Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - WW2 Pacific Theatre Edition! Endgame Intro uploaded!

@Blah: Is it still worth going through that chapter to milk the EXP for the rest of my team? If so, is it better to do that now, or after Chapter 8 when I have Niles?

Well, I've only ever played through Conquest once, and in that run I did the Paralogue as early as possible. In hindsight, though, it would be better to do it when you have Niles; dude needs all the help he can get.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combining the game with the Pacific Theatre? Oh man, why didn't I saw this sooner.

Well yeah, but you visit it for one chapter in conquest too. I was wondering how you were going to explain that.

The Bermuda Triangle?

@Acacia Sgt: If you have a look at my location, you'll realise just how ironic this LP of mine is, considering how pro-American this LP is going to be. Lol.

Heh, I've noticed.

Still, it's still interesting. And amusing.

Out of curiosity, do you plan for Port Dia (Chapter 10) to be Santa Barbara? I saw blah's suggestion of making Notre Sagesse into Indonesia, and thought it could fit. Both thematically (Hoshidan/Japanese attack on Norh/America) and narrative (trip to island nation from homeland port).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Don't use Mozu. She isn't that good compared to other Ests, and you can't afford to use that exp when you have a limited amount already. She isn't worth the effort.

Also, "We can do it!" but with Effie as Rosie.

Er, what.

No, really. Reclass Mozu the minute you get her, and she'll be pretty useful. Sniper is amazing on Conquest.

All right, I just finished Chapter 8. Posting to come hopefully within this week. I'm travelling to Sydney this weekend, though, so I can't promise anything.

Edited by henrymidfields

Chapter 8: Battle of Attu Island
Okay, here are the footages from the battle. Further update soon.

Unexpected hospitality?

Spoiler

So, yeah, General Mackie and Nimitz rallied us into Nohrmerica's final frontier, Alaska. Not much thanks to Felicia, though. Like, she has absolutely no clue that traversing through the snow is easier said then done.

Y555ra5.jpg

And then she had the brilliant idea to run ahead of us, leaving me and the artillery regiment in the lurch. This won't end well...

8KizQe3.jpg

Pretty soon, myself and my artillery regiment started to suffer from hypothermia, like the Huns did against those Commies...

jXuGDyi.jpg

Unexpectedly, we found ourselves in what it seems to be a hospital run by the Hoshidans ran by the unusually honourable Isoroku Yamamoto (who for some reason didn't go on his expedition to the South Pacific after all), together with the Frozen Tribe Chief Kilmer.

Bpk0sA7.jpg

Holy shit. I need to get outta here and regroup with my army!

g0SwOrV.jpg

Even worse, there was one person who we least expected to see...Flora. Even worse, just as we decided to make our getaway, everyone else barged in and blown our cover. Thanks, guys.

CnWgYE3.jpg

8MUAbrq.jpg

The local Attu people and the Hoshidans sounded the alarm for the militia! Everyone, to arms! And may God bless the United States of Nohr!!!

IuY5iBW.jpg

Battle of Attu Island

Spoiler

So as most of our RL!American Fates players (as well as my compatriots back at RL!home) have already known, I needed to issue warnings to three villages to win 10000 gold. At first glance, the map looked pretty bleak - at least one enemy unit could reach at least one of the villages within the very first enemy turn. However, I didn't know that only lancers visit those villages. We immediately visited the very first village in front of the tribe's city gates to warn the civilians to stay put. Then we all rushed through the forest and onto the frozen lake.

QkQxJvx.jpg

And it looks like Xander and Leo and Roosevelt issued further reinforcements for us to secure Alaska's democracy! The first regiment is led by the insane elemental bazooka-infantry Owain Odin Dark!

r9xiW6G.jpg

The second is a group of snipers led by the illustrious Niles!

NmOwJGA.jpg

Opposing these two allied units are two magic bazooka units (mages) with one of them armed with the more powerful Ice Beam Bazooka, Fimbulvetr-Mk2. Luckily, Elise disabled the ice mage with her Freeze stave, while Odin and Niles took the two on, while everyone else rushed to the other side. Then I dragon-veined and melted the lake to hold off the reinforcements from the eastern village. Niles, however, had some hitches with Flora's Freeze stave, which left him open to nearby mages and fighters clobbering him. Meanwhile, Silas and Effie raced to the villages to issue warnings, and took Flora out on their way back to our group.

zep6JT9.jpg

We then raced back to the eastern side before the final reinforcements comes in from the northernmost village. I melted the lake again with another dragon vein, and we prepared our stances while the enemy was held back.

0ovueya.jpg

We then slowly advanced our way to the north to bait the enemies...

scNCwJ1.jpg

I set up a couple of Mages with my Dragonstone for Odin's target practice, as seen in his attack stance with me. It seems that there are more ways to feed experience for lower-leveled units, thanks to the single-attack restrictions that I could utilize on certain weapons, and the attack stances allowing for both units to attack, with boosts in hit percentages. I also took some of the enemy units to raise Effie, and the below shows that they have paid off nice:

7Z0EkFO.jpg
YEAH! WEEEE CCAAAAAANNNN DDDOOOOOOOO TTTHHHIIIIIISSSSSSS!

jvEVlWO.jpg

So, well, none of the enemies have given me much trouble, though Flora and the enemies nearby her came close in forcing me to reset. But Kilma could possibly be some trouble, with him on a gate... I first sent Felicia for the debuffing with Odin on the side. Then set up Effie with Elise (who had high resistance) for the first attack. Then I was going to send Arthur in...

tD1Teow.jpg

Except that his accuracy percentage, even with Elise's attack stance, stayed at 70%. That would simply not do with Fates' RNG, so I came in to take my attack stance as well, and here was the above result.

evms3kF.jpg
Nice one, Arthur! You're a true American Nohrian hero!!!!!

Spoiler

Post-battle truce and peace treaty
anAVJU3.jpg

Because of our gallant Nohrian honor, we managed to take down everyone without unnecessary pain, unlike the barbaric tourtures of the Japanazis...no, Hoshidans. Moreover, we even had the Nohrmerican Red Cross serving under Elise give medical assistance.

6NXlCde.jpg

...and this is because we believe in freedom and justice for all. And now we won the hearts and minds of the misguided, but now patriotic Attu people, while the other part of our troops were busy deposing the corrupt and racist territorial governor of Alaska, replaced with a new, fairer governor, who shall address the inequalities of the local people which persuaded them to revolt in the first place. As for Yamamoto, he has decided to retreat his JapaneseHoshidan troops back, who was clearly overwhelmed by our superior war-economy machine complex.

7mXSajj.jpg
It also turned out that the local people, touched by our gallantry, decided to buy some of our country's finest war bonds and stamps. As such, we managed to raise some extra funds for our cause! God bless AmericaNohr!

Stats upon clearing Chapter 8

Spoiler

Numbers are (Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Def, Res)

Myself Nohrian President Candidate Prince, Lv 11
12, 2, 12, 11, 9, 10, 5 Sword D, Dragonstone D

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 9
7, 13, 16, 13, 17, 7, 15 Dagger C, Staff D

Elise Medic Truck Troubadour, Lv 9
3, 15, 7, 12, 17, 5, 15 Staff D

Silas Light Tank Cavalier, Lv 8
13, 0, 10, 10, 9, 10, 6 Lance D, Sword E

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 8
13, 0, 10, 8, 5, 10, 4 Axe D

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 8
15, 0, 10, 6, 12, 15, 4 Lance D

Odin Magical Gun Jeep Mage, Lv 7
5, 8, 12, 9, 10, 7, 7 Tome D

Niles Sniper Spy Outlaw, Lv 8
9, 5, 9, 15, 6, 7, 12 Bow D

And finally, here is a propaganda piece for everyone! As Arthur says: Here comes our Nohrian Liberty and Justice!
War Bond from Super Arthur
Ykecm6a.png

PS I think I am having too much fun in my quest of self-deprecation. :smug:

Edited by henrymidfields

Yamamoto just got shot down in his Betty over New Bougainville. Good job, Commander Hisashi.

Oh, oops. Should have read that history more thoroughly. (Then again, neither Doug nor Nimitz were there either.) Would there be a Aleutian land battle earlier than April 1943 that I can use? Or should I just make this just "Aleutian Battle", and avoid specific mention?

Out of curiosity, do you plan for Port Dia (Chapter 10) to be Santa Barbara? I saw blah's suggestion of making Notre Sagesse into Indonesia, and thought it could fit. Both thematically (Hoshidan/Japanese attack on Norh/America) and narrative (trip to island nation from homeland port).

Actually, for Port Dia, I might do both Santa Barbara, and rip off Steven Spielberg's 1941 and its inspiration, Battle of Los Angeles, just because of that sheer comedy of that film.

Edited by henrymidfields

No, Chapter Ten is too awesome of an experience to make it just an air raid. Make it alternate; make it a full fledged Japanese invasion. Oh, and Chapter Nine can be the Doolittle Raid.

Actually, for Port Dia, I might do both Santa Barbara, and rip off Steven Spielberg's 1941 and its inspiration, Battle of Los Angeles, just because of that sheer comedy of that film.

Admitedly, I haven't seen that movie.

No, Chapter Ten is too awesome of an experience to make it just an air raid. Make it alternate; make it a full fledged Japanese invasion. Oh, and Chapter Nine can be the Doolittle Raid.

The Doolittle Raid? I thought it would be more like the attack on Fort Stevens.

All right, Chapter 8 completed! Enjoy the full Nohrian glory and benevolence!

Soooooo....about Paralogue 1, should I have a Manchurian village or Korean pro-independence rebels, or Japanese dissidents in exile as fugitives?

Edited by henrymidfields

All right, Chapter 8 completed! Enjoy the full Nohrian glory and benevolence!

Soooooo....about Paralogue 1, should I have a Manchurian village or Korean pro-independence rebels, or Japanese dissidents in exile as fugitives?

You could have Mozu represent China.

Paralogue 1: Withdrawal from the Philppines A Tragic Start
I actually did the Castle Invasion that appeared after Chapter 8, so there are some units that levelled up:
[spoiler=Stats]

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 9
7, 13, 16, 13, 17, 7, 15 Dagger C, Staff D

Elise Medic Truck Troubadour, Lv 9
3, 15, 7, 12, 17, 5, 15 Staff D

Silas Light Tank Cavalier, Lv 8
13, 0, 10, 10, 9, 10, 6 Lance D, Sword E

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 9
14, 0, 10, 8, 9, 11, 5 Axe D (I gave him another Goddess Icon dropped from the enemy.)

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 9
16, 0, 10, 7, 13, 16, 5 Lance D

Odin Magical Gun Jeep Mage, Lv 7
5, 8, 12, 9, 10, 7, 7 Tome D

Niles Sniper Spy Outlaw, Lv 9
9, 5, 9, 16, 6, 8, 12 Bow D

[spoiler=Tragedy in the Philippines]
We recieved a distress call from our allies in the Philippines. Facelesses from the vile Unit 731 and their bloodthirsty Hoshidon'ts were terrorising villages on our Philippinean protectorate. Obtaining the approval of President Roosevelt, we decided to take a detour down the south to inspect the region...

XT7rSTW.jpg
To our horror we saw the small village being destroyed by Facelesses unleashed by the vile Japanazi...no Hoshidan army led by Colonel Masanobu Tsuji, and even a mother cover attacks for her terrified daughter.

bJ1oVMO.jpg

mUHyEsx.jpg

Our Nohrian response? This shall not stand! Nohrians, to arms! We shall teach those bloodthirsty Japanazis...no Hoshidon'ts a lesson in our Nohrian justice and liberty!

[spoiler=Battle of the Philippines]
RLPNgl8.jpg

As we want to rescue Mozu as quick as we can, I had everyone pair up even before the battle starts. Leaders were Elise, Felicia, and Silas carrying the slower units. We went on the double to secure the bridge just south of us, while taking out any Facelesses foolish enough to attack us. Felicia was able to hold on her own, and her debuffs helped other units take them down easier too.

1yyOCgy.jpg

It also helped that Harold took the opportunity to shield Felicia from further attacks! Our true hero!!!

Z2RKyFq.jpg

By Turn 3, we were able to secure the bridge, and cross the river.

Z2RKyFq.jpg

Then we all took our attack stances, while I paired up with Silas and Douglas to reach Mozu before any Faceless could.

6baj78F.jpg

Sadly, her entire family was not as fortunate...

OVy97lD.jpg

Our vile enemy slaughtered the rest of her family, which we verified and identified after this battle. As we too have a bone to pick against the vile Japanazis...no Hoshidan facists, we took her on as our newest recruit from the colonies!

grpbyjP.jpg

We had her paired up with Arthur to boost her fledgling strength, and Felicia and I (with my Dragonstone) also assisted in debuffing and whittling down the Facelesses' HP for Mozu's target practice, as we move further east.

6ShZD1j.jpg

lD5nj3g.jpg
One of her best level up moments. SHE CAN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!!

We continue feeding Mozu EXP as we move further up from the suburban areas into the downtown Manila. Except for the one odd critical by Felicia, this method of feeding EXP to Mozu proved reliable enough, that she ended up with a five-level raise.

VWeSGpg.jpg

Slightly trickier was the Faceless Boss which had more HP and defense. The good news is that it can only do meelee range.

As the screenshot show above, I could have had Mozu go in for the kill straight away, but given how not as reliable Fates' RNG is, I decided to leave this to the next turn, just in case Mozu misses, and gets incapacitated with the damage accumulation from the enemy's counterattack and in the enemy phase. However, that left Mozu not quite being able to KO the Boss...

5GsFLcq.jpg
...so I decided to further slowly whittle down the Boss's HP with Felicia.

ANc42Za.jpg
Now, I can safely KO the Boss with Mozu for another level up!

gVZG0Kl.jpg
You go, girl!

[spoiler=Withdrawal]
fyqcERf.jpg

Unfortunately, with the village destroyed, and the rest of the villagers annihilated, Mozu had nowhere to go.

0i8d7NP.jpg
Leaving her in the other villages were not options either; our other troops stationed in the Philippines are busy enough getting slaughtered, or being sent to slave camps as POWs under the slavish Japanazis...no Hoshidans already!

I4C20H3.jpg
Sad to say, we will have to evacuate her, some of our surviving battalions, and ourselves from the island. But mark Douglas's words, he has promised us with the following words: I'll be back.

Hov7I8r.jpg

[spoiler=Stats upon Stage Clear]

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 11
7, 14, 17, 13, 18, 8, 16 Dagger C, Staff D

Elise Medic Truck Troubadour, Lv 11
3, 16, 8, 13, 17, 5, 17 Staff D

Silas Light Tank Cavalier, Lv 9
13, 0, 10, 11, 10, 11, 7 Lance D, Sword D

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 9
14, 0, 10, 8, 9, 11, 5 Axe D

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 9
16, 0, 10, 7, 13, 16, 5 Lance D

Odin Magical Gun Jeep Mage, Lv 8
5, 9, 12, 9, 11, 8, 7 Tome D

Niles Sniper Spy Outlaw, Lv 9
9, 5, 9, 16, 6, 8, 12 Bow D

I reclassed Mozu into Archer as some suggested, so her stats are actually based after the class change inside My Castle:
Mozu Sniper Spy Archer, Lv 6
10, 1, 11, 11, 5, 6, 4 Bows E

Edited by henrymidfields

@Blah the Prussian: Sorry, mate. I just in the process of retrieving images, and Photoshopping them. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind if there was a "Save Draft" option for replies. EDIT: All right, all uploaded! Enjoy!

Edited by henrymidfields

That Mozu is going to be a terror with a bow. Which reminds me, get her to D bows ASAP. It'll make things slightly less painful.

@eclipse: * I load up Before Awakening DLC, grinds support/weapon levels, booing from the audience ensue lol.*

@Alastor15243: Wait, how do I get a Dread Scroll again?

Edited by henrymidfields

@eclipse: * I load up Before Awakening DLC, grinds support/weapon levels, booing from the audience ensue lol.*

@Alastor15243: Wait, how do I get a Dread Scroll again?

1. Dieppe Raid and/or Casablanca vs. The Vichies.

2. Path Bonuses in the Orb Menu.