Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - WW2 Pacific Theatre Edition! Endgame Intro uploaded!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work! Thanks for removing all of those strikethroughs, I can enjoy it so much more now!

Yeah, sorry that I made it hard to read. Do you reckon I should edit the previous entries too for legibility?

Oh good, this got updated again. Nice. Too bad I didn't noticed earlier. lol

Hopefully, I can now update more regularly - not least because I've got Pokémon Sun and Moon coming up. Edited by henrymidfields

Yeah, sorry that I made it hard to read. Do you reckon I should edit the previous entries too for legibility?

It's not a question of legibility so much as quickly getting old and a little bit tedious. But honestly I'm the only one who's complained, so unless others agree I don't know if it's worth the effort of fixing the older ones.

Anyway, glad to see the series back!

Chapter 13: Neo-Confederates and Fascist Huns and D***s (Rebellion)

Takumi again!? And teaming up with White Supremacists?!

Spoiler

So, after Elise has recovered from cholera, we sailed back home to the good ol United States of Nohr, our becon of democracy to the world. We were expecting a bit of downtime with friends, families and the like. Unfortunately, this was not to be with the race problems back home.

Kf2J3MD.jpg

Unacceptable. Utterly unacceptable. Our country have so many race problems as they are. We do not need another bunch of renegades proclaiming white supremacy like those D***s facists and the Nazi Huns. While I initially had some reservations (being ethnically Hoshidan) in potentially further inflaming the situation, there was not much choice.

LOeUS00.jpg

Xander and Leo are busy with helping out George with his operations over in Europe, and most of our troops are busy elsewhere. We had to go and surpress the rebellion and drive those fascists out of our homeland.

17cDSez.jpg

Kindly enough, the President arranged a meeting of Azura with her long lost father. Only for our father to dryly suggest to her to go with me and see around the countryside.

ldM0tox.jpg

GAp606b.jpg

vMWoTxM.jpg

Frankly speaking (pun intended), we were quite baffled by my father's cold behaviour. Now that the whole war is over and that I can write this, this was when our President started to show suspicion against my father too...

8cwxNjK.jpg

An unlikely help came from yet another defector from decadence! It was by the name of Hans who was initially sent into the country as a spy. It seems however, he has started to become brainwashed by our gallant ways of democracy! While Elise, Camilla, and Frank the president all had their reservations, I decided to have Hans enlisted.

mG2bDOB.jpg

Okay Johnny, thats what well call you. But we've known you as Hans for a long time, so bear with us, mkay? So, we shall go down to the hotspot of the neo-Confederates rebels in South Carolina.

OMUoaVe.jpg

It was late at night when we arrived at the outskirts of Columbia, the state capital of South Carolina. It seems to be very quiet at this time of the night. Or that is what Elise, Camilla, Hans Johnny and I thought, until...

vNrgbbv.jpg

SPLAOW!! "Ugh Ive been shot!" A sudden shot of pain ran through my chest like a double-trailer truck. Overwhelmed with such sensation, I staggered and collapsed to the ground.

"Hisashi! Are you okay!?" Elise screamed.

"Just...give me a minute to sit down... Huh???"

2kY4Q9Q.jpg

Chmc4rA.jpg

If I wanted to know who was the punk foolhardy enough to attack us Nohrians, it was no other than Takumi. But hang on. What is a J**...no, Hoshidon't doing in a white supremacist stronghold of all places? It did not make sense then, and even now when I am writing this story, it still doesn't. But then again, neither did the whole Berlin-Rome-Tokyo Axis thing either...

tyffDgV.jpg

Before I knew it, I saw a woman rebel confronting us. Her name was Scarlet, head of the Confedracy Revolution Group of South Carolina.

9nixBxT.jpg

"...and thus an enemy of our enemy is our friend. They may be yellow monkeys, but theyre good yellow monkeys. Not like Marxist Mongrels like you are."

6DMGkLs.jpg

Sooner or later we saw more troops come out. Some seemed to be infiltrating Nazi Huns with their swakistas while others were Fascist D***s. I only had one response to this... To arms, our boys and girls!

Down with the Confederates: Part 1

Spoiler

benP5dA.jpg

We started from the West Columbia side of the Congaree River. I moved all my units to the right (south) side to engage the magic bazooka infantries (diviners) while Beruka stayed behind to engage the Sikorsky helicopter battalions (Wyvern Knights) coming in from the bottom of the map (east). Odin would bait the three magic infantries, while Elise attracted the three others including Orochi. Meanwhile, the Heavy Tanks (armored knights) would close in from the left (north).

gj5B5qe.jpg

For the second turn, Effie and Kaze would defeat one of the diviners, with 18 and 30 point damage against the enemys 23HP.

gXzXdD7.jpg

TZZRq19.jpg

Then Niles would move in for the kill against Orochi, as he was one of the few units that could withstand Orochi's powerful magic bazooka (tome). Odin then finished the job with the last remaining magic infantry. On the enemy phase, the helicopters started gunning on Beruka and...

RWmGi4J.jpg

...wait, who's there? Friend or foe?

Ib5u175.jpg

5lWTUKb.jpg

We have some further help! Theyre Charlotte and Benny, the deployed state troopers from North Carolina! Hooray!

vLZylR0.jpg

azHZ4iq.jpg

As soon as Charlotte found out that I am one of the high-ranking officials, she...has become a lot sweeter in tone, to say the least. Umm, you know I'm now married to my sweetheart pilot, Beruka right? (This was 2-3 Chapters ago when I S-supported Beruka.)

Speaking of my wife, she shot down one of the helicopters, while Arthur and I took out one of the heavy tanks. Together with Serena, we held our positions to halt the northern enemy forces while everyone crosses the Blosson St Bridge into downtown Columbia.

QuM19VB.jpg

While this, I had a close call with one of the heavy tanks backed by the helicopter. (Dont tell me how the helicopter carried the tank.)

jmrejf8.jpg

By around turn 5 we took out all of the tanks and helicopters while everyone was on standby on the eastern (bottom) end of the Blossom St Bridge. Seriously, an aircraft that has anti-air capabilities??? That sound so unfair! Yeah, Im talking about you, Reina. I cant send in my wife and her fighter jet in to kill you.

s7oYS32.jpg

Effie then baited in Reinas battalion which was a good thing, as some of the weapons they had were specifically against Light Tanks (Cavaliers) and Medic Trucks (Toubadours).

b2FdtxE.jpg

Meanwhile, we received word that a group of people started looting around the city. So we needed to neutralise our more immediate threat fast.

yPfsRuF.jpg

WCO9Tyi.jpg

Thankfully, Odin and Niles would finish the job for us, while we manoeuvre towards downtown Columbus in the centre.

Down with the Confederates Part 2

Spoiler

1MiaMhI.jpg

After defeating Reina, we mopped up the rest of the enemy Light Tanks without too much trouble and moved into downtown, while Beruka and her team of MPs started issuing and enforcing curfews. We then started to approach Takumi, with Effie taking her position once again. The 3% crit shown by the sniper didnt look too good.

fEcIArO.jpg

Thankfully, the critical did not kick in. Kaze then attacked and weakened Takumi with stat drops, and also managed to take off half of Takumis HP.

FOnet7C.jpg

Then Arthur (with myself assisting) attempts to get a hand on Takumi with his rifle skills, but unfortunately missed.

hf6EYkH.jpg

It was up to Selena the digger infantry (with Effie and her heavy tank division's assistance) to finally take Takumi out.

7Y0i7LJ.jpg

(Above showing our locations after defeating Takumi)

ELT0UrN.jpg

Meanwhile, Elise has been busy tending to the injured and have accumulated enough EXP to upgrade her medic truck to one which has offensive capabilities! Now her truck has a magic gun turret on top! She can now defend herself!

0KukfgW.jpg

On a less happy note, the remaining two Armour tanks decided to attack-stance Kaze, resulting in his withdrawal from battle. Unfortunately, due to his injury's severity, we will have to modify his role onto a more desk-oriented one. Well done, 戦友(senyu; comrade). (The real reason was because I was a fair way into the chapter, and because of how much slower the Miiverse was in recording screenshots than it already is, I decided that it was not worth starting over. It took me nearly two hours to get to here.)

gKUIfQ0.jpg

Anyway, Beruka was still busy enforcing our curfew. As for the rest of us, we regrouped, moved down east into East Columbus, and started to bait Scarlet. While Beruka started engaging one of the armed helicopters, Selena, Arthur, and I armed ourselves with bazookas, while Odin had his magic bazooka turret ready to take down Scarlet herself.

XgdHnrg.jpg

So Odin (with Selena's assistance) would successfully hit Scarlet, taking off 19HP...

oKeTARw.jpg

RxqeUqO.jpg

...while Arthur and I finished off the job. We cheered when the helicopter went down in flames! The remaining Confederates, Nazis, and Dagos all degenerated into a rout! Our democracy prevails!

itPOLqU.jpg

Final turn count: 16 turns

Executing the White Supremacists

Spoiler

6lwFjD1.jpg

And we succeeded quelling the rebellion against our Nohrian democracy! As soon as troops started rounding up the surviving rebels, I had a stand-off against Takumi. Oh my, is he having an even bigger bone to pick with me.

「この非国民!この白い鬼畜どもめ!これ以上貴様の思い通りにはさせん!覚えてろよ・・・。」(You traitor! You light-pale devils! I aint letting you get away with this!! Just you wait...)

Oh well. No matter. This is what happens to you when you get brainwashed by Hideki the Dictator. Anyway we decided to call it for the night, as Charlotte the North Carolinian state trooper desperately wanted some beauty sleep...whats this? What...on earth is HansJohnny doing? When I had a look in the general direction to where Hans was...oh my goodness this doesnt look good.

2BTLC4Q.jpg

I quickly darted over to what seemed to be the lynching grounds. I had a fit of panic, as I needed to enforce the no-unnecessary-kills policy.

gtcJS4m.jpg

"Hans! Stop! What are you...wait, hang on... Those aren't normal civilians." Before I knew it, the people being captured and lynched turned out to be those Nazi Huns and Fascist D***s. Heh.

XygR75Y.jpg

A civilian got mixed into it, but HansJohnny dragged the poor chap from the circle and shoved him out.

TpBkjIm.jpg

"Hey, you're unter a curfew! Bach to your haus! Before I change mein mind!"

pstLn2K.jpg

"Hans! Easy there..."
"Ah, kommander. Are these all ze Nazis und Fascist monkeys we should execute?"
"Just one question before that. You don't have any civilians mixed up in this group do you?"
"Nein. All wearing swakistas and fascio symbols. Also three conspicuous looking Dagos too."
"Three conspicuous looking Dagos?"

fXvLX1l.jpg

As it turned out, there were two annoying Dago plumbers with their even more annoying Dago bimbo bitch from Smash Brothers. I had so much fun being clobbered by them in Smash Bros...NOT! Especially not when that bitch is such a retarded dumbass bitch as to get kidnapped by a giant turtle every single time - and yet somehow kick my and Lucina's ass. I do not know how they managed to stumble across my universe, but no matter. It was my turn to get my revenge.

D1gaRo7.jpg

"Hans, do whatever you see fit with all of those Huns and Dagos. I shall give you full permission."
"Ja!! Vith pleasure!!!"

myWiwWK.jpg

It was gruesome.

sVEDEOJ.jpg

It was despicable.

(Image Censored: Princess Peach being lynched by the Nohrian soldiers.)

It was exactly what I wanted done.

MTZ5jvl.jpg

It was exhilarating to give those fascists their just desserts.

Cm8ukFB.jpg

Even better, the three annoying characters will not be returning to the Smashverse any time soon. Their corpses mutilated, and that annoying bitch r***ed by Johnny. It was the best thing I had seen in a while...though as I find out later, Elise, Silas and Camilla (and as it turned out, our President too) vehemently disagreed with this...

Stats upon completion

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian President Candidate Prince, Lv 17, HP 34
15, 2 , 15, 17, 11, 12, 9 Sword C, Dragonstone D
Extra skills: Underdog, Heartseeker, Vantage

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 20, HP 26
9, 16, 22, 19, 26, 11, 22 Dagger B, Staff C
Extra skills: Strong Riposte, Tomebreaker

Elise Medic Truck Strategist, Lv 1, HP 25
3, 26, 12, 19, 25, 8, 25 Tome E, Staff B

Silas Light Tank Cavalier, Lv 18, HP 32
20, 1, 16, 18, 13, 19, 9 Lance C, Sword D

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 17, HP 36
22, 0, 16, 12, 10, 18, 6 Axe B

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 16, HP 29
22, 0, 13, 11, 17, 21, 5 Lance C

Odin Magical Gun Jeep Mage, Lv 15, HP 24
10, 12, 18, 14, 18, 13, 9 Tome C

Niles Sniper Spy Outlaw, Lv 17, HP 23
15, 9, 13, 24, 10, 13, 19 Bow C

Mozu Sniper Spy Archer, Lv 17, HP 21
20, 2, 21, 18, 12, 14, 8 Bows C

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 22, HP 20
18, 6, 21, 24, 23, 8, 13 Lance D

Beruka Fighter Plane Wyvern Knight, Lv 18, HP 28
19, 2, 17, 12, 13, 19, 10 Axe B

Selena Royal Australian Digger Ylissan Mercenary, Lv 18, HP 30
14, 3, 13, 2, 12, 13, 9 Sword C

Camilla B29 Bomber (Atomic Bomb) Malig Knight, Lv 3, HP 30
22, 13, 17, 21, 12, 18, 17 Axe C, Tome D

Kaze Anti-facist Counter-propaganda and Japanese translation officer
Retired from active combat due to severe injury.

Edited by henrymidfields

Um...

I'm really nervous to assume, but... what exactly are you implying happened to Peach there?

Because it looks... uh... how shall I say this...

Pretty dark?

Now don't you worry about it. The department of disciplinary affairs would take care of that...hehehehe :evil:

Chapter 14: Commotion at Carnegie Hall (Voice of Paradise)

New York, New York!

Spoiler

Our proud democracy of Nohr has seen the Neo-Confederates destroyed, the Huns and Dagos executed, and my archenemies from Smash Brothers all tortured and murdered. We proudly travelled back to the Windmire district of Washington DC to report to General Doug MacArthur, George Marshall, and to my brother Leo. Happy at our achievements, we were given free tickets to attend the New York Philharmonic Orchestra at Carnegie Hall! Being a music afficionado enthusiast, I gladly took the tickets and no sooner were we on the train to New York!

Suggested listening track: Duke Ellington, A Tone Parallel to Harlem From 3:48-; alternately Take the A Train

No sooner have we arrived in New York that we took in the lights and the excitement of Nohr's greatest metropolis. Through the grand halls of Central Stations and through the canyon-like streets of the skyscrapers, we marvelled at every sight we could see. If Rosanne had Paris, and Ylisse had London to showcase their finenest moments during the turn of the century, then we certainly can showcase New York City as one of our greatest marvels of our era. Anyway, we made a brief stop at one of the five-star hotels in the city to have an early supper before we made our way to Carnegie Hall.

xQYFtBL.jpg

WB3nBxr.jpg

raAWPiT.jpg

On our way, we caught up with Leo, our smart strategist brother.

AzwIgN9.jpg

Father, the President, and his assembly were waiting for us inside. It looks like they are in a heated argument for some reason.
"Hmph, clearly you do not know how our conquest of Hoshido and the Ylissean continent is to be conducted. With fear installed, and with any small signs of rebellion eradicated."
"Such has been done before, and as you can see in past wars, they sow seeds for future discontent. We can no longer do this anymore."
"I concur with the President. We shall continue this investigation. If there is enough evidence of violation against the Geneva Convention, then your son shall expect court martial."

The men dispersed and I took the oppourtunity to take Father in.

5NQ3dnt.jpg

"What is going on, Father?"
"Ah, my child. So youre back from eradicating the neo-Confederates."
"Indeed."
"Well, I would like to say congratulations...but Ill have to ask you to lay low for a while."
"Huh?"

Father yanked me into behind one of the back rooms of the theatre. He called Elise, Camilla, and Leo into the back room.
"Listen well. Our president is not happy with your conduct in the surpression." He sure had a slow, stern voice that I haven't heard in ages. It sure looks like we'll be in big, big trouble...

TIZ37mW.jpg

"What do you mean?! We surpressed the rebellion, fair and square!"
I on the other hand, couldn't think. I could only react to what my father said.
"Is it true that you slaughtered all of the Huns and Dagos - and in addition - three unidentified people?"
"It is true, Father. Elise and I saw them with our own eyes. The three were completely defenceless...I couldn't sleep well at all after this. I've never realised just how Hisashi could be such a monster...Ugh, sorry, I'm starting to feel sick about this again."

It was Camilla's voice, and she sure had a curt tone to it. By the time I turned around, she had the door with Elise besides her. They were glaring at me for a second or two, before exiting. I wonder whether they snitched on us. Ouch, I am going to be in so much trouble.

gbIcX2l.jpg

Suddenly Leo spoke up. "Well, I don't know what Camilla's talking about, but those three were part of the Dago army, and Lucina and I have documents to prove so."
His frown loosened as he had a look at the documents. His mouth turned into a smile by the time he handed the documents back to Leo.
"Well, in that case, well done, my child! Clearly, there must have been some miscommunication between the administrations."
Father then turned to me and said, "Don't worry, Hisashi. We've got your back. I'll have to run a couple of things with the president right now, but I'll pass on those documents over. As for you two, just go and take your seats." He said this as he left the room.

For a second there, I stared at Leo, while he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Frankly speaking, I would have liked to get rid of that stupid bitch myself for you, after all that humiliation in the Smash tournament. Lucina apparently agrees."
"Heh, looks like neither you nor Lucy will have to do that dirty work anymore," I replied. It's always a relief having Leo on my side. "Anyway, what are we to do?"
"Ive forged some documents with Niles with false combatant IDs for Mario Mario, Luigi Mario, and Peach. As you just saw, they are in fathers hands now. I also bribed a couple of my own friends to write up some fake reports. Soon, we will be able to fool the goverment and keep them off your ass. And Johnny's."
"Sweet!"
"But keep this between you and me. Understand? I don't want our sisters kicking up a stink again. Or even worse, Xander reading the proverbial Riot Act to us."
"Of course."

Leo then winked at me. I winked back, heh.
"Now, lets go and enjoy our night," he suggested.

We sure enjoyed listening to the opera gala of the best arias of Europe's finest musicians. From Mozart's Marriage of Figaro to Verdi's La Traviata all of the singers moved our hearts and stirred our minds. Some were light-hearted, some refined, and some others were dark and dramatic, but none bored us. The crowd sure seemed to have a good time.An encore was eventually called for one of the singers, which came out in a navy blue dress with white veils. I had a look at the program, and...neither her name, nor her portrait were in any of the pages. It was puzzling to say the least. The song too, was quite strange - the percussion rhythm is quite otherworldly - something we have never heard before. Here is the historical footage below:

Spoiler

0YpE7ZD.jpg

Our faces turned to our father, in horror. Clearly, there must have been some curse in the song that was just sung!

PcCgrmG.jpg

Iago, the New York state troopers and all of us lept from our seats to head for the stage. We could hear angry yelling amongst the state troopers, which shocked and puzzled the crowd. Some were loitering and talking to others, while others stayed seated.

LV4fH5Q.jpg

Before we could get to the back stage to find the cursing singer responsible, some of the "concert-goers" have started shooting on us. We reacted to this ambush by taking cover behind the seats, attempting to find our way to each other to group and take our positions. It did not help that the whole theatre broke into a bigger panic with myself nearly being trampled by the other attendants fleeing the hall for their lives.

3iW9J4D.jpg

Before we knew it, I could hear yells in the Hoshidan language. It is clear that those "attendants" were no ordinary ones; they were Hoshidan spies! I only had one response to this: To arms, boys and girls!

Battle of Carnegie Theatre

Spoiler

6IqTIKd.jpg

Because of some of the Hoshidan riflemen wearing jetpacks (shown as Sky Knights), we had to split our team to deal with those people. I also spotted a lone soldier at the back of the stage, who seemed lost. (From the badge and the uniform, he certainly was a friend - just an unfamiliar face.) So Leo, Felicia, Silas, and Beruka would stay put around the upper middle rows (Group A), while Arthur, Mozu, and Niles would take the lower middle rows to deal with the jetpack infantries (Group B). Camilla and I headed towards the back row to secure our disoriented ally (Group C), while everyone else not already mentioned would head for the stage to take down the snipers (archers) and heavy rifle infantries (oni warriors).

vxVRYp3.jpg

sIMWV0i.jpg

Before I knew it, our new ally Keaton got cut off from the rest of his group amidst the commotion. He, however, affirmed our request to help take down the Hoshidan spies, and I saw that this was very good.

By Turn 3, the enemy units tried to divide our different groups...only to be crushed under our superior units. One jetpack rifleman even tried to take on Odin, but was no match against Odin's magic bazooka (magic tome). The engagement left Odin with 17/24HP, while the jetpack Hoshidan only had 5/25HP.

dCbS7X6.jpg

He then would taste the firepower (axe) of justice from Arthur.

s0k0QgM.jpg

As soon as we took out the remaining units on the right side of the seatings, we advanced up onto the messy stage scattered with chairs, music stands, and a couple of expensive instruments. While the heavy rifle infantries looked intimidating, Selena the tsundere digger provoked them in coming after her. (Hey, you bloody wankas! You wanna piece of my arse?!)

tFcXBce.jpg

Then Selena and Keaton defence-stanced together, against the two other riflemen (Oni warriors). Keato (as Selena called him) would tear apart one of the riflemen, while my wife (Beruka; or Rukey as Selena called her) picked off and incapacitated the other (with support fire from Keato; see above image). But not without Selena yelling at the enemy riflemen with the following words: Piss off back to Hoshidon't, you bloody wanka! Boy does she sure have a foul mouth. (Hey, pull yer 'ead in, you...uh, supreme commanda!)

When that was done, Effie and Niles approached the snipers at the edge of the stage. As soon as the enemy snipers realised us, Selena and Keaton rushed to the former twos aid, and made quick work on them.

By Turn 12, we have secured the right side of the ground floor seatings and the stage. Now we had to secure the left side. Unfortunately, it looks like there are two enemy priests wielding Silence and Freeze. So while I had Odin, Leo, and Camilla bait the Silence-wielder, my best friend Silas and I tried to get the attention of the two snipers. (I utterly do not know how to translate the priests into modern military units equivalent.)

EYEjHEn.jpg

While the baiting did work, we realised that this was a trap, as a reinforcement of jetpack riflemen came in barraging from the two sides of the theatre. (They were sky knights from the right, and a paired-up sky/kinshi knights from the left.) Still that failed to faze us. As soon as the jetpack riflemen approached Keaton the state trooper werewolf, we saw their horrified faces when Keaton showed his true form. He then tore the enemies jetpacks in half, and pummelled the enemy riflemen to the ground. (See image below.) As for the snipers Silas and I provoked? Yeah, we made quick work of them too.

EYEjHEn.jpg

So that left us with the woman in the golden jetpack (Kinshi Knight) that landed on the stage to engage us. I decided to toy around with the golden jetpack with Niles attacking her with his cupid rifle (Cupid Arrows), then Silas with his Javelin-Mk 1, and finish off with Selena and her bronze rifle (Bronze Sword), but by then, the defense gauge had already filled up, so I had Mozu snipe the golden-jetpack-girl. In a similar fashion, I gradually wore off the regular-jetpack-rifleman with Selena, Niles, and myself (with my Dragonstone), and Keaton finished off the jetpack-rifleman.

We then inched up closer to the other Preist to wear her Freeze staff off, while Selena and Niles provoked, and drew off the three enemy heavy riflemen (Oni Warriors). The latter two made quick work of the first two riflemen, while Odin finished off the third.

Pthye2O.jpg

SELENA CAN DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!

siQpnUR.jpg

Congratulations Selena. Now that you have shown exemplary skill in battle (reached Lv 20), it is time for your promotion! Given that I already have Mozu and Niles as the bow-wielders, and that I will use Xander later as mounted, I promoted Selena to Hero.

CfOXfzx.jpg

I finally reached the end of the seats where Kumagera and his underlings were holding out. Now that the worst is over, I decided to play a little game with some of my troops to gain some levels. ("Boooooooo!" "You cheeeeaaaterrrrr!" from the audience ensues.) Effie and Silas did some dodging practice from Kumagera's archers, while Felicia did some staff abuse to get herself to Lv 23. After that was done, Effie and Beruka took down the two archers. Upon Effie levelling up to Lv 18 as a result:

aiCmcQ1.jpg

EFFIE CAN DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!

mAV7PpL.jpg

Further to this, I decided to toy with Kumagera, and conduct some boss abuse to further allow promotion of a couple of units already close to Level 20. Niles, armed with a Cupid rifle (bow) would inflict 4 damage total to Kumagera. (See above) From the cupid effect, Kumagera will regain 7 HP for every round of cupid attack. This made it a particularly attractive way of boss abusing Kumagera. Furthermore, as long as one inflicts some form of damage, the defending partner also gains EXP when the dual gauge activates the defense support. As such, I ran a series of rounds with Niles & Beruka (support) vs Kumagera. As Beruka was already in Lv 19 at this chapters start, it was only a matter of time before she reaches Level 20.

mFopkOe.jpg

Upon hitting the cap level, I decided to buy a better fighter jet for my wife as a gift for her job promotion. (Game terms: I promoted her to Wyvern Lord.)

Then I switched Beruka's role with Keaton. During further rounds, Niles eventually hit the cap level as well...

8aXtcS0.jpg

NILES CAN DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!! As I dont have any promotion seals at the moment, his promotion will have to wait.

I decided to continue onwards with the boss abuse, as I wanted to raise another level for Keaton. I also sent in other units for melee attacks against Kumagera. This resulted in Silas and Arthur gaining another level, as well as myself nearly hitting the level cap. In my case, I used the dragonstone to intentionally avoid follow-ups. Unfortunately, I ended up accidentally killing Kumagera when I skipped the battle animation; it seemed that both my Dragon Fang and my critical activated. So I ended up at Lv 19 Exp 99. Oh well.

wjVKHtC.jpg

Final turn count: 112 turns

Ensuing panic, lynchings, and riot

Spoiler

xmbq7KV.jpg

So we managed to round up the Hoshidan spies and hand them over to the FBI, though the cursing singer got away.

j4yyP6N.jpg

We thought our job was pretty much over when our Father gave us a new objective:

kA5sFfV.jpg

Indeed, we are to lynch all of the singers involved in the performance tonight. Clearly some agitated citizens of ours have already started to do so, overpowering some of the theatre staff and barging into the back rooms, armed with pistols, clubs, and anything else they can get a hand on.

I tried to reason with him that unlike with the neo-Confederates, most of the singers in this case were innocent. But it was all in vain. Iago and his New York state troopers also dashed into the back rooms like a tidal wave. I needed to do something before this gets out of hand. Way out of hand. Desparate, I turned to a couple of National Guard troops for reinfocement.

"When would the National Guard arrive to quell the riot?"
"Ugh, Not for another couple of hours. We need to do something quick!"

Yikes. I cant have innocent blood on my hands. Just as the whole theatre was in a state or riot, so was the mind inside me.

Vx6LyOh.jpg

I7nTNsa.jpg

"In that case, we'll find them first, and hand them over to the FBI for protection," Leo said.
"And if they find them before we do?"
"I'll insist that I lynch them myself."
"All right, but we better hurry."

We managed to save some of the musicians from the lynching mob. There were also some others that fled themselves, or found and secured by the FBI/National Guard first. However, with the concertgoers, State Troopers, and my father joining the rampage, and the late arrival of the National Guard, of course there were those that ended up being lynched to death. Some of the rampaging people were arrested by the National Guard, but many have already escaped the neighbourhood. 5 singers and 2 orchestra members, and 10 other people were killed, and over 50 civilians and 100 National Guard soldiers were injured; the latter mostly due to the lynching mob (which includes the state troopers) striking back against what they saw as obstruction of their own justice administration. Furthermore, over 70 state troopers and 30 civilians were arrested by the National Guard and the New York City Police. The whole concert ended up a disaster... At least the authorities are now more focusing on this fiasco than the neo-Confederate campaign.

One final note: Leo and I continued surveying the damage throughout the night. All of a sudden, Leo's Brynhildr bazooka (tome) glowed in a blue light.

rAPhbLO.jpg

I explained to him the Rainbow Sage's prophecy of the Brynhildr and the Yato, and how my Yato rifle would become the Fire Emblem... Before I could finish, my Yato started glowing in a purple light! It has resonated with the Brynhildr and mega-evolvedtransformed into Mega-Yato Grim Yato!

5aQsw0b.jpg

This was the further confirmation that I would be the key to winning this great war against Hoshido! And we, who shall boast in our moral superiority of our Nohrian democracy, shall be the beacon of light over the Pacific!

Stats upon completion

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian President Candidate Prince, Lv 19, HP 35
16, 2, 15, 18, 13, 12, 8 Sword C, Dragonstone C
Extra skills: Aptitude, Heartseeker, Vantage

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 23, HP 27
9, 18, 23, 21, 28, 13, 24 Dagger B, Staff B

Elise Medic Truck Strategist, Lv 2, HP 25
3, 27, 13, 20, 26, 8, 28 Tome E, Staff B

Silas Light Tank Cavalier, Lv 19, HP 33
21, 2, 16, 18, 14, 19, 10 Lance C, Sword D
Extra skills: Duelists Blow, Sol

Arthur A true American Rifleman Fighter, Lv 18, HP 36
23, 0, 17, 13, 10, 19, 6 Axe B

Effie Heavy Tank (Armor) Knight, Lv 18, HP 30
24, 0, 14, 12, 19, 20, 6 Lance C

Odin Magical Gun Jeep Mage, Lv 17, HP 24

Niles Sniper Spy Outlaw, Lv 20, HP 24
16, 10, 15, 26, 12, 16, 22 Bow C

Mozu Sniper Spy Archer, Lv 18, HP 22
21, 3, 22, 19, 12, 14, 8 Bows C

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 23, HP 21
18, 7, 22, 25, 24, 8, 14 Lance D
Extra skills: Aptitude, Profiteer

Beruka Fighter Plane Wyvern Lord, Lv 1, HP 31
22, 2, 23, 14, 15, 23, 11 Axe B

Selena Royal Aussie Battler Ylissan Hero, Lv 1, HP 34
19, 3, 17, 23, 14, 18, 10 Sword B, Axe E

Leo Magical Light Tank Dark Knight, Lv 2, HP 34
14, 20, 14, 15, 15, 16, 20 Sword D, Tome C

Retired from active combat due to injury.

Edited by henrymidfields

As for the monks and shrine maidens with staves, you could have them be mortar launchers.

Silence is EMP mortars that hinder your magical equipment,

Freeze is a stun mortar,

Enfeeble could be some kind of gas mortar,

Hexing rod could be... some other kind of gas mortar.

As for the monks and shrine maidens with staves, you could have them be mortar launchers.

Silence is EMP mortars that hinder your magical equipment,

Freeze is a stun mortar,

Enfeeble could be some kind of gas mortar,

Hexing rod could be... some other kind of gas mortar.

Ah, that's a good one. Thanks Alastor. By the way how is your LP going? I've just went through the entire 1st page.

So, uh, I'm going to assume Hisashi was channeling General Sherman and leave it at that.

Exactly! As honest Abe once said, a house divided cannot stand on it's own! Any rebellion within this precious Union of ours must be crushed to the soil!

On a more serious note to all past and present posters here (including @Eggclipse, @Acacia Sgt, and @Hylian Air Force): Shall I do Ignatius's and Percy's Paralogue now? (Just for the EXP - I'm not going to write paralogues into the story.) I have all the units I want to use except Xander, and I have myself just 1 exp short of Level 20.

Edited by henrymidfields

Ah, that's a good one. Thanks Alastor. By the way how is your LP going? I've just went through the entire 1st page.

It's going great, actually. I'm starting out Revelation. I can't say much more because things get kind of... crazy... as it goes on, and I don't want to spoil if you wind up reading more. Hope you enjoy!

On a more serious note to all past and present posters here (including @Eggclipse, @Acacia Sgt, and @Hylian Air Force): Shall I do Ignatius's and Percy's Paralogue now? (Just for the EXP - I'm not going to write paralogues into the story.) I have all the units I want to use except Xander, and I have myself just 1 exp short of Level 20.

Normally I'd say wait until later so that you can have grinding opportunities in emergencies and they become worth more experience, but for those two? Percy's lets you abuse the dragon veins to shake the mercenaries down for money, which is probably easier the weaker they are, and Ignatius's becomes unbearable if you wait until the enemies promote.

Edited by Alastor15243

Yes, you should. The money from Percy's is worth as much as the EXP, and Iggy's is really difficult to do against promoted enemies. Also, I suggest you refer to Keaton as "Inglorious Basterd" because he's a hairy dude from a mountain range that fights primitively, like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds.

All right, folks. I'm going to do Iggy's Paralogue first and promote myself. As I've just promoted Niles, and there are others to promote as well, expect a small update today or tomorrow.

PS Is Velouria's paralogue also better later or earlier?

Edited by henrymidfields

All right, folks. I'm going to do Iggy's Paralogue first and promote myself. As I've just promoted Niles, and there are others to promote as well, expect a small update today or tomorrow.

PS Is Velouria's paralogue also better later or earlier?

You can do that whenever, Velouria's generally amazing and can handle herself when she shows up on the map. But if Keaton or his wife starts falling off in effectiveness and gets dropped, do it quickly, because ahead-of-the-curve parents give their kids stat bonuses and Velouria has huge potential to be great.

Intermission: Back at the Boot Camp

So, we retired to the army base just outside of the city, and started our training again. And thus two of our units have completed their training to be promoted!

The first is Niles:

Spoiler

UVXEdp4.jpg

The second? It happened to be no other than myself!

Spoiler

wlgYdwQ.jpg

Stats upon completion

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian Senator Noble, Lv 19, HP 35
18, 5, 16, 21, 13, 14, 15 Sword B, Tome D, Dragonstone B (used Armscroll)

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 24, HP 27

Niles Elite Sniper Spy Adventurer, Lv 1, HP 25
17, 15, 17, 28, 13, 17, 26 Bow B, Staves E

Mozu Sniper Spy Archer, Lv 19, HP 22
22, 3, 22, 19, 13, 15, 9 Bows C

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 24, HP 22
19, 8, 23, 26, 25, 9, 16 Lance D

14, 20, 14, 15, 15, 16, 20 Sword C, Tome B (used Armscroll)

Keaton Inglorious Bastard Wolfskin, Lv 18, HP 38
20, 0, 11, 14, 10, 19, 7 Beaststone C

Edited by henrymidfields

Chapter 15: The Bermuda Triangle (The Black Pillar)

Lost at Sea

Spoiler

The last couple of nights, the cursed song has occupied my mind. Whenever Azura sung her favourite song, it would sound similar to that cursed song at Carnegie Hall. The mysterious singer and Azura... Could they be the same person?

Lk6ifLK.jpg

uWgYiaY.jpg

But I hadn't really had the time to dwell on that. Oh well. A few days after the commotion at Carnegie Hall, we flew down to Melbourne, Florida were to do our usual rounds of aircraft training to prepare for the invasion against Hoshido. (Sorry, it's NOT the Victorian state capital, Selena!) Expecting this to be another routine training (albeit full-day) some of us assembled at the airfields on the day after, while others assembled at the docks. One by one we took off for the sunny seas and skies of Florida and started our mission. It was to be a simple travel off to the seas and back. There were no hostile units nearby - what could possible go wrong?

As it turned out, strong winds developed in a couple of hours. Before we knew it, our planes started to toss and turn in the turbulence. It was a struggle to keep our planes straight, and not to run into each other.

kJ5H0LV.jpg

Even worse, Azura and I ran into a series of black clouds - a developing hurricane! It also did not help that nearby thunderstorms had started to interfere with our radio reception. For all intents I thought I was a goner at sea...

MdQT4PH.jpg

Disoriented, I could do nothing but to follow Azura. Within an hour, we found ourselves in a vast sea of blue with clouds scattered across the landscape. Still disoriented, we had no choice but to follow the sun, fly around the hurricane, and somehow make our way back to the Floridan coast, wherever.

eoDPyT1.jpg

1sIbnGN.jpg

The situation was not helped with the seas scattered with German ships and U-boats. We will have to fight our way through them and hope that we can reach land before fuel runs out. I pray to God as they started closing in on us... Suddenly a crackle and a familiar voice came in through my radio.

9nXyj5C.jpg

Milord, reporting for duty, a deep British-accented voice said.

Gunther...is that you? I asked.

Indeed. It has been far too long, Gunther answered. Behold, we've got the Huns on our tail. We shall shoot them down, for they are not afraid to die.

Roger! I answered back.

Previously, when Gunther, Johnny, and I went to the Bermuda Triangle to intercept the German fleets (in Chapter 3), the latter two of us accidentally shot the former down in the heat of the moment. We both feared for the worst. From this moment onwards, I would pray and endeavour for the best. This is the least I can do to atone my transgression.

Battle of the Bermuda Triangle?

Spoiler

So prior to battle, Azura and I took HP(+5), Defense(+2), and Resistance(+2) tonics. I also had a good meal of cabbage strudel before (courtesy of mess hall chef Peri), further raising my Strength, Defense, and Resistance by a further 2 points each. We also handed the spare set of tonics to Gunter for him to survive the battles.

We immediately activated our remote aircrafts to make our jobs easier. (In game terms, this is the Dragon Vein replicas on the bottom island.)

iI0gzG9.jpg

(Ourselves on the top island)

ex2TKqC.jpg

(Replicas at the bottom)

We approached the first set of small cruisers (Vallite villagers), in which both started to shoot at Azura. They weren't particularly tough, and we swatted them down like flies.

YD50YXe.jpg

3BbZeM1.jpg

sUuk9nr.jpg

A couple of the ships were closing in on us, but most of them didn't prove to be big threats. We took the easternmost route (the top route of the top island in the game) and broke through another couple of German ships. Gunter then took out one of the faster and peskier U-boats (ninja).

LL7FQs4.jpg

Meanwhile our remote-controlled planes went in a bit too far into enemy formation, and had an overwhelming amount of ships chasing after them. We had to recall them back (to the healtiles) to regroup and better pick the chasers off.

By Turn 8, we managed to break through the swarms of ships. (In game terms, we were near the red exit tiles.)

t58GW0w.jpg

Pc6L460.jpg

We decided to stay put for the moment and exterminate the whole threat once and for all. Our remote-controlled planes (Bottom island replicas) started advancing again, eventually taking most of the enemies out by Turn 15.

For the boss plane, which was a bomber, Gunthers remote plane attacked the plane with his Javelin missle.

oUgHVcp.jpg

After this, I attacked with my remote planes Raider missile. Victory has been achieved.

YXCmpyg.jpg

Was it a dream?

Spoiler

After we exterminated the majority of them, Azura figured out which direction we needed to head for home.

yoR9wf2.jpg

Another tense hour above the seas has passed. Eventually, our planes were just about to lose fuel my engine started to splutter. We radioed in a mayday signal to anyone who may be in the vicinity. All was not lost yet, however. We picked up a ground signal, in the form of the following words:

"This is Melbourne Air Base. You are near the Florida coast. Please identify yourselves!"

"This is Hisashi, Azura, and Gunter, I radioed back. "We are about to lose fuel."

"Welcome back, friends. The landing strip is clear. Gunter, please approach strip for landing," the air traffic instructed.

And so did Gunter. Next was Azura, and she landed fine as well. I circled above the air base as I waited for my clearance. Suddenly, an even bigger splutter sounded, and a big force from above ran through my body. It was clear that I have really ran out of fuel. I made a desparate attempt in aligning my aircraft's approach to the runway. My last sight and sensation would be my aircraft undergoing bumps along the runway so violent, it felt like I was tackled by the whole opposing team in gridiron.

SpUNegA.jpg

My sight blacked out before I knew it.

The next thing I remembered, I woke up indoors with both General Doug, Azura, and my wife being on what it feels like my bed.

rR0ZG3R.jpg

"Azura, Doug, Beruka...I'm alive?"

"Looks like it, son. Must have had a nightmare of sorts," Doug said.

"Where am I?"

"Easy, honey. We're at the base hospital," Beruka said.

"And everyone else?"

"Back at the airport."

"Are they all okay too?"

"Indeed, thank God. Now you take some further rest, son."

Doug stood up and left the room, while Azura and Beruka remained seated. I could see the darkened orange sky outside the hospital, with the gentle waves below. I stared at the near-static landscape for several minutes.

"The sunset here is sure beautiful," Azura said, breaking the silence.

"Indeed," I answered, still staring.

"It's a shame we won't be able to see this place again for a while," Beruka added. "I've never realised just how worthwhile it is in sitting and watching the view."

"Not if we survive and win."

"What!?" Azura exclaimed.

"I know that were in for a long war, above hostile seas, and far away from home. But all wars will have to end. Sooner or later."

"Hisashi..."

"Azura, Beruka, if I say I am being brave here, I'd be lying. I do dread having to go through this war...I am at pains in having to fight against my family in Hoshido... And it also certainly doesn't help having to deal with the stigma of being ethnically Hoshidan...but I'm thankful that there are Nohrians who treat me as part of their family. And Im thankful that even with all of the difficulties, I do have a say in how we fight this war...

"..."

"If I don't have the courage, strength, or the wisdom myself, then there are our friends who do. Leo and Xander, for keeping me out of trouble. Camilla, for being around when I was lonely. Elise for being ever so cheerful for us when we are down, and keeping our morale on our toes. And many of our assistants for supporting what we do. And I'm forever indebted to both of you. Azura, for reassuring me that this path is the right path to take. Beruka, for bringing up your courage to be my wife...it must have been a difficult decision."

"Honey..." Beruka replied. "...Before, I never thought there was a bigger purpose in life than my spy contracts. All I had for relationships are through contracts between assasins and clients...I thought any interactions outside of that are meaningless."

VNR47F0.jpg

With a slight tease, I replied, "Yet you decided to stay with me, even though I haven't got any assassination contracts! What's going on, dear?"

"I feel...relieved. Relieved that I'm no longer solely measured by my assassination skills. Relieved that I now have a companion who will stay with me...whether of whether I completed my mission or not. I don't care whether your background is tied to an enemy nation of ours...and now that I think about it...I don't want to lose you, my dear," Beruka replied. Despite her seemingly expressionless mouth and eyes, her small tears rolling down from her eyes and her blushed cheeks expresses otherwise.

"Thank you, Beruka."

And with all of us together, we shall claim victory for our radiant Nohrian democracy!

nCF4ikB.jpg

Stats upon completion

Spoiler

Myself Nohrian Senator Noble, Lv 2, HP 38
19, 5, 17, 21, 14, 14, 14 Sword B, Tome D, Dragonstone B (used Armscroll)

Felicia Kalosian/French Maid, Lv 24, HP 27

Niles Elite Sniper Spy Adventurer, Lv 1, HP 25
17, 15, 17, 28, 13, 17, 26 Bow B, Staves E

Mozu Sniper Spy Archer, Lv 19, HP 22
22, 3, 22, 19, 13, 15, 9 Bows C

Azura Propagandist Singer, Lv 24, HP 22
19, 8, 23, 26, 25, 9, 16 Lance D

14, 20, 14, 15, 15, 16, 20 Sword C, Tome B (used Armscroll)

Keaton Inglorious Bastard Wolfskin, Lv 18, HP 38
20, 0, 11, 14, 10, 19, 7 Beaststone C

PS Just out of curiosity, I would like to ask everyone how my story-writing skills are from this LP.

Edited by henrymidfields

It looks like the route you're taking, with Hisashi being far more morally ambiguous and actually fighting the war for real reasons is going to be really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

As for the writing itself, the narration's pretty good, but that part towards the end where you were talking with Beruka was a little bit corny and awkward. I dunno, maybe because I find it so difficult to imagine Beruka using the words "Dear" and "Honey" without massive amounts of struggle or hesitation. Also, since you only started doing significant dialogue recently, I don't think you really built up her character at all before now, so this scene between them doesn't have as much weight as it could have, so we've gone from Canon Beruka to Hisashi Beruka with no transition.

Also, this line:

With a slight tease, I replied, "Yet you decided to stay with me, even though I haven't got any assassination contracts! What's going on, dear?"

That just seems a tiny bit too verbose to be a casual tease. I can't quite put my finger on how I'd rewrite it personally, but it just seems that somebody who talks like that wouldn't be comfortable teasing, know what I mean?

Anyway, I like where this is going, looking forward to the next part!

Ooh! I do have one piece of advice I can give: the next section of the game is kinda major filler. Maybe if you can come up with some kind of narrative that will piece the journey together more fluidly and make it seem like less of a waste of time storywise than it is in the actual game, that could be fun!

@Alastor15243: Now that you pointed out, it does feel awkward having HMLP!Beruka use the callwords "honey" and "dear". And yes, as you pointed out, I haven't mentioned anything between Beruka and my Corrin in the previous chapters, so that will have to be on my eventual to-do list. (Mind you, this is my very first time, ever, writing anything resembling fanfiction!) While I am going to leave the finished Chapters/Maps/Stages for the moment, I'll definitely come back to write a better-integrated story out of this LP. Thank you, my faithful reader!

Edited by henrymidfields

I like Gunter as a veteran British officer. Backstory idea: he was a veteran of WWI who was disillusioned by the carnage of trench warfare. However, the more he looked at the rise of the Nazis, the more he saw a true evil he would die to protect King and Country from. Now, marching against the Hitlerite scum, Gunter at last has a cause he's proud to die for.

@blah the Prussian: Looks like I'll have to write that in for my Chapter 16.

@Alastor15243: PS I might make Chapter 16 as mostly the military review above the ship. And a bit more dialogue for everyone - particularly those that I haven't written extensively yet and are part of my main rotation.