not suffer any major losses, it did require re-supply (HP heal with staves) in the next day.

Meanwhile, Elise and I joined the Ylissean transporters, and we snuck into Liaoyang. (wind effect)

On Day 5, we assaulted Liaoyang and routed the enemies holding the city. During the enemy phase, some of the surviving enemies who previously routed went into hiding, regrouped, and are re-approaching us from the south. (reinforcements from gameplay).

Day 6:

iEWmzLt.jpg

The enemy aircrafts have finally come; now we shall hold our positions in Liaoyang and take our positions. As we did this, Leo radioed in to the RYAF of the situation and our allies proceeded to dogfight some of the Kwantung fighters and bombers, shooing them away in the process. This allowed us some more time to set up our anti-aircraft guns. Meanwhile, renegades made their way into Yingkou.

DX7J6QR.jpg

Day 7:
Our resident supersoldier Keaton ventured out back into Yingkou, and singlehandedly took out a whole Onmyoji Battalion (albeit consisting of survivors), and proved to us that:

mDa0ZWQ.jpg
KEATON CAN DOOO IIIIIIITT!

And with Azura's double-time, Keaton then proceeded to take out an infantry battalion as well. Beruka also provided air support which proved to be very valuable as the bottom footage shows.

wdbDXTi.jpg

zwglqPS.jpg

While some stayed in Yingkou, others advanced to Liaoyang in light of an advance warning of the Kwantung Air Force's attempt in strafing us. (the wind gust) After some further skirmish with the remaining infantry battalion, the enemy air force decided to strafe Beruka's garrion, resulting in them scattering to Penhsi.

Day 8 onwards

Spoiler

Day 8:

3pjGoxk.jpg
(War plan issued on Day 8)

Beruka and her allied regiments regrouped and started their assault on the industrial city of Penhsi. Beruka first bombarded one of the infantry battalions, resulting in their rout.

simota9.jpg

Meanwhile Mozu got her artillery ready, and shot and routed the Kwantung infantry battalion, while Azura got her artillery ready and shot down the supporting (or support-stancing) bombers.

The rest of us waited for the Ylissean reinforcements, including the transport units that would fast-track us to Mukden. Annoyingly, during the enemy phase, another squadron of infantries with a squadron of Elite Kinshi Bombers attacked Leo's magic light artillery vehicle battalion. Neverthless the Ylisseans arrived and assisted us in advancing up along the South Manchurian Railway to Mukden.

Day 9:
In the initial skirmish at Mukden, Arthur and his riflemen routed the Kwantung Yari Infantry!

QDdXREI.jpg
ARTHUR CAN DOOO IIIIIIITT!

78vhcLa.jpg

Leo also regouped his artillery division and they shot down and routed the Elite Kinshi Bombers, while Elise radioed in the RYAF again to further disrupt the Kwantung Air Force.

GNyeGSg.jpg

Meanwhile, Effie and her heavy tank division makes their assault against Hayato's garrison; Beruka provides air support...which didn't quite succeed. (Beruka's attack missed.) In the enemy phase, Hayato's magic riflemen counterattacks, while Effie and Beruka's divisions could not quite take Hayato's battalion. (Both missed their attacks.)

Day 10:
Realising that their equipment wasn't suited for urban warfare, Beruka and her fleet switched to a more accurate weapon, then they and Beruka's battalion attacked again.

er1Vh6W.jpg

Success! Hayato's battalion has routed! The Arthur joined in and routed the late-coming infantry attempting to retake Peihsi. Finally, Elise and Felicia arranged supplies (HP recovery) for the troops.

Day 11-12:

zr7ZMv7.jpg
(War plan issued on Day 11)

PxGPQcj.jpg

We then advanced up along the South Manchurian Railway. Along the way, a regiment of infantry battalions engaged us, who we routed them without much trouble. While one of the paired-up infantry battalions gave us a bit of extra work, Xander's tank division with Beruka's squadron took them out. There was a bit of a hitch from the air strafers during the enemy phase (the stupid wind again), who forced us away off course. We had to spend an extra day trying to find our way back.

Day 13:

urFusfH.jpg

By then we reached the outskirts of Xinjing. The magic artillery battalions of Leo and Elise (attack stance) routed the one of the last standing infantry battalions, while Arthur's riflemen and Xander's light tank division (attack stance) finished off the other infantry battalion. We all cautiously approached the General Affairs State Council on the west side of city, where one of the Kwantung Army's Chiefs-of-Staff Fuga and his regiment awaited us.

Day 14-16:

R0guQX7.jpg

While we were on a standoff against Fuga, Keaton, Beruka, Xander, and Arthur and their crew had one last job to do. To secure the railway to Andong that leads into Korea. They took their positions to meet the other Elite Kinshi Bomber squadron.

WxrQi1Y.jpg

The four divisions engages the Andong garrison on Day 15, where the enemies try to attack Keaton, but are no match for the superhero. By Day 16, Keaton took down the infantries, while Arthur and his men took down the Elite Kinshi Bombers with their SAM Bazookas.

vs Fuga:

zd3ogbl.jpg

Meanwhile, we fought against Fuga, in which he went down surprisingly easily. Leo and his magical light tanks did the initial assault, while Mozu and her artillery/sniper allied battalion took down anyone who tried to sneak out the government quarters.

uuAP9yP.jpg

Further support was given by Camilla and her bomber squadron, providing cover for Leo's battalion while they retreated. Though Fuga gave us a few nasty surprises with his anti-air artillery within the government quarters.

q4g5Jt1.jpg

After the confusion from Camilla's bombardment, Selena and her battalion of diggers led the final charge to overwhelm Fuga and his troops. Perhaps out of resignation, or out of desperation, Fuga and his few surviving men raised their white flag to surrender.

jTbXD4y.jpg

Mission accomplished. God bless the United States of Nohr.

The demise of the Kwantung Army

Spoiler

As we manoeuvred around the government buildings and secured them many of the Kwantung Army started to flee the city like rats. Some of the lower officers, comprising of ethnic Mokshus and Korais turned their proverbial coat and started to fire at the Hoshidans, while civilian Mokshus came out of their foxholes and celebrated with us. The Kwantung stronghold has fallen.

3xAHQ3C.jpg

However, there was still the question of what to do with Emperor Pu-yi. The Kwantung Army tried to evacuate Pu-yi to Harbin, but the last we heard, Ylissean allies have captured the vehicle they were travelling.

yLIm2cA.jpg

Amidst the cheering crowds, I gathered Xander and our Under State Secretary.
"The last I've heard, a convoy carrying the Emperor was captured by our allies," I mentioned to the two. "They were on their way to Harbin."
"Quite an anticlimactic end to the whole puppet regime, no?", Xander remarked.
"Looks like the empire was only as strong as the Hoshidan puppeteers running the show," Joseph agreed. "Anyway, we'd better send a garrison over to the Imperial Palace."
"Felicia and Jakob has already arranged that," I replied. "One of Lucina's battalions should be arriving within another 5-6 hours. That should be enough manpower to secure the palace grounds for the time being."

The next morning, we arrived at the palace grounds for an inspection. Sure enough, we could see Ylissean Commonwealth soldiers patrolling the grounds. We cleared the security check at the gate, and were ushered into the main palace. Surprisingly, there seemed to be very little change in the palace grounds, with the same Mokshu and Fengma servants coming and going - or at least similar to the servants we saw when we met the Emperor previously.

GGIKPT3.jpg

"Senator Hisashi and company, I hereby summon you to the chambers," a voice called out from the main royal chamber. A couple of the Mokshu attendants ushered us in.
"So, we meet again," the Emperor said with his calm voice.
"Y...yes," I said. We were quite dumbfounded by his lack of strong emotion.
"I have heard that we are being summoned for another reason," our Under Secretary has asked.
"Indeed so," the Emperor affirmed. "We have decided to accept the terms of your surrender."
I drew a heavy sigh, to which Xander abruptly covered my mouth and angrily shushed me.
"Hisashi!", he hissed. "Don't ever do this in public again!"
"S-sorry, brother," I whispered back, awkwardly remembering that this was a diplomatic mission, not one of those times with my deranged Hoshidan siblings - particularly not with Ryoma at that Field Hospital.

We did make amends afterwards, thankfully. Xander and I spent the rest of the day touring the palatial garden.

3IOQkhC.jpg

"I'm really sorry that I scared you," Xander apologised. "I think I understand where you're coming from. It's about the battle over this past couple of weeks, isn't it."
"Exactly," I affirmed. "I just can't help thinking that we would have saved so much trouble in the first place."
"I know, I know...", Xander muttered, giving a smile any older doting brother would. He switched to a small frown and continued, "But I need you to be mindful that we are also on a diplomatic mission. Promise me that you would act more properly in such future occasions."
"Indeed, I apologise, and I shall be more aware from now," I assured.
"Good," Xander replied, with a satisfied smile.

After we recuperated over the next week, we joined with a number of Ylissean Commonwealth regiments, to board the military train to Antung. Lucina was there waiting for us, amongst with her crew.

E0MwVxy.jpg

"Senator Hisashi! Senator Xander! Splendid to meet again!", Lucina exclaimed when she saw us approach her at the front porch.
"I am glad to see that you are in good health," Xander replied, as we exchanged greetings.
"Heya, greetings!", a rather hyperactive girl besides Lucina greeted us.
"Uhh, who are you?", I asked.
"Oh, she is my old friend, Cynthia," Lucy (as Cynthia called her) introduced us.
"Behold! The dark hero of Odin shall now join forces with Cynthia, the hero-godess of blind-light justice!", Odin greeted Cynthia in his usual bombast.
"And we shall vanquish the dark tyranny of the Hoshidon'ts!", Cynthia replied. "That is the duty of all Ylissean heroes!"
"Oh my god, not this bullshit again," Severa remarked. "Seriously, grow the hell up, both of you; it's bloody embarrassing."

jTH1Drd.jpg

Meanwhile, Leo and Laurent had their own conversations as old alumni friends from their military academy days.
"Long time no see, my friend, and soon, brother-in-arms", Leo greeted Laurent.
"It has been a significant amount of months since you returned to West Point," Laurent replied. "I am delighted that we can discuss strategy again. In fact, I will require your assistance in our war plans from this point onwards, just as you do from me."
"Is Morgan is going to be with us too?", Leo enquired.
"She's still over at Europe fighting against the Valmese," Laurent flatly replied. "And to be frank, I'm relieved that she is absent."
"Oh, come on, Laurent," Leo countered. "Surely such a genius is worth overlooking her various hijinxes. I remember she and Cynthia had those 'boat races' with mulled wine during the Christmas season. And you might as well think Morgan had a barrel of wine hidden in her room. It was just hilarious to see her pass out and not remember anything at all when she woke up later."
"Oh, gosh no," Laurent groaned. "I certainly found it an abomination back then. Besides, I am afraid you are utterly uninformed how much of a liability she continued to be after we graduated from Sandhurst. On one occasion, at the Bulge in Roseanne we were ambushed by the Nazis who snuck through the forest. We desperately tried to awaken Morgan to form a strategy for us when Lucina got injured. She was so intoxicated from the previous night after she apparently smuggled some wine from the nearby vineyards. We had to summon a transport car for her just so that we could all evacuate on time. She was court-martialed afterwards, and also prohibited from further alcoholic consumption in any way, shape, or form. If that does not constitute as sufficient reason for disrecommending her as a military strategist, then I am utterly clueless in what would be sufficient."

Anyway, we all boarded the train headed for Antung. There were still some guerrilla resistance from surviving Kwantung Army, which forced some unscheduled stops. Nevertheless, we were at Antung near the Korean border within two days. Another two hundred kilometres or so, and we would take over Pyonyang, the industrial powerhouse of the northern region. May God bless the United States of Nohr.

Edited by henrymidfields