Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - WW2 Pacific Theatre Edition! Endgame Intro uploaded!

Also, with Izumo in Chapter 19, shall I make it a fictional meeting of diplomats in Macau? Being Portugese territory, it was considered neutral territory (although in reality, it seemed that Japanese troops transited through the area).

Edited by henrymidfields

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@blah the Prussian: Please, by all means, feel free. Just out of curiosity, is it your Alternate 20th Century History we are talking about?

Yep. Though I probably won't actually write it.

Also, with Izumo in Chapter 19, shall I make it a fictional meeting of diplomats in Macau? Being Portugese territory, it was considered neutral territory (although in reality, it seemed that Japanese troops transited through the area).

Macau could work. Salazar was pro-Axis generally, too, in the same vein as Franco, so you,could have Zola be a Portuguese general trying to stop peace between the Allies and Japan so troops won't be freed up against Germany.

Macau could work. Salazar was pro-Axis generally, too, in the same vein as Franco, so you,could have Zola be a Portuguese general trying to stop peace between the Allies and Japan so troops won't be freed up against Germany.

He was? What was his opinion about the Japanese attacking and occupying East Timor?

I mean ideologically aligned. Like Franco, he didn't join the war because he knew the Axis couldn't win.

Wait, the last time I read Wikipedia (which admittedly may not be accurate), I had the impression that Portugal was more pro-Allied.

Edited by henrymidfields

Actually, Blah, never mind. Here is the update now:

Chapter 18 Portugese Peril (Black and White) Part 1: Meeting at Macau

Neutral Macau

Spoiler

We were sent over to Macau as the diplomatic attache for Nohr's Undersecretary of State, Joseph Clark Grew, and together we formed the Nohrian delegation to negotiate possible peace terms. While Hong Kong was occupied by the Hoshidans with their iron fists, Macau, being neutral Portugal's colony, was largely spared from the invasion. We could see bright lights amidst the kaleidoscope of the Portugese Baroque churches and vernacular Chinese townhouses and shops.

While the city may not have the geometric town planning beauty of Paris, nor the impressiveness of the New York skyscrapers, it was nevertheless a refreshing and inspiring sight to see normal people doing their hustle and bustle.

pNl6Lv5.jpg

"This place is so beautiful...so calming," I said as our car went down the streets.
"Isn't it?", Azura agreed. "Even amidst the outside fighting, it remains neutral and peaceful."
"So this is the beauty that peace allows for... How inspiring," I said. However, we know that this was just only the prelude to another hostile encounter. Our meeting is not just with the Allied nations, but also with the Axis as well. This, of course, included Hoshido, the invader of much of Asia. I put on a guarded frown again as we approach the Hotel Central in the grand historic Senado Square.

We arrived at Hotel Central near Senado Square, where a rather eccentric character greeted us.

ifxVf7F.jpg

"Hello there! Greetings and salutations! You've traveled far, haven't you? You have! Welcome to my not-so-humble abode, Nohrian friends!", an upbeat and bubbly albino clown greeted us.
"Thank you very much for the...erm, warm welcome," I greeted back with a forced smile. I took a glance at Joseph and he was completely out of words, clearly dumbfounded with what he just saw and heard.
"The hotel here is a teeny tiny bitty baby, but please make yourselves at home," the albino chattered.
Finally, Joseph spoke up, in a contrasting dignified tone. "We, um, shall do that. But...may I ask who I have the pleasure of addressing right now?"
"Oh! OH! Silly me! Yes, allow me to introduce myself. I am Archduke Izana, first heir to the divine bloodline, descendant of the gods...keeper of prophecies, and winner of best hair six times running. Not to brag. It's so nice to meet you!"
"Y-you're the acting colonial governor?! Really? ...Really, though?", I exclaimed, dumfounded by the ridiculousness of the whole character.

"Hush, Hisashi! Mind your manners!", Joseph snapped.
"Sorry, Undersecretary," I replied, finding myself feeling embarrassed at my lack of diplomatic protocol.
"Whew, that was a close one," Joseph whispered to me with a stern frown. "Do not ever slip up like that again. Do you understand?"
"Yes, I fully understand," I verbally acknowledged.
"Though I can't really disagree with you at how dumbfounding he is," he commented as his mouth turned into an embarrassed smile.

Izana then directed us through the lobby and along the corridor to the great hall, where along the way, we saw other delegations. Some of us discreetly commented on Izana.

y09Jg6O.jpg

"Impossible. He's so disgustingly casual...", Leo disparagingly commented.
"Overhyped, over-stimulated, and over here, eh?" Niles mulled out loud.
"A lord seemingly laden with the sheet of heavenly light... an antithesis of the great darkened soul of Odin Dark", Odin similarly commented.
"Who does he think he is? Some kinda clown??" Selena spat.

XkBkKAM.jpg

"I'm a little surprised he's able to lead a whole kingdom like that...", Camilla mentioned quietly.
"I know I have my casual banterings every now and then, but Ireally can't imagine Lord Xander doing the same thing. This...is...quite...unsettling, actually," Laslow said, with a rather uncharacteristic weight attached to his voice.
"It's downright unsettling indeed...", Xander agreed.

Suddenly, Elise spoke up in her bubbly voice. "It's great to meet you too, Izana! Let's be best friends, heehee!" Clearly, she was the only one that fully accepted Izana's off-the-wall antics for what it is. I guess that isn't all that surprising considering that Odin happened to be her husband (S-support partner).
"Ooh! Aren't you the cutest little girl this side of the Pacific Ocean! You are my new favorite, Lady Elise!", Izana complimented.

CtRnqQA.jpg

"Anyway, I must say, you royals have the most exquisite of exquisite timing. Tonight I am hosting a banquet fit for lovely little royal types like you! I already have the most TO DIE FOR guest list. You'll die! You simply MUST attend. You must! You will, yes? Will you? Won't you?"
"Guest? Oh, right" I muttered, as I braced for the worst.
"Yes! We have various delegates I've collected today. Including the Hoshidan royal family!" While he clearly did not intend to be that way, his comment weighed me down like a rock. We walked into the great hall and amidst the various delegates.
There they were, the Hoshidan delegates. Including my blood family.

xhhuxex.jpg

"So, you arrived." It was Mamoru Shigemitsu, the Minister of Diplomacy who lead the Hoshidan delegate.
"Foreign Affairs Minister (Mamoru) Shigemitsu, I assume?", I asked.
"Indeed," he confirmed. It has been the longest and the most awkward 15 seconds I've experienced.

mMG2lwu.jpg

"So it is you..." Sakura spoke quietly.

TV3Mn3x.jpg

"Here we are...so close, yet so far away...", Hinoka lamented.

2PvzmZ9.jpg

Takumi was silent the entire time...

kRG3dmz.jpg

"And to think that Hisashi would side with those vile captors...", Ryoma muttered.
"Speak ill of Nohrians again, and so help me...", Xander declared.
"Why are you angry? It's not an insult if it's true," Ryoma asked.
"It is an insult, because it is not true," I retorted. "At least, not anymore."
"Misguided fool," Ryoma called me. "They are misleading you. Trying to brainwash you in their degenerate ways."

iNlpguL.jpg

"You really desire to feel my blade at your throat don't you? ", Xander rhetorically asked.
"Just try it! I dare you!", Ryoma taunted.

25iH0gt.jpg

Just now, Izana barged into our conversation. "Whoa! No, no, no! Stop this at once! You don't want to be held responsible for breaking Macao's neutrality, right? Put those awful swords away THIS INSTANT."
"...Fine. As a fellow ruler, I will respect your laws," Xander acknowledged in resignation.

We took seats in the great hall waiting for our dinner. Xander, Joseph, and I had a brief conversation over what we just went through.
"How are you holding up?", Xander asked me.

b2CZUNe.jpg

"OK, I guess," I answered. "I'm so sorry about all this, Xander."
"Not everything in the world is your fault, young senator-in-the-making," Xander assured me. "You're here because you're a good leader who wished to fight for justice. None among us would even consider blaming you for what's happening."
"Likewise, we have so many reasons to commend you", Joseph added, further dispelling me of my doubts.
"Thank you, both...", I replied.

cPEjiRm.jpg

Suddenly, a voice reached us from behind. "Hello, Hisashi."
"Ryoma?!", I exclaimed as I turned around. There he was, by himself.
"What do you want, Hoshidan?", Xander and Joseph questioned.
"Please, calm yourselves. I mean no harm to either of you. I simply wish to speak with my brother," Ryoma assured.
Xander retorted, "So that you can steal her away to Hoshido the first chance you get? I won't allow it."
"Xander, back off," Joseph urged. "I will deal with this."
"Watch that temper of yours, Nohrian Senators," Ryoma warned. "I admit I acted out of line earlier, but I will not stoop to violating Macau's peace pact. As high minister of Hoshido. I don't have the luxury of making such a political misstep."
Joseph similarly acknowledged, "...As the Under Secretary of State, I am bound by the same political constraints. If you and yours can behave amicably then so can we."

A Happier Reunion

Spoiler

Just then, amidst the waiting diners, I saw Lucina from the Ylissan Commonwealth armed forces. I excused myself and approached her. "Lucina? Chrom?", I called to them.
"Good heavens, Hisashi, you are here too!", Lucina exclaimed with joy.
"I am glad to see you two seemingly in good health", I said.
"Likewise with you," Chrom replied.
"So how was on your end?", I asked.

SHZC6NL.jpg

"As you may have heard, our efforts were not in vain," Lucina assured. "Plegia has long fallen, of course, and our troops on the European side had just entered Valm."
"For a toast, to our radiant free world, then!", I replied.

hlPJx9w.jpg

"Hah, darn right. We are now transferred to the Asian front now, so chances are, we'll see each other more often," Chrom told me.
"It'll be good. Severa, Inigo, and Owain missed you two since they were transferred to our contigent."
"Ah, yes! Those three. Are they here today?", Lucina asked.
"Yeah, I'll just fetch them over," I said as I excused myself.

Mhlv2P4.jpg

But just that second, we suddenly heard some sharp screams, shot bullets, and angry yelling from the entry. One second, a couple of people were fleeing towards us, and the next, we saw some soldiers barging into the hall.

"There he is! The high prince of Hoshido! Get him!!", one of the soldiers said.

1hQIZue.jpg

"Portugese soldiers? What is the meaning of this?!", Joseph exclaimed.
There was also the previously hare-brained albino who yelled, "Ignore those party poopers, soldiers. Capture Prince Ryoma! Do it now!!"
"What the... Unhand me!", Ryoma yelled, as some of the soldiers handcuffed him and took him off.

Joseph and Xander then came up to Izana. "As the State Under Secretary of Nohr, I demand you to stop this at once!", Joseph insisted.
Then Lucina came up and yelled, "What are you playing at, Izana!? I thought we weren't supposed to conduct battle here!"
"Heh heh, that's the best part. I...am not Izana," the albino replied.
"What?!", all five of us exclaimed.

Before we knew it, "Izana" took off his disguises, revealing a Portugese military officer! "I am Zola!", he declared.
"Zola?!", we reactively exclaimed.
"Phew! It feels SO GOOD to finally be myself again! It was hard pretending to be that twit of a governor with Prime Minister Salazar and the Hoshidan royals around."

IiOkY5M.jpg

"Where is the real colonial governor? What have you done with him?!", Xander yelled.
"Eeheehee," Zola snickered. "I'm afraid he and his ridiculous hair have been locked away a long while. He'll no doubt enjoy the company of Prince Ryoma in that ungodly cell. Oh! Let's not forget the other Hoshidan royals. Sweet death awaits all of them! I wonder if the littlest one will c-c-cry when her time comes... "
" Do you dare violating diplomatic protocol?", Joseph protested.
"Do you really mean to kill them? Even the youngest ones?!", Chrom yelled.
"But of course! The Hoshidans would be enraged about this!", Zola declared. "When I heard the Hoshidan royals were attending a diplomacy banquet in Macau... I used deception and demagogue to overthrow the colonial governor. Genius, no? Then it was only a matter of time until the Hoshidans crawled into my web, hyo-ho."
"No, I won't allow this violation, and I won't allow our country's name to be sullied by this!!", Joseph yelled.
"And all I have to do is to blame it on you guys. If you'll excuse me, I have some very important death sentencing to do."
"Wait, Zola! Come back here! ZOLA!!", Xander roared as he chased Zola from the great hall. Lucina, Chrom, and I followed him, dodging the bewildered guests and hotel staff to keep up. While the Hoshidans are our enemies, we still have international protocol to follow.

5R3pOoz.jpg

This kidnapping affair needed to be dealt with quickly, as our country's reputation has started to be on the line in the past year. From last I heard, the neo-Confederate uprisings, and the erratic behaviour of the Pentagon (which was later revealed to be Iago's doing) has festered distrust between us and other countries. In fact, some of the Valmese are outright refusing to surrender due to fears of deceptive brutality. We cannot have similar suspicions ruin our national prestige and hamper our offensive on the Pacific Theatre.

And thus, in the name of diplomatic conventions and international law, to arms, boys and girls!

Edited by henrymidfields

So after some more research, I appear to have been wrong about Portugal. My bad. In any case, wouldn't Lucina be an analogue for Princess Elizabeth? She was actually part of the Auxillary Supply Corps, so it would make sense.

So after some more research, I appear to have been wrong about Portugal. My bad. In any case, wouldn't Lucina be an analogue for Princess Elizabeth? She was actually part of the Auxillary Supply Corps, so it would make sense.

I actually kind of prefer to have Lucina as her own character. She could be part of the Royal Family, yes, but I'd rather have her on the front lines like the rest of my Conquest crew. Something just screams "awesome" when the authorities are doing the ass-kicking together with the subordinates.

I notice that you seem to be copying the in-game lines from a script. I've noticed one or two times where the text says "Avatar" or "his/her" or "brother/sister". You might want to fix that.

Looks like I've got too excited in uploading last night. Time for some proofreading.

Now that I think about it, Izana, and his eventual recruitment (?) could've fit instead as those countries that joined the war by the time VoE was already a given. But I can't think of anyone of those that could've made a good Izumo counterpart, or narrative sensical. In Asia the only one left to declare war was Mongolia, and it was by the time of the atomic bomb drops anyway. Unless instead it was a place that remained neutral, like Tibet. But I suppose as governor of Macau it works as well.

By the way, how to you plan to deal with the Wind Tribe? I could suggest perhaps them being Manchukuo, or Mengjiang. Not unlike the Soviet Invasion of Manchuria... or maybe instead, who knows...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Iwo Jima sounds like a bit of a big detour, if Ch22 is Korea and Ch20 is Manchuria. If both are kept, then the Eternal Staircase could be one of the several mountain passes that are found in Korea instead.

Instead of following actual WWII history, from here on, I will do an alternate history. How about this?

Chapter 20 would be Manchuria.

Chapter 21 would be the mountain ranges of North Korea.

Chapter 22 would be Seoul

Chapter 23 would be Pusan or Fukuoka

Chapter 24-25 would be two of the following: Osaka, Kyoto-Gosho, and/or the Tokyo Imperial Palace.

Chapter 26-27 would be a secondary front of the Business Plot, and Iago's/Garon's betrayal and his attempt in seizing the GHQ Headquarters at the Dai-ichi Insurance Building in Downtown Tokyo/Tokyo CBD.

Final Chapter would be Takumi's and the Imperial Japanese Army remnant's uprising attempt.

I'd say make it Fukuoka, as having 3 chapters in Korea is a bit much. To add to the stakes, FDR could be visiting the troops to congratulate them on their victory, so Garon takes them hostage. Also, this was kind of already alternate history, as I'm pretty sure there was never a Confederate uprising during WWII.

Now that I think about it, the island hopping could stay, just have it take longer or something, which is why they're staging a second front in Manchuria, instead of the Soviets or speeding that up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Thanks guys! I might actually just go straight to Manchuria then into Korea. So my revision of the following chapters would be:

Chapter 20: Manchuria.

Chapter 21: the mountain ranges leading to Pyonyang

Chapter 22: Seoul

Chapter 23: landing at Shimonoseki (and head east from there) - if I land at Fukuoka, then I'll have to do another water travel from Kitakyushu, while if I land at Shimonoseki, then my land troops can march to Tokyo without having to cross the seas. This is of course assuming that there is no major strategic benefit in landing at Fukuoka.

Chapter 24: Kyoto-Gosho (I'm going to say that Osaka surrendered without a fight - stereotypically, Osaka people are considered to be less enthusiastic about authority.)

Chapter 25: Downtown Tokyo and either the Imperial Palace, the National Diet, or the Prime Minister's residence

Chapter 26-27: Garon/Iago kidnapping the visiting President, and locking themselves inside the GHQ Headquarters

Final Chapter: Takumi and the Imperial Japanese Army remnant's uprising attempt - and I need to defeat them before they can storm the Imperial Palace and stop the Emperor's surrender broadcast.

Edited by henrymidfields

So wait, who exactly are the Hoshidan royals? I had assumed they were part of the Imperial a Family, but that makes them stopping the Emperor kind of wierd. Incidentally, I'd say Ryoma as the PM makes the most sense.

@blah the Prussian: By the End Chapter, the other siblings are either dead or had given up in their resistance. Which leaves Takumi as the only person hell-bent on stopping the surrender message being broadcast - because you know just how single-minded jerkass Takumi is in his anti-Nohrian beliefs are. And because of this, he have a lot of ferverent followers from the Army. Basically think of it as the Kyujo Incident before the Gyokuon-hoso, except that a) the resisters are even more hell-bent on resisting occupation, and b) the Nohrians are actually here to stop the resistance.

And yes, the Hoshidan Royals are all part of the Imperial Family. As I still want Tojo and Konoe to appear as themselves, I'll have Ryoma appear as one of the ministers.

One thing that needs more immediate attention, everyone. What should I do with the Beast tribe?! I can't think of an answer!

Edited by henrymidfields

One thing that needs more immediate attention, everyone. What should I do with the Beast tribe?! I can't think of an answer!

Well you can't really modernize them unless you depict them as, say, genetic experiments gone rogue or something. But you've already introduced Keaton and haven't talked about that... maybe you could have him bring it up when they get there?

Edited by Alastor15243

Well you can't really modernize them unless you depict them as, say, genetic experiments gone rogue or something. But you've already introduced Keaton and haven't talked about that... maybe you could have him bring it up when they get there?

Or the Kitsune are a clan of Tokugawa era ronin who attack because they don't know anything about what Hisashi is talking about. Also, their text should be in kanji.