Magic Kana help

CasualFlor

Hey guys!

In revelation I want to make a magic F!Kana (witch actually) who's both a beast solo and paired up.

The skills I want her to have are:

Solo: Tomefaire, Vantage, Awakening, Dragon Fang and Astra

Paired: Tomefaire, Vantage, Awakening, Hoshidan Unity and Nohrian Trust

I can get vantage and astra from an S-rank with Hisame, so that just leaves Tomefaire, which means I need diviner.

Now my problem is this: who would be a better mother, Nyx!Rhajat or Elise!Ophelia?

The skills I can get with both are about the same (when accounting for A+ and S supports), so my question is which gives better magic and speed?

Also, what would be the best boon for Corrin? I'm guessing Magic or Speed, with a Strength Bane. What's the best secondary class?

Anyway, I'm out of questions for now,

Thanks in advance

Nyx!Rhajat would be the best mother due to the +5 MAG and +5 SPD modifier. On the other hand, you can do Nyx!Nina for one more SPD in exchange for 1 MAG. Ophelia!Kana would be more of a Dragonstone type of unit in the long run.

Also, +MAG -DEF is what is generally run on MAG Corrins.

Good ending classes for MAG Corrin include Nohr Noble, Dark Falcon, and perhaps Strategist. Diviner can work as a secondary to pass down Tomefaire without having to buy it online.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Thanks for the help! But why do people choose -Def on a magic corrin? Wouldn't that get him killed a lot? Do boons and banes affect other stats as well?

Also, I can get tomefaire from an A+ with Selkie, and since corrin can get nearly every class in the game through A supports, I thought it'd be best to get a set that benefits Kana a lot.

What stats does Ophelia give? +4 mag and +4 speed or something?

Elise!Ophelia!Kana is +9 MAG +3 SPD.

Nyx!Nina!Kana is +8 MAG +8 SPD

Nyx!Rhajat!Kana is +9 MAG + 7 SPD

-DEF is selected due to the frailness of MAG-Based Corrin, which Dragonstone can help mitigate. -STR makes Kana's SKL even worse but it can still be selected if you wanted.

Oh! -DEF is also selected if you wanna stay in Nohr Noble / want to be "mixed" Dark Flier. Although, Dark Flier is much, much more MAG biased. (This is for Corrin)

Edited by ShadowStar77

Elise!Ophelia!Kana is +9 MAG +3 SPD.

Nyx!Nina!Kana is +8 MAG +8 SPD

Nyx!Rhajat!Kana is +9 MAG + 7 SPD

-DEF is selected due to the frailness of MAG-Based Corrin, which Dragonstone can help mitigate. -STR makes Kana's SKL even worse but it can still be selected if you wanted.

Oh! -DEF is also selected if you wanna stay in Nohr Noble / want to be "mixed" Dark Flier. Although, Dark Flier is much, much more MAG biased. (This is for Corrin)

This guy gets it. +MAG -DEF has been seen as the optimal combination for a magic avatar since awakening. However, this time around caps aren't as important or as practical as growths. If you're even somewhat concerned about the maingame (and/or are playing lunatic) you might want to consider doing -LUK (with a little bit of aptitude on the side but maybe that's just me)

This guy gets it. +MAG -DEF has been seen as the optimal combination for a magic avatar since awakening. However, this time around caps aren't as important or as practical as growths. If you're even somewhat concerned about the maingame (and/or are playing lunatic) you might want to consider doing -LUK (with a little bit of aptitude on the side but maybe that's just me)

Yeah -LUK is fine for maingame. PvP shenanigans might be a little bit of a concern but to do that you gotta grind your butt of for caps and statues. I suppose that the -1 MAG wouldn't matter too much then and due to the somewhat better DEF, you may just be able to survive a STR-based attack outside of Dragon Form.

-Luck is a double edged sword for me, especially when it comes to the main game. And especially with Fates' screwy RNG.

You need Luck, or else everything in the world will kill you with crits, is what I'm trying to say. Especially so on Conquest, considering the Final Boss' crit chance is off the charts due to his class and your solo battle against a certain Samurai can go awry pretty quickly if you allow him to crit you more easily.

That doesn't mean I consider +Luck to be the only good option, I just think that -Luck might get you killed more often than necessary.

Edited by DragonFlames